It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the US at the same time!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Never mind.. answered it myself..

[edit on 25-5-2010 by broahes]

link   
Reply to Fiverz and Phage,

Extremely sorry that I missed your post Fiverz, I surely didn't refuse to read it. But thank you very much. That seems to be conclusive proof that this is entirely possible...but...all the examples you both gave seem to be from this month? I'm just finding it weird that this hasn't been reported before. People watch for quakes all the time, and P waves always register don't they? Things just don't add up for me still quite frankly...

link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Yes.
Seismometers are very sensitive instruments. They can detect strong earthquakes which occur pretty much anywhere on the planet.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Reading through this thread, haven't finished it yet but I thought I'd post this story on the recent rumble down here in the Ozarks, New Madrid Fault (May 2nd). I doubt there is any tie in but the info might be useful to someone.
3.7 Earthquake felt in the Heartland
Now back to reading the thread...
edited to add: This occured May 2nd. Sorry, meant to put that in to begin with.

[edit on 5/25/10 by preparanoid]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey Phage, what movie is your avatar from? Are you a John Lithgow fan? If I remember correctly, your last avatar was a photo of him as well...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I live just 10 miles from the Avenues Mall(Jacksonville) and I didn't feel anything either. I was up until 4 am last night too so I'm sure I would have felt something.

Nothing on the news around here either. I'm hoping it was nothing or maybe like a global glitch or something, which I highly doubt.

What could shake the whole earth like that?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

No worries was just getting a little frustrated there. Yes they happen all the time as Phage said. In fact if you look at those Utah seismos and go back days and days most of what you see on them (that isn't noise) is simply P-waves (and occasionally an S-wave) from distant earthquakes (rather than quakes in the Yellowstone/Utah area).

Go here and click on the link under the heading "DATE-(UTC)-TIME yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss" for any of the larger ~6 magnitude earthquakes.

Once you're on the main page for a particular quake, there is a link called "Theoretical P-wave Travel Times". Those are the links I've been posting.

You still have to look at seismo data to prove the theoretical times but they are rarely more than a few ms off in my (albeit limited) experience.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Fiverz]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiverz

Once you're on the main page for a particular quake, there is a link called "Theoretical P-wave Travel Times". Those are the links I've been posting.
Yes, I understand that, and I had a question. Does theoretical mean that's how they believe the P waves would have propagated around the world? In other words, did those P waves register with seismographs around the world like in this instance?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
April 11th Granada (Spain) Earthquake

mag 6.3
385.1 mile depth

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hi All well for those of you that know me ! I try to get some facts and most of the research i do is kind of interesting if i can show some factual proof I was looking through the files i saved and I came across the disclosure project listing of people involved
so i was going though the listing and doing some researching the people that was on the list from the disclosure project I came across the Man named

Dr. Paul La Violette

I came across the Project Camelot interview! of DR La Vioette as he was talking about A Super wave and the Effects it has this man as i see is in the NO!!!!! Bull S**T category!!!

Dr. LaViolette is the first to predict that high intensity volleys of cosmic ray particles travel directly to our planet from distant sources in our Galaxy, a phenomenon now confirmed by scientific data. He is also the first to discover high concentrations of cosmic dust in Ice Age polar ice, indicating the occurrence of a global cosmic catastrophe in ancient times. Based on this work, he made predictions about the entry of interstellar dust into the solar system ten years before its confirmation in 1993 by data from the Ulysses spacecraft and by radar observations from New Zealand. He also originated the glacier wave flood theory that not only provides a reasonable scientific explanation for widespread continental floods, but also presents a credible explanation for the sudden freezing of the arctic mammoths and demise of the Pleistocene mammals. Also he developed a novel theory that links geomagnetic flips to the past occurrence of immense solar flare storm outbursts.

the Source from above
www.etheric.com...

His BIO
home.earthlink.net...

Dr. Paul LaViolette believes these events have been occurring more or less in periodic intervals in this planets history. He further speculates that the ancients had lived through these periods and have encoded a warning into our astrological and metaphorical lore. He thinks that it's possible that the ancients predicted a Super Wave burst of radiation from the galactic center may reach us at the year 2012.

Source .
tribes.tribe.net...

The Starburst Foundation
starburstfound.org...

His Parents Worked on the Manhattan Project So if that's says anything

The Project Camelot interview! of DR LAViolette A Must watch
over 2 hours long ! book mark on youtube for your leisure !

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Ok.
How about the data that shows the P waves were not recorded worldwide?

Might I add only 2 months ago there was a 6.9 (or so) magnitude quake registered some 350 miles under the Granadian Mountains in Southern Spain, this is exactly the same magnitude and depth as this Brazilian quake and yet worldwide sensors failed to pick this up. Explain that.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok.
How about the data that shows the P waves were not recorded worldwide?
Is that a serious question Phage?!? How about proof that God doesn't exist?

I think it'd be far easier to show P waves were recorded, than proving they weren't...

[edit on 25/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I assume there was a reason for that claim having been made. I was asking for the data to back it up.

All it would require would be to produce seismograms of several locations which do not show the arrival of P waves at the calculated locations and times. This would constitute evidence of the claim.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyStrike
reply to post by Phage

Hey Phage, what movie is your avatar from? Are you a John Lithgow fan? If I remember correctly, your last avatar was a photo of him as well...

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

Great old flick, makes me smile every time i see his avatar

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Yes and depending on how strong/deep/localized/on what type of fault etc they are leads to whether or not they are picked up by seismo stations. For the Brazil quake you have

neic.usgs.gov... showing that Golden, Colorado should receive a P-wave at approximately 16:27:19 UTC. Looking at a few stations north of the area closer to the 10 minute band:

Mary Lake in Yellowstone shows it hit at 16:28 UTC
Norris Junction in Yellowstone shows it hit at the same time UTC (notice it looks stronger, this is a function of a more sensitive seismo - notice the background noise?)

I only really look at Yellowstone because I am interested in the caldera (and the utah siesmo charts are easier to read than others) but if you were to find stations closer to the quake (say BRAL in Alabama) it will show more like 16:25:30 or so and the ones furthest (say NLWA in Washington state) will show up more like 16:29 - 16:30. The P-waves really do travel that fast.

That help some? In summary yes the charts there are theoretical but looking at past seismos they are rarely off more than a few ms. Note that while the intensity seems to vary with the eq variables, the speed of which a P-wave hits a seismo station (IF it does) rarely varies much (a few min across the globe).

EDIT - sorry had to update the numbers a bit ... the P-wave from Brazil hit Florida 6 min after the quake and got to Washington approximately 12 min after.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Fiverz]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by triplehelix888

Cosmic rays can't really make it through the atmosphere. They cannot penetrate the Earth.

They can and have penetrated in the past. Carl Sagan wrote in the early 70's that cosmic rays could have had a role in our evolution. Perhaps this is the beginning of one of those periods in time.

When so-called "primary" cosmic rays hit the upper atmosphere almost all of them break up when they collide with nuclei of oxygen and nitrogen, the process producing a plethora of charged secondary particles. Many disintegrate in milliseconds, but others form isotopes that are preserved in everything from lake sediments to stalagmites and, more crucially, the layers of ice that accumulate each year to great depth in the Arctic and Antarctic regions.

One such isotope is Beryllium-10 (10Be), which can be extracted from ice cores and measured to provide an accurate indication of cosmic ray activity in the upper atmosphere. It shows that over the past 100,000 years, there have been three periods when the cosmic ray flux has increased dramatically. The first was around c. 60,000-70,000 years ago, the second occurred approximately c. 35,000-40,000 years ago, and the third and last peak began around c. 16,000-17,000 years ago, and continued until around 14,000 years ago. Each spike lasted for a period of approximately 2,000 years. Similar results have been determined from a stalagmite removed from a submerged blue hole in the Bahamas. An examination of its Beryllium-10 content indicates that at various points between 45,000 and 11,000 years ago the Earth was bombarded by twice the amount of cosmic radiation than we get today.

The Cygnus Mystery - Have Cosmic Rays Affected Human Evolution?

This site claims that these rays do penetrate the ground

Cosmic rays are very penetrating and as well as penetrating through the atmosphere they have also been detected under the ground such as in the London Underground system as well as down deep mines. The following table gives some comparison of penetration for different types of radiation. So that of cosmic rays can be compared.

Cosmic Rays

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by enteri
reply to post by assasinforfather

Yeah I was just hanging out in the pub with the Antichrist and the false prophet last night.

The false prophet showed some pretty cool card tricks.

Watch out. I hear tell they cheat a bit. LOL!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

A very interesting individual.

I am near half way through and find this subject matter intriguing, thanks.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I stand corrected. Maybe.
High energy galactic cosmic rays might penetrate the Earth. Most cosmic rays cannot. The Sun does not produce high energy cosmic rays.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by assasinforfather

you said peace on our hearts....that speaks to me, hugely

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join