It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acorn Pimp Pleads Guilty

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
I've seen the footage, there was no editing and they were caught red handed. He and Hanna Giles exposed the truth.

Wrong.

Hannah Giles Explains Pimp And Prostitute Costumes In ACORN Videos

"We never claimed that he went in with a pimp costume," said Giles. "That was b-roll. It was purely b-roll. He was a pimp, I was a prostitute, and we were walking in front of government buildings to show how the government was whoring out the American people."

1) If it wasn't edited then why did she say it was and the footage was from another video?

2) Why did the Attorney General of California as well as others in the judicial system say the same?

3) Why should we simply believe you know better than all of them?

No offense, but I don't think you know the facts AT ALL, or even what you are talking about.

This is why you keep shifting to a video about Obama and ACRON rather than discussing the case with James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles.

I see no point in continuing to explain the facts to you if you don't want to even acknowledge them and have created a world in your mind where only you know the truth.

Believe what you will, but in reality, the place where we all live, they were busted for lying and committing crimes. They admitted to misleading everyone, including the astoundingly inept FOX News, but that they didn't do it intentionally.

That has nothing to do with your "Obama strawman".
Anyone willing to shift the debate to your conspiracies will lose the subject entirely.

Enjoy your day,

- Lee

Thank you, Your post supports my earlier response to you. Its B Roll. How does that change what the Acorn employees said? It doesnt. Again, your trying to obfuscate and trip. It wont work.

Also again, Acorn wont be prosecuted for any wrong doing because of Obama. People like Okeefe and Giles will be made to look like the bad guys for telling the truth about Obama and the organizations that support, surround and shield him.

There is no shifting to any other subject. They are all interrelated.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm talking about the unedited portions when they were sitting sown with the employees. Did they edit what the employees said. No they didnt.

YES-THEY-DID.
You aren't reading any of the source material are you?

(In truth, O'Keefe was often dressed rather conservatively -- slacks and dress shirt -- when he talked to ACORN staffers, and he often presented himself as a law school student and an aspiring politician trying to rescue his prostitute girlfriend from her abusive pimp.)

It was edited, they went in there at one point asking specifically about securing housing for Giles/prostitute not bringing in prostitutes illegally and beating the system and if you read any of the links you'd know that.

Aside from the fact that news agencies around the nation were erroneously reporting that the two went in there dressed as they claimed they had on the video...as a PIMP and PROSTITUTE...to which they never corrected, even the conservative Breitbart who hosted the video and defended them finally admitted to not knowing the truth about it. ,

You just don't want to know this, do you?
Read the actual article below that I pulled the quote from and stop making things up it's getting foolish.

Breitbart confirms he was duped by O'Keefe and the ACORN pimp hoax

Recall that for months Breitbart personally vouched for the ACORN videos, braying loudly that they could not be ignored and that they represented the unvarnished truth. Breitbart claimed he had told "the truth" every step of the way about the controversial ACORN clips and bragged that "[t]hroughout the ACORN story I applied my conscience to the material."

But now it turns out that Breitbart was fooled by the ACORN pimp hoax and mistakenly assumed, after watching deceptively edited clips from his protégé James O'Keefe, that O'Keefe strolled into ACORN offices wearing the outlandish pimp outfit.

Mediamatters

This has become an official waste of time.
If anyone is willing to discuss the actual facts I'm listening.

- Lee

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Go ahead and post the video your claim of the supposed editing of the housing request. If you're unsure, its the Philadelphia video.

Its like the " WHAT " scene in pulp fiction with you. You just aint gettin it... I don't care what they were wearing! That doesn't change a damn thing about what the Acorn employees said about child prostitution. Does it? No it doesn't. They were tryng to help with Giles and Okeefe run a child prostitution ring.

Are you going to come back again about the pimp outfit instead of address what I really said?

James Okeefe and people like him will be made to look like the bad guy anytime he exposes corruption and wrongdoing with organizations that fund, promote, and shield Obama.

C'cmon, tell me about the pimp outfit again. Go ahead, do it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012
www.huffingtonpost.com...

NEW ORLEANS — Four conservative activists accused of trying to tamper with the phones in Sen. Mary Landrieu's office pleaded guilty Wednesday to misdemeanor charges of entering federal property under false pretenses.

James O'Keefe, 25, famous for wearing a pimp costume in a video that embarrassed the community organizing group ACORN, was sentenced to three years probation, 100 hours of community service and a $1,500 fine.

Got what he deserved, he should have done more time.

Good riddance, these activist journalists gave my profession a bad name. These were hit job pieces done specifically for a political agenda. There is not difference between what these hacks did and the Yellow Journalism of Hearst. I hope they never work in news again.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

I think that any editing done was done so to make it look like a edited hatchet job and discredit O'Keefe.

They told the truth about acorn. Good for them. Now on to the next dirt-bag that needs exposed.

Your so ignorant its funny

But you have an agenda that transcends

Git the dirt bag

get a helmut

-WEAK you

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Janky Red]

The only thing my agenda transcends are lies people like you tell when you defend this douchbag POTUS and his little" organizing " groups at any cost.

Dance puppet...dance...

Sure

See I think you have the psychology back assed

Your hate has lead you to believe the propaganda that FOX squirts out...

I am not defending Obama or Acorn, I am defending some semblance of truth

The video clearly shows that the the story FOX has promoted is not a good representation of truth, this is my basis of speaking up here.

I know your agenda, but don't believe we are all beholden to your MSM POV

Acorn has problems, but its problems do not stem from this story

You will believe what you want because it suits your agenda and hate, enjoy your ignorance in servitude to ideology and THE "news" outlet you shill for.

You should acquire new knee pads

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by suicydking

Unfortunately, facts tend to be fairly useless now a days. Keep trying, though... someone who doesn't already know the truth might actually notice.

I hear you.
It's like talking to a wall, or someone trying to distort the facts without having them.

Very few people have seen the "unedited version" of the video no matter what they claim, it's usually the FOX video they are talking about, and you can tell who hasn't by the inanely inaccurate comments they make regarding it. Clearly posting articles explaining this hoax and edits isn't helping, due to an inability to even read them.

I HAVE A POSSIBLE SOLUTION!!

If anyone wants to actually see the actual unedited versions of the video, the one that the Attorney General claims shows not only how "severely edited" the FOX broadcast version was but also shows how they left out major parts of the conversation and context such as...

According to the AG's review of the unedited videos, of the 4 ACORN workers O'Keefe and Giles spoke to in three different California cities:

* One instructed them that "no bank would fund the couple based on an illegitimate prostitution business and ACORN would not get involved with an illegitimate prostitution business."

* One, after being told that Giles had been "sold by a pimp in Miami to a pimp in Los Angeles" who was "extremely abusive" brought Giles to an office door marked "Program for Torture Victims" and told Giles "she should speak with the people working there."

* One, after realizing she was being hoaxed, told O'Keefe and Giles "that ACORN would not approve of their business or of her giving them advice, but that she personally supported legalizing prostitution." She then went on to explain how she had murdered her husband, though both of her ex-husbands, as the San Bernardino County Sheriff's office would later report, are still very much alive. She also "told O'Keefe he resembled Princess Diana."

* One, who "speaks limited English ... went along with the conversation in hopes of getting information from the couple that he could provide to law enforcement in the event they were telling the truth." After the couple left the office, the worker immediately telephoned his cousin who is a detective at the National City Police Department to report the matter. He later reported the incident to a fellow employee and to an ACORN board member. The matter was then reported to the San Diego Police Department's human smuggling division. Bradblog.com

Here is the PDF from the California Attorney Generals' press release detailing the severe editing of conversations and context in the videos as well as left out statements from ACORN employees criticizing these two buffoons:
Attorney Generals' Press Release PDF

The California Attorney General has also hosted the REAL unedited video on the AG State website so if you haven't seen them, still don't believe they exist, or simply want confirmation of the facts here is the exact location:

AG.CA.Gov - Unedited Acorn Videos

I'll check back for responses from those doubting the conclusions of the judicial system that will hopefully be more informed now.

Since some are unwilling to read the information contained article links, maybe just giving them the PDF and videos will save us all some time.

- Lee

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Go ahead and post the video your claim of the supposed editing of the housing request. If you're unsure, its the Philadelphia video.

Its like the " WHAT " scene in pulp fiction with you. You just aint gettin it... I don't care what they were wearing! That doesn't change a damn thing about what the Acorn employees said about child prostitution. Does it? No it doesn't. They were tryng to help with Giles and Okeefe run a child prostitution ring.

Are you going to come back again about the pimp outfit instead of address what I really said?

James Okeefe and people like him will be made to look like the bad guy anytime he exposes corruption and wrongdoing with organizations that fund, promote, and shield Obama.

C'cmon, tell me about the pimp outfit again. Go ahead, do it.

So Short Bus Smurf...

from the AG report

immediately after the couple left, Vera telephoned his cousin Detective Alexandro Hernandez at the National City POLICE Department... [and said] that s self-admitted pimp had been to the office and was discussing human smuggling...Detective Hernandez Contacted Detective Mark Hass at the Sand Diego Police Department... Detective Hass works with cases involving human smuggling...

Does FOX pay you for wearing knee pads???

Epic Fail there SBS, sorry

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

I can't actually respond to any of the facts of the case, so I'm going to replace reality with my own reality and propagate that the facts are not facts at all, when that is contrary to what is actually factual.

Well, I appreciate your admission for absolutely ignoring the facts of the matter. Enjoy ignoring what is the reality of the matter and replacing it with your own twisted agenda.

ERM.....Thats not my quote.....

No that is what you're saying when you blindly ignore the fact that everything you say didn't happen...well...did happen. It's a fact. There are videos showing it. There is the police report. There is the entire investigation being done. Everything you are saying is wrong. This isn't a matter of opinion. It's fact.

In fact, it's incredibly simple facts. It isn't complicated, it isn't hidden or anything. It is right there. If you can't gather the fact that the context of what the employees said was manipulated by the video editing of O'Keefe, you're either biased or an idiot.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I heard ACORN was going to star in another production. this one will for sure sink it and hopefully it will stay sunk this time.
pimp'n underage girls with acorn protection - interesting -
I wonder what they think of Mr. Obama>? and those suits downtown> ?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

Originally posted by tauempire
also what lies did they tell? i mean they did uncover the whole ACORN crap.

Not exactly...

nydailynews.com

Brooklyn prosecutors on Monday cleared ACORN of criminal wrongdoing after a four-month probe that began when undercover conservative activists filmed workers giving what appeared to be illegal advice on how to hide money.

While the video by James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles seemed to show three ACORN workers advising a prostitute how to hide ill-gotten gains, the unedited version was not as clear, according to a law enforcement source.

"They edited the tape to meet their agenda," said the source.

I find the slap on the wrist that O'Keefe and his gang received to be the most troubling. It sets a precedent that as long as you're from a rich, white, right-wing family you can pretty much ignore the law.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by negativenihil]

and who says they edited it? once again a LEFT-WING person.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

also what lies did they tell? i mean they did uncover the whole ACORN crap.

Not exactly...

nydailynews.com

Brooklyn prosecutors on Monday cleared ACORN of criminal wrongdoing after a four-month probe that began when undercover conservative activists filmed workers giving what appeared to be illegal advice on how to hide money.

While the video by James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles seemed to show three ACORN workers advising a prostitute how to hide ill-gotten gains, the unedited version was not as clear, according to a law enforcement source.

"They edited the tape to meet their agenda," said the source.

I find the slap on the wrist that O'Keefe and his gang received to be the most troubling. It sets a precedent that as long as you're from a rich, white, right-wing family you can pretty much ignore the law.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by negativenihil]

and who says they edited it? once again a LEFT-WING person.

...No, actually O'Keefe admitted this.

Jesus christ people.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Really? You're that thick? Its the crux of of what I said. You want to believe that O'keefe edited it for a hatchet job on Acorn because of your ideology.

No I believe it because...

I HAVE SEEN THE UNEDITED TAPE

I HAVE SEEN THE AG REPORT

OKEEFE ADMITTED IT.

Why are you having trouble with this?

How else can I say it? Dont tell me your not defending Acorn when you are doing just that.

I am defending them against this specific lie, yes. The same way I would defend a kidnapper from a false rape claim.

I've seen the unedited full length videos. You are wrong!!! Acorn was caught redhanded!!!

What unedited tape did you watch?

Why did Okeefe admit what he use fraudulent practices?

Why did the AG determine no wrongdoing on the part of ACORN?

Why did the unedited tape actually help exonerate ACORN of these charges?

Can you make reality fit your nonsense for me?

Why would Acorn be found guilty? This is one of Obama's favorite organizing groups.

Show me where they were found guilty of this crime.

SHOW ME!

Your Ideology, suffice it to say, is one of Orwellianly denying what is obvious. 2+2 apparently = 5 to you.

You have no clue what I believe and what I think.

Doublethink much?

Obviously you are not doing your part so someone has to pick up the slack.

Their guilt is right there on tape for the world to see and you're like " No it isnt...... " I just cant take you serious.

Because it is not. You have not watched the unedited tape. Either that or you are the stupidest person on the planet. I suppose Okeefe admitted what he did just to make me happy?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread has gone on as long as it has.

This was a non event

smurf go watch the unedited tape and come back and apologize for being a dildo

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by SpectreDC
So you think journalists should be able to heavily edit video footage in order to meet their agenda's goals?

Righto, then.

Have you seen the unedited footage? Did the end result of Acorn being corrupt change?

Of course not. Breitbart and Keefe wouldnt give it to you if you sawed of their fingers

(Edit to add: Or send a DA)

[edit on 27-5-2010 by debunky]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Acorn has NEVER done any of the things the FOX watching Necons (that's YOU Smurf!) claim. No election fraud, nothing!
nydailynews.com

End of thread & the lies.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am not sure why people rely on being criminal and being vandalist to make a point about Acorn. O'keefe, and his fans break the law enough to be put in jail by being street thugs. I do not see how this is the only way they are able to present any point about Acorn that they hope someone will pay attention to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join