It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddly shaped UFO sighting

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

The motivations for going public are many. You are completely missing a whole slew of psychological reasons people have for their actions. To see it as "Oh i saw something strange i must rush out and tell the world", is, frankly, unbelievably naive.

The social peer group one belongs to has a huge amount to do with whether people come clean, about these vents, sooner, later or never at all. Many people have no wish to witness anything weird at all. In fact, they spend the better part of their lives avoiding such possibilities. Why? Well there arr as many reasons as there are people.

For one-thing, reporting such an event can, effectively kill a person's career. Not just in the military or civil aviation, but many other spheres of business. "Oh it's the UFO person",, is not a soobriquet a lot of people would wish have attached to them , for perfectly understandable reasons.

Hey Hendrix and Lennon talk about their UFO experiences, well they are *out there* anyway, it's par for the course, it's not going to affect their standing, in a bad way at all. In fact, one could argue , it's almost expected. However if you're an electrician, it can mean people suddenly, for no real reason at all, no longer think you are trustworthy.

"Do you really want a person who sees UFOs wiring your house"? it might sound petty to you, but it is very much an issue.

What often happens is this. over time the sheer *weight* on the mind of what occurred, demands that a person has to let it out to someone. By and large they will seek what they perceive as a sympathetic ear. The other route, is to just completely ignore it and literally, forget it ever happened.

I've detailed an incident related to me , by a very reliable person who said the following.

"After the incident we drove home in silence, not one person mentioned to anyone else, during the journey, what we had all just witnessed. In the intervening 30 years since then, neither has any of the four witnesses ever mentioned the incident to the other three"

I always quote a classic incident from a TV show here in Britain.

Stanton Friedman was a guest on a chat show, during which some astronomer glibly made the following comment. "Oh, if i had any evidence at all of extra terrestrials I'd be straight to the press and telling everyone about it".

To which Stanton Friedman replied

"Now you know why you have never been asked to work on anything along those lines"...

The problem with many skeptics is simple. They are so full of their own view of life, they have absolutely no people skills at all. They think being blunt and honest is all one needs to be. Well, that's about as far from right as it possible to be. in their desperate attempts to show, just how damned clever they are, they often make exposing hoaxes that much harder.

By being dismissive in a wholly arrogant manner they merely play into the hoaxer's hands and own mental mindset and make them dig their heels in even deeper and defend their stance to the "last bullet".

The money you post the phrase, "oh it's obviously a fake", in general all you are doing is serving to drag a thread out, post wise, far far longer than it ever needed to be to have shown, if indeed it was the case, that it was a fake. The problem being that, the thread then becomes nothing more than the skeptics self important view of themselves, versus, the hoaxer's own self important nature.

There is a hilarious paradox about all these pictures and videos. The very same people who deny they can exist also, by some magical means, seem to know exactly what these non existent objects should actually look like, even though they don't exist.

The truth is, the more you encourage the hoaxer, by and large, the quicker they expose their own fallibilities and begin to over egg the story. If people immediately jump in with combative pronouncements, you merely drive them onto the defensive and, often, the chances of a hoax being exposed early on are lost. Those same people who immediately make pronouncements also erroneously assume that anyone who might seem to give the claimant a greater latitude are *on their side*.. The truth is, more often than not many are simply seeing how much more information the person is willing to offer whilst someone else is thoroughly examining the video or pictures.

Here's a classic example At the end of World War two the Brits were singularly successful in retrieving huge amounts of information from the Nazis. How? Well simple, they interrogated them, as the Nazis expected, but they also let them stay, in surroundings, these people felt, showed them the respect their owns elf importance told them they were due. The Brits simply bugged the lounges and libraries they were allowed to use and listened to them talking amongst themselves. Of course, feeling at ease, several leading Nazis happily spike about things amongst themselves, no amount of interrogation would have winkled from them.

my thoughts on these pics are that. They look like a really bad hoax. That begs the question then, why? If you are going to hoax something, surely you'd do it that bit better than this?. Given that, I am willing to accept, just maybe the person is genuine.

The point being, i don't actually know what a UFO actually looks like or what it should look like. Therefore, unlike those, who don't believe them but, at the same time, know exactly what they should look like. I have to accept, until proved fake, that which is offered as being just that, a UFO.

It doesn't make it an alien, it just means it's unidentified and it would seem to be in the sky, so chances are, it's flying.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
just incase you missed my request www.abovetopsecret.com...
soo can i have the model number or not? its under the battery

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ah! Wow. That sucks! Ive never had that issue with any of my phones. I will have to remember: no samsung ever!!

He should still be able to at least email it. I don't know of camera cell phone that doesn't have a way of getting the picture off the phone. This guy is just stalling to get as much attention as he can for it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueFireWolf
It was either on my way, or heading back from a hike I took (met up with friends there, but both ways I was alone). So basically I was heading east or west on the Trans Canada Highway (If I was heading west, I was passed calaway park), and there were (in close view) 8 cars going my way and 6 oncoming. While driving, I noticed a large object in the sky, just sitting there. I was still driving by the way. At that point, there was a bit more visible of it than in the picture, but not much. It also still had the wormhole thing there, kinda mildly spinning and distorting itself. I grabbed my phone and opened it up, around the point it started slowly moving in to the hole. My windshield was kinda dirty and had glare so I waited a bit longer and leaned into the passenger seat so I could take a picture out that window. The first picture I took (second one I showed) was blurry and wasnt defined. The second one I took (first I showed) was okay. The third one (not shown) was horrible and I deleted it later. When I tried to get a forth one (almost passed it now) it moved a bit quicker into the hole. I didn't get to see it go all the way in because when I passed it it dissapeared (probably cause I was behind the hole, making it impossible to see what was on the other side.

BlueFireWolf…..

Thank you for your detailed report regarding your sighting & the sequence pertaining to your photography of the object.

I want to be clear here:

I am NOT accusing you of hoaxing this.

”The first picture I took (second one I showed) was blurry and wasnt defined. The second one I took (first I showed) was okay.”

That sounds as if you took the photos in quick succession.

Please have a look at the EXIF data below, as per my earlier post:

- The EXIF data time for “Photo 1” is ”2010-05-24 14:44:17”

- The EXIF data time for “Photo 2” is ”2010-05-23 22:02:53”

Can you make comment pertaining to that? (many thanks)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Photo 1 with EXIF data (scroll right):

Photo 2 with EXIF data (scroll right):

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueFireWolf
Ok guys, this is the ultimate verdict story of sorts; it may not be exactly right because my memory sucks but it's pretty accurate.

It was either on my way, or heading back from a hike I took (met up with friends there, but both ways I was alone). So basically I was heading east or west on the Trans Canada Highway (If I was heading west, I was passed calaway park), and there were (in close view) 8 cars going my way and 6 oncoming. While driving, I noticed a large object in the sky, just sitting there. I was still driving by the way. At that point, there was a bit more visible of it than in the picture, but not much. It also still had the wormhole thing there, kinda mildly spinning and distorting itself. I grabbed my phone and opened it up, around the point it started slowly moving in to the hole. My windshield was kinda dirty and had glare so I waited a bit longer and leaned into the passenger seat so I could take a picture out that window. The first picture I took (second one I showed) was blurry and wasnt defined. The second one I took (first I showed) was okay. The third one (not shown) was horrible and I deleted it later. When I tried to get a forth one (almost passed it now) it moved a bit quicker into the hole. I didn't get to see it go all the way in because when I passed it it dissapeared (probably cause I was behind the hole, making it impossible to see what was on the other side.

Okay, now here is where I am having a problem. Forget the analysis part of this (I'll leave that to Maybe) but.....to forget where you were heading when you saw this SHOCKING anomaly is hard to swallow.

I realize we all react and recall many things differently but there is a sorta 'normal' reaction and recall when faced with something so shocking though.
No offense OP but I see you're a little 'iffy' on a lot details, presentation and jargon (like calling something a 'thingy') but I can't fathom any reason why you wouldn't remember exactly where you were heading in light of a heart-stopping experience. That goes beyond 'iffy'.

It's been studied that people who saw the events of 9-11-01 knows EXACTLY where they were and what they were doing that moment they heard the news (or saw it on TV). Shock, does that to you. Time just stops and becomes etched in your memory.

So seeing a UFO morph into a wormhole on your way somewhere yet you don't know WHERE you were going (coming or going from a hike) is hard to believe.
Sorry OP. Never claim to be a psychologist but that behavior doesn't bode well with me.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

What often happens is this. over time the sheer *weight* on the mind of what occurred, demands that a person has to let it out to someone.

I agree with your points, but I'd have to say things have changed a lot since WW2, and people who saw things but kept quiet for 30 years.

This is 2010. We have UFO films, news reports and scientists saying ET is highly likely being rammed down our throats on a weekly basis now, and we have for a good year or two now. I think it's much more likely people will feel at ease to come forward.

But yes I do agree there is a lot more to it psychologically. But the OP seems like a twenties kind of guy, someone who wouldn't be afraid to tell. When I first saw one I told people that very night, some laughed it off, but one told me about his story. Every now and then I will drop in "UFO" to a conversation and surprisingly, at least one person from each group I've dropped it into will tell me openly about their own sightings. And a few of them have said they told someone the same day but were shrugged off. But yes, this can't speak for everyone.

Frankly though, if I saw something passing through another dimension, I would # myself and probably crash my car.

If it was an object streaking across the sky, I can understand dismissing it a little and not wanting to get to the bottom of it very quickly. But transversing dimensions? That is NOT the kind of stuff I can imagine any normal human being would leave to simmer for several months or years before saying anything.

We also have to take into account the other "wormhole" incidents. There's that great russian video, the Chinese one and the Norway spiral. All witnessed by multiple, in some cases, hundreds of others. A busy highway, an object dissapearing through what the OP is describing (without investigation) as a worm hole indicates to me if it was real, it would be a huge matter that needed clearing up.

EDIT: And One Moment is right (and I pretty much repeated what One Moment said) ... just that event alone would leave you reeling. I've seen stuff but nothing to that extent and I still remember every detail :/

EDIT EDIT: And now the EXIF time data is proving it's a hoax even stronger :/ [Wait, in favour of OP, the EXIF dates probably are the upload times..]

All that aside, I just want to say, even though I've only been here less than a year, this is definitely one of the most fun investigations..10 pages in and we're still half and half.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by markymint]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by markymint]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Well said FireMoon! (The four who sat quietly in the car? The Allagash abductions? If so, I met one of the twins a few years ago)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

Cavscout11cav.....

May I ask 2 favours pertaining to your "shadow analysis"?

Could you please post larger images & insert those with the "ats" letters deleted from the image link prefix & suffix so as to enable the "slider bar" feature? (many thanks)

Could you please expand on your explanation a little? (many thanks).

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Sure thing, give me a second

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
About me not caring, I did; but I'm a very morbid and depressed person. I really don't care about most things, and for one reason or another, I just brushed this off.

And the times of the pictures? Those are when I uploaded them, as I stated. It would have lost all it's info when I screen cap'd it.

Sorry, I probably missed a lot of stuff I still need to address, and I will eventually.

EDIT: @ aceofclubs: Model AB043446LA

[edit on 24-5-2010 by BlueFireWolf]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ok, I took the most fesible area on the highway that I could find based off of the original pic and set the date and time on google earth to what the OP said.
The sun is seen here and I had to twist the view to a SW direction so you can see the sun in the sky

I took the info of where the sun in the sky was, turned facing south as you can see the glare from the sun in the original pic in the upper right corner which at 4 pm would be towards the west, leaving his view towards the South (which he also said he was right next to it and passed it)

Taking where the sun is in the sky, and the shadow directly below it in the pic, I came to the conclusion it was impossible.

Even if the shadow was behind it, the fact that this is Canada would make it impossible because of the relation of the sun to earth, Canada, and the UFO

[edit on 24-5-2010 by cavscout11cav]Edit to say thank you Maybe, you just taught me how to post scrollable pics. Thanks

[edit on 24-5-2010 by cavscout11cav]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Markymint.....

Based on close personal experience, I'll venture a comment regarding the “psychological” aspect of UFO sightings.

A few years ago, a very well educated & successful close family member who was well known as a total UFO skeptic came to see me to explain that along with another person who I knew, he had just observed a saucer shaped craft for approx 10 minutes at close range & in great detail, including observation through a telescope. He described everything…..shape, colour, “windows”…..everything. He lived in a secluded area in the mountains.

My point is…..

He was not overly excited or stressed…..he simply said “now I know they exist”…..& that was that.

People respond differently to such things.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueFireWolf

I'm starting to wonder if you're brainwashed or manipulated in some capacity OP. The way you're describing your 'don't give a crap' demeanor begs further understanding especially in light of possibly seeing something so amazing.

Are you on prescription meds mainly, antidepressants?
Do you excessively drink alcohol?
Have you ever seen a UFO before?
Have you ever experienced, missing time in your entire life?
Do you hear humming?
May I ask you how old you are?
Female? Male?
Are you from a military background?

Let me know if my questions make you uncomfortable for I will stop then.
Thanks

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yeah good job. I'm convinced the shadow is that killer detail that proves it a hoax. The glare on the object almost puts the sun in the right place, but not the shadow.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I'd say, younger peer groups tend to be far less forgiving of infractions of the group psyche and core beliefs. I know Calgary, but i don;t know the guys own back ground. What i do know about the area is that. The moment you leave Calgary, it's very much like stepping back into the 1950s, in terms of many people's outlook on life and views on things.

Oh and no, it wasn't the Allagash incident i was referring to, although, it does sieve to back up my point. This was a tale told to me by someone i met through my supporting a football team. Someone who, i would often find myself at total odds with, opinion wise, on many subjects. However, they saw in me something that told them i wouldn't just laugh at them.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Thats is the battery model. Come on man all cell phones have a name or model number right on them.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

Cavscout11cav.....

Many thanks!

I actually have to go & work for a living for a few hours, so I'll have a really good look at that later on.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think I know what it is. It looks like a brass cased 9mm bullet jammed into the windshield. Were you fleeing the scene of a crime when you took this photo?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rowsdowerr

Thats is the battery model. Come on man all cell phones have a name or model number right on them.

I own a Samsung and a Motorola phone and neither of them has any model number on them.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
About the whole shadow thing, I don't see it. You guys keep referencing a shadow, and I don't know what you're talking about

And the time(and date) were a guess.

I'm 21

I'm a male.

I'm not on drugs and only drink alcohol lightly.

I've never seen a UFO before I think, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure, but most of 2008 seems like a blur to me.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by BlueFireWolf]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join