It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census workers can enter your apartment in your absence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Rented property. There will be a landlord with a key.

Not always true.

I rent and my landlord doesn't have a key to my unit.

I just saw this thread. I was talking to a census worker the other week and he told me that they are told not to enter anyone's house, even if they are invited in. For safety reasons.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I have to say baloney! There is no way that my landlord will open my door for some dude or duddette doing the census!

I have everyright in Texas to shoot intruders, even those with keys!

Reasonable Belief

"It is not necessary that there should be actual danger, as a person has the right to defend his life and person from apparent danger as fully and to the same extent as he would have were the danger real, as it reasonably appeared to him from his standpoint at the time."

"In fact, Sec 9.31(a) [of the Penal Code] expressly provides that a person is justified in using deadly force against another when and to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary."

source

If you have NO BINDING authority to be in my residence, then your invading my home!

Binding, Police, FBI, Fire etc etc, or maintenance. No one else in the state has the right to enter a Domicile.

PERIOD!

Deadly Force to Protect Property

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the others imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means."

Otherwise the Stand your ground law is in effect and my Sig Sauer will be in your face.

And yes I am a card carrying conceal weapons permit holder!

So good luck on enforcing that one in TX!

[edit on 12-6-2010 by theability]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ok obviously a hoax, but the article did not say the census worker can demand to be let into your apartment.

access to any apartment

I take that to mean the census workers have to be let into the building, to get access to the apartments, not to go into them.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What census workers don't realize...
Is that I have the right to put a bullet into anyone I find intruding in my home.
Don't even fn think about it.
Seriously.
It would be a bad day for all of us, but mostly for you.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
What census workers don't realize...
Is that I have the right to put a bullet into anyone I find intruding in my home.
Don't even fn think about it.
Seriously.
It would be a bad day for all of us, but mostly for you.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Ahmose]

Be sure to never pass up a good opportunity to talk about shooting people. Especially if that opportunity arises from a hoax article designed to inspire feelings of rage against the government.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

Absolutely!!! You can be sure, WHEN you are involved in a justifiable shooting, it will NEVER come-back to haunt you!! LOLPIP!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join