It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul: Obama's criticism of BP 'un-American'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

Rand Paul in the course of one week has destroyed his credibility and half of his fathers. You get the sense he isn't thinking before opening his mouth.

I agree.

This stuff is so scary the it almost seems as if its deliberate.

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't really think he is defending them. He is a believer in a Liassez-faire economic model which means no intervention from the government. All he was saying is that government should not be involved in the situation at all. They should be able to self regulate and if anything happens then they will suffer as long as we don't have a govenrment that is making threats while on camera, then behind closed doors making deals with the same company. He's just saying government is corrupt hypocrites.

[edit on 5/21/10 by Misoir]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

He could be wrong, but what he is saying in this article is pretty much spot on.

The WH is strong arming BP by puffing out their chest on television and telling everyone that they will make BP pay for damages.

BP never said they wouldn't. The WH is just trying to come off as tough guys. In reality the WH is they guy who picks a fight knowing that as soon as someone gives a shove 8 people are going to hold them back.

How is that you guys cant wrap your heads around that? I understand BH not being able to, but I would think the rest of you would be able to.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Are people really surprised?

This is the sociopathic nature of libertarianism. It's good to see it crumble when exposed to the light.

Will one of these Galtian supermen just build these friggin' seastead things and they can do us 'jackbooted statist fascists' (read: 'modernists') all a favour and flock to their kafkaesque 'utopia'.

Will be well lulzworthy.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by melatonin]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Rand Paul doesn't know what he's talking about. Just because you believe in a laissez-faire economic system, doesn't mean you should screw up your own coastlines to protect the corporation!!!

He is right in criticizing the government for their aggresive ballyhoo showboating to look good for the American public, but not to have zero say in it.

BP needs to pay for every cent of damage caused to our coasts whether or not it causes them to bankrupt. It was their fault in the first place that this happened, they need to swallow the responsibility for it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
all i have to say is follow the money. rand paul's loyalty is to the ones that pay him. so is obama's. i think obama should take over bp. all assets world wide we need a price reduction in gas.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by gaurdian2012]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The tears I am crying for BP

what did they do to deserve this... frack people, this isn't Russia

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If im being honest i have never liked Rand. Not just because of this, but since he showed up on the political scene i haven't even considered putting him in the league that Ron is in, i don't even like listening to the guy....

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointtech86

BP needs to pay for every cent of damage caused to our coasts whether or not it causes them to bankrupt. It was their fault in the first place that this happened, they need to swallow the responsibility for it.

They will pay. Why wouldnt they? There will be law suits out the wazoo. That reality has nothing to do with the fed or Obama's little chest-thumping rhetoric.

In the complete absence of the fed they would still be sued by the states who have to clean up and the people who will become sick and lose business.

What is the fed doing to get this thing cleaned up and the victims taken care of that no state or group of individuals can do?

After the Valdez the gov went so far as to make it law that it was not their responsibility. Everyone seems to be under the impression the fed is doing something and even the POTUS apparently thinks his goons are hard at work on something. What is it?

The national guard?
The coast guard?

Like they wouldnt exist in their own states respectively as they are currently stationed or no other state anywhere around would offer to send assistance then recoup the expense through suing BP?

All the fed can do is get in the way like they did during the Katrina fiasco and claim some of that lawsuit money for themselves keeping it away from the states and businesses and victims who really need it. Maybe the fed will do something wonderful and hand the victims all a debit card with what they decided was their share of the settlement on it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
In the course of around a year and a half you have went from a Republican to a Libetarian and now you might as well admit to being a Democrat. You go from posting 50 GB clips on ATS a day to hating everything he says.

I have never seen someone jump sides as much as you.

Hey, some people learn. You can't bash David for doing the amount of research he's done and being man enough to admit that he made a mistake. "Jumping sides" based on sound research is a HELL of a lot better than sticking to your side, no matter what happens and being in denial about the truth.

David's no more Democrat than I am (though plenty of people try to put me in that box, too).

Give up the labels and read what he says. He makes a lot of sense.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I didn't want to believe Rand Paul was actually a brain-dead teapartier.

Regretfully i was wrong.

Psychobabble barely distinguishable from Palin's.

Like pitbulls they are trying to rip everyone & everything apart, without a single synapse firing in their brains.

The American people are America.

Supporting BP in ALL its reckless irresponsibility is un-American.

Rand Paul is as un-American as Palin.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

Ok, Miracle Man. I have made NO SECRET of what I have posted in the past. I don't align myself with any "ideology" anymore....because they are ALL flawed in one regard or another.

Over the course of the last year and half, I've come to one conclusion. I will defend what I feel is the best interest for my country and the majority of it....whether it be defending our borders, fighting against corporate monopolies, fighting against government corruption, and most of all...fighting for the middle class and the poor. I will defend, to the end, small businesses and the AMERICAN WORKER.

I do not defend international entities...I criticize BOTH parties.

Yes, my opinions in the past have changed...only because of what I have learned. I URGE EVERYONE to look at my old threads. I'm not shy about it. LOOK. Do it.

Read it...read them all.

I've been accused of every political affiliation, I've been called a racist and everything else in between.

So have at it, and call me whatever you want.

I DON'T CARE.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Aww that was a beautifully patriotic little post.

Hopefully tomorrow you haven't changed your mind. Odds are you will.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The POTUS is the face of the United States. Who's going to pay attention to a bunch of governors getting together to sue BP? If the Federal government doesn't say anything, it will look like they're doing nothing.

We don't know if BP will pay for it. Why wouldn't they try to find every loop hole in the system to get off? The fact is that this affects multiple states and I think the Federal government would be within it's right to sue on behalf of all these states affected by this oil spill. Besides, do these states have enough money right now to take on this case?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
BP ducked any real payment for the Alaska pipeline spill,

when there was evidence British HQ knew about neglect & corrosion of pipes.

BP ducked any serious payment when their refinery blew up due to poor maintenance.

Now they decided to shortcut the extraction process by having the drillers start it up.
Recklessly cutting corners yet again at everyone's expense but their own.

If we had any real patriots in America the SOB CEO of BP would already have been tried & hanged

& BP would NEVER be allowed to do ANY kind of business in these United States.

Rand Paul is just another GOP traitor for corporate whore money.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by slank]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

Aww that was a beautifully patriotic little post. Hopefully tomorrow you haven't changed your mind. Odds are you will.

Why don't you make a thread about it? Maybe I'll change an opinion or two about myself due to your endless wisdom.

But first...let's hear your version of the perfect world. Make a thread about that.

Obviously you've got it all down. Let's see it.

Let's see your words held in account, through thick and thin, so we can all make sure you stay stern in your opinion.

After all, what you're posting doesn't really have anything to do with me, but everything to do with you.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
Remember I know you.

Jesus, you creep me out. Is that some kind of threat?

----------------------------------------------------

Rand Paul is Wrong About BP and Just About Everything Else - Editorial

Someone is pretty angry with Mr. Paul. She makes a lot of sense.

Dr. Rand Paul may have his doctorate in optometry, but that does not mean that he is qualified to speak about anything else. The other thing is, that his handlers and the Republican Party must be going absolutely bananas right now trying to get him to shut up. The GOP cannot afford to be seen siding with the likes of BP right now. They cannot side with the megacorps who have been running this nation into the ground faster than a train hurtling at the ground at full speed.
Dr. Paul, BP knew that what it was doing was wrong. They knew that what they were doing could kill people. They did not care. This was no accident. This was negligent homicide. Eleven people died because BP’s executives were more worried about getting a few extra dollars than they were about the lives of people. They did not care that they were not going to be able to handle a disaster of any proportions. They did not care how many people would be hurt by the destruction of the sea that they depend upon for their livelihoods.

And you want to give them free reign. You want to give them the right to destroy what ever they want in the name of money because it suits your unthinking, unfeeling, twisted philosophy as to what this nation should be. You want to give them the right to slaughter people in the name of money because money is God to men like you.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The GOP has exactly one policy, veiled or 'rationalized' rape.

Unfettered Capitalism is exploitation = rape of people & public property

Rape of all the civil liberties our founding fathers put there for a reason,
& the reason was REAL experience.

Invasion of non-threat countries for imaginary, lied reasons = nation rape.

GOP = closet & not-so-closet rapists.

Just look at the facts.
Do the math.

That is simply how it unambiguously adds up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join