It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In wake of financial crises, IMF seeks a new role with broader authority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

In wake of financial crises, IMF seeks a new role with broader authority

www.washingtonpost.com

The new authority being advocated by IMF staff would represent an important shift from the agency's traditional role of analyzing and aiding national economies to serving as a sort of global overseer, particularly when it comes to companies considered so connected around the world that their failure could undermine the economy. The events of the last two years -- in which problems in the U.S. housing market triggered the deepest economic contraction since the Great Depression -- have convinced
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.hindustantimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The New World Order & The Globalist Agenda

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The IMF wanting more power, in the end this will just not be good. Those of you who have followed the IMF, and World Bank, know that when they get involved it is because the want to control the debt, and then the resources of who ever they are loaning the money to. Now they want more power so when they start making there loans they will have a much better idea of what will and will not be happening. The globalist must be laughing it up right now.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

After failing to foresee the biggest financial crisis of its existence, the International Monetary Fund wants more power to probe individual companies to see if they pose the type of broad risks that crippled the world economy in 2008.

First sentence says it all. So they fail to foresee all the problems coming down the turnpike and THEN they want us to give them more power? They can't even do half a rat's a** job with the power they have now. If I could vote on something like this I'd vote NEIGH.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
SHOCKING!!!
Really?
Never let a good crisis go to waste - use it as an opportunity to seize more power and eliminate more freedom.

Apparently the central banks haven't got the memo yet - simply HAVING central banks is what has caused recession after recession. Their meddling in recessions have caused depressions. People are waking up quickly and I don't really think many are going to like the idea of fewer people having more control. Espeicially when people realize that thos ein control keep f*#king everything up!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
We will find out after the G-20 meeting in Toronto next month exactly how much power they will be getting.

It sounds like the foundations of a global reserve bank are being laid.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
People are waking up quickly and I don't really think many are going to like the idea of fewer people having more control. Espeicially when people realize that thos ein control keep f*#king everything up!

Thanks to everyone who is posting.

I think the above quote makes some of the best points. Being that if the people wake up enough and make it known that they don't want the banks to have this kind of power, then perhaps this can be brought to a halt. So write or call your representative and tell them what you think.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
We shall have a New World Order by Conquest or Consent....

Sometimes it feels like I look up and see a net being cast down upon us
and it makes me feel so powerless.

But then I remember it's a net...it's only a net. A pathetic little net. Nothing substantial and the Universe knows what is there is full of holes.
And so do we. That's why we're here. So we can remind everyone else.

top topics

join