It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cat went crazy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just last night I was reading in my bed when I noticed my cat sitting in the trophy shelf above me. She was acting anxious and scared so I told her to come down, she did. She leaped clear over the bed and as soonas she landed on the floor she bit her self in one of her thighs (it was a bite similiar to the kind when she grooms). Then she started running around in circles around my bed. Whenever she stopped she stared at a spot above my door and then went back to running. My closet was partially opened and she clawed at this and then went back at running, stopping, and then staring, and then back to running. I have read some Pyscic books about how to tell this stuff to leave, so I did and as soon as I was done speaking I felt a pain in my chest, I think it might have been growing pains but I dont know. The cat stopped acting wierd when I finished speaking.

I have NO idea what this was all about, has anyone else has had a similar expierience?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
(This is Mynaeris's husband)

Yes I have had a similar experience. When I was a teenager, I bought a Ouija board for my sister's birthday, thinking it would be fun to mess around with it. We sat down with the board, waiting, and nothing happened for a long time. My sister wanted to give up, but I thought, perhaps nothing is happening because we haven't called any spirits, which is what we both proceeded to do.

About a minute into it, I was very annoyed to hear our cat meowing behind my back; she was interfering with my concentration on calling the spirits. But it kept getting louder and grew to a fever pitch, at which point I decided she must have got hurt and got up to rescue her; the only time I heard her scream like that was when she got trapped under a fallen shelf.

What I saw instead was the cat, backed up against the back wall inside the closet, fur standing straight up, eyes wide, staring dead at the center of the room where we had been sitting, and shrieking in horror. Both of us went pale, and without a word threw the Ouija board down the garbage chute.

They should not be selling these things at Toys'R'Us. Toys they are not.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Mynaeris]

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Actually maybe her behavior was not that weird, this time of the year cats go into frenzy because other cats are looking for mates, even if your cat is fix they still get the call.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Cats tend to 'see' and sense more than us. I think it's an instinct.
My cat, Freddie watches T.V. 1 inch from the screen especially tennis!?
My dog, Raz (a ridgeback) wont even mess with him

I can't remember who said this,
'Dogs have Masters,
Cats have Servants'.

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
well I have had her for 7 years and she hasnt ever done anything like that before...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
wow freaky behaviour... maybe you should check the history of the house or something to that effect

...or mayb get your cat a mate

anyways hope your cats is alright though....

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Lone Spartan
well I have had her for 7 years and she hasnt ever done anything like that before...

Hi, A Lone Spartan, I can't explain that, but i found this interesting.
"The cat-human relationship dates back to ancient times."
www.richeast.org...

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
interesting but that doesnt explain it

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

interesting but that doesnt explain it

OK. So can you elaborate?? Have you taken your cat to
the vet for a blood test. How is your cats behaviour outside,
daytime / night-time etc.
Sanc'.

Btw, did you read the link and sub-links in 16mins?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well I didnt read all of the sub links right away, and I am a very fast reader.
as for outside, she gets out when she can. and night time daytime doesnt ever affect her. She is also a very quiet cat, she only meows when I come home from like a trip or something.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by A Lone Spartan]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

She is also a very quiet cat, she only talks when I come home from like a trip or something.

Do you know what she says?

Maybe someone nearby died & their spirit is lurking around or maybe she has the 7 year itch similar to the way humans do.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hey Lone - If you are infact a teenager - I have read that because teens have very high energy and are typically much more open that us jaded adults that it is not uncommon for them to attract spirits or poltergeists. I have also read that teens can unwhittingly project their excess energy and create the effects of a poltergeist (i.e. moving objects telpathically). Could be that you did indeed attract something or project your energy. Animals are typically much more perceptive than humans - maybe she picked up on it whichever it was. By the way - what were you reading?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes I am a teen and I was reading A Seperate Peace by John Knowles.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with that book. What is it about? Could it be something that was making you more open to visitations or something that might freak you out a little and intensify the energy you have within?

Also, did you feel anything in the room? I mean, were you merely concerned about your cat or did you "sense something"?

I find this very interesting indeed. Could be just that your cat has fleas or was chasing a bug (fly, moth, etc) - or could be something spiritual. If it is the latter then it would be interesting to determine if it came from within you or without. And if without, what was its origin?

I realize I'm asking more questions than providing a view point or help but I think you, yourself will know the answer once you really step back, examine the incident and learn to trust your intuition.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
well the book is about two kids at a high school in new hampshire (Nothing to do with anything spiritual there) and I was looking at my cat a lot cause I dont like it when she gets on my shelf cause she knocks a lot of stuff down.

I didnt really sense anything (I was kinda tired).

What do you mean it could have come from within me?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Perhaps there was something that the cat saw, and you didnt. Cats see paranormal things, humans dont.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Lone - don't worry, I'm not suggesting that some entity is residing in you other than yourself. But, if it wasn't a bug or something your cat was chasing and you saw and felt nothing (not presence) it is possible that you were in such a relaxed state that you subconciously projected your own energy force and your cat was able to see it. This is something that people actually try to do through meditation and rarely are able to achieve. Check out info on opening the "Third Eye". Maybe you have abilities you are unaware of or maybe it is because you are young and have such a strong energy force that it flows more freely. As I said before, with hormones flowing and energy high it is not uncommon for paranoraml activity to gravitate to or emenate from teens. And if you have had your cat for a long time then she/he is probably very attuned to you. This may have freaked her out a bit.

It may have been a moth, it may have been a visitor or it may very well have been your own energy force.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well, it wasnt a bug I know that cause I checked. I think I would have realized if I had achieved astral projection though....

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yes, I think you would have also. But I wasn't suggesting that. In astral projection the conscious mind leaves the physical body and moves into the astral body. I was merely suggesting it may have been an "energy projection". Imagine it sort of like releasing an energy ball. It isn't your consciousness that is projected - just an energy force.

But, what do you think it was? Do you think it was some sort of spiritual visitor?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Did you check for bugs or something like that? If there hasn't been a death recently or any other strange happenings in your house, I would say that it was just a fly or something. If you didn't see anything it could have been one of those damned fruit flys. Those things are so annoying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join