It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Hussein Obama - First Ever!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If this is true, its odd, I don't care much for Mr.Obama but that is a political opinion. The truth is, this was during a catastrophic national disaster, thus it is understandable, but he still should've had the flag (I honestly doubt that he is the only US President to give a press conference with the flag)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomicat

Y'know... if you Americans would spend just a fraction of the time and energy you spend worrying about meaningless symbols in actually trying to improve the country you're supposedly so proud of,

Where do you live?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow...such anger over a piece of cloth of different colors arranged in a certain pattern.

Yes folks...it is a piece of cloth.

It is kind of frightening the importance some people here put on symbols...such anger and outrage over cloth.

Do any of you think it is a bit overboard for some of the extremist Muslims to kill people over drawing their prophet???

Yeah...well you are kind of sounding like them right about now.

You are allowing symbols to have power over your emotions...that is scary.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
If ever there were an impeachable offense, this should be it.

This is not only a slap in the face for those that have served this country, but for Americans everywhere.

In retaliation and to make sure our President understands the importance of our flag at all times, I suggest every American adorn their homes, cars, and person with American flags all weekend long. Loads of them.

I believe Obama needs a refresher course in whom he actually is supposed to represent.

Really? Look, I don't like a lot of things about the way Obama has gone about promoting the status quo and turning himself into GWB 2, but Impeachable offense? Really?

Is it Obama's job to personally set the stage for each appearance?

How exactly has he harmed the country by appearing on TV without the flag nearby?

I mean . . . really?

Impeachable?

Man, if this is impeachable, than every single congressman and senator who voted for The Patriot Act should have been tried for treason and hanged along with the President who signed it.

I think we all need to calm down about the flag. I know plenty of veterans and active duty military and each and every one of them have confirmed that the flag, while a great symbol, is not what they live or die for. It is a piece of fabric. If you have any kind of deep seated warmth in the heart reaction to the sight of the flag then you have been been subjected to extreme pavlovian conditioning.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Ok.

Help me to understand, why is the flag important?

I have already explained it, as have several others in this thread. If you still don't understand it, then you just don't have the capacity I guess.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
the right wing is renowned for lying, obfuscating, and spinning the truth to their own advantage. They have a whole network that does it!

And it's very much common knowledge that the people who are left extremist are less likely to lie or spout wrong information than a right wing extremist.

Oh my. Is this ridiculousness seriously allowed on ATS?

"I did not have sex with that woman....."

How quickly we forget that lies come from men & women of BOTH parties.

So long as you believe one party or one viewpoint is above the lying and deceiving nature of politics, the longer you will be held down behind the fence with the rest of the sheeple.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Excellent post. The president doesn't need an American flag behind him. I know to some, it might scream "HE'S A HATER!! HE HATES AMURRRIKAKAKAKAKAKA!"

But he doesn't. It's not really a big deal. At all. I can see why (and I understand completely) why some may be offended by the lack of patriotic decoration in the room....but really....does it matter? I just don't see the logical reasoning behind this concern a select few of posters.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have to ask again, do we have a source that says there was not a flag in that room?

Or did the camera man just have a bad angle?

Do we have a source that says this was the first presidential press conference without a flag?

Let's get this thing fleshed out and get some more hard facts before we kill eachother jumping to conclusions!

link   
Em.

I watched this, and there clearly was a USA flag to his left if I remember.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Wow...such anger over a piece of cloth of different colors arranged in a certain pattern.

Yes folks...it is a piece of cloth.

It is kind of frightening the importance some people here put on symbols...such anger and outrage over cloth.

Do any of you think it is a bit overboard for some of the extremist Muslims to kill people over drawing their prophet???

Yeah...well you are kind of sounding like them right about now.

You are allowing symbols to have power over your emotions...that is scary.
I understand what you are saying.

You must know that some people regard the flag as a revered object and think that a certain amount of decorum go with it.

There are some churches that will look down on parishoners showing up for mass wearing anything but a suit/tie or a nice dress.

Me personally, I think it is nice if someone shows up for the fellowship of mass, no matter what they are wearing.

And I would like to see Obama staying away from the flag as much as possible, now that I have thought about it more.

link   
I wonder what the "Amero" flag looks like?
Would an Amero flag offend anyone?
Technically, we don't have a republic, so B. Hussein O. is being factually honest.
It's just, the Amero flag is not ready yet. Still in the design stages. Rockefeller will be one of the stars, Kissinger, Brzezinski, a stretch limo full of Rothschilds...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
He is wearing one...

I guess a staffer should be disciplined for this. How do you think this stuff works? Do you think Obama goes in and personally sets up the room before everyone arrives?

I'm sure he walks into the room expecting it to be ready.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Styki]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If Obama had the flag behind him while:

Lying under oath over 100 times
Initiating an international arms trade scandal
Introducing crack coc aine into the country while starting the 'War on Drugs'
and
Selling us out on a bogus economic scheme

Would he be a patriot?

At least he wouldn't be the first president to do thesethings.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Last night I performed an experiment. I switched back from MSNBC and Fox News, to see who was actually doing the news...aka Their Jobs.

MSNBC: Discussing the oil spill and the future disaster we're going to face after the leak is plugged. 22 Mile long oil plumes and beyond. I learned quite a few things.

I switched over...

Fox News: Bashing MSNBC.

Not sure what I learned from them.

I thought I'd just add this bit to your post. Thanks.

link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Ok.

Help me to understand, why is the flag important?

I have already explained it, as have several others in this thread. If you still don't understand it, then you just don't have the capacity I guess.

Don't insult me.

I am asking, because, with all of the energy that everyone puts into defending something that doesn't matter...we lose everything that does.

Does a flag protect my property rights? No.

Does a flag defend me from tyranny or despotism? No.

Does the flag educate people as to the republic that they have lost? No.

I bet you cannot tell me why the Enlightenment period is important in regards to the birth of these United States?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

ok i gotta step in here Hussien you say! what state are you from ?
California !? if so did you elect Arnold Schwarzenegger! to be your Governor would you would rather have him as president a true foreigner
a son of a Austrian Nazi that praises Hitler ! ohh that's right Hitler was a Foreigner In Germany he was Austrian NOT German it would be like a Canadian becoming our president ! you know Canada basically have the same culture as we Do!!!

just the Word Hussein
angers people how sad we were not enemy's with the Middle east until after WW2 and I don't have to Explain Why ! do I ? and Obama is a Christian
not Muslim ! and mostly raised by his Grandparents and barely knew his Muslim father!!! and yes he visited Kenya to see his father side of the family that he barely knew so what's the point I would like to see Ireland some day , that is a part of my descendants are from there! all because of his name ! that a Few white American that are afraid! ! Ill never forget that one Old Lady that spoke to McCain at a Election Rally and she said to McCain that Obama is Arabic Right there has Shown me The Red State America only See's the Name and not the mind of the Man

do they think hes going to be like Malcolm X in his early Days ! get real Birther/TBTP/Republicans

sad sad because of what happened with 911 all muslims are the bad guys!
and there are degrees in Muslims just like degrees in Christian ,Catholic to protestant , orthodox , we invade Iraq and Afghanistan when we should of invade Saudi Arabia and Egypt! as those Arabs where on the planes! and the ring leader is from Saudi Arabia

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Well

you could always google it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
Em.

I watched this, and there clearly was a USA flag to his left if I remember.

Thank you! I was wondering about this there seemed to be just an immediate jumping off here before any facts were checked that was rather disturbing. If I was at my office right now I could just pull up the tapes of the conference and check for myself but I'm sitting at the airport instead.

Apparently we've reached the point here on ATS where what actually happened is no longer nearly as important as what is politically expedient to have happened.

Well done with your reality abuse, Deny [Your Own] Ignorance!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Edit: nevermind I figured it out for myself.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by nunya13]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join