It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pagan altar unearthed at building site in Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Persephone1

Oh please dont leave out the bst part of the story...

Where man is then ordered to go and kill these people in the land...for God.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I hardly think its unusual that a pagan altar is discovered in Israel, IS RA EL, (Isis/Ra/El,Saturn, Osiris) Sounds like the Egyptian Trinity to me, and really goes back to Sumar and Atlantis. All religions are coded by the annanuki hybrids running our planets to the same thing, and Saturn is the key here.

So, this would make perfect sense really.

But that doesnt mean that the historical Jesus was a part of their conpsiracy, nor any other teacher, it just means there is truly a group of bloodlines mismanaging the world.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The Elect of God is here

Well this clearly proves to me that God (he/ she? it) has a terrific sense of humour. And the pagans have the last laugh at all the book religions. Well that has made my weekend.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

How did you know Star gates are for Real? I would read it if you tried to prove me wrong but frankly I LOVE God so much and I know what I wrote is a fact. Ask yourself prior to writing me...what is God's definition of an idol? remember: God Created Jesus to serve God and lead people away from paganism. Ask yourself What does Righteous mean? Most people do not know. Righteous means doing everything for God and not yourself. Jesus preached that he was the power and the wisdom if God
1 Corinthians 1:24; Ask your self is that Righteous. Was it Righteous for Jesus to have Jesus churches made? Christ churches made? Was it Righteous of Jesus to say all bow down before Christ as he sits upon the judgement seat over everyone. Read the biblical chapters I provided for you what you had read. Jesus coveted to become God and Jesus was human. God created Jesus. Keep in mind the definition of an idol; An idol is anyone that is praised, worshiped, exalted, prayed to, prayed through other than God. Jesus was not God. Jesus said "God was the Father" God is everyone's Father is what he should have said. God is your Creator too...if God chose you to be a Leader for God and lead people away from paganism/idolism would you exhalt yourself and lead people to you? No I do not think so...God is your Father too. Jesus did do one thing...Jesus lead people away from paganism and then to idol worship...worshiping Jesus more than God that is what Jesus did. The people of this planet could have worshiped God all of these 20 centuries but instead they identified with a Human more than their CREATOR and FATHER God.
See This Dead Sea Scroll from Prophet Habakkuk Pesher:

For the earth will be filled with Knowledge of the Glory of the LORD like waters covering the sea. The cup of the wrath of God will swallow the traitors, adding to shame and disgrace and pain. Of what use are graven images, whose makers formed a casting and images of Lying, in whom, the craftsman puts his trust when he creates dumb idols. This interpretation of the passage concerns all the Nations, which they create in order to serve and bow down to them, These will NOT save them on the day of Judgement. Woe to anyone saying to pieces of wood “Awake!” and to dumb [stone] “Arise!” This can guide? Behold, it is covered with gold and silver and there is no spirit at all within it. But the LORD is in His HOLY TEMPLE, be silent before him, all the world. Its interpretation concerns all the Nations, who serve stone and wood. But on the day of Judgement God will destroy all the Servants of Idols and Evil ones from off the earth.

People of this planet do not like at all to admit that they are wrong. All of you are wrong about Jesus...please see it...Jesus is not your savior. Jesus wanted people to think that he could save you from your choices (Sins) so that people would worship him and the early Roman Catholics did too.

I began to worship only God and God literally guides me and has for the past year. It is amazing what God can do. How many people has God done this to? Hardly any because most people worship or pray through idols. Tell people about me here is my my space page. Read my blogs...as God guides me to write them...be a believer not a doubter as doubting will get you no where. See the Truth and if you still don't then view the prophet Mohammed's everything...as Mohammed said people will not believe the Truth when Tribulation occurs. I used to be an intelligence agent; please click on my name "The Elect of God is here" or see all my blogs on my space and Tell people what you read. You will because you want to know the truth. Please take the time. God Loves you.

Fight against World Order for God www.myspace.com/533117262

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Elect of God is here

I also found a dead sea scroll that substanciates that Jesus was a traitor to God. see this Pesher scroll:

The key words are: "But when he ruled in Israel" AKA Jesus

1. Jesus did not convert Israel to Christianity, hence preaching to the gentiles. The real kicker is he never converted ANYONE to Christianity. He was here to teach truth, not religion. He never ruled Israel during his time on earth. Ruling Jerusalem is one of the highlights of his second coming.

2. The dead sea scrolls were written by Jewish people. Jewish people weren't too fond of Christianity.

3. Israel has a long tradition of pagan influence. It is mentioned in the bible several times. If I didn't have to get ready to go I'd quote them all. Later I will.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Looks like another artifact that shows the story of Judah was never about someone physical. Judah could have been a complete hoax in the bible written in after the original texts.

There has been too much cover-up on pagans, even those said to be close with Christ.

It's good this made news before it also got "lost"

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have a suggestion for you . Why dont you just post the story ?? I was hoping for more information , more raw data and intelligent analysis from this thread, but OP has dissapointed me greatly by filling the top of the thread with what amounts to anti christian rhetoric . How bored do you think I am of that ? Well I will tell you , Im bored to death of it. Its like a droning annoyance at the low end of my range of hearing, like a pesky bug .

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am so bored of Xtian rhetoric. The Bible quotes just don't do it for me. It is all so tiresome and deadly predictable.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why are people shocked at the fact that they found a pagan alter that is dating over 2000 years old. If memory on history and the bible serves correct, Isreal was conquored by several of the neighboring empires in history, from the Babylonians, to the Greeks, to the Romans and many others. So I would say it is very possible that if you dig down deep enough these kinds of items are going to be found.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Its not really out of the ordinary at all, considering it was occupied by the Greeks and then the Romans.

The art on the altar definitely appears to be Greco Roman.

Note: according to IAA it is a Roman altar.

[edit on 22/5/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
To me it is not news that paganism was still the preferred religion 2000 years ago. But paganism is a blanket term used to describe every religion other than Christianity.

Not everyone was converted to Christianity, not even today.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
But paganism is a blanket term used to describe every religion other than Christianity.

That is a common misconception, as there are Pagan Christians.

Paganism generally refers to belief systems before Christ. Neo-Paganism generally refers to belief systems after Christ. Judeo-Christianity is not pagan since it is monotheism.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This should be no surprise to anybody who has read the Bible. The Bible condemns murder and prostitution. Would anybody be surprised if archaeologists found evidence of an ancient brothel in Israel or evidence of murder? Absolutely not.

Just because the Bible speaks against an act, it does not mean the act did not exist in ancient Israel. In fact, if the Bible mentions an act, chances are the act occurred at least once. The Bible does not explicitly tell people to drive cars under the speed limit, because people in antiquity did not drive cars. The bible does not explicitly tell people to be polite when sending text messages because biblical people did not have mobile phones. T

The Bible frequently mentions non-Israelites who worshiped other gods living in Israel or passing through Israel. The Bible also frequently admonishes Israelites for taking up idolatry. It also names Israelites who took up idolatry. Should we be surprised these "sinners" left evidence in the archaeological record?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

...There are Pagan Christians.

Judeo-Christianity is not pagan since it is monotheism.

Seems like two contradictory statements to me.

Originally posted by dzonatas
Paganism generally refers to belief systems before Christ. Neo-Paganism generally refers to belief systems after Christ.

In other words, every religion other than Christianity.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by TheComte]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Seems like two contradictory statements to me.

In other words, every religion other than Christianity.

No.

Judeo-Christianity is different from Christianity in general. Study the meaning of Christ, which means Christos, which means anointed, yet Judeo-Christianity doesn't uphold such meaning and related practices. The meaning of Christos doesn't agree with monotheism, and this is why it is specifically called Judeo-Christianity.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Pagan Christians? You mean Gnostics?

Scholars who study religion normally don't use the term "pagan" but will break down the religion by form such as polytheism, animism, monotheism, etc.

I personally don't like to use the term, because it was an insult in the Roman Empire. Pagan meant the equivalent to redneck, hick, or hillbilly to metropolitan Romans.

If they were around today, I think they would find it absolutely hilarious what the word is used for. Early Christians would probably be confused as well, as originally the term Christian was a Roman slur against the followers of "The Way".

[edit on 22/5/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
You mean Gnostics?

Nope.

Scholars who study religion normally don't use the term "pagan" but will break down the religion by form such as polytheism, animism, monotheism, etc.

That is another way to do it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Elect of God is here

All that Idol proves is, the Jews [ which are only a small remnant of one tribe of Israelites ] were not worshiping YHVH as they would like folks to believe. Now they may have been minding their own business, but they were supposed to be minding His business, so they paid the price. [ in case you missed it, 2000yrs ago was just prior to the Temple being destroyed. ]

Which validates Gods Word that no stone would be left on top of another. YHVH used the Romans to divorce the remnant of the Jews. Til such time as they will all be gathered again as Israel.

I in no way endorse the persecution of the Jews nor do I support any hate groups that target Jews.

There is so much misinformation for so long by people that should know better but don't and by people who repeat what they hear but never really took the time to really find out...that this one little post will do little in waking people up, but I just had to say something....perhaps one person will bother to check it out....please don't use wiki....use a steam shovel and a microsope....seriously....

[edit on 23-5-2010 by toasted]

[edit on 23-5-2010 by toasted]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

god is a false god pagan god. God is The Creator; to correct you on your "personal quote" under your comment please correct it. thank you
and May God Bless you

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I guess the suprise is not that a pagan cemetary of this age was found in Isreal, but that it was supposedly jewish but when found was actually pagan?

Because everyone KNOWS there were pagans in and all around Isreal at the time of Christ, don't they? It's even in the Bible. Romans ruled the world.

There was an ancient temple to Zeus at the temple complex as I recall.
Maybe I am just missing something.

Maybe the Israelis just want to establish some sort of HOLY PAGAN tie so they can get tourism dollars from those of us who are pagan, too and have pagans referring to it as 'the Holy Land' as well, which I will never do.

That makes me laugh.

Oh, I get it now. The ultra Orthodox jews didn't want them building there because it was an old JEWISH cemetary - can't disturb the bodies of the JEWS. OK But then they found a pagan alter there, so they are saying that means it must be PAGAN and NOT Jewish - so destroy those graves and have at it with any old remains laying around, we're building baby.

I get it now.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by hadriana]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join