It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Everything in that marsh is DEAD tonight!" --Obama's Katrina.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+104 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You have to listen to this!!!

Tell me if this doesn't sound like Obama's Katrina?

I'm stunned by the number of issues raised by this guy's plea!

This is CONSPIRACY unfolding in real-time.

Nearly all of it is riveting, but 4:20 and beyond leaves me without words.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by loam]

+57 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Starred and Flagged.

This is CONSPIRACY unfolding in real-time.

There are only two possibilities, and they are not mutually exclusive:

1.) Obama is allowing this to happen, as a prelude to pushing through his "Cap and Trade" legislation.

2.) Obama is the dumbest president that we have ever "elected".

I chose both 1 and 2.

This entire spill is a disgrace. As soon as it happened, Obama should have sent in the US Army of Engineers. There is no way he should have allowed BP to continue to play with the entire welfare of the US Coastal Areas, the fisherman, and all who live near the coast.

He had plenty of time to "entertain" the criminal leader of Mexico, with a White House Gala, then allowed that crook to criticize Arizona's legally passed law, but he has no time to step in and cap this leak.
BP does NOT WANT to cap the leak, because they still believe that they can recoup losses, by salvaging some of the oil, with this LUDICROUS "garden hose placed into a giant leak.

This is grounds for IMPEACHMENT, since his inaction has threatened the entire coastal future of this country.
I say it is time to IMPEACH OBAMA.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by ProfEmeritus]

+19 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I predict that over the next week, the situation politically will become very extreme.

It's now obvious that the local media will drive this story nationally, just as it unfolded with Katrina. Remember the next day? National media reported NOLA missed the bullet and that all was fine. Then three or so days later, all hell broke lose, as the local media drove the story up.

That will be the case here.

This is just a train wreck at much slower speed. I'm now fairly convinced this disaster will be far more profound than Katrina.

Mark my words.

:shk:

+14 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't understand why Obama's not doing more about it. It sure does seem more and more like his Katrina. He's talking but I don't see any action. This just makes me sick!

There are many more possibilities, Emeritus. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you have all the information or you know what's going on behind that curtain, because none of us does. I could almost understand your #1, but Obama is not dumb. And he didn't spill that oil into the gulf. No matter how much you may hate him, you should try to stay a tiny bit objective, IMO.

Originally posted by loam
I predict that over the next week, the situation politically will become very extreme.

It had better.

[edit on 5/21/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

+23 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Obama declared this as a National Security issue, therefore, his continued inaction COULD be grounds for impeachment.......Look up the major institutional investors in BP...you will find JP Morgan, Goldman, etc.....the connection becomes dark and devious....

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The Army Corp of Engineers should have been sent to the gulf immediately, the more to help maintain this disaster the better chance of stopping it. I have read on other topics that it may be Nuked - who would approve of that and how could that help - aren't we speaking of radiation contamination here? Not a scientist, just a concerned citizen - anyone out there that can answer this question for me?

I too am leaning toward Impeachment of Obama but my concern - would we get anyone else to do a better job when there is so much to be taken care of right now.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Obama should have sent in the US Army of Engineers.

Do they have this kind of expertise?

IMO, if Obama wanted Cap and trade, he would have already had it. I believe his own party is holding him back.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by jam321]

+4 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think you can be intelligent and incompetent.

I'm convinced, as was likely the case with Bush, that Obama and his administration are completely unprepared for this disaster. They likely bet early on that BP would resolve it. That hasn't happened.

Now we as a nation will pay the price.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think he is doing a social experiment myself. He has continually given people enough reason people to stop believing in the hope and change and realize that he is Bush 3rd, yet they still believe. I think he is just testing these people.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
In my day, it took Presidential authority to deploy a nuclear weapon, even a small (backpack) weapon. I can't confirm that this is still the case under the NCA (national command authority). The complicit cooperation with BP is similar to the complicit cajoling of Iran that is about to fail. There is NO excuse for this failure of our governmental structure.......

projected oil path

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have to agree, impeachment is the proper way to eliminate this do-nothing-B@$t@&d! Why aren't the people of, not just the Gulf Coast, but the nation upset with his non-action. What is he doing? Criticizing FAUXNews? He sits down and eats his dainty dinners, while Heads-of State wait in the foyer?
Some ecologists predict, that when the oil hits the Gulf Stream elevator, it will spread to the ARCTIC CIRCLE!
We need to get someone else to get this job done, it's already a catastrophe.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't understand why Obama's not doing more about it. It sure does seem more and more like his Katrina. He's talking but I don't see any action. This just makes me sick! There are many more possibilities, Emeritus. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you have all the information or you know what's going on behind that curtain, because none of us does. I could almost understand your #1, but Obama is not dumb.

Good evening, BH. One definition of dumb that I like is:

Definitions of dumb on the Web: * dense: slow to learn or understand

www.google.com...:dumb&ei=-Eb3S7b3OYWKlwfo8uXVCg&sa=X&oi=glossary_def inition&ct=title&ved=0CBIQkAE

It has been over one month now. I think that qualifies as slow to learn or understand. It also answers your question as to why you can't understand why he has not done anything substantial.
Since MOST people DO understand the seriousness of this spill, I believe the shoe fits. Furthermore, since he has chosen to surround himself with ideologues, they can do nothing to help solve the problem. So far, all they have done is hold hearing, with the three involved parties pointing the finger at each other. Let's get some independent experts in there, and FIX the problem- then worry about who was at fault.

Politicians use REACTIVE management techniques, assigning blame, but offering no fix. Both parties do it. What we need is PRO-ACTIVE management at this point.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Do they have this kind of expertise?

They certainly have the dredging capabilities to begin to protect the coastline.

+14 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm going to take a risk here and post another video that addresses in a very *frank* manner the window dressing and theater produced by BP and our government.

***WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC LANGUAGE***

Don't click on this video if you find EXTENSIVE profanity offensive....

Fair warning.

It's easy to simply focus on the 'approach' of this video... But I found its revelations just as compelling.

Feel manipulated yet?

Feel stunned?

I do.

It's all bad theater.

EDIT:

The 'clean' version in a nutshell is that the booming efforts have all been done wrong and that neither BP or the government have brought in the right resources to do it properly. They appear to know this. They also appear to not care, because the real purpose of the current booming efforts in the gulf is for the photos.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I have read on other topics that it may be Nuked - who would approve of that and how could that help - aren't we speaking of radiation contamination here? Not a scientist, just a concerned citizen - anyone out there that can answer this question for me?

The amount of radiation produced by an underwater nuclear blast is dependent upon the depth of the explosion. The deeper the explosion, the less radioactive water spray that results.

The other problem is that the US is trying to convince other countries that they don't need nuclear weapons. If the US were to use one on this spill, it would damage the argument. I seriously doubt that Obama would approve it for this reason.

+8 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I do not understand this at all.
I apologize for using the phrase, back in the day, but....
back in the day that piece of pipe that's protruding from the sea bed would have had a plate welded to the outside diameter and another pipe of a larger diameter with a valve then welded to that plate, once the weld was completed the valve would be closed.
Why? Because men with these skills would be allowed to do it.
Why it's NOT being done?, I do not fully know the sick motivation behind this, but it is absent of all logic.
Someone, actually many, full grown adults in seats of power, need a real serious public asswhipping.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The only excuse I can come up with to explain the fact that people are still just sitting by after seeing this plus failure after failure after failure, of the federal government to in any way even pretend like they give a crud about the American people or our land, is because the fed uses as much of their resources as possible to keep people divided, lazy, and confused! Because it's been the same old song and dance from the government for way too long. How much will it take until folks finally have had enough? How long until people realize they couldn't care less about us? The inly thing they care about is themselves and their corpratist bankster masters. This will just be used as an excuse to take away more of our freedoms. Mark my words folks.

+3 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Impeaching the President is not going to stop the oil, nor mitigate the already present damage. Like it or not, the American people need the President right now, and need him to step up to the plate RIGHT NOW and get this [expletive] mess controlled, and then stopped, and then mitigated and THEN, IF all those conditions are met, then we can see the real cost. If he and his resources don't get on it now, the cost is not going to be measurable, because it's only dollars that we can count.

It's not just the U.S. that this will effect, IMO. I believe that is already a given.

There will be plenty of time to castigate Obama later. I am unable to affect the situation. We on ATS cannot fix it. It's going to take mass mobilization and I don't give a damn at this point what country or group or government or resource comes to the aid. BP doesn't seem to be gettin' on it. They can pay and will pay. We can assess blame and costs and reparations and grants and studies when there is some semblance of control.

Right now the President has to do his job, and I don't mean merely a helicopter flyover. This is a disgrace and an international shame.

[edit on 21/5/10 by argentus]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
I do not understand this at all back in the day that piece of pipe that's protruding from the sea bed would have had a plate welded to the outside diameter and another pipe of a larger diameter with a valve then welded to that plate, once the weld was completed the valve would be closed.
Why? Because men with these skills would be allowed to do it.
Why it's NOT being done?

HappilyEverAfter.....

Is it because that wouldn't work at a depth of 5,000 feet?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

WOW Loam..what can i say..

that video was truly intense..

wow..speechless here..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join