It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help with a ufo.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hello ATS. My mom was here watching my kids for me the other night, and they were outside playing with her camera. She took a picture of the moon, and when she got home and was looking at it, she noticed something that she didn't see when she had taken the picture. She said she couldn't see anything at all flying over when she took the picture. She's asked me to post it to see if anyone could help identify what it could be. I said it could be a bug, or a plane, but I can't enhance it with out making it all fuzzy. If some one could please do this for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ventessa

Here's the original picture she took. The "ufo" is just above the moon. It's kind of obvious...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1173eba8fcd4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Where's all the ufo debunkers at when you need them..?
lol. Any takers?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Can you give a rough estimate on time, and which state this was taken in please.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Looks just like the one in my avatar... the dogdish.

which is from HERE, IIRC.

1950 McMinnville, Oregon.

Much more info HERE

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Dogdish]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

about 7ish.
Central standard time.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

yeah it does doesn't it? haha.
thanks for the info, I'll read it in a little while.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Thats the best I can do at the moment.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Aye, I didn't have much luck either, sorry. But closing in on it and applying a few filters does give a bit of an impression that it may be more than just a passing bug. I guess it's the secondary, smaller object to it's SW side that makes it intriguing. But unless you have a bigger original of the photo, it's going to be quite hard to do anything with.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by markymint]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I was just out taking pictures of the daylight moon myself, and damn birds kept flying through my pics, so I had to wait until they stopped flying to get a nice clear blue sky shot.

Since I notice trees in the pics, I'm going to say bird.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Oops. I erred. The pic in my avatar is from HERE, 1927 Oregon.

FWIW, it's looking pretty good to me.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I would also guess a bird, Ventessa, but the angle of the object intrigues me. We have a LOT of birds here, and for the most part, they seem to fly somewhat parallel to the ground.

Bug? Really can't guess beyond that. Comparing it through the camera view to the size of the moon, I'd guess that if it were a sizeable object it would've been perceived.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
hmm, this is going to take some time. I am not on board with the bird idea. It has too straight of lines for a bird.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Thanks for trying. Hopefully some one will be able to enhance it better. That was the only picture she had of it, so that's all I have to work with.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How many megapixels is the camera?

If the image isn't clear enough, enhancing will/can both add and omit key aspects of the specimen.

IMO, we are seeing what we have to work with.

Which leaves none other than Akham's Razor...

of course, imho.

[edit on 5/24/10 by Tharsis]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I inverted some colors and contrast. It almost looks like a true saucer shape in this view. I honestly think the other object at the left of it is a star. That below it is the moon that the pic was of.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a3fb3e64d27.jpg[/atsimg]

I did not manipulate the object in the image at all. Only the color and contrast of the whole image, then I resized it.

Logic would lean towards a bird or bug. But after seeing this, I just don't know. It's too bad we don't have a better relationship of distance from the object to the camera.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

awesome! Thanks for playing with it.
I'm still thinking it is either a bird or a bug, but hey, you never know...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

I'm not sure, it's my mom's camera. I'll have to ask her later.
basically, what you see is what you get. I don't have a larger version of it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

If you save this pic and then enlarge it on your computer you can see the shape a little better, but it will also be a lot more pixelated. I'm still messing with it a little.
I just can't lean either way yet on this.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

yeah, I've enlarged it and played with all kinds of enhancements, but still can't figure it out. I'm thinking bug. Maybe it's just in front of a star? I don't really know...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It would help to know the exposure time of the image to figure out the dimensions / relative speed of the object. Normaly the camera stores this with the original image.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join