It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddly shaped UFO sighting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueFireWolf

BlueFireWolf.....

-I plug it in.... wait a little. And a prompt comes up and asks if I would like to remove the media from the device. I click okay and it has a crappy selecting thing to choose the picture, I choose it and it previews it (at a like 3000x4000 aspect ratio), and offers the option to resize, i do a bit and screen cap. i then take it to photoshop/paint to resize it a bit more.

OK.....that's helpful.

We don't want it processed through Photoshop, Paint, etc... & we don't want it re-sized.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I'll take another....

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
I rule out a rock chip. The original picture has a shadow in in under the "UFO" in an impossible position. I vote an attempt to hoax ATS and he should be banned for life

I'm sorta on the same page as you with that kinda consequence or punishment however...unless any OP admits to it being a hoax, there's still that margin of error that WE might be wrong though. I doubt it but........

Too bad ATS doesn't have DNA-detective capabilities yet

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

BlueFireWolf…..

Let me explain a little as to why we need to work through this thoroughly…..

Please see the thread below pertaining to a recent high profile case that’s been on national TV, UFO magazines, etc…

UFO In Sydney Australia

Please see my summary report from the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread showed that with strong, positive collaboration we were able to figure everything out, which is why we’re all here in the first place

We need to keep excluding prosaic causes of such images, in order to know if it really is a picture of an unknown.

So, thank you again for your patience & your positive approach to this fascinating subject.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have a Samsung phone and the software suite that comes with it is, to put it politely, utter and total bollox. I had to remove the last couple of updates from my computer and go back to the version that came with the phone as it simply didn't work at all.

The best way of sorting this out, might be to find a net cafe or a friends computer and then transfer the pic files and send them via an email. That way it wont cost you a cent, to send the actual pictures.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Link doesn't work btw

But yeah I'll upload the pictures in a minute

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

If you plug it in to your computer, can you not go to "my computer" then click on "computer" and you can see what devices are hooked up to your computer. Then you just drag the image or copy and paste the image to your desktop?

I have had several different phones and I never ever use any software that comes with the phone to transfer the pictures. Just click on device from "my computer" and move the file.

[edit on May 24th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Crap, my camera battery just died.

Anyways:

-Those things you pointed out are just dirty specks, but i'll get pictures when it's charged

-When I click on the thing in "my computer" it takes me to the software, I can't explore.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueFireWolf

Link doesn't work btw
But yeah I'll upload the pictures in a minute

BlueFireWolf.....

I fixed the link.....here it is again:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I seen something in the sky last night was not a plane because it was going one way and then quickly turn around the other way and then disappered out of my sight. creepy

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

My Samsung does not appear as a device through "My Computer", you can only access it through Samsung's proprietary software.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So while I wait for my camera to charge, I have a couple ideas about this.

I know this happened awhile ago, but what if I go to a local UFO meeting thingy. I'm new to all this stuff, but maybe someone at the meeting saw it too.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
What I find so interesting with people's diligence to eliminate possibilities (i.e., a cracked windscreen) is.......

You don't necessarily take face-value to OP's word that s/he said their window was DOWN at the time hence, took a picture without window interference so.......you (naturally) want to 'see for yourself' in order to steadfastly dismiss controversy and YET.........whose to say, this was even taken in THEIR car? I mean, hell, it could've been taken in a mail-truck with a cracked window that day!

Although I realize you're trying to determine WHAT this is, your approach seems a little antiquated although again, I know, you have limitations.

Analyzing OPs windscreen really isn't the nuts and bolts of the case. Hell, OP could've left that part out of the story completely and.....then what?

You're believing OP's word that this was taken in his/her car yet, you're not believing it wasn't a crack. Just interesting, that's all.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Does your phone have bluetooth? Because then you can transfer it to your PC with minimal fuss, no leads and one dongle that shouldn't cost you more than $14.99.

The way I see it, this is still a poor hoax. My new reasons for this would be the poor shadow effect on the first image. It seems to be in totally the wrong area, looks like a simple anti-aliased line too.

What I'm also getting confused about is how you have apparently transfered that image to us from your phone, which does not connect to a computer. An old mobile would have a tiny screen and the image is far too large. How exactly did you get that image to us in the first place please? Did you hold your camera up to the phone? And if so what kind of CAMERA is it, because from the looks of your windscreen photo it's also naff. And if you're going to try and convince me your camera AUTO-FOCUSSED on a mobile phone screen, you'll need to enclose $100

Shame, but I can't believe people are swallowing this. OP, why did you only join the forums yesterday? Why are you not excited about this photo? People who capture little objects in the distance are extremely talkative about the event they witnessed even months after, but you don't seem to care at all about it, let alone the fact that if it IS real, you've caught a very cool craft in quite clear definition. But as I say it's the fact you're showing no passion whatsoever that really makes me disbelieve you.

I'm not going to blow my own horn here, but as I've worked with photo manipulation, pixel artists, animators & film-makers for the last 10 years - what you're showing us here is just naff.

You're quite lucky though. People are dismayed because they want to believe you and luckily you've got a small number of them convinced you really have caught an alien craft on camera. Sadly I see through your cockomany story even if no-one else does. Well, I say that, I see there are a few people who have exactly the same thoughts as me.

You're doing mildly well to cover your tracks but it's not going to last.

It's also a bit of an insult. I mean, most people who see a UFO find a personal level with it, they look for reasons why perhaps they were shown such a thing. Yet, you apparently capture a great image of a large craft but you don't give a monkeys. I honestly don't think aliens chose you, sorry.

Please stop fooling people!

It's like those people on YouTube who post fakes, and you give them 10 reasons why their video is crap, and they delete your comment and send you a message saying "LOL well done you realised! But Im taking your comment off so I can fool another 100 people!".

Well whatever, I'm still having fun debating and I hope you are too.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The closeups prove its been photoshopped due to sharp edges being totally out of place, but regardless........

THIS post below shows you the OP is joking around, hes suggesting the UFO was the shape of a penis? Has no one else noticed this post? Hes taking us all for a ride.

Originally posted by BlueFireWolf
Thanks, And I have a mild theory on the ship's shape....

Well, not an exact rectangle; but that general idea.

I guess it could be backing into the worm hole thingy, why it would I have no clue.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Funny how he always has an excuse for not being able to complete a very simple task. A task that would prove he didnt manipulate the photo.

Like Beingfollowed said, this guy is taking us for a ride. The penis entering a "wormhole" should settle it.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Rowsdowerr]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
it looks like this craft to me

could be your gov's new toy
take your battery out of your phone and tell me the model number(it's tiny but its on most if not all samsung phones) i'll try and tell you how to get the raw pic without useing the samsung software.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

You ignored about half the things I have said.

And incase you haven't noticed, I am excited; I've been repeatedly asking people what it could be; but right now I'm trying to prove that it even exists.

And I'm not religious, so I don't think it means anything. I'm just lucky.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yeah that was pointed out, I think OP's response was: "I don't know why it looks like a penis". You'll find it on a page or two before this one.

But I agree. It looks like a penis because the OP wants us to look at a funny penis picture!

EDIT. And I haven't ignored you fella, I've asked a whole bunch of questions to try and get to the bottom of this and you've quite neatly ignored all of them. Please don't expect sympathy from me. When I see a photoshopped image trying to be passed as real I auto-lose sympathy, especially on a forum like this, where we're trying to decipher the reality of the phenomena on a daily basis.

Seriously, you should look at some other threads and see just how unbalanced your account and photos are compared to ones that have a lot of people genuinly excited.

And in all honesty, I may not be a mod or anything but I'm still keen to protect people who truly want to find out about aliens from rubbish like this.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by markymint]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Ummm.... No. I didn't want it to look like a penis, that was an accident.

I was just speculating on the general shape of it.

EDIT: #, I know this sounds wrong, but just chill out. forgot the penis # and leave if you don't care, cause I've answered all the questions and you only read what you wanted.
And I'm not avoiding uploading the raw photos, if you paid attention you'd notice I'm not the only one with this problem.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by BlueFireWolf]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join