It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McClintock tells Calderon to mind his own business MUST SEE VIDEO

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by Vitchilo

Where are the representatives from Arizona in this? Are the to cowardly to defend the law their own people voted for? Their silence proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the representatives of Arizona do not support the interests of the Arizonan people.

You're kidding right . . . Have you looked at the other threads on this issue or just this one? Are you simply looking at location in the sidebar . . . Where most people put some psuedo-quip? Arizonans, like myself, have posted plenty of support here on ATS. There is no dissention among Arizonans on this issue, unless they have illegal family members or fall for the media/special interest racist bait and ACT outraged.

Days go by here uneventful since the passing of SB1070. All of the protest was leading up to and the week after the signing. Since then, all the noise has been external, as Arizonans stand united on this and aren't backing down. Hell . . . even areas overrun with illegals have become less populated. This bill hasn't even been set in motion, to date, but still there is no fight locally. It is all coming from Mexico, DC, and Cali . . . they're free to stay out of the state of Arizona, if they so desire.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It is high time the States did something to stop the continual assault against the lack of enforcement concerning illegal immigrants.

Standing behind words such as "racism" isn't going to win this argument.

Illegal aliens are not allowed. The fact that it has not been heavily enforced until now means nothing.

I am all for immigrants coming to American. Legally.

Anything other that Legally is illegal.

Thank god for politicians who aren't afraid to speak out and support this issue. Its about time.

America has rules. Its time that they get enforced.

forums.somd.com...

1, 2 and 8 are my favorites.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobG21

Originally posted by Vitchilo

it was fine until his racism citing the english language as americas 'only' language.

What? Sorry but America's official language IS ENGLISH.

Saying otherwise is weird... or did you understand english is the official language of THE americas? (meaning north, central and south america?)

All people in America can speak a second, third and fourth language, but they must speak and understand english first...

oh so the only language we are supposed to speak here is english? when did english become our official language?

calling americas "only" language english is blatant racism, hmm I wonder who he's speaking against.

1776 dumbass. English is our offical language. dont like it, then by all means leave to a country more inline with your fringe thinking. Mabye frace will take you, that is a nation of weak fools, you will fit in just fine.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I can't wait until November. I've never seen a political party like the democrat party self destruct the way it is today. There is a tsunami in the making, a tidal force of unheard of proportions that will no doubt vomit the present majority in the Congress and Senate out of office.

Hey Calderon... Mind your own business.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

calling americas "only" language english is blatant racism, hmm I wonder who he's speaking against.

What race are you? (i don't want you to answer). unless you are another race, you are in a poor position to determine racism.

It just so happens that my entire HISPANIC family disagrees with you. They believe that English is the language of the land, and if you can't speak it you need to learn it ASAP.

I won't even get into my employees, who threatened to quit once because i hired someone with poor English (my employees are all hispanic, except 3).

If you are calling it racism, know that you will find it hard finding any hispanics who will agree with you.

The term "racism" is often used by idiots and narrow minded fods who have nothing left but to throw that term out. Which are you?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am a Native American. My ancestors were made to learn and use English,
if all Native Americans had to do it, then why cannot everyone else? First and
foremost I am Proud to be an American First, Cherokee Second. Thank You for listening to My two cents!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Like another poster stated, too many people on this site take things personal, The immigration issue is all about respect for the country you live in, "do you speak the main language of that country or not". I remember a story that my parents told me about their move to another country, "France", my parents moved there because my Dad could do a job that no Frenchman was qualified for, he sold encyclopedias. within two weeks of being in that country they were both enrolled in a class to "Learn the French Language". (My Dad knew how to speak French, Spanish, some German and a little Italian). Even though I was born there...I would still have to earn my citizenship, I would not get a FREE RIDE. This counrty has opened it's doors to FREEdom for too long. people that come here from ANY part of the world should have to earn the right to stay here. We cannot continue to let anybody in this country without requiring them to follow the process and earn the right to stay here. additionally, Our Government should make the citizenship process easier, it's better than paying for these people through wellfare and other programs that Tax Paying Citizens foot the bill for. If anybody is thinking that I am just speaking out because I'm a racist and don't like people from other parts of the world, you would be WRONG, I moved to LA in 1967 and spent 20 years in this area, I had friends from many diifferent races, Chinese, Jewish, Mexican, Hawaiian and so on, (All here Legally). Be Good Humans / Be Smart

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sadwolf

" it's in their best interest to know English, but to demand they speak it to a level that pleases you? ridiculous in a free country. " close quote

Never made the statement they needed to speck English well enough to please me in their own county.
In the countries I traveled to and worked in, I learned the basics and spoke their language, when not working, I often hired an interpreter, when working, well, that was a different story, not much to talk about there.

In America, I and many other Americans would like very much to hear them at least Attempt to speck our language, But they don't and the reason is,,, YES,,, We cater to them and we don't stop. It just goes on and on.
Come here and visit from any country and we'll over look your language problems, But, come here to work, live and be part of our community, Learn English.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
That was a very moving and powerful speach, BUT.....I didn't hear any applause from the members of Congress after he was done......I for one would have given him a standing O....what's wrong with this picture?????

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
English is the official language. Simple period.

If someone needs a license to drive, they need to be able to read and comprehend the traffic signs.

If someone goes to a hospital they need to be able to tell the doctors what they want in english. Sure the hospitals have translators, but if its an emergency it can cost valuable time, and hospital resources. I am in the health field, if someone cant speak english, Ill have to find someone that can either speak english or translator. I refuse to learn spanish, it is not my responsibility as a health professional, if you want proper medical care, learn the language of my country.

I lived in Miami for a year and people would be offended if I did not know English. Their response would be "you are in Miami" My response to them would be, you are in America, you need to learn English.

All high school books are written in English. The Constitution of United States was written in English. The declaration of independence was written in English. The oath one takes to pledge Allegiance to the US is in English.

English is the official language and will remain the official language of the US.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

>snip<

THERE IS NO OFFICIAL LANGUAGE!

Really? Try flying a plane here.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I applaud McClintock for standing up and confronting both the POTUS, and the Congress for their borderline act of treason.

It's ironic that in the same week that this happened, the only issue that seems to get any air time are the constant, and unfair attacks against Rand Paul. Disgusting.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

oh so the only language we are supposed to speak here is english? when did english become our official language?

Look, if you don't get the Constitution of the United States was written in English and therefore becomes an English speaking country then you have some reasoning skills to develop.

We have room for ALL Languages, but only ONE can be the OFFICIAL.

Astounding this isn't crystal clear.

At the Olympics, which version do they play for the gold medal? the Mexican remix or the Jamaican jump?

Nope.. they use "engrish"

b

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Bspiracy]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

350,000 views so far

Go McClintock

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I voted for Tom and have met with him before, he's a pretty good guy. He was big on the first governor recall in cali, dumping Davis...but as we all know Arnold won and look where that got us

Unfortunately I am now living in liberal land south of san francisco

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Good for McClintock and my sentiments exactly. He puts it so eloquently. Assimilate!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join