It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Reportedly Mobilizing In Lebanon Ahead Of Large IDF Drill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Hezbollah Reportedly Mobilizing In Lebanon Ahead Of Large IDF Drill

www.haaretz.com< br />

Hezbollah has mobilized thousands of its militants in southern Lebanon ahead of a major Israel Defense Forces drill planned for next week, AFP reported on Friday.

The IDF drill, scheduled to begin on Sunday, will last for a week.

Hezbollah's deputy secretary general, Naeem Kassem, said the group was preparing to retaliate although it had no proof of any such Israeli plans.

Syria also began to call up reserves troops, including nationals residing in Lebanon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Israels greatest element of succes in their campaings have been surprise. I think these actions are there just to erase that possibility, and that way for securing peace. But - we have waited this - and both sides are ready, and stock markets keeps going down...

From Gaza to Golan, IDF soldiers are being trained for war
www.haaretz.com...

Most tense week ahead!

- Turkish/International aid fleet is heading to Gaza
www.abovetopsecret.com...
- Massive drills are taking place
www.abovetopsecret.com...
- Like we can read above, also Syria is mobilizing
- Dissmissed Iran-Turkey-Brazil nuke deal can backfire
- Russia announced that S-300 will delivered to Iran, arms sales to Syria
www.reuters.com...
- Proximity talks between Israel-PA havent produced nothing
- What happen in Korea is related to ME...

Lets see. May 27th and 28th is closing fast... If Israel really is up for summer wars, like we have seen past months, soon or now is the time to launch those.

www.haaretz.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2010 by JanusFIN]

[edit on 21-5-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up!

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Israel has had a tendency in the past to strike without warning during these exercises.

On June 5, 1967, Israel launched a preemptive attack on Egypt.[20] The Arab countries denied planning to attack Israel, and asserted that Israel's strike was not preemptive but an unwarranted and illegal act of aggression.[21] Jordan, which had signed a mutual defence treaty with Egypt on May 30, then attacked western Jerusalem and Netanya

[edit on 21-5-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
WTF - Summit in ME postponed?

Spain says Mediterranean Union summit postponed

MADRID — A meeting to bring together European and Middle Eastern governments has been postponed to give Israeli-Palestinian talks time to achieve results, officials said. Israel on Friday called the reason for the delay ridiculous.

The summit of the Union for the Mediterranean was going to take place June 7 in Barcelona. Now, it has been pushed back to November, Spain's Foreign Ministry said Thursday night.

www.google.com...

One cover less for Israel? --- Not a good sign.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Israels greatest element of succes in their campaings have been surprise. I think these actions are there just to erase that possibility, and that way for securing peace. But - we have waited this - and both sides are ready...

I agree, Israel is known for surprise attacks. This is just good planning on the part of their enemies.

Note to OP: Janus glad to see you on the boards today, I miss your informative posts - keeping us up-to-date on the ME issues.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Lebanon PM slams Israel defence drill

"Israel has to go to the negotiating table in order to achieve peace. To launch military exercises at such a time runs counter to peace efforts," Hariri told reporters in Cairo after a meeting with Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak. "How can you launch peace negotiations with the Palestinians while holding military manoeuvres?" asked Hariri, who is to travel to Washington on Sunday for his first visit as premier.

Israel's annual week-long civil defence exercises, which start on Sunday, are designed to prepare emergency responses to rocket strikes on Israel. Israeli Deputy Defence Minister Matan Vilnai has stressed that the exercises were planned long in advance and had no bearing on the Jewish state's present relations with its northern neighbours, Lebanon and Syria.

www.iloubnan.info...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Lebanon deploys army in response to Israel's security drill

Sources in Beirut say Lebanese soldiers deployed along southern border while Israel holds Turning Point 4 drill. 'We shall thwart any possible offensive from enemy,' says security source

www.ynetnews.com...

- No room for surprise these days, also mention about firing AA guns against Israeli jets today... War of Words has take step further - only fuse and it will blow to everyones faces.

new topics

top topics

join