It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do lights always respond to me? Please help shed some light!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Speaking as someone who knows how a light bulb works I can explain this.
Many many years ago I thought this might also be some kind of "psychic" effect but have since learned the reason why this happens.
Lightbulbs especially street lights use very high temperature elements ie: mercury vapor/metal halide. When the temperature reaches a certain point in a bad bulb, the internal parts will expand and break connection and the light goes out. Then as the temp. comes down the internal parts contract and the connection is made again and the ligh comes on. This cycle can be timed to confirm this is not a "psychic" event. Try it the next time you notice this. Just stick around for a while to see if the effect happens over and over again.
Seeing this happen a lot just means your utility company is not very diligent in replacing bad bulbs.
If you can more than, say, three happen at the same time then I will concede to some kind of supernatural explaination.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Anyone able to post video of lights

turning off in their presence ?

If it's happening as regularly as is being reported

the videos shouldn't be too difficult to record

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Anyone able to post video of lights

turning off in their presence ?

If it's happening as regularly as is being reported

the videos shouldn't be too difficult to record

it dosen't allways happen, so most people just wouldn't think to bring a camera for when the weather or static or whatever it is is "just right"....

Plus I never usually notice unles it is like 3 in the morning, lol....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramyu

The same thing happens to me but I think 80% of the time it doesn't but the only time I notice it happen is when the street light goes off. I use to drive home late every night and noticed them going off quite frequently as my car drove up.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
reply to post by jeramyu

I keep on wanting to add something but that is also something I don't want expose.

Please tell us...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Britster1821

For now, I have only noticed "responses" from street lights. No real other phenomenon with any household lights/appliances...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by benedict9
reply to post by jeramyu

Hi, lights randomly going off is often a way that spirit/angel guides let you know they are there. Not as uncommon an occurance as you might think.

If this is true, then I definitely feel much safer! They must be trying to "let me know they are there" often!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by jeramyu

Off topic post removed,
'
TheRedneck

I don't know what is worse: wondering if this is an actual post or me actually trying to see how far my tongue will go back.

I don't think I can get it that far back.

[edit on 5/30/2010 by TheRedneck]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Disciple of Eris

If it is simply the lights going bad, why does it happen on every trip? Certain lights ALWAYS respond, either by turning on or off. And, on my long commutes, random lights do it as well. It also happens while walking.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
A big factor in this has to do with newer style car headlights..."halogen"
They have a light sensor on the under side, of the light fixture, if you want to test this take a rather bright flashlight and shine it up from below...most will turn off.

As for the ones ppl have turning off when they are on foot, or on bicycles, I would quess thoses are the lights that, have a faulty heat sensor...and will shut off almost like clockwork, unless your in an area where the electric companies, take advantage of off peak hours on your particular part of the grid...thuss increasing/decreasing the heat..either thru, lower voltage=makes more heat, or higher voltage=should not go out.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Same thing happens to me and has for years. I thought it was just me. It is not just random bad bulbs or photocells. I am always at approximately the same distance from the light and the angle is about the same. I always look at the light just as it goes out.

I was driving from Orlando Florida to Panama City Beach with a friend and told him what happens and told him to watch. By the time we got to Panama City he was so spooked he didn't want to ride with me anymore.

It happens anytime I drive at night, no matter what kind of car I am driving.

I have not a clue what causes it but the strange thing is that when it happens its like I know a split second in advance.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramyu

Here, try this: just because you have good seats to 'The War between The Universe and Man's Exploitation of It', doesn't guarantee you'll prosper.

Has this always been? Along comes this thing called the Industrial Revolution, and one fine day you run out of gas and have to walk along the stretch of the forest preserve woods, and most of the lights go out...just...like...clockwork. If good comes of it, that will be on account of divine intervention. Quantum mechanics is involved, and it helps to consider a model that 'understands' observation (in italics).

Or:

Wherever ya go...there ya are....

[edit on 30-5-2010 by davidmann]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
A big factor in this has to do with newer style car headlights..."halogen"
They have a light sensor on the under side, of the light fixture, if you want to test this take a rather bright flashlight and shine it up from below...most will turn off.

As for the ones ppl have turning off when they are on foot, or on bicycles, I would quess thoses are the lights that, have a faulty heat sensor...and will shut off almost like clockwork, unless your in an area where the electric companies, take advantage of off peak hours on your particular part of the grid...thuss increasing/decreasing the heat..either thru, lower voltage=makes more heat, or higher voltage=should not go out.

No this even happend when I was a kid way back in the 70's, so I think it is a static electricity thing...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
While I posted earlier in reference to this whole ordeal, my response was removed because it was deemed off topic. Allow me to go further in depth to show how, what I originally posted, has everything to do with this topic:

The reason lights go out around you, is because you have an abundance of chi or kundalini energy flowing through you that affects circuitry.

There is a secret method of touching the tip of your tongue to the back of your throat, just behind the punching bag looking apparatus, that creates an inner circuit, where energy begins to flow to your pineal gland ....and its this glands operation that seems to be responsible for lights to go out.

Thats why I asked if you have ever folded your tongue back on itself to create this circuit.

You simply have abundant inner kundalini flowing that affects lights. Quite simple. Leave it alone, as you are blessed to have such high flow

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramyu

Hello! I am the only 1 besides one other member on here that can explain what is happening to you. Like the other person. I meditate a lot and practice tai chi and chant a lot to raise my vibrations. I feel energy around me all the time like static to a towel coming out of the dryer sensation. I say all that to say this. You are not mental or cursed. This started happening to me middle of last year when i started going through a lot of hell and i just meditated everyday and chanted. It is your aura,your chi,your vibration, or electromagnetic field is high. I drive down the highway out of all people only me, lights certain ones come on and ones that are go off. They are not sensors because i do it walking. I know that for a fact that I have become extremely charged. I also have quartz crystals around me which hold and amplifys the energy in me. So if you do any of those things like meditate or chant that is it. This is my first time back on this site since last year. Peace!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Exactly what i said to him because my chi is high. I already knew why it was happening and didn't have to ask anyone but heard my sifu(teacher) say yeah that is very very good. You are in harmony now and you are like a human lightning rod in a good way. Your chi affects energy in objects. This happens to me with objects in house also. Peace!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Can I believe everyone?

I think your magnetic field can have something to do with it. This guy lights up fluorescent bulbs with his hands, apparently:

I believe some people have a strong magnetic field... but I also think lights are on cycles or go bad as explained by Eris and are affected by temperature and/or an effort to conserve energy.

I would be very interested in further tests by ATS members. Can you turn lamps on and off in your house? Maybe you need to get a whole bunch of different types of lamps together and test your might?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have had this happen to me both ways (lights turn off or on). What I could add to the subject is just going to make it seem ordinary, but at times I wonder if it isn't... Anyway, if you think about how ever many lights there are, how they behave and such, then think about how observant you are and what you often think about.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by theuhstuf]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramyu

For years I've noticed street lights going off or on around me.
What does this mean and is there anything I can do to control it?

Thank you!

I think you're what's called a SLIder. Stands for street light interference something or other.

paranormal.about.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join