It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to send 12,000 troops to the US Mexican border!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Just off of the press...

Not much in the release but... this could prove interesting. I wonder what prompted this action...

Click here for more...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just saw this on CNN live. Maybe that can explain the whole mobilization of the national guard thread... Except what i saw was not 12,000 CNN reported it as 1,200.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by FearfulButInterested]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Sparse to say the least.
All the story says is "Arizona Congresswoman says Obama to send 12000 troops to the border". Nothing else.
So... what Congresswoman? When did she say it? Where did she say it?
Something is really fishy here.
A story containing absolutely no information. Nice job AP!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
About 40 years too late.......

I wish the troops well, and hope they stay safe.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
hosted.ap.org...

Here is a link directly from AP - more info. Yes, maybe we can put all the National Guard threads to bed now.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well, at least we will see what we are dealing with, hopefully.

It' s going to be difficult to sheild US citizens from the real war, at the back door!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Survivorman
hosted.ap.org...

Here is a link directly from AP - more info. Yes, maybe we can put all the National Guard threads to bed now.

12,000 quickly got shrunk to 1200 there

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The number I've heard is 1,200, not 12,000. Whatever the case may be, its something that needed to be done. We can't have an open border where anyone can run across unchecked.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

Yup the title of this thread needs to be changed to show that the troop count is actually 1200 and not 12000 there is a big difference.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

The OP's source has since corrected this.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This seems doubtful to me, but I don't rule it out.

I'll admit my knowledge on American-Mexican relations is sparse, could this start a war?

Iraq

Afghanistan

And POSSIBLY

Iran

North Korea

Mexico

America would need to bring back the draft and even then would struggle with this many wars.

I'd rather not be drafted to shoot some poor guy that only crime is being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by monkofmimir]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by freshwreckage

Your figure of 12,000 troops is wrong. It is 1,200 according to the other news sources.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

This seems doubtful to me, but I don't rule it out.

I'll admit my knowledge on American-Mexican relations is sparse, could this start a war?

No chance for war...it was probably done with the consent (maybe even the request) from Mexico.

They are going to fight the drug cartels...not families trying to cross the border. Mexico has way more troops on the border right now than the 1,200 being sent...I'm sure they are glad for the help.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Thanks good to know, this isn't the opening move to an invasion

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

"border enforcement" yes theyll be fighting the cartels, and yes they will arrest illegals... itd be no solution to any of it otherwise and the cartels will adapt to it. itd be a token gesture and do absolutely nothing except spend more money we dont have

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I see that it has changed to 1200.... here's a paste from the original when I posted this...

"TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Arizona congresswoman says Obama to send up to 12,000 troops to US-Mexico border. "

I love it when things change...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I hope the troops don't get trapped under all this trash, filth and garbage.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Take it easy for a second. What we need to do is try to stop the flow of illegals from getting into this country. Get Mexico back up and running again so many would stop coming here illegally.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
"The official said the National Guard would be used to "provide intelligence; surveillance and reconnaissance support; intelligence analysis; immediate support to counternarcotics enforcement; and training capacity until Customs and Border Patrol can recruit and train additional officers and agents to serve on the border."

pffft this is just politics... this means nothing.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Those photographs are very telling. I suspect that all of that "garbage" was brought here by illegals, but left there by the border patrol after rounding up the illegals.

No drugs in the backpacks....ahhh hell, just leave it for some tree-huger to come along and clean up.

New business idea: go collect all of those back-packs and sell them on Craig's List

top topics

<<   2 >>

join