It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I charge Nancy Pelosi for offending my senses on every level, As well as excessive use of the "Face Lifting Procedure" and possible plastic insertion into her putrefying excuse for a mug.

I know Nancy why dont you:

1.Read a Bill or two for a change before passing.

2.Stop being a F***ing hypocrite and take responsibility for your own tragedies.

3.Stop aspousing to magical wood elves and various other democratic fluff.

4.Most importantly look in the mirror and turn yourself to stone.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I have a question, when does it stop being the prior adminstrations fault? After all Obama has been in office a year, the democrats have been in control for a year, so when does it stop being the last adminstrations fault? The main problem that I am seeing is that no one wants to take responsiblity for anything in DC. It is always the last guys fault, and I did not do anything wrong, when it should be, I am here, it is my job and it is my fault as I will accept responsiblity for these issues and then I will clean up the mess.

Good question...

I know on ATS the Cons and Pugs were blaming Clinton for Bush's woes up until the end of '07 or so.

However I do not know of anything as wonderful as Bush's performance yet, maybe Obama can top it and we can start it all over again

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
most of nancy's natural beauty has left her in recent years so now she must fall back on her other attributes like her IQ,class,and tact and she seems to be coming up a bit shy in the those qualities too when in doubt blame bush and then if that doesnt work ask the all knowing problem solver barney frank what he thinks it's all good isnt it and obama and his mama cant hang at arlington cemetary for the weekend because he says most of them in there didnt want to pay for their own health care benefits and they bankrupted the country as they sleep meanwhile nancy rides in a c-22 probably costs a quarter million to fire that plane up coast to coast for the weekend i think we should by her a ticket on greyhound and let her stop in 25 towns that are expirencing phenominal growth that she has created so she can see it first hand and then we could use the quarter million to buy a few flowers to pay tribute to those at arlington you know the ones that cleared the sky for nancy's c-22 but thats just me texas!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by robatmj12

Forgive me for asking but what does this have to do with anything?

most of nancy's natural beauty has left her in recent years

I mean unless you are thinking of doing her, it really shouldn't matter.
Why not try wandering over to the deep end?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

I charge Nancy Pelosi for offending my senses on every level, As well as excessive use of the "Face Lifting Procedure" and possible plastic insertion into her putrefying excuse for a mug.

I know Nancy why dont you:

1.Read a Bill or two for a change before passing.

2.Stop being a F***ing hypocrite and take responsibility for your own tragedies.

3.Stop aspousing to magical wood elves and various other democratic fluff.

4.Most importantly look in the mirror and turn yourself to stone.

Oh drat, Nancy was here and I missed her? Otherwise this poor soul is talking to himself. We get a lot of that around here. And I'll bet this is no beauty contest winner either... are you mate?....
Petty people piss me off.

And by the way...when you wrote the bill, you don't have to read it again after all those signatures are added to it.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I am NOT a male chauvinist sexist pig
by no means

but that Pelosi woman needs some duct tape
covering up her pie hole.

Then ignorance would seep out her ears..

I swear she reminds me of the wicked witch
of the west in the OZ.

REPLY REMOVED FOR MANNERS AND DECORUM VIOLATION

[edit on 30-5-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
She's kind of right... but it's still a complete and epic fail by the Obama Administration. Why the hell BP executives aren't sitting in a metal cage right now? It's a disgrace how this Administration has handled this disaster. And what's annoying is Obama is taking the bullet for BP while everyone else is playing politics rather than address the situation. Pelosi is just a loon, I don't know how anyone can take that robot seriously. This whole thing has just been a kick in the ass when we were already on our knees.

Actually, she's absolutely right in what she said. Bush DOES have some of the blame. Cheney, even more. Pelosi didn't say, "I blame Bush for this oil spill". She said, “Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.

"The cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leadership and the industry is clear.

She's 100% right!

An 'acoustic switch' would have prevented this catastrophe - it's a failsafe that shuts the flow of oil off at the source - they cost only about half a million dollars each, and are required in off-shore drilling platforms in most of the world...except for the United States. This was one of the new deregulations devised by Dick Cheney during his secret meetings with the oil industry at the beginning of Bush's first term.

Source

Video

I didn't expect Obama to get into the presidency and get to work by checking for oil company redundancy valves, so I don't hold him responsible for BEFORE the spill, but afterward, he is 100% responsible for the government's RESPONSE to it and he has failed IMO.

And this is the way Obama operates. He refuses to be pressured by the people and the media to do anything that he doesn't want to do. He is stubborn and confident, sometimes a dangerous combination.

Anyone who thinks Bush doesn't carry some of the responsibility probably also blames Obama for the Iraq war and the financial recession.

[edit on 5/30/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, there is plenty of reason to blame the Bush administration for encouraging lax regulation and oversight of the oil companies. That was his clear mandate and the legacy we're left with. And in this case, Pelosi is absolutely right. The head of MMS was promoted into the position under the Bush Administration and just hightailed it out of there last week when the poop hit the fan and it was found out how much he let the oil companies get away with.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks for dropping some facts there, Benevolent. I was just going to do the same thing.

Aside from the fact that Cheney is personally responsible of the US being the only country that doesn't require that failsafe mechanism, I would like to also address the BP campaign contributions.

This is a big talking point right now, and it's already been debunked.

I'll try to find sources, but in the meantime, here's what I can remember.

Obama's contributions from BP total about .001% of his total campaign contributions. All of those donations were from private individuals who are employed by BP, and NOT from lobbyists. They were just individuals who wanted to donate to Obama. It was literally a drop in a big bucket, and certainly not enough to demand special treatment.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

pointing fingers and blaming someone ISNT fixing the oil spill regardless. why even bring up bush into this? too late now. actions speak louder than words pelosi*
--------
The Media is the one pointing fingers in this case:
Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.
----
A year & 1/2 in the office Obama has passed Health Care bill, trying to pass a far-reaching financial regulatory bill that helps stop what got us in this finacial mess so Obama's been kinda busy!
Does any one remember during the Bush admin. scandals involving sex/coc aine & lax oil company regulations?
www.denverpost.com...
Investigators discovered "a culture of substance abuse and promiscuity," in one section of the Lakewood office, Interior Inspector General Earl E. Devaney wrote in a letter to Interior
Secretary Dirk Kempthorne.
In the Royalty in Kind division, "between 2002 and 2006, nearly one-third of the staff socialized with, and received a wide array of gifts and gratuities from, oil and gas companies," with whom those workers were conducting business, one report said.

Gifts included ski and golf trips, tickets to sporting events, a jaunt to a party in New Orleans, dinners, drinks and a paintball outing.

Devaney said investigators found "a pervasive culture of exclusivity, exempt from the rules that govern all other employees of the federal government."

Was this Obama's scandal? Does anyone here know from April 20th what Obama has done about the oil spill?
Timeline of the Gulf Coast oil spill and the response by the federal government:
www.google.com...
If anything this is Cheney's Katrina for incompetence.

Pelosi:
Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.

Added the Speaker, “the cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leadership and the industry is clear…I’ve heard no complaints from my members about the way the president has handled it,” Pelosi stated.

You can't deny the culture created in American corporations is to hire the regulators in the industry to get around the rules exactly like Toyota did, right? If not then bribe them!
Of course I'll be labeled as an Obama worshiper but the facts stand strong while unchecked accusations fly like oil spills in a hurricane!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius
pointing fingers and blaming someone ISNT fixing the oil spill regardless. why even bring up bush into this?

Because many people are trying to blame Obama as if it were HIS fault this happened in the first place.

If anything this is Cheney's Katrina for incompetence.

Agreed. But Bush had as much power then as Obama has now. And the buck stops with them both. Neither were all-powerful, but they both failed, considering the power the presidency has. (IMO)

Of course I'll be labeled as an Obama worshiper but the facts stand strong while unchecked accusations fly like oil spills in a hurricane!

That would suck, wouldn't it?
NONE of us worships Obama. It's just as stupid to label you a worshiper as it is to label me one.

I love your avatar! That's hilarious. Never know where you might see Jesus.

[edit on 5/30/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Why is everything is Bush's fault?
How many times did we hear Obama say only he would be able to fix Bush's "mistakes"?
Well now it's obvious he doesn't have the magic touch after all and pointing fingers is getting really old.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.

I am not a fan of the Bush administration, but at least they prosecuted BP for the Alaska oil spill a few years back. This administration hasn't even begun a criminal investigation 5 weeks into the worst oil spill in history.

BP Beyond Prosecution

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Why is everything is Bush's fault?

Because he was an incompetent as a president?

Seriously, "everything" isn't Bush's fault. That's a bit dramatic. As much as I dislike Pelosi, what she said is true. Bush's part in this is his fault. What Pelosi neglects to mention is that the response of the government (or lack thereof) is Obama's fault. Come on, there are two sides to this issue. And enough blame to go around. Are you saying Bush is completely innocent in this?

reply to post by someotherguy

You're using FaceBook as a source now?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm getting really sick and tired of the government's whole "Blame the last guy" game. One of the most obvious things that needs to be done by a new president and administration is to check over, possibly multiple times, what the previous administration did and how they went about business so in case something is wrong or looks like it could lead to problems they can fix it first. People are getting sick of our incompetent government who just go along with everyday life until something goes wrong and then when they have no immediate answer they just blame the last guy to try and dump all this criticism onto them.

It's all our "presidents" do these days. They make themselves seem like they have all these great ideas and answers to problems and when something goes wrong it's , "oh, that's not my fault, don't blame me. i'm trying my best, durrrp."

Kind of glad some 'real' changes are going to happen soon enough.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LordTacos

Personally I think they should set up a commission to investigate whose fault it was.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UMWHAT
It's funny how if John Mccain would have won the election democrats would be all over how it was his fault it happened. Though since it's Obama and his leftist tools are in the office nobody blames them. I guess they'd be a racist if they did.

F'ing crazy.

Is it? Because I tend to be more left leaning and I think there is WAY more Obama could be doing here. By no means do I think he has handled this situation well at all...

So with all do respect I do not appreciate you stereo typing me. The realty of politics is that while most people do tend to identify with just one group, their actual political beliefs are not full democrat or fully republican....

Just one reason why the two party system is a horrible idea... But don't get me started on that....

For god sake, use your head. Not all people on the left are kissing Obama's butt. For that matter When I heard that Pelosi was blaming bush I said out loud 'WHAT?!?"

Why did I say that? Because it is ridiculous to blame him for that now... Obama did nothing about it either.

Please try to avoid stereo typing people in the future. It is unfair and inaccurate.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Personally I think they should set up a commission to investigate whose fault it was.

This calls for immediate discussion. lol

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Figured id help you get your facts straight.

First, there's no such thing as an "acoustic switch". What people are talking about is a communication and control system that doesn't require an umbilical from the sea floor to the rig for control of subsea components, especially the blowout preventer.

While very sophisticated, the system basically performs the safety function of a "deadman" system, where the BOP will slam shut if it loses communication with the rig through the umbilical in the event of a catastrophic event such as this one. In this particular incident, something clearly jammed the shear rams in the BOP; so, even if the Horizon had had an acoustic system installed, it very likely would not have resulted in a different outcome.

So bottom line is sorry wouldnt have helped at all. What needs to be done is better testing of the bop before there placed. Make sure there functioning before putting them in use.

Here found a video its a sales vidoe so its got really bad music.

[edit on 5/30/10 by dragonridr]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Thanks for posting this. It's an important piece of information. I was ready to agree with Benevolent but it seems clear that he or she did not do their homework.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join