It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another reason why i think religious people are being fooled

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Or do you think you will just rot and the worms will eat you (with no awareness)?

I can't imagine an atheist believing in reincarnation.

Which is it?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

you dont even know how badly i want to scream STFU!!!!!!

I think we all know, lol. You don't hide your true desire very well....

You are obviously very distressed over your eavesdropped convo on the Xbox...and your desire to scream obscenities was clear from the very first posting, so congratulations!

This type of attitude is what you were complaining about, so I find your point hypocritical and immature.

If you still hate God this much for destroying the dinosaurs, and you just can't get any flame marks on your antiflame armour, since people here are showing the very tolerance you claim to be missing, I'd say the real problem, in a nutshell, is:

Forgive God for dinosaur extinction.

Get yourself a gecko or something, you will feel better, they are very cool.

Stop being mad about things you really cannot justify, and doing the very things you just won't STFU about:

Intolerance=you

Shallow thinking=you

Unforgiveness/hardhearted attitudes=you

Condemnation of others without even knowing them or wishing to=you

Interested in mythology=you

Conditioned to believe God killed the dinosaurs = YOU

Wake up, friend. Not one of your complaints and predictions has come true, just like always.

It's very clear you just want to insult Christians until one of them snaps, and you mistakenly believe that will prove your point. All it proves is that you were wrong, be a big man and admit it, or are you too conditioned to do that?

Love and peace to you, my friend. I hope one day your paradigms allow room for dissent, you Nazi! I say that with true affection....lol

Stop taking everyone else's beliefs on, and sooooooo seriously, it really disproves your whole point.

Oh, and uh, a debate class wouldn't hurt either....then you can understand why people cannot respect you, even when they are trying so very hard, and being much more fair to you than you are.

The truth hurts, so if you want to mix it up, get the right kind of armor and stop defending against things you are afraid will happen, rather than what you actually are experiencing.

What you really keep coming back to is pointless bickering, bickering you seem to be feeding off, and mistakenly using to make a point.

Been to school at all? Not the way to win a real debate, just a street fight.

No one really needs more of that....

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
...me picks up ashanu90, dusts em off, puts me arm around em, gives em a big hug, tells em me loves em and Jesus loves em to...

peace

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yes, and please recall that those were only quotes of your STFu.

I have no wish for that, and it would be great if you just keep it under control a bit more.

Stop pushing love away.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

If you made those kinds of claims, people would call you an idiot. That's what would happen to answer your question.

The Bible is different in that it predicted things SPECIFICALLY that came true. Some of them were somewhat vague, but others used specific names of kings that weren't even born yet. Predicting that a person would die and come back to life doesn't happen very often either. Check out some of the Bible prophecies instead of just assuming they are all worthless and completely vague. You keep arguing against something you haven't studied up on. Know your enemy. Since you obviously have a bone to pick with Christians and Christianity, study up on it so that you can do a better job arguing against it.

Maybe instead of fueling the fire of your hate for us, it will show you the truth of what so many have been trying to show you.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

well, I don't agree with everything you said, seeing as I am a Christian myself, but I did want to say that I think you're hitting the nail on the head with the issues concerning those who have problems with religion as a whole. Most things are neutral in nature, and it is up to the people whether or not they are used for good or evil.

Very well stated post. Star for you.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

God doesn't expect us to be unquestioning. Ever hear of the disciple so often referred to as "Doubting Thomas?" Jesus spoke of his death and resurrection numerous times and when word got back to Thomas, one of the twelve disciples, Jesus' closest and most dedicated followers, he said that he would not believe that he had actually raised from the grave unless he could put his hands in the wounds made by his execution.

I question God all the time. Without doubting and then seeking the answers to your questions, you can't grow in your faith or have any kind of secure foundation for what you believe.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

You are right. For the most part Christianity exists as a matter of faith only and so it is pretty much impossible to argue against from that angle. Though, I don't think that is the main reason that it is hard to argue against.

I don't know the numbers for those killed in the name of God, but you would need to separate them into different "god" categories. People are being killed in the name of the Muslim god on a daily basis. Christians have to condemn and explain the reality of things like the inquisition, crusades, and the destruction of cities in the Old Testament, but nobody really has anything to argue other than that.

Those killed in the name of science include thousands actually, especially among the slaves back in the day. Slaves were often used as medical guinea pigs. Ever notice how so many medicines often warn that a medicine can sometimes have a fatal reaction with some people? Ever wonder how they found that out? Some could say what Hitler was doing was because of science. Evolution and survival of the fittest are considered to be scientific theories, and Hitler was trying to enhance the gene pool by eliminating what he thought was weak. How about abortion? Babies may not be murdered in the name of science, but science is definitely the weapon being wielded by these murderous women.

Evidence of the Christian God? All I can offer is this magnificent planet and the very word of God spoken in the Bible. If these things do not convince you, nothing will. Many Christians do not understand that it is not our responsibility to make you believe or understand, but only to make sure that the truth is available to you for you to make your own decision. If you reject God after that, it's no longer on our shoulders. I suppose you could also consider the numerous miracle stories that are always popping up. I understand full well that some of them are scandals, but I also know that some of them have no medical explanation what-so-ever.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

well things can go both ways

but honestly i really dont think about my beliefs or rather lack of beliefs about gods and angels and what have you, until i get on ats or i have to make contact with brainwashed zealots

but ill be hinest i used to be obssesed with the lack of existance of a god, but im over it for the most part
now my thoughts consist mostly about warhammer and metal, and also electronics i like electronics alot

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Or do you think you will just rot and the worms will eat you (with no awareness)?

I can't imagine an atheist believing in reincarnation.

Which is it?

ill take rot and worms for 500

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

damn you just skimmed over the posts and didnt realy read into them much did you?
im really not that upset over the dinosaurs(i dont think that i would get along very well with them bein that many of them would have liked to eat me), i was using that as an example, and i dont hate god for it, i dont believe in god so how could i hate him?, i do however hate, brainwashed zealots.
and i have found a little intolerance but not much to your apparent delight.

so the things i described hearing from christians didnt bug you like it does me? even if i were a christian i dont think i could stand the constant god talk, how does that not drive a body nuts?

i was expecting a flamewar but i found something far worse......the smug know it all christians.
maybe i should have got an anti smug gas mask

[edit on 30-5-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

lets say the bible said that one day there would be a king andit even states a name
and i live in old times when kings were around, and i am a king
then i have a son and give him the name of the propheciesed king

would you say that prophecy was fullfilled?
i sure wouldnt

and i take it that the reserection you speak of was christ?
can you prove that he was reserected or that he ever existed?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

damn you just skimmed over the posts and didnt realy read into them much did you?
im really not that upset over the dinosaurs(i dont think that i would get along very well with them bein that many of them would have liked to eat me), i was using that as an example, and i dont hate god for it, i dont believe in god so how could i hate him?, i do however hate, brainwashed zealots.
and i have found a little intolerance but not much to your apparent delight.

so the things i described hearing from christians didnt bug you like it does me? even if i were a christian i dont think i could stand the constant god talk, how does that not drive a body nuts?

i was expecting a flamewar but i found something far worse......the smug know it all christians.
maybe i should have got an anti smug gas mask

See, it's that attitude that made me so frustrated with you....

Assuming I didn't read the thread, because I didn't get down into bickering over every pseudo point you made.

Think, Friend, think of how many Christians read your thread and did none of the things you anticipated in your OP.

It's the fact that this truth doesn't really matter to you that is frustrating.

I understand misguided people, and yes, I and my Christian friends are considered radicals even among our own sometimes, because of those condescending and narrow-minded attitudes you are referring to. That is not the faith, that is not love. So we seek the love in each other, but....

Many Christians act like they are possessed when corrected for behaving the way you are describing. You are free to do so, we are not. We are bound not by brainwashing, but by the debt of the Love we have received. Christians, just like other humans, are not perfect. Some receive Love from God but respond with arrogance, just as they do to other humans. It's not a God problem, it's a self-righteous problem that goes deeper than Sunday school, these problems walk right in the door with the Christian.

So when we remind our brothers and sisters of that, we often get a huge dose of hatred from our own, and so of course that hurts, it's wrong and no one wants anything to do with it. It destroys the faith and drives sensitive people away.

Since some of us sorrow for that, and yearn to see the faith unpolluted by these kinds of haters, we are in total agreement with you, but you are not able to pick up on that. That's even worse...

Have a heart, friend. Look at the thread yourself. Where are the flamers? Those that simply disagree with you, or the ones, like me and others, who are reaching out to you in respect and love? Is that what you refer to?

I have not gotten involved in the bickering, out of respect for you and others. It will not help. I don't have a need to do it.

The truth will set you free. Christian or not. I am one, I don't claim to be perfect and am not trying to come across like that at all. Does it make one iota of difference to you?

So I surmise that no answer will satisfy you, since you don't seem willing or able to accept anything but what you think will happen.

Don't you get that? As a Christian, it does not seem to matter what kind I am, since finding out we are not mainly like that doesn't really make any difference in your hostile generalities.

I defend your right to be wrong or atheist or a superhero, whatever you choose, not because of Christianity as much as because we are supposed to be created equally.

The frustration you sense in my words is from never getting anything close to that from you, not as a human, or anything else.

That shows where the most harmful biases are, and it's not on my side, friend.

My point is, when you get something different and better, how come it never made a difference, all throughout this thread?

How come you don't reasonably agree that many Christians are not like that, and if they are, forgive them, if you are so much better than them.

Then your words will have weight and authority. I'm not afraid of that.
Even though you and I are polar opposites according to your beliefs, we are exactly alike in our distaste for hypocrisy.

How come that doesn't matter to you? Please realize this is a respectful question, and for once, see if your angst can be put aside to give me a respectful response, even if it disproves your theory, one you could be happy is wrong.

If I am angry because men are scum, the knowledge that all men are NOT scum should relieve that, right?

All it takes is someone to show me that they aren't, and now I'm better. Not perfect, just better. Sometimes that has to be enough for the time being.

I hate to see you so offended or upset by ANYONE. If I were one of those who offended you, your words would make me sorry.

But what about those of us who aren't? Don't you care about insulting or offending them the way you wish Christians to do for you?

These are legitimate questions, and you can see that I am not hating on you nor am I proselytizing you.

So treat me the way you wish to be treated. Be as fair as you want us to be to you.

And finally, in service to you, my brother, what can I do to help with these things? I cannot police others, as it is their right to live how they wish, right or wrong to a great extent. That would be what you complained of and I agree with that.

What can I do to help? Ask and it will be yours. My duties and my honor as a Christian are to serve you..

Serve you, get it? That is the opposite of condescension. It's called humility and it's at your disposal.

Feel free to use it to get over the insults you feel you were dealt by some of my fellows.

And forgive them. Why not?

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
*Holds tray with linen drape and waits patiently and happily to serve*

I hope that you realize strong words do not equal hatred or flaming.

That's about as plain as I can make it.

Don't let a few pompous people taint the rest of us who are not in your face.

Have a bit of respect for them, just as fellow human beings, and of course, you are free to do whatever you choose, just as those people you encountered are.

Are you willing to be fair? If not, why should we give weight to your words?

Fairness is the answer here, not a religious convention, endless complaints, or unmitigated bias.

I am on everyone's side, except evil, so I do not fit into your category, but you fit into mine.

Democracy, it should matter despite our religious or nonreligious beliefs.

Some Christians would consider it a failure that I am not here condemning you or trying to convert you, but I see your complaints as worth consideration because I care. For no other reason.

Amazing, isn't it. Love is not always what we think it is supposed to be.

There is a thing called tough love. It cuts through the emotional underbrush and deals with the real problem.

I want you to feel better than you did in your OP. Shouldn't that be the most important thing here?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

what truth is it that i apparently ignore?
im pissed at zealots i blog about it
people like you get offended then you blog back with equally hateful remarks.
but you did apologize wich i do appreciate thank you for that
however what psuedo science are you talking about? i never described any fake sciences.

so some christians have a debt of love so they are required to always think or speak of god? every convo must lead to god?
what kind of life is that? not one for me let me tell you.

maybe you and i can agree on this, one thing i cant stand are half ass christians
the ones who profess in belief of god but cus like a sailor and get mad easily.
"#$@# these assholes!" "hey arent you one of those church going types?"
"yeah whats it to you?" "doesnt god not like the cussing types" "uhhhhhhh.......no but i can be forgiven....."
so how about that" and yes i have had the displeasure of meeting many half ass christians

but its mostly zealots that get on my nerves

and just so you know i didnt come here to make christians snap i came here to discuss
christians will do the same to athiests on their blogs rigtht?
and dont say they dont ive seen it

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Face it, Religion is Orchestrated for a "As Is" Belief System. Grudge match only, where perpetrators of haeinous crimes may be "Ritualistically" flogged, and forgiven, all at once.

Whilst others mockabee in attempts at overcoming with the "Power of the Lord" to smite the well acclaimed Evil Doer in the Midst, in a vain attempt to overide what has already occurred, in typical rambling fashion.

This is the "Other" effect where the Observers may try and right a claimed wrong that "spits in their face", and needs correction.

I believe the Politicians a bit more, and they've got more ink behind them

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Cornelius Tacitus (55-120 AD), "the greatest historian" of ancient Rome:

"Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired. Nero offered his gardens for the spectacle, and was exhibiting a show in the circus, while he mingled with the people in the dress of a charioteer or stood aloft on a car. Hence, even for criminals who deserved extreme and exemplary punishment, there arose a feeling of compassion; for it was not, as it seemed, for the public good, but to glut one man's cruelty, that they were being destroyed."

and...

Flavius Josephus (37-97 AD), court historian for Emperor Vespasian:

"At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good and he was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive; accordingly, he was perhaps the messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders." (Arabic translation)

...for starters. A quick google search will show you these and many more. Rome blamed Jesus and the Christians for all sorts of things. The empire viewed Jesus as an upstart, a rebel leading the people against the worship of the emperor.

Not every conversation leads to God. I play 40k myself and have spent hours with people without giving them a "Bible Beatdown" as you would probably call it. It might come up that I am a Youth Minister since that is my job after all, but it is not our goal to work an explanation of our faith into every conversation we have. I might say a prayer or two as my eldar are getting blasted away by my friend's Imperial guard, but then my Wraithlord makes it into his squad of like 20 people and has his fun. Must admit though, the Grey Knights have always been my favorite.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
They're sure are a lot of Dead Heads on here, with full acceptance that the notion is a reality. And, it is their reality. And, they are in control.

I've never fallen for the sheeps' clothing, or a rambling idiot, either.

This Jesus, is after all, the King of Peace.

And, they'll kill you for it. It's all just a head game, where someone kills you, and just went and let that happen too. Then they smile, too much

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

i have no doubt romans painted christ up as evil but christ did the same, that is if he ever existed. you see its the way of propoganda all sides of any conflict have it, and its difficult to tell which side is good and which is bad, i have conclude that neither side in most conflicts were good. and yes im aware that hitler was bad and the jews were innocent, but as you know hitler had alot more on his mind then the jews. im rambling why am i rambling?

now ive tried to make it clear that i know not every christian is a mindless myrmidon but i didnt think it would be neccasary to make every post say i know that. is it necassary?

and kudos to you and your warhammer playing ive heard eldar are very difficult to play

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It's a Maket. They also include free doilees for those whom choose the "Feminimity" side, or given lack-luster effects.

This HELPS.

Then, you may kill at will, and get away with it, ain't THAT A GOOD 1!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join