It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

No I think it was more of a case that Bush was so easy to blame for everything, so much so that Democrats continue to do it.

While Bush gets blamed for all the catastrophes of the world, Obama is enjoying $17000 caviar, picku-up basketballs games, and his vacations. Life is good. The world spins in the right direction.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Could any of this be a result of the "drill baby drill" mentality?

And isn't this event precisely the reason Democrats have opposed drilling up until now?
And nuclear reactors for the same reason?
Did people really think Democrats just don't like POWER or cheap energy or to see the nation run smoothly and cheaply? They only want to try other ways that are less dangerous.

People were afraid of something like this happening.
The benefits are not worth the risk involved.

She may also be referring to the "blow out preventor" which I understand Cheney and Halliburton decided were to expensive to be practical for use here in the US during the Bush administration.
Meanwhile other countries have laws requiring 2 blowout preventors on their rigs. You can see where our priorities were at that time. It is all about the money. Screw the planet.

No. You can't blame Democrats for this one. This is not our MO.

But, we will die just the same as our Republican friends who regularly pushed for this agenda and on our way out of the burning dying planet we will get to say "I told you so"

And republicans will still be blaming Obama somehow and life will go on somewhere else.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

It stops being the past Admins fault when something goes right....

And I dont know what Polosi is whining about, they needed that oil just to fuel her oncall Airforce Jet !!!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm going to have this one sheep dipped and bronzed... This is hilarious..
Little children playing at being the leaders of our fine country!

Can you imagine todays world leaders as our emissaries to the stars? . The toilet is flushing and no one wants to swim.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Let's get on with it (stop this childish blame game) and get this cleaned up!

Lives are at stake here!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

And isn't this event precisely the reason Democrats have opposed drilling up until now? And nuclear reactors for the same reason?
Did people really think Democrats just don't like POWER or cheap energy or to see the nation run smoothly and cheaply? They only want to try other ways that are less dangerous.

People were afraid of something like this happening.
The benefits are not worth the risk involved.

I don't mean this as harshly as it might seem, but do you mean the Democrats, such as those high powered and very rich Democrats who opposed wind mills along their coast because it would obstruct their very valuable and costly view?

"Drill baby drill", which I support, was a Sarah Palin quote from 2008. Ultra deepwater drilling has been going on for "slightly" more than two years

My impression is that your questions were sincere and I debated whether to keep my remarks to myself due to the sincerity I "feel" your words express. But, I would like to say that nothing... *nothing* in life is 100% safe 100% of the time.

Using the first trip to the moon yet again: There were grave concerns about the risks that posed from the possibility of microbes being brought back to earth.

At one time it was believed that anyone going over 20mph would have their brain explode. A fear inspired by the first automobiles.

There are those that fear the Haldron Super Collider will cause the destruction of the world.

I will ask you a question in turn: Is it OK to use the oil drilled off the coast of another country so that we save ourselves the low frequency - high consequence events of oil exploration, in this case ultra deepwater drilling?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

]

No I don't think so, what it is, is a total lack of respect for safety and proper engineering by all of the people in charge of that platform. Or if it was intentionally sabotaged, then that was the cause..... Not "drill baby drill"
Those platforms were built and producing oil long before "she" said that.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

Pardon me if I'm wrong but isn't there plenty of oil in deposits under the USA?
Wouldn't you drill in relative safety on land first, rather than the dangerous exercise of deep sea drilling?

Or maybe its that the rich are holding onto their reserves until the price goes up...

Its all about money and its killing us...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

The real ones at fault here are BP and perhaps to some extent Haliburton, anyone shifting blame away from them to a particular political party can only be doing so for empty political reasons. I find it amazing that Pelosi, or anyone in govt, would rather play the blame game than look for real solutions.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

And it's interesting to see how one of Obama's strongest supporters/allies gets to the point of speaking the truth, instead of the usual party line, and comments: "We are about to die down here" in the video below:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
That's got to give someone a complex. Bush is out of office two years and still gets blamed for everything.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

yeah!!! good thing republicans never gin up hatred...and by the way...bush and cheney both oil men, who worked in the industry for years and made their millions from oil, no problem, no blame,...but a black harvard grad who became president last year and took political donations from oil companies...now that is the real culprit to blame.

Did 9/11 happen on Bush's watch? Okay. Did the oil spill happen on Obama's watch? Yeah. Nuff said.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by black cat]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

It is my understanding, and I could be wrong, that we have oil "under" the US but it is either on protected lands or small-ish deposits [is that the right word?] that are deep and cost to drill would *far* exceed the retail value of the oil obtained. In the gulf, and other places off the coasts of the world, the oil is deep, expensive, but MASSIVE deposits. Where the life of the oil deposit will allow the recovery of costs and profit.

We do have MASSIVE deposits of shale oil. Technology is coming on line to make it economically viable, but even at that oil has to be somewhere ~$80 or there abouts... don't remember the exact figure. Shale oil is currently butting against technological, infrastructure, and economic constraints/limitations.

But even if *we* wean ourselves 100% off off-shore oil there is always China and India. Those reserves will not remain unmolested. They are too vast and the world needs them... not just us Evil Capitalist Americans.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Everything that spills out of that woman's mouth is a fallacy. She should be ignored completely.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

The problem with the Democratic MO is they want all the luxuries, such as the personal taxpayer funded jets, without the reality of what they need to fly. Personally, I haven't seen any windmill or solar powered jets lately.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

The problem with the Democratic MO is they want all the luxuries, such as the personal taxpayer funded jets, without the reality of what they need to fly. Personally, I haven't seen any windmill or solar powered jets lately.

Great point!

How I wish I had thought of it!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I am NOT a male chauvinist sexist pig
by no means

but that Pelosi woman needs some duct tape
covering up her pie hole.

Then ignorance would seep out her ears..

I swear she reminds me of the wicked witch
of the west in the OZ.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Reply to post by boondock-saint

So 9/11 was Clinton's fault.

Ruwanda was Bush Sr's fault and the first Gulf War was Reagan's fault.

Got it. Lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Boondock-Saint, that last reply was not to you. I pressed the wrong link on my phone. Apologies.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

Pardon me if I'm wrong but isn't there plenty of oil in deposits under the USA?
Wouldn't you drill in relative safety on land first, rather than the dangerous exercise of deep sea drilling?

Or maybe its that the rich are holding onto their reserves until the price goes up...

Its all about money and its killing us...

Hmm good point.... I have heard lots of rumours and some papers or assessments on peak oil have even mentioned the huge oil reserves under the continental U.S would be hoarded over until after peak oil happened...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join