It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddly shaped UFO sighting

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
BTW. regarding original photos, if EXIF data can be manipulated there is noo need for those jpegs anyway...

Only thing what could be maybe interesting on those original pics, would be to have them in their original size. Asuming that Samsung M510 has 1.3Mpix camera with max. resolution 1280x960, you could analyze them for copy/paste or other manipulation traces.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by reticlevision

Do a better job? please. The got 20 pages of discussion over a photo that was obviously fake, i think it was pretty good.
It would be one thing if it was a good hoax but this was a very crude photoshop job and he managed to get 20 pages out of it, the troll was successfull.

Zaiger.....

I reckon it's better we work through these things thoroughly, just in case by some 1 million trillion chance such a photo is "real".

I try to keep an open mind with such things & work with the witness until the "bitter end".

That's not been easy with this one.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
to me it doesnt look like anything, it looks like it has a low resolution and possibly could be shopped. but that the thing, its always either too blurry or too perfect

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If I may retort...on this now labeled HOAX thread.

My first post was on 22 or 23 I think...right away I did an image filter and BAM...

So..he didn't get 20 pages out of me with that ...

Just saying....

and whoever said the smudge tool....my thoughts exactly..which lead me down the rabbit hole. Fortunately...it wasn't very deep.

One more time for old times sake....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74ebfb62b7b2.gif[/atsimg]

Brings a good smile to my face
Arrrrrrrrr

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Software_Pyrate]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Software_Pyrate]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Charlieslies88

The OP will not be returning.
He has been banned as all hoaxers should be.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Maybe...maybe not
I don't think that anyone could have done better, than you did
You did everything you could to give him a fair treatment,
and a chance to prove himself,
so in the end he has only himself to blame.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by peterfromdk

Maybe...maybe not

Peterfromdk.....

Thank you for your kind & positive words.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by peterfromdk

Maybe...maybe not

Peterfromdk.....

Thank you for your kind & positive words.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

Yes, as I was the wraith of God for him....
Never got any body banned before...kinda feels...good.

There should be more like you, and I could use a guy like you on this thread here

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This was a great thread,it shows just what some people will do for a bit of attention,and the complete lack of thought they are willing to put into it for that attention,why did they come up with this idea?is it because it isso bad they think they will fool people as it looks that crap,or isthis the best they can do

I adit i hate these ones they can ake youthink there is more to it because your brain says a hoaxer wouldn't make something sobad unless this is there intention

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I've seen a pic of something very close to this. This is a close up sharpened pic of it. It was taken in Utah ....Last fall I think.

Found the original pic in my photo album. It's not mine and I didn't take or see it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MadameGuillotine

MadameGuillotine.....

I was in the thread for that photo discussing it with the witness / photographer.

Now I can't find the thread again.....I was looking for it the other day.

Can you recall which thread that was from?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am glad this thread has been brought to a conclusion, but I wonder...

Was there any one thing in particular that caused this thread to be subjected to the HOAX board or was it the result of the collaboration of work spanning from the beginning to the end of the thread?

I guess I am asking is there a post where it is definitiviely shown to be a hoax and that post is the cause for the HOAX movement. I know there are several posts that could have caused it to be moved, as several of them prove it is fake.

Thanks all you guys for working so hard on this thing, even though it would have been easy to give up and call it a hoax - and give yourself a personal answer. Keeping a cool head and working diligently through to the end helps every member who travels these boards and is one of the main reason I am proud to be a part of ATS and refer this site to many of my friends.

Work like this allows me to refer this site to friends without thinking, 'Are they going to think I am crazy when they see some of the rubbish there?' I know they will not think that because of members like those of you who helped come to a conclusion on this - whether you thought it was a hoax or not.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Esteay812.....

For me, it was a combination of:

- The picture

- The EXIF data

- The op's lack of emotional involvement with the "event"

- The op's obfuscation

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

It was on a Skinwalker ranch board.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't get it why would he take a picture of a UFO then photoshop it so it looks fake?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by zaiger]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
I don't get it why would he take a picture of a UFO then photoshop it so it looks fake?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by zaiger]

Now thats much funnier than that post you made about trends...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
I am glad this thread has been brought to a conclusion, but I wonder...

Was there any one thing in particular that caused this thread to be subjected to the HOAX board or was it the result of the collaboration of work spanning from the beginning to the end of the thread?

I guess I am asking is there a post where it is definitiviely shown to be a hoax and that post is the cause for the HOAX movement. I know there are several posts that could have caused it to be moved, as several of them prove it is fake.

Thanks all you guys for working so hard on this thing, even though it would have been easy to give up and call it a hoax - and give yourself a personal answer. Keeping a cool head and working diligently through to the end helps every member who travels these boards and is one of the main reason I am proud to be a part of ATS and refer this site to many of my friends.

Work like this allows me to refer this site to friends without thinking, 'Are they going to think I am crazy when they see some of the rubbish there?' I know they will not think that because of members like those of you who helped come to a conclusion on this - whether you thought it was a hoax or not.

I think this thread was reduced to a Hoax due to OP inability to cooperate and inability to answer questions readily.
The photos themselves were still up for debate.

But we have to then wonder: Was that enough reason? What if he was traumatized? By his own admission he's depressed and despondent.

I hope we aren't adding to the problem of universal 'disclosure' (acceptance and discovery) by putting ourselves back....50 years, just because 'we think' we know better. (look at where that got Galileo after all)

[edit on 27-5-2010 by One Moment]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Not sure exactly which Distort or Warp filters were applied to whatever the object is, but the "fumes" behind the object were made with the "Smudge Tool" in PhotoShop.

Just saying.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueFireWolf

This is a hoax. I live in Calgary and on March 27th I can assure you there was no greenery like the picture to speak of. Only a couple of weeks ago did it start to get green here in Calgary. If you are going to make a hoax check your facts first.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sasky
reply to post by BlueFireWolf

This is a hoax. I live in Calgary and on March 27th I can assure you there was no greenery like the picture to speak of. Only a couple of weeks ago did it start to get green here in Calgary. If you are going to make a hoax check your facts first.

Please read the whole thread and which forum this is located in

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join