It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another reason why i think religious people are being fooled

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
Mykahel please read my post carefully before make any more incorrect statements about history and evolution. [/quote]

Read your post. It was full of misspellings and called me an idiot multiple times. I don't see where you showed how I was incorrect either except by saying "you're stupid and incorrect."

Other users: be wary of this user's statements, do your own research.

Yes, please consider my statements and do your own research. Also consider who did the research and if is in fact truthful or a person's opinion on a matter.

i also love this quote by Mykahel:-

"So what happens when you do die? What was the point of living?"

Life is what you make of it, You can be good, you can be bad, you have free choice and you should know which is the more rewarding in terms of self-respect......the meaning of life has often been a topic debated by many famous philosophers througout history.

[edit on 9/6/10 by awake_and_aware]

That doesn't answer at all the question of what happens to you at death though. It also does nothing to address the utter meaninglessness of it all if you die and cease to exist, having no awareness that you ever existed. The only existence you have is on others memories, but even how you are remembered, as good or bad, doesn't matter because you won't be aware of how they think of you. You won't be able to care. So again, what is the point? Going to wait for some random philosopher to tell you? Why not ask God?

I'm done interacting with you unless you have something to bring to the table other than insults and "watch out for this guy, he's ignorant and has no idea what he is talking about."

I forgot to reply to your comment about all of us being obsessed with God's love and nothing else. I actually am rather sick with it myself, as the Bible speaks plainly about a powerful God that will judge the world and bring an end to wickedness. Hebrews mentions that we know full well that it was our God who said "It is mine to avenge, I will repay." Judgment is coming, and there will be people who will be judged.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm shaking the dust off my feet (check out the part in the Bible where Jesus sends out His disciples and instructs them on how to receive and respond to others as they travel and spread the news. You'll understand what I mean better). What I mean by that is this; You have been presented with the truth and have rejected it. Your damnation is on your own head as it is not my responsibility to convince you, only to present the truth to you. You have spit in my face and in the face of God. Goodbye.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

I never ever quoted any of your mispellings, do spellings REALLY matter that much on here, i can't believe someone is so petty as to mention spelling instead of content.

Anyway, people can decide for themselves about whats fact and whats opinion, plenty of true stories of religiously motivated hatred, its as irrational as killing someone for the colour of their skin.

I never called you an "idiot" please show me this, i never said it as fact anyway, i said I THINK, IN MY OPINION, re-read and stop picking petty points that matter not to the argument in hand.

Again, think carefully before you just take this guys word. think carefully and intellgently before you take MY word too, although i am just sharing my opinion and observations, not FACT. This guy claims to know history, he mentions that eastern religions did not "crusade" and convert people to their religion, and kill, rape, pillage people in the west, he says we need a history lessons, you can't deny killing in the name of, sorry almighty history teacher.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

"God has only blessed this planet with life"

In the universe? so he ONLY made us? absolute LOLage

I give up with this guy, its actually getting amusing for me now, and a complete farce to propose logical arguments without absolute rediculous statements and denial of religious hatred or his god dilusion.

God makes man = nothing makes sense, what is god, you can't see him/her/it, why do different men have different ideas, why would god make you and endamn you to hell because you have free-choice.

Man makes god = this is why there are all the religions with different ideas about god, because no one really knows, man has made up rules and legislation rather than "GOD" making them. Man makes churches, man writes bibles, it all makes sense.

And to highlight this to atheists and even deists and agnostics:-

theists believe we are sinners, un-righteous and imperfect because we don't believe in this tripe, they believe they are better than you, that's what they honestly think, don't let them grind you down. He can reply all he wants but he makes no cogent arguments and just claims to know truth when there is no absolute truth in regards to a divine being that owns the universe.

He must control other planets and stars dying as well as controlling earth. You are exteremly narrow minded and unquestioning. Re-educate yourself on historical and scientific/astronomical matters, instead of being indoctrinated you might learn something about truth. Yes i am now calling you, as an anti-theist i have to highlight your stupidity.

Reply if you like, i have tried making points but your rebuttals to them are just so plain, stupid and un-intellgient but thats what we can expect from someone who has given up their intelligence. Good bye

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Mykahel

I never ever quoted any of your mispellings, do spellings REALLY matter that much on here, i can't believe someone is so petty as to mention spelling instead of content.

I mentioned the misspellings only as a point that I did in fact read it and read it carefully. I mentioned plenty of content if you continued to read.

I never called you an "idiot" please show me this, i never said it as fact anyway, i said I THINK, IN MY OPINION, re-read and stop picking petty points that matter not to the argument in hand.

I wasn't just picking petty points, and if you go back and look, you've got plenty of "This highlights your arrogance and stupidy" (Yes, you spelled stupidity like that) and "this totally shows your stupidy."

I think that proves that point at least. You may not have called me an "idiot" but the writing on the wall is clear enough.

I have answered just about every questioned you have posed for me, it is not my fault if you don't like my answers. I never said that Crusades did not happen. I know that they did, but I also know that they are completely over-emphasized and way over-exaggerated. Especially on the part for what the "Christians" were responsible for. I'd keep arguing as well, but I've got work to do. Later.

Again, think carefully before you just take this guys word. think carefully and intellgently before you take MY word too, although i am just sharing my opinion and observations, not FACT. This guy claims to know history, he mentions that eastern religions did not "crusade" and convert people to their religion, and kill, rape, pillage people in the west, he says we need a history lessons, you can't deny killing in the name of, sorry almighty history teacher.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

k
thnx
bye

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wow, what happened to the OP? Mission accomplished, it appears.

Just a note, Awake, why not let these theists you keep referring to make their own statements of belief?

If you don't understand life's greatest questions, there's still no need to behave in such a resentful manner.

They are life's greatest questions for a reason, lol. Why refuse God just because no one can satisfactorily please you with answers they just don't have?

That is absolutely no reason to stop looking, in whatever direction the search takes.

Mustn't let personal biases blind you to evidence lingering about.

History proves, through the documents and records of non-Jewish culture, that the Bible is historically accurate.

Not many documents can say that, but this one has much more to offer, so having most of it verified means it should be considered a legitimate source until proven otherwise.

That's just good science, friend. Theories are investigated and formed over a period of time involving research and a lot of background fact-checking, so go that way and see what you find.

It will be a great journey, and you may be surprised at what you come into contact with.
A few years' perspective, as well, will shape and educate a thinking person.

Happy trails to all of you, and nice work, fellow believers. We will keep on offering what we have to any who post their questions on belief and faith, I'm sure, until misconceptions are replaced by simple truth.

It's good to seek the truth, and I commend everyone who added to this discussion.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

all i ask is that people seek the truth of god, if they find no truth, then don't submit to it,

its like submitting to the story of Zeus, or fairies or santa clause, and if you want to live in false, manufactured happiness then go for it, loose all or most of your intelligence.

That is my point, you talk about truth but there is no absolute truth, you can't prove the god wrong, you can't prove god right and you will forever hide behind this vail of deception, and continue to indoctrinate the children.

Good luck in your life. People sitting on the fence, take a long think about what religion actually is.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Enjoy fence sitters, don't submit to this tyranny, i will continue to post well thought out, intelligence debates on religion.

peace.

[edit on 12/6/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

all i ask is that people seek the truth of god, if they find no truth, then don't submit to it,

its like submitting to the story of Zeus, or fairies or santa clause, and if you want to live in false, manufactured happiness then go for it, loose all or most of your intelligence.

That is my point, you talk about truth but there is no absolute truth, you can't prove the god wrong, you can't prove god right and you will forever hide behind this vail of deception, and continue to indoctrinate the children.

Good luck in your life. People sitting on the fence, take a long think about what religion actually is.

Your generalizing statements prove again that there is no focus or search for truth on this thread, and your utter insolence in continuing to insult people you do not know and do not wish to know is truly insufferable.

When I was invited back to this thread, I hoped things had reached a more responsible level, but mindless accusations about me personally indoctrinating children? lol

If it was't so ridiculous, it would offend me.

Again, no joy, because I do not believe it is my job to make you feel better about believing God, nor to prove that there is a God, nor anything else.

Giving advice to people who have clearly not asked for it, and telling them how to decide things you still haven't finished thinking about....

I think it's abundantly clear that no one has time for this circular thread, and I as well, will not be wasting my time here again.

Good luck, buddy. Try taking your own advice and see how easily it goes down, and that's even with you BELIEVING what you are saying.

Grown folks do not want and do not need it. Thanks anyway!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

keep posting people will continue to open their eyes.

www.youtube.com...

EDIT: Listen the idiocy of the religious host on this radio show, If someone says i should respect religion, when the religion demands slavery then i will continue to attack it, if ATS thinks this is a breach of "policy" then they can condemn me from trying to free people from slavery and from having free speech.

PART 2: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

This is my last post in this thread since, as Copperflower pointed out, this isn't going anywhere.

You continue to base your beliefs about religion on the actions of specific people who claim to be religious and not the teachings of the religion itself. I could post some videos about some raving mad lunatic atheists and then live my life based on generalizations about them and let it alter my whole worldview...

Or I could acknowledge that there are smart, compassionate atheists out there and get to know them for who they are.

Oh, and absolute truth does exist. One of us is wrong, or we both are. We can't both be right. We exist, the world exists. Not gonna argue that one either though. I'm out.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Its not going anywhere because you theists will believe your specific religion until your dying day, and only because man wrote some words in a bible.

All the sheep and the foolish ones just believe it, as word of their God, which they can't prove exists. and then they just play the whole "Faith" game when you ask for valid reason for believing in this tripe.

Its an insult to human intelligience.

Atheists arn't the one believing in something that can't be proved. We arn't the ones claiming to be more righteous, we can't claim something righteous in the name of God. But that's not to say we don't have human compassion, love, empathy, dreams and hope for humanity.

Its suspect that someone needs a story of fiction, and belief in a divine invisible being in order to live a good life, it's entirely suspect.

Let that be your last post then, i will continue to propose arguments against religion, i consider myself an anti-theist. I want to wake people up from eternal fear and enslavement. ATS got a problem? Ban me.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Anyone like drum and bass?

Check this out: www.youtube.com...

Take the Drum and Bass music away and just look at what they are actually doing.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What/Who is God? All that is...is God. Ultimately, God is an intelligent energy. Since all matter in the universe is made from energy..God is everywhere. Since energy can't be created or destroyed (physics 101) but only change molecular structure...God has always been and will always be. Collectively...we (the all) are the sum parts of the whole.

Another easy way of wrapping this around your head is what do most people see a "ghost" as being? It's just plasma energy. God=intelligent energy.

Why are we here? To EXPERIENCE that which we (God) already know. Another words, to have all the book knowledge in the universe on being an astronaut is totally different from incarnating into 3D and EXPERIENCING being an astronaut because experiencing allows an infinite amount variables to influence your experience, thereby an infinite amount of gained knowledge. We are a part of God (that energy is inside of us...remember God is everywhere so that means God has to be inside us too. God is experiencing (and gaining knowledge infinitely) through incarnating into 3D.

What happens when we die? Our energy simply goes back to the God energy and can chose to reunite with itself, or stay separate and incarnate again to experience more of that which is already known. Many use the term universal consciousness as the energy that is God. So, the next time you look in the eyes of another....yourself is looking back at you. All is One. When you embrace this knowledge... you've become enlightened.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ptmckiou
What/Who is God? All that is...is God. Ultimately, God is an intelligent energy. Since all matter in the universe is made from energy..God is everywhere. Since energy can't be created or destroyed (physics 101) but only change molecular structure...God has always been and will always be. Collectively...we (the all) are the sum parts of the whole.

Another easy way of wrapping this around your head is what do most people see a "ghost" as being? It's just plasma energy. God=intelligent energy.

Why are we here? To EXPERIENCE that which we (God) already know. Another words, to have all the book knowledge in the universe on being an astronaut is totally different from incarnating into 3D and EXPERIENCING being an astronaut because experiencing allows an infinite amount variables to influence your experience, thereby an infinite amount of gained knowledge. We are a part of God (that energy is inside of us...remember God is everywhere so that means God has to be inside us too. God is experiencing (and gaining knowledge infinitely) through incarnating into 3D.

What happens when we die? Our energy simply goes back to the God energy and can chose to reunite with itself, or stay separate and incarnate again to experience more of that which is already known. Many use the term universal consciousness as the energy that is God. So, the next time you look in the eyes of another....yourself is looking back at you. All is One. When you embrace this knowledge... you've become enlightened.

Now that, i can relate to. Really nice how you put that: we all know deep down that something is binding us together in this reality, in this universe, something that holds the laws of physics in motion (or defeats them), creates solar systems, magnetism, all from 1 entity, one binding force or energy.

Nassim Haramein has is doing some intuative scientific study into a Unifying field theory that can bind quantam physics with particle physics, that even binds human consiousness with some sort of mathematical theory or hypothesis.

Heres a link: www.youtube.com...

i don't believe humans can know what god wants...or if god wants at all, people tend to personify god because of misinterpretted or deceptive scripture written by MAN.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ptmckiou

You know, this is almost exactly what I believe. I also consider what holds atoms together, or what keeps the universe expanding. These things I'm sure when explained in sience will lead to other "forces" that we have yet to even fathem. But back to the holding atoms together, there is "something" between two or more, or they would be one. In that mindset, what seperates an atom of a human hand, and that of the air around it? Or the dirt under your feet? The space inbetween every atom holds God for me. Its like you said, how He is in you, that energy. Just my 2

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
oops double post

[edit on 15-6-2010 by westlink]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

.... written by MAN.

Just like science. Everything then is MAN made !!

Is man wrong ?

You are no different to those you oppose.
You have no proof of anything, only thought.

Hope off your self glorifying soap box.
Put away your little self drawn picture and start looking at the big one.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaturaltoBelieve

.... written by MAN.

Just like science. Everything then is MAN made !!

Is man wrong ?

You are no different to those you oppose.
You have no proof of anything, only thought.

Hope off your self glorifying soap box.
Put away your little self drawn picture and start looking at the big one.

Science, man has written based on observations and mathmatical theory.

Typical christia/religious viewpoint is that science is equal to religion - WRONG.

"You can't trust science" A typical quote from the religious and ignorant - www.youtube.com...

Thanks for the smugness though, if you really appreciate my views instead of slandering them without doing your research then go for it, I'm not the one being arrogant here, i don't claim to know something i can't know.

And i don't self-glorify.....science shows the real truth, molecules, the planet being spherical instead of flat, these are truths and scientific fact that we have learnt as humans.

People who self-glorify are often religious - They claim they are more rigtheous than those who don't believe in such sillyness. If you are going to condemn someone for not believing in something without proof then who is the self-glorifying one with the "soap box"? You're a hippocrit - who claims they are living a more moral life, who claims to know truth when there is no truth in the matter as it cannot be known, and playing the faith card means nothing.

I have just as much right as having faith in the dew dew monster at the bottom of the sea, or the flying invisible spagetti monster as you do with your chosen poision (faith)

[edit on 16/6/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They are been fooled, but not the way you think.

You're right, the real true about them was kept secret from Mankind because God feared betrayal and rebellion against him if the truth about him were known. Did you ever wonder why someone all-powerful and all-knowing was so mistrustful of people in the past? Worse, he feared Europeans, then mostly Romans, would side with Satan if the truth were known.

Not an all-powerful God outside ourselves, but a hidden composite mind of all the left brains in Mankind, joined into one mind. Favoring language because that is what the left brain does best. Therefore favoring a people best with language, Jews. Trusting them to write the Bible.

But his rival, a composite mind of right brains, more the builder than reader, sent a failed artist after his chosen people. Thus the second anti-Christ was Hitler, a failed right brained artist. Out to kill all the Jews. Why? That was God's core mind. His chosen ones.

God not being all powerful, kept the truth from us. And how did he try to combat Satan in designing Mankind's future? He used law, media, and money to control labor, more the right brained people. Sometimes losing control of the people he used, so some became corrupt, lovers of money and petty.
Some minds even became insane. Knowing American died to save them from the Holocaust, but still shipping out their jobs to enrich themselves. Others? Madoff.

So Jews flooded into media, banking, and law without no one noticing the why. Pouring into politics. Some Jews, just a select few, still agreed this knowledge was too dangerous for the public, so they used misinformation, and started an atheist movement to disguise the truth. Even most Jews were not to be trusted with this information.

Little truths were considered to not be acceptable for the public. For instance, many blacks are generally more right brained than left brained. Generally more artistic than able readers. So the crime rates, the social chaos, was predictable for urban cities. Even the anti-Semitic feelings in the black community , which is contrary to what would be expected from a people sharing the civil rights movement together. This too was considered unacceptable public information.

But this secret information came out from someone outside their tight inner circle. Becoming targeted for what he knew. Always from a distance, because they discovered a reference in the Bible to his coming someday, and his book revealing all God's secrets. And it was demanded by God, that whatever was done to him, should be done to those that attack him. Even killing his enemies was approved by God. Because the message was that important to the world in a critical time, just before a possible nuclear war.

So his attackers kept their distance. When he was attacked, it was mostly blacks who were set up to take the blame, because they knew the truth and used it to their advantage.

But Wall Street has bleed industry from the USA. Thrown millions out of work to enrich those who never work with their hands in building anything, ignoring the warnings against such behavior. The Devil being a right brained entity, needs to use his hands in us, or he becomes insane. Idle hands are of the Devil. Thus America is becoming insane as Germany once was driven insane during the depression. Paving the road for the third anti-Christ.

There is a mind above both of them, It is called the Holy Ghost. Where is it?
All around you. The relationships in Space itself weave its mind, as movements in Space in your brain weave your mind.

Jesus is the one core human mind with God's mind with equal power to the whole mind of God.

Now you have the biggest secret in Mankind. But to really know it,

God vs. Satan :Untold Story

www.godmystery.com...

Now you know why God hid for so many years. Why some hid the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join