It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Begins Massive Military Build Up Around Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

War is inevitable.. most deffinetly. But it is only your opinion that Obama wants this war. I 100% disagree. He has had 2 very valid opportunities. Iran and North Korea. But as of this point today. We have been very careful with our words. We could have easily unleashed the beast (Israel) But he didn't.. Give the man a chance.. If you take away all of these assumptions and take it for face value (if you are capable) he has good intentions and has made ZERO strategic moves toward war. Everyone is gun shy because of what we have seen in the past. I am a firm believer that he is going to let people walk all over the US with no firm stance on anything. The next president is going to be the war monger.. His hand will be forced because all of the pussyfooting that this president is doing.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
If Obama thinks the American people where angry at the Iraq war, he hasn't seen anything yet.

This will incite a new level of anger. I personally think he wants to bankrupt the nation. This will do it, oh yes.

Not to mention the other ramifications like starting WW3 for starters.

WTF, is wrong with this man? Has he no heart?

Uh, I'd say he's just like Bush at the end of the day. As for Americans not taking it...lol. I think Americans will accept almost anything these days.

As for this carrier group move, my sister saw this the other day. She was in the Navy 7 years. She thinks it's just a swap as they normally have hardware in that part of the world anyway.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Ask the Council on Foreign relations and the Trilateral commission created by Rockefeller.

Its not that hard to understand why, They have meetings all the time. They document it and put it on paper. Yet it i does not exist it is just a CONSPIRACY!!!! ooooooooooo to stupid to read the truth to stupid to stop asking for answers Perpetual hell you must be in.

GO back to watching the lakers and spurs , its so easy to understand they never call it a conspiracy and call you racist!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is looking like a house of cards. It is not Iran or North Korea or Chavez, or Russia or China individually we have to worry about, but rather all of them together that should make us worried. If you consider that Iran has been working very hard to make alliances, and in spite of the sanctions has moved forward technologically, to even being able to launch something into space.
What I do know is that Iran is a major oil producer, and provides oil to Russia and China, so if they start to feel threatened, then I bet that they will start to cut the flow of oil, using it as a bargining chip as a proxy against the US to gather support. And it would not surprise me that they will also use it to purchase more military hardware from anyone.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Being a Canadian let me say this. I was slightly offended by some of these remarks. Canadians in general don't hate americans nor have problems with americans. Yes we generally have a problem with "IGNORANT" americans i.e the one's who make un-educated comments about our country, mock our military and our policies. We also have problems "generally speaking" with american foreign policy. Being the northern neighbour and being involved in several conflicts along side with a NATO ally "the US"..its pathetic that many people seem to forget that CANADIAN MILITARY dies along side US troops. I.e we're currently in Afghanistan fighting along side the many nations involved in yet another bloody war started because of United States foreign policy. Let us not forget the REAL reasons why 9/11 took place, the real reasons why IRAQ wars 1 and 2 took place....BIG BUSINESS AND OIL! Some people woudl argue still that the cause is just...BULL#. It's over oil period and only the mis-informed and blind follow their blind leaders.

US policy seems to want to get involved in every countries business PERIOD! Because big business tells them what to do. Is Iraq/Afghanistan theatres of operation a justified war? NO! And not in the opinion of many. OUR troops be it Canadian/American/U.K/Australia etc are dying for essentially nothing but to apease the big bankers and to quote BUSH "EVIL-doers". The "EVIL DOERS" LOL! Are in fact ALL the politicians that send in our service people to die. Thats the bottom line.

Now, since people seem to BASH our military..let me point out that Canada has NEVER lost a war ever! We have the best trained, highly educated and highly respected military around the world. We even TRAIN American troops for even basic combat skills. The point made about could we defend our country? #ING YES! We may not spend 85% of every tax doller on defense, but I tell you this much...any invading nation would suffer great losses because we're determined to defend out land. REMEMBER the war or 1812..didn't we burn down the white house?
But I also state that we don't have a crumbling economy, high crime rate.

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Zombie,
Smoking to much of that BC Kind? Give yourself a reach around and grab your hair...pull your head out of your arse. We have saved thousands of lives. We have taken thousands also. We supply some countries with 70% of their food. But you must be right with your accusations..America is all bad.. And our people are just sheep.. WOW talk about sheep that follow..aren't you Canadian? People in glass houses, should not throw stones. I agree we should mind our own business.. Dont dilute this with BS..answer this question.. If Russia docked on your shores .. could Canada defend its self? Not a chance..Russia would have it's way with you like a naked woman in a locked room with Mike tyson and Big Ben Roths. Talk all the shyte you want.. You need us allot more than we need you. Because of a few bad decisions by our leaders.. your going to totally disreguard all of the GREAT things we have contributed to this world? Back to defending yourself.. I am pretty sure...Alaska could take canada out..solo. I love Canada.. I love Canadians... But I have had enough of you guys bad mouthing us...There is going to be a day when your crappy sand oil is needed or wanted.. When the big bad wolves come to take it.. I hope we hang up the phone on you. Seems that most of Canada hates the USA... So be it..Of course when your not being threatened by anyone..its easy to spout off and say you dont need our help.. but when the time comes.. We will be the first ones you turn to for help. So get off your high horse and stop bashing the USA.. Bash SPECIFICALLY our leaders that do the world wrong.. But get off of the peoples ass.. Your a boil! [/quote

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Furthermore, every citizen has health care and doesn't have to worry about being in debt for life because they need surgery, nor does a Canadian need to worry about being turned away at a hospital door. I've driven around the Buffalo area and the roads are in such state that I wouldn't even let a horse walk along them. I.e your infastructure is falling apart because of so much money being spent on the war machine.

YES I like the states, Yes I love american people...but its your politicians which are leading the american people down a road which is deplorable. I have the highest respect for any intelligent american and american soldier..but not for the politicians that cater to big business. I'm also a big follower of Alex Jones, i've seen all the movies, listen to his broadcasts...and lets face it...all over the world things are changing and not for the best. Perhaps we need GOD to come back and wipe out the evil that plagues our nations...for the politicians and super rich are ruining all our lives in all our countries. Russia btw would never invade Canada because we have a GOOD relation with them and they respect us...and we respect them. We do NOT go around sticking our noses into other countries business looking for B.S excuses to start wars. And we have been along side in various wars for many years now with the exception of Vietnam. Even Somalia which again should not have happend in the first place.

I say...we should be taking care of our own people, pulling back our forces and at the same time not being cruel and not helping those who need help. Think how you would feel if you didn't have enough food to eat or clean water to drink. I think in the near future we are ALL going to be in dire straights and needing eachother in case ww3 breaks out, or *COUGH* if something worse like the 2012 events actually take place. God save us all.

reply to post by Mobius1974

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

I suggest you straight up your facts about Iran and US policies...

Great Iran Quitz - "Surprising Facts"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Not just around Iran...

U.S. and NATO accelerate Military build-up in Black Sea region

"Recent news reports from both sides of the Atlantic speak of a warming of relations between Russia and the United States, between Russia and NATO. If so, Russian political leaders won't have to extend their hands far to clasp those of their alleged Western friends and allies. They need merely reach across their southwestern and northwestern borders on the Black and Baltic Seas."

In the post-Cold War era and especially since 2001 the Pentagon has been steadily shifting emphasis, and moving troops and equipment, from bases in Germany and Italy to Eastern Europe in its drive to the east and the south.

That process was preceded and augmented by the absorption of former Eastern Bloc nations into the North Atlantic Treaty Organization beginning in 1999. In one of the first nations in that category, Poland, the initial contingent of what will be over 100 U.S. troops arrived in the town of Morag this week, as near as 35 miles from Russian territory, as part of a Status of Forces Agreement between Washington and the host country ratified this February.

usa.mediamonitors.net...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadian Firebird

If I were you.. I would count on myself.. There is no "man in the clouds" that grants wishes!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Iran will envoke alot of hell the likes of U.S.A has not seen since the vietnam war. Isreal ready to invade. COUPE DE TA. Looks like isreal will be getting more land. Did you know the NORTH KOREAN dictator kimmy is on Irans side. I hope the U.S.A sent a deployment there also. KIMMY will certainly launch against isreal. Kimmy helped speed up the process for technology to iran. So this is absolutely insane to do.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

This is just like the 40's , and world war II.

... accept, the US is Nazi germany throwing agression around like its confetti.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylee
Get ready for a false flag attack.

Is all this really necessary?... Didn't Barry win the Nobel Peace Prize. What happen to Hope and Change?...

The Bankster Reform bill passed. Now the Fed has no restrictions on what it can put on the balance sheets ie unlimited debt to central banks to fund wars (mass global population reduction)

Germany has sent a battleship in with our carrier group, so they will be dragged into this when Iran blows up our carrier group after we or Israel attacks.

And who says Pakistan is going to stay out of this. Or more importantly China or Russia.

And that's just one side of Asia. We still have over 25k troops in South Korea.

Oil spill, Euro crashing, World War, what's next friggin bird flu?.. Gabriel blowing his Horn?...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by wylee]

What happened to Hope and Change? Well Hope changed, and to dig

out of an economic bottomless pit of debt countries will point fingers

and start wars. We will see history repeat itself over and over again.

^Y^

[edit on 22-5-2010 by amari]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
America is already fighting two wars, and losing both.

So starting a third war is going to be really helpful, eh ?

With US oil production in the Gulf of Mexico having a few slight problems right now.....
Doing something that is about to close the straights of Hormuz for a very long time, and set most of the middle eastern oil fields ablaze should do wonders for the price and availability of gasoline in the US.

The total lack of gasoline, diesel fuel, heating oil, and jet fuel, should really give a much needed boost the US economy.

Well done Obama !

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

Disagree.

The took out Iraq's army in weeks, although I do understand they were less capable than Iran but still gave them a run for their money back in the 80's.

Anyways... Any Korean or Iranian war will be a true army against army.. There may be boots on the ground, but they won't remain there.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This is absolutely insane, it will be a dommino effect. kimmy will be on the side of iran and who ever else will join in, its insane.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Come on a build up around Iran? People are just now figuring this out? I saw it coming after Bush gave his axis of evil speach in 2002 or 2001.

Iran is dead smack in the middle between Iraq and Afgahnsistan. We've had them surrounded since 2002. If Public opinion hadn't swayed on the war on terror after the Iraq invasion. Bush would have carpet bombed Iran back to the stone age too.

Bush screwed up and didn't finish what he started. Iran is in a race to get the bomb. Now the U.S. is between a rock and a hard place. Let Iran get the bomb and hold the middle east hostage. Or bomb them and start a wider conflict.

Either way the stuffs about to get messy.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm all for turning Iran and NK into glass if hostilities do break out.... ( there is no peaceful diplomatic solution to both countries and their nuclear power. The only way to fix that problem is to wipe them off the face of the earth)

The only problem I have is with Israel. I personally don't think the US should be supporting Israel at all. In fact, had Israel not ever been created, that part of the world would more than likely be a lot more stable.

To all you America bashers......pfft...

I don't know why we invaded Iraq. It sure wasn't because of 9/11. Oil? I doubt it or we would already have cheap gas....DUH...I personally think it was Bush Jr finishing what his daddy wouldn't do. He basically took on his old man and showed him up, Typical Texas style.

Afghanistan however is different....that was tied directly to 9/11. I am surprised Bush Jr didn't turn them to glass. Had it been me, I would have. Be glad I am not the president of the USA.

I am in agreement though with many posters. Perhaps instead of spending all of our hard earned tax dollars on wars, we should focus on our own infrastructure, strengthen our own lands before wandering off into someone else's. There was no change after Bush left and Obama took over. Where is the change we were promised?

I, almost as much as I hate to say it, wish the USSR was still around, at least someone would be able to keep us (the us) in check. The fall of the soviet union created a much bigger mess than the USSR itself was.

This is what happens when there is no balance of power anymore.

I am a product of the cold war, I grew up scared that one day, I was going to wake up to see a mushroom cloud, and I am no longer scared of it....I expect it.

(I edited for my own crappy spelling. Gotta love spellcheck)

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

Disagree.

The took out Iraq's army in weeks, although I do understand they were less capable than Iran but still gave them a run for their money back in the 80's.

O/k, so you say you have won a total victory in Iraq.
So why is the fighting still going on after seven years?
Why is the American death toll in Iraq still increasing ?

You have won nothing in Iraq, and never will.
There is no objective, no strategy, nothing to gain there.
Most Americans cannot even say what this seven year long war is about, since George Bush's mythical weapons of mass destruction never even existed.

No, Gulf War Two (against the Iraqi people), is a total defeat and humiliation for the US.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Stop being retarded... Hands down the sinlge dumbest view ever.. We wiped out Both afghanistan/iraq in days... The fact that we have to search every house to find the coward bastards is not a part of the war.. Just because we aren't very good at hide and go seek...DOES NOT mean we didn't kick their f'ing butts...To say we are not winning this war is irresponsible... Now, I want our troops home... I dont care about another country on this planet.. I want to stop sticking up for EVERYONE...stop feeding other countries..My son says to me..."Dad can I have some money to donate at school ..for needy families" Me: "Tyler we are 2 paychecks away from being one of those families" .. My point is this.. Every sinle last one of our citizens should have food and shelter before one foreigner gets a dime...Most of the world hates the US for our foreign policy... I suggest new policy.. Survival of the fittest. Back to the war... IF WE WERENT SO POLITICALLY CORRECT we could wipe out both countries with 1960's technology. So losing the war??? Single dumbest/uninformed statement ever made.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Conventionally America can pound any enemy to the ground. Once it comes to guerrilla warfare no amount of superior technology will help you. And since ANY attack on Iranian nuclear sites will unite the Iranian people against that aggressor, boots WILL have to be on the ground... this is about having a stable petro dollar(puppet government) not simply destroying nuclear facilities. And when that happens god help America is all i can say....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join