It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Employees Commiting Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Im new to here and today this article caught my eye and felt like i should share if you have not seen

A Foxconn Technology worker tried to kill himself Thursday, becoming the 13th person to commit suicide or attempt to do so this year at the company, which makes high-tech products in China for industry giants such as Apple, Dell and Hewlett-Packard

13th suicide attempt at Chinese tech factory

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Labour activists accuse the company of having a rigid management
style, a too-fast assembly line and overworked employees. Foxconn
denies the allegations.

kinda gives new meaning to the old term
"This job is killing me!!!"

It seems this isn't just in this tech area.
It appears to be a broader based problem.
It seems folks in China are losing their
minds, going crazy if u will. There have
been lots of men in the last months
kill children in daycare facilities and then
commit suicide. They did not work for this
company. So what's causing the Chinese
to lose their minds????

Chemtrails???? maybe
or something in the food???

I remember a thread a while back
about an article from Project Camelot.
In that youtube video there was a
whistleblower who sat in on a meeting
of the Illuminati which spoke of plans
to give China "A Cold".

I wonder if this is what he meant ????

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
@boondock-saint: china ? i heard of taiwan, which i think is a little different, isnt it ?
that whole thing makes me worry, because i like new computer-stuff. in not too far future i want to upgrade my pc with a new motherboard, but i dont like buying one with blood sticking on it.
so what can i do ? nearly all that computer stuff is produced in far east asia these days.
i will do some research, if there are other companies, which produce motherboards in a more human enviroment. meaning better working-conditions, where people dont jump from buildings.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You are talking about the Anglo-Saxon mission, indeed China was mentioned to "catch a cold", depopulation plans in other words... but coming from Project Camelot doesn't give it much merit, at least in my eyes.

Anyway, it unbelievable how corporations and the Chinese government treat their people, many are constantly working, suffer from lack of sleep, are unbalanced and always have to keep up with the ever increasing speed of development in order to secure their future. Don't want to know how many suffer under the burn-out syndrome in China, are forced to keep on working without sufficient treatment and stress reduction. Foxconn is surely not the only company that puts their employees under such pressure, no wonder suicide rates are rising.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Wont be long before we see "blood-free" tech components marketed like we now see "blood-free" diamonds.

The saddest thing for me is people flee to areas for these jobs.

Move to city and big factory for work. Yippie. Is the alternative really so horrible? Or is it just that their naive heads are filled with industrial revolution glamor?

I'd rather be a nomadic yak herder and a factory slave. I've been both to a degree. US taxes and regs actually make being a factory slave a lot less complicated and a whole lot easier than being a farmer. Go figure. If you farm there always seems to be a federal axe hovering just above your neck. If your a factory slave it's somebody elses neck so all you have to do is go through the motions and let your mind rot and you can get by.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rickjames

I don't know if there's anything unusual here. There are 300,000 employees.

Suicide rates for China are 13.9 per 100,000 people per year. So 14x3 would be 42 suicides per year at the standard Chinese suicide rate, right? So isn't 13 suicides low? If you project 13 suicides so far, for the full year you get about 31 suicides. So 31 is below 42, it's actually lower than average.

The US suicide rate is 11.1 per 100,000 people per year, so even at that rate we would expect 33.3 suicides per year for 300,000 people. So 13 projects out to 31 which is not only well below the average for China, but it's even slightly below the suicide rate for the USA, but about the same.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The headline should be changed, people at that factory are not employed by Apple. It is a manufacturing center that does business with many companies like Dell and HP.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Nice find, I guess it really isint as bad as the article seems,, I tried lol

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why did you title it " apple employee's committing suicide" .

These people don't work for Apple at all.

I know your new, but were supposed to use the actual headline of the article were using, not just make them up.

.... and If I were a chinese factory worker I'd prolly kill myself too.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
I know your new, but were supposed to use the actual headline of the article were using, not just make them up.

Actually I think the rule about copying the exact headline applies only to the breaking alternative news forum. However i agree it's misleading to call these Apple employees.

Here is the Foxconn Website promoting their motherboards you can buy directly from online retailers:

www.foxconnchannel.com...

So if you buy one of those, there's absolutely no involvement of Apple.

BTW I hate Apple so I'm not defending them, just stating facts. They insist on quicktime starting when my PC starts and since I hardly ever use quicktime, that seems like a waste of my PC resources to me. So I'm boycotting their products.

But I still can't see smearing their name by calling these Apple employees when clearly they're not.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Foxconn is China's largest electronics factory. They have over 300,000 employees. the employees live on factory grounds. it's like a small city with a fire department, hospital, basketball court, etc.
Foxconn is larger than all other Chinese manufacturers combined with a total income of 40 billion dollars annually.

There is actually very little affiliation with Apple at all. I would hazard a guess that few of them, if any, were actually working on apple products.
They make products for Nokia, Dell, Apple, Microsoft, and many more companies. not to mention. they brand their own hardware as well.

This title should be edited. It's very misleading at best.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i would kill myself too if i was forced to produce over priced , inferior computeres for peniies a day.
with all that time one would think they could start making a mouse with mroe than 1 button. really, wtf is that all aobut anyway, 1 button?
wel at least they are all shiny and hipster doofuses everywhere get laid for owning one.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
the point is imo, that working conditions are important and we as consumers should not support employers which treat their employes like humans 2nd grade.
i personally would pay 20 bucks more for a motherboard, clear conscience inclusive.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I know one thing from building computers, those Foxconn Motherboards are junk. I have seen three now that would not even start.

join