It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Rant: Why does it feel like EVERYTHING in life is rigged?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It's 4 am, and I'll add or edit more after I try to get some sleep.

I have certainly noticed this- who else? A couple examples:

You enter a contest that 'makes use of your skills' (ie: online captioning, art, poetry, name your own)- And you find yourself a) rejected because you forgot to cross the tiniest T or dot the smallest I. b) The person who wins, seems to have a LOT of 'wins' under their belt, and 'everyone' on the site knows them, except you and your friends who go the same site regularly.

You do some online gaming (I do it just to do something) Everyone and his mother has cheat codes, and proceeds to turn you into digital meatloaf. You finally get mad enough to yell at the ones doing it, and everyone ridicules/ laughs at you. Or you get kicked. Or, (insert brand of abuse heaped on your person). And in the case of one game I own... I cant FIND the cheat codes (because if I did, I would go on a one time rampage of epic proportions....). I also (minus the previous) DO NOT CHEAT. Why bother playing if it's so easy, you just press a button and everyone dies?

Same with jobs, opportunities, EVERYTHING. There's those of us, that no matter where we turn, what we do (and GOD FORBID we do something as sneaky as someone else- WE get punished and caught), we're *outclassed*. Whoever these people are, they skate by on a smirk and a middle finger... while there's a majority of us who simply are failures- and we put in so much effort to NOT be, smoke comes out of our ears. In some cases, these *expletives* not only skate by, they sometimes take what little we do have, and we're powerless to stop them!

What is going on?! I have all but given up 100% trying to even keep my head above water, since it keeps getting pushed back under and left there. I have noticed how much *worse* it's been the past few years... I dont know if it's because I have woke up and I see more, or it actually is worse.

This is more or less a spot to just sit and rant, since we're pretty much powerless to do much else...

[edit on 22-5-2010 by wylekat]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
"You Are A Slave Neo... Born Into Bondage"

The Material World Is All An Illusion.

A Facade, if you will.

Play with it. Have fun with it. Make the best of it.

It doesn't last "forever."

Enjoy!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Here I am with insomnia watching the last matrix movie.

Interesting.....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Yea it does seem that way doesn't it. I'm in the same boat with the insomnia thing so I to will expand more tomorrow.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

ROFL!

You created it my friend.

How's that "11:11" treating you lately???

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Oh the lessons we have to learn here on school house Earth. Welcome, sit back and enjoy the slapping of the face. The more slaps you get, the faster you will learn. Even though, it would be great to have a few nice days thrown into the mix so it doesn`t feel all bad. Yea, I know where your coming from.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I have noticed one thing that really puzzles me...

I live down a street where everyone has a garden at the front and back. Now to put this in perspective, I work and have 2 small children under 5, my partner works the weekends so as you can image my life is busy pretty much all the time.

So gardening tends to get on top of me, I have weeds that appear from no where and the grass always gets a little too long than it should before I get chance to cut it.

But I DO maintain the garden, it's on the responsibilities list that I hold in my mind and work at it when I get to it.

Now heres the thing...

All the other gardens in the street are pristine, grass is always perfectly cut, no weeds, the plants look perfect with no weeds around them. But it goes further than that... The front doors always look like they have had a fresh coat of lacker and the garrage doors are shiney black..

Yet...

I have only ever seen people 2 or 3 times in the last two and half years actually maintaining these gardens!! You would expect to hear a lawn mower every once in a while for the grass to be so short all the time wouldn't you?? again hardly ever, and certainly not in the last month when the grass would have taken off due to the approaching summer...

What is going on???

How can the garden be so much hard work yet no one maintaining these gardens and they always look pristine???

When I walk out of my house I often feel like i'm in the trueman show!

All the best,

Korg.

P.S. And I see 11:11 all over the place.. though I'm not sure why that is relevant?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

You are just having one of those moments. A pity me moment. We all have them.

Instead of focusing on the negative, you can always make a list of things you consider to be positive, or things you are thankful for.

Negativity, brings negative things to your life!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

WATER!

When plants are watered, regularly,
the less maintenance is required.

Although...
I agree... You Are In The Truman Show!

You may want to "LOOK UP" occasionally.

Knowledge Is Power!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I feel your pain! Not literally of course, that would just be weird, but I know the frustration you're going through as I also face it every day. The problem is that humans have latently engineered society in aid of the lowest common denominator.

As an example from your OP; why make an online game suitable only for the best players, say 20%, when you could make much more money letting everybody play? If they require cheat codes to even the odds then so be it.

It is the anti-elitist thought process. The fact that the cheat codes get used 'all' the time is just a reflection of the inherent laziness of humanity, the "Schweinehund" principle.

The thing is, this is a reflection of real-life. There is a proportion of people that try to do 'the right thing', they take responsibility, they try to do their best. There are up against those of society that use the 'cheat-codes' all the time, they undermine the system, they skew society towards the inane and banal, they want life and its rewards handed to them on a platter.

Schweinehund!

All we can do is keep trying our best and become the best of breed in what we want to do. If that means we get slapped down a few times, so be it, when push comes to shove the elitists will win the day.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGiantPeach

WATER!

When plants are watered, regularly,
the less maintenance is required.

I'm confused by this?? Surely water would make plants grow even faster no??

Although...
I agree... You Are In The Truman Show!

You may want to "LOOK UP" occasionally.

Exactly what do you mean by this? Care to elaborate??

All the best,

Korg.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The secret to gardening and weeds especially, is to get them as early as possible, also, prevention is better than cure...

You see one wisp of a weed growing... decimate it...

The same should go for society...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SugarCube
The secret to gardening and weeds especially, is to get them as early as possible, also, prevention is better than cure...

You see one wisp of a weed growing... decimate it...

The same should go for society...

I agree on both points...

But it appears there is no one doing either things? That explains why society is messed up but doesn't explain why the other gardens a perfect with seemingly little to no maintenance...

Korg.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Exactly. It's weird items like that- and people who do little to nothing, yet reap rewards of unexpected quantities, while those of us who do what we can... correctly, like we should- struggle and struggle. And get next to nothing.

To the other poster-

This isn't a 'self pity' moment- this is seeing this stuff, others seeing me go thru the stuff, and 2-3 friends of mine actually taking notes and wondering 'what the the heck', too.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

This isn't a 'self pity' moment- this is seeing this stuff, others seeing me go thru the stuff, and 2-3 friends of mine actually taking notes and wondering 'what the the heck', too.
I think it's the law of attraction. You fell as though you're always the one who gets the short end of the stick. You feel as though everyone is getting in before you get in. You feel as though everything is "rigged", but particularly rigged against you. You feel like everyone is working against you and plotting schemes so that you are never successful.

Therefore, you are always the one who gets the short end of the stick, the last one to get in, the victim of a scam, and constantly last or the "loser" in everything you do. Sounded to me like a whole lot of bad luck or you manifesting these realities.

[edit on 22/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

You fell as though you're always the one who gets the short end of the stick.

Sadly, no. I have people trying to give me a dose of reality because I start OFF with a can do attitude that makes them shake their heads and :shk:

Then, it all goes kaboom while I do what I am supposed to. The worst part? I *know* I could succeed at whatever. It's the harsh 'reality' of having it all list to the side and sink that kills me. With the video game- I ALWAYS go in with 'mebbe I can find an online one that is 'fair play' '- and sometimes, I do. Then, always, ALWAYS- and the weird part is always 30 min in, no more, no less- The cheaters show up. And then, everything goes downhill. I dont mean more talented players- I mean out and out cheat code using piles of (crap).

The same seems to go for a lot of areas in life. I'm just worn out from producing nothing but smoke from spinning my wheels- while ones without even an engine go flying by and flip me off. It's isn't a 'feeling', this is cold hard fact, and the timing of it 99% of the time just plain drives me *nuts*.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
The same seems to go for a lot of areas in life. I'm just worn out from producing nothing but smoke from spinning my wheels- while ones without even an engine go flying by and flip me off. It's isn't a 'feeling', this is cold hard fact, and the timing of it 99% of the time just plain drives me *nuts*.

The universe is very patient. Not only that but will continually try and lead you in the right direction over and over without ever giving up.

What the universe knows that you don't, is what you need to make you happy. We as humans don't listen very well anymore and think that we know best what we need to make us happy. The more that we take the "wrong" path to that happiness, the more that the universe keeps trying to show us the way. It is indeed hard to read the signs and the more we fight it, the more that the universe tries to steer us in the right direction, hence the feeling of everything going wrong, and the feeling that others get such an easy ride.

Many of these people are not truly happy, they just think that they are and have learned to ignore the universe's "steerings" much better than you. They are the losers in the game of life and one day will see that it has come crashing down on them in a big way.

You need to learn to read the signs as most of the time, they are right under your nose and if you would follow them instead of doing what you think is right, walk up a different road, instead of the one that you continually are trying to walk. It might seem strange at first and somewhat scary, but if you give it a chance, that road will lead you to a place that will make you happy and you just might find that indeed, you were wrong all along in what you thought would make you happy and content.

Don't think I am patronizing you here, we all go through the same thing, some just ignore it better than others, while some take a chance on life and find that they now live in a state that they never thought they could attain.

The first thing you must do is learn to trust that the universe does indeed know what is best for you, and to learn to listen to that feeling in your heart and just go with it. If you find that life sucks and you are totally unhappy, then you are walking the wrong path and you need to learn to listen and the right path will appear before you as it always does. Just take it, go for an adventure on it and see what happens. Stop walking a road that for you goes nowhere and take a path that is foreign to you.

I don't know if this is making any sense to you but I do have trouble expressing myself sometimes. The best way to describe it is to trust the universe. Don't think about the future, just close your eyes and run to it.

And stop thinking about those that you feel are getting a free ride. They are not and their future isn't as rosy as you might believe. The universe doesn't care about them when it comes to you, so why should you give a dam. When they laugh and give you the finger, just remember that the laughter is hollow and the happiness they experience is not true at all.

Now go find a rose and give it a whiff. Its what life is all about. Just watch for the thorns and walk in another direction if they prick you. The happiness is right under your nose, don't live your life ignoring what is right there in front of you. Stop wishing this or that would make me happy and just let it come, and it will.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hiya,

You know sometimes the glass is half full if you choose to see it that way.

Or, if you were an engineer, the glass is just too big

Some things are OK in your life - I always enjoy your posts on ATS / BTS and I'm sure I'm not the only one. There are plenty of people here to give you some support when you're down or have a laugh at those cynical little posts of yours. They brighten my day when I come across them. And the last post you made on one of my threads was really kind and thoughtful.

Perhaps you could figure out what you are doing right here and then just do it everywhere else.
Clue: You're being yourself and mixing with nice, like-minded people.

Oh, and everything TheGiantPeach said in his/her first post

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Just been having "what the hell did I miss/ what just happened" moments a lot lately. I go thru, color in the lines, dot the i s and cross the t s, And then, the lazy SOB runs off with the goodies, leaving me naked and :bnghd:, and completely dumbfounded.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I think you're my angel on this site. I do worry sometimes about coming across as a bit holier than thou when I try to give you a bit of encouragement, especially since I've let a few things get to me in my life.

You might remember me ranting on about an ex-housemate who went off owing me a lot of money? That rankled for a long while and the bitterness I felt coloured what should have been a happy time in my life.

Gradually, I let it go and comforted myself with the idea that I'm a very patient person and eventually I would find a way to resolve the matter. And that's what I was thinking about this morning after reading your reply to me.

I was out in the garden, hanging out the washing in the sunshine and occasionally kicking a toy for my dog to retrieve. And I thought, as I often do, that my ex-housemate must have a lot of difficulty living with what he's done to me, worrying about the time I will catch up to him and what I'll do. Plus, there are other people he's xxxx on and he probably worries about them finding him too.

And then, as I was thinking that as long as I could find happiness playing with my dog and enjoying my clear conscience as far as the ex-housemate was concerned, the revelation hit me.

If I'd done anything to retrieve what he owed me, such as selling on the debt and leaving it to some heavy to hunt him down, (which is what I want to do) then I'd spend the rest of my life worrying about what would happen to me because of it.

I'd never taken that step further in my thinking before, and it's entirely thanks to you that I did.

So, there you are. Somehow you've done it again. I'm a happier person for having read or contributed to one of your threads.

I hope this helps you. Whoever has done you down will have the burden of a guilty conscience or they will be worried about what you'll do to them. So who'd want to be them? And, if you can let the bitterness go, you'll sleep like a baby at night.

Plus, you won't always be there to let others steal your ideas or take advantage of your hard work, so eventually they'll be shown up for the shallow, talentless plagiarists they really are. Or whatever it is they did

top topics

<<   2 >>

join