It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Begins Massive Military Build Up Around Iran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
hello snarf,

I was boots on ground these are the same people that killed pat tillman lol.. but what I'm saying is the the united states builds things just like every one else. does shadow know were all these military's are based out of? there isn't to many bases that are owned by other countrys out there its mostly us base's any ways the point is I think that shadow is a spin master who is blowing smoke and trying to paint the us as a bad guy. is iraq over oil hell no or I wouldn't be paying 3 bucks a gallon. I know that there is no other military over there trying to kill us because If their were we would have kicked the # out of them. and canada? there like 10 or 11 on a list of the world best military's I don't think there a push over and I think it an attacking military would kick the crap out of them. but if the war of 1812 would be a do over 2010 it would take about as much time as it took us to take out iraq and it would be over.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by knowonder

If Iran is more comfortable reaching a deal with countries other than the USA then under international law they can do so. They have not broken any laws, countries refuse deals and sign new ones similar with other countries all the time. Why should Iran be put under scrutiny for such a basic every day transaction and agreement?

When you have a child that can't play nicely with others, parents and teachers often impose special conditions on that child. Iran has shown that it cannot "play nicely" under international law, therefore it needs special conditions imposed.

Iran has continued to pursue an atomic bomb, in violation of the nuclear non proliferation treaty, which would be an example of them breaking international law.

Iran has also repeatedly threatened its regional neighbors (President threatened to "wipe israel off the map"), also a major violation of international law.

It has also supressed religious groups, political opposition, and freedom of the press inside its borders, also a major violation of international law.

There are many other examples - would you like me to go on?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Came across a interesting video.

Snippet :
IDF's handling exercise: How you move entire divisions under fire?

Updated 22:31 08/10/2010
Or Heller
With or without contact fire incident last week in Lebanon, the IDF a huge exercise in hundreds of armored transport northern border in the event of war. Practiced scenarios including rockets hit the main roads of solidarity demonstrations by Israeli Arabs

Video Link :news.nana10.co.il...

Title of Article where I found this link : Major IDF Manuevers In Northern Israel Threaten Lebanon, Syria, Iran

Snippet : Israel has decided to rattle sabers after losing one of its senior officers in the tree-trimming incident on the Lebanese border. In a story that was removed from the IDF website, it published an article about the maneuvers, reporting that the army is engaged in a major exercise all the way from the central Beit Shean region to the far north, with troops and armor rolling down Highway 71.

Haaretz is also reporting a related escalation by Israel regarding armored vehicles sent to Shebaa Farms, one of the most highly disputed pieces of territory outside Jerusalem. The Lebanese army was placed on high alert as a result.

Article Link : www.eurasiareview.com...

[edit on 11-8-2010 by ShadowRamesses]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

No offense, but these same tired arguments get repeated till I feel sick.
In the real world international law is a justification for imperialism. It gives powerful states the ability to clothe conquest as the moral high ground. This is about empire. People should be past holding the American people's hand pretending they live in a world of picket fences and football. Some try so hard not to tell them they have a fictional view of reality, and people die for that ignorance.

Iran has no nukes. If they got 10 or 100 Isreal would still be able to dominate. The idea is a threat to anyone is propaganda. BE AFRAID!! TERROR TERROR!! 9-11!!!
Why would you doubt Western govs?
Iraq wmds, Gulf of Tonkin, 911, 777, and countless others.
They lie. It is what the political structure does.

He did not threaten to wipe Isreal off the map. The media spun an awkward translation.
www.guardian.co.uk...
"My recent comment piece explaining how Iran's president was badly misquoted when he allegedly called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" has caused a welcome little storm.
The phrase has been seized on by western and Israeli hawks to re-double suspicions of the Iranian government's intentions, so it is important to get the truth of what he really said.
I took my translation - "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" - from the indefatigable Professor Juan Cole's website where it has been for several weeks.
But it seems to be mainly thanks to the Guardian giving it prominence that the New York Times, which was one of the first papers to misquote Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, came out on Sunday with a defensive piece attempting
to justify its reporter's original "wiped offthe map" translation.

Iran poses no threat to anyone, and just has the misfortune to sit on a huge wealth of natural resources. If the US invades it will be the end. The US will probably decline anyway over a the next decades, but an Iran war could lead to 20 year collapse.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by stephinrazin]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
so when Iran nukes the guys next door? you going to change from they didn't have any to they should have done some thing? the problem with people like you is your stupid. no every thing the united states does is wrong. wrong choices I just would glass the entire middle east including isreal but thats just me. if you don't have a bunch of kids running around kill each other. nuke the entire middle east till it glows call the kreamlin and tell him he has got a new place to park his car...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
why the hell can,t the usa stop interfering in other countries .
those blood thirsty idiots will not be happy until this planet is on fire.
USA YOU ARE THE BIGGEST DANGER TO THIS PLANET IN THE WHOLE OF EARTHS HISTORY .

As a veteran, I assure you that I don't like war. However, I also don't like countries that bully others. If it takes a little blood and treasure to settle things down, it's worth it. I don't understand any Europeans arguing with us on that point, or any countries in the Far East, following WWII.

The US does this stabilization and civilization of the world because it wants WORLD PEACE. In order to have WORLD PEACE, it takes involvement. It takes commitment. It takes intelligence.

If you think it is DANGEROUS to stand for something and try to create WORLD PEACE, then stay home and criticize the US.

The US is in Germany and Japan at their request. They are in the Philippines at their request. We are in Korea at their request. The list is long. Our forces stabilize peace, while at the same time prevent the need for those countries to provide defense systems. It is a huge burden for us, and a huge savings for them. They can budget for economics, rather than military growth and development. Their societies are better for it.

If the US were not in the world, it would be hostile, or it would be Nazi.

It takes a toll on US soldiers. It causes them to sacrifice their families, lose their friends, steel their dedication, and sometimes suffer for a lifetime.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by Jim Scott]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

No one is complaining about what America did for Europe under ww2. People are complaining about what the Americans are doing now. There is no way you can compare any of it. You dont even know what your country is fighting for. You think you are fighting terror? Your are creating terror with what your doing now. Cant you see that people hate what you people are doing. Don't you take the hint?

No i dont thinks so if you bring up the old excuse of ww2.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Especially if one considers the hand that American Corporations and Banking interests had in the rise of Nazi Germany...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
wow.. what about the brits in the bulkins? you think they wanted you guys back? lol.. were over there for peace. and since I was last there they are too busy killing each other than the u.s or its allys at the moment.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin
reply to post by babybunnies

No offense, but these same tired arguments get repeated till I feel sick.
In the real world international law is a justification for imperialism. It gives powerful states the ability to clothe conquest as the moral high ground. This is about empire. People should be past holding the American people's hand pretending they live in a world of picket fences and football. Some try so hard not to tell them they have a fictional view of reality, and people die for that ignorance.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by stephinrazin]

You have obviously never been a student of international law, as the peremptory norms of Int'l law have shifted since 1945 to such an extent that international law now provides something of a bias towards smaller states in protecting and defending their independence and right to assertion and self-governance.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by duality90]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
so when Iran nukes the guys next door? you going to change from they didn't have any to they should have done some thing? the problem with people like you is your stupid. no every thing the united states does is wrong. wrong choices I just would glass the entire middle east including isreal but thats just me. if you don't have a bunch of kids running around kill each other. nuke the entire middle east till it glows call the kreamlin and tell him he has got a new place to park his car...

Apart from minor irritations such as North Korea, you are correct.

Most of the Muppets and trouble in this World come from the Middle East, Muslims and religious rubbish causing it all.

So yes, your probably right with Glassing the Entire Middle East. It would simply stop the problems overnight. Yes, you will get the usual people moaning about using bombs but do we want to live with all the problems over there for another few hundred years before somebody actually does glass it all over?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
The US does this stabilization and civilization of the world because it wants WORLD PEACE.

It's the type of peace that's the problem.

It's a forced peace. Like, do as we say, if you don't, then we will use force against you. When we kill all those who resist us, then there will be peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join