It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddly shaped UFO sighting

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandwiches
It's impossible to call it a hoax for certain when I'm not a professional photo analyst.
Supposedly UFOs can have a morphing skin.
Also they might have energy fields we don't understand around them that cause distortions.
Just sayin'
Keep an open mind, it will serve you well.

Sandwiches.....

I truly hate the point in such threads when I feel compelled to challenge the op on his material.

However, have a look at these 2 posts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unfortunately, as much as we've tried to work our way through this to a positive outcome, there are huge problems with this one.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
reply to post by One Moment

I will try to help you out some, I'm just figuring it out too

EXIF is the unseen info of an image. You have to have a program to extract that info, but it gives you the camera make model, shutter speed, exposure etc.

As you can see with his earlier example of the parking lot. He took a photo and then used an Iphone application image gold which allows you to post a ufo in any picture you take with the iphone.

He then took the EXIF data and compared both pictures side by side. You notice the column on the left has a lot of info, such as Iphone 3gs, his location etc.

The column on the right is the picture where he used the program to add the ufo. Notice alot of the info is missing, showing that it has been altered

I hope that helped some

Many thanks Cav!!
That was extremely helpful.
Now I feel like part of the classroom again!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Hey BlueFireWolf. I believe you. Don't listen to all of these folks here, they are just afraid to admit. Keep trying to get it out there.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

One Moment.....

I apologise for not responding to your questions during today......all that was taking a fair bit of time & I was also needing to keep things running at work!

Please let me know if you have any specific questions that have not been answered.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mneisme
Hey BlueFireWolf. I believe you. Don't listen to all of these folks here, they are just afraid to admit. Keep trying to get it out there.

Mneisme.....

We have been trying hard to "get it out there".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

Hello all.

If I may try to help you One Moment on the "app" query as I see that cavscout11cav is explaining the EXIF data to you.

Basically an "app" is an application that you can put on your phone. You can get all kinds of great things like a dictionary, stock market reports, recipes, spirit levels - I won't go on - there's probably not much you can't get these days.

Maybe...maybe not downloaded a "Insert a UFO into your photos and fool alot of your friends!!" application that he ran some tests on to basically check the data of these photos in case ATS starts getting these kind of hoax photos (which we will).

Hope this helps.

- Hermit

Thank you so much too!

I think I thought I knew what an 'app' was (like an add-on program for your cellphone etc) but I wasn't sure how that applied to the camera part of the phone.

So what you're saying is, it is very easy to alter a photo from your phone and once you turn over the original print (is that the correct term?) you're pretty much, screwed and the jig is up if you tampered with it, right?

I don't know if I'd want to be in OPs shoes right now especially from what I am ascertaining from the data info so far.

Run OP run.........!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why the OP felt compelled to resize the pictures in photoshop.

Were the cell phone pictures THAT BIG? Gmail let's you send 25MB attachments and I'm sure other main stream email providers provide a similar size range. When in your wildest dreams does a clamshell phone take 25+MB pictures?

It's a simple question. Why were the cell phone pictures resized?

Also, I think the OP is "over acting" in terms of trying to come across as technically challenged. What young person these days talks to the effect: "this here thingy" and this "infernal contraption" and "all these gol' darn wires and stuff" and "weird file types"?

I'm not saying the OP used these exact phrases, but the "aww shucks, this is just too advanced for me and out of my league" attitude came across loud and clear. In 1998 this might have been convincing, but in the era of Facebook and with even my 9 year old son texting me pictures, it rings hollow.

But look at it this way: Without the "aww shucks I just can't understand this infernal contraption" attitude how long could the OP plausibly have withheld the raw data? (Which, at the time of this posting, still hasn't surfaced.)

What valid excuse would he have had? Nothing else would have really flown here...he has to play a "technology bumpkin" in order to keep this alive as long as possible. If he would have presented himself as a net-savvy MySpace/Youtube junky none of his delaying tactics would have worked.

It also struck me on how he couldn't be pinned down for simple, basic facts. I was driving here. Or here. This way...no maybe it was this way. It was on this day. No, maybe I was hiking that day and it was this day.

Lot's of things just don't add up or strike me as odd.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by BlueFireWolf
reply to post by greeneyedleo

No, I mean if you read the thing it talks about the website and mentions photoshop 3

Ah Ok! Good. Didnt feel like being arrested for pasta assault!!

Greeneyedleo.....

Now THAT is friggin' funny. Can't believe I am laughing and it's not even 7AM yet!

May I ask something pertaining to a possible 'app'?

If this was an App......can that particular app be traced? I mean, like a finger print? Well, no...maybe not a finger print, but is there an 'app-store' to browse certain apps to see where the OP might've shopped around and grabbed this? (sorry, I know what i mean to ask. Just not sure it's making sense. I blame it on Greeneyed cause I am still laughing at the 'pasta assault!")

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
BlueFireWolf asuming you're honest with us i've read manuals to your phone and according to Samsung, your model m510 should support USB mass storage device.

More here >>>
www.samsung.com...

Look at question # [084276] Sprint : How Do I Transfer MP3's To My SPH-m510? (this applies to all files, not only MP3's)

Click on "Using Mass Storage & USB Cable" and read the instructions.

You don't need to go into internet cafe, use Bluetooth transfer or use crappy Samsung software. You should be able browse phone files and folders natively in Windows Explorer, through My Computer > your phone

This way you can access unmodified, original pictures and simply drag and drop copy them to your desktop or anywhere else and then e-mail them.
Also before you do, please also make random photo of something else to see EXIF data also on that picture...

Some my print screens >>>

img413.imageshack.us...
img27.imageshack.us...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by 6205LH]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Svoboda

I don't know man. Sometimes I feel this dude is a rattled bird in his cage and may be very disturbed and.....innocent.

On the other hand, I can picture someone staging this whole entire event. From the meek and coy personality to.......(now that I understand it) using an App on his phone pretending, he knows nothing.

It can literally go both ways.

Can't really get a good feel on his personality at this point.

He really can be a 21 year old off beat, detached, depressed person who saw something 'strange' and is now even MORE, off-beat, detached and depressed or....................................

he's laughing his arse off at us!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 6205LH

6205LH.....

Thanks.....

That's good info.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
not sure what to think now. when you blow the pic up from the original post it does look like its been manipulated there are sharp lines on the object but these are not present on the ones posted to maybe maybenot.
is it possible he just ran his pic through photoshop to clean it up a bit?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by dashdespatch]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I knew this one reminded me of a picture I'd seen before. This is from Italy, June 1979 Venice.

1.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

It can literally go both ways.

Can't really get a good feel on his personality at this point.

He really can be a 21 year old off beat, detached, depressed person who saw something 'strange' and is now even MORE, off-beat, detached and depressed or....................................

he's laughing his arse off at us!

Right on. That is why we are all still here after 22 pages. If it had been more clear cut then it would have ended long ago.

I enjoy the patience of our experts here. It has been refreshing to not hear too many snide remarks, but mainly careful coaxing for the facts.
I do feel we are arriving at the end of the scene soon.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b0960077b56.png[/atsimg]

IMO...FAKE

Here is why I think such.

Phones do have apps that can place or overlay funny things and an image and can be presented as genuine once downloaded. However, when these apps overlay whatever it is onto the image...if there is any transparency to the overlay...the original pixels have to be recalculated through the overlayed image to preserve transparency...and this is where distinct edges or lines can been seen through the right filters.

Photoshop does a much better job of this of coarse, however, Phone app's do not. You can clearly see that the surronding edge or border would kinda "fit" so to speak but the redraw of the phone has "shifted the pixel alignment just enough to see that it has been recalculated.

Of course..then throw in all the other discrepancies ...
Just IMHO.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
OP wrote:

I used the computers' bluetooth to get them off the phone.

Then give us the originals, please stop stalling!

Thought this thread would be in hoaxes by now... :/

[edit on 26-5-2010 by markymint]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Ok, chill out guys.... I had to go to bed.

I'll get the photos this afternoon, but I have to go to work now.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If it were me, and I was so tech-challenged as to not be able to get a photo off my phone to mail, I'd even be willing to send the phone to an admin here. That is, if I had actually witnessed such an event.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It has now been 60 hours since this thread was originally opened. I can't imagine that it would take longer than 72hrs to get the original pictures to a mod/trusted member of such a possibly important photo.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueFireWolf

You know you keep putting this off.
If your photo is as real as you claim. It is worth at least 2 years pay.... and thats if you are making 6 figures. What will your excuse be after work today?? Dog ate my cellphone?? Call in sick and get to the library. They know how to get the pics sent. It will take them about 7 minutes.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Zeptepi]

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join