It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pagan altar unearthed at building site in Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Pagan altar unearthed at building site in Israel

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM – Israeli archaeologists say workers have uncovered an ancient pagan altar while clearing ground for construction of a hotly disputed hospital emergency room.

They say the discovery proves an ancient cemetery at the site that has been at the center of protests by ultra-Orthodox Jews does not contain the graves of Jews.

The Israel Antiquities Authority said Thursday the discovery of the 2,000-year-old incense altar, along with the nature of the graves, shows the cemetery was pagan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ephesus.us
www.myspace.com

Ban thread titles must share the same title as the article per ATS rules

[edit on 21-5-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This article above proves that paganism was still in effect 2,000 years ago when Jesus was supposed to have converted everyone to God. Jesus did not. I am a researcher and know that Mary (his mother) was a pagan worshipper. You may nnot believe me but do your research before you doubt me. Mary lived in Ephesus at the Temple of Artemis and worshipped goddess diana. Luckily, in order to prove this I found that The Roman Catholics had maintained her cave that she lived in. (links are supplied to where Mary lived and it is pagan place) If you look at the pictures you can see that these are pagan lanterns and the toomb of mary looks satanic (aka: satenic) Jesus was raised by Mary and exalted himself and betrayed God. No One that is Righteous and Faithful to God would not ever say nor teach that he is the power and the wisdom of God. 1 Corinthians 1:24, also look at these other exalting things that Jesus said and taught. Romans 16:16
Romans 16:17
Romans 15:17
Romans 14:11
Actually, Romans in the new testament is pure blaspheme, it was written by the early Chaldeans (Roman Catholics) and Mary and Jesus. Jesus did not die and was not resurrected. He was crucified for exalting himself, coveting to become God and paganism. God wanted Jesus to lead people to God but Jesus lead people to himself and The Roman Catholics wrote The New testament to include that Jesus was God's son. The fact is over the years they have tried to change it to Jesus having been God back then but he was not. Jesus was supposed to Minister for God period. Jesus was given tests but failed because of him exalting himself. I also found a dead sea scroll that substanciates that Jesus was a traitor to God. see this Pesher scroll:

But rather all the Nations are gathered to him and the Peoples are collected unto him. Do they all Satirize him and make up sayings against him. And they say “woe to the man who multiplies unto himself that which is not his. How long will he continue to burden himself with debts” Its interpretation concerns the Wicked Priest, who at the beginning of his Office [literally standing] was called by the name of Truth.
But when he ruled in Israel, his heart became puffed up and he deserted God and betrayed the laws of God for the sake of Riches. And stole and collected the Riches of the Men of violence, and rebelled against God. And he took the Riches of the peoples, heaping upon himself guilty Sinfulness, and acted in the Ways of Abominations of ALL unclean pollution."

The key words are: "But when he ruled in Israel" AKA Jesus

"who at the beginning of his Office [literally standing] was called by the name of Truth." AKA: Barack Obama- who did people say Obama was like when running for President? Abe Lincoln...The re-named Jesus is Barack Obama the anti-christ.
If you do not have the full Habakukk Dead Sea Scroll I do see my my space web site the link is under additional links. You can read my blogs as they have very interesting information in them. Such as The Pope's letter that was released around the world to Priests instructing them to put "excrement and semen" in the communion wafers; it is written in code as they are very intelligent however it is obvious. another blog is The symbols at The Vatican are exposed as Satenic and I decifered them to their true meaning with pictures to show you. It is very accurate. Anyway, Thank you for your time

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Ok... so we take some religious belief, stick it in a historical frying pan and saute it with some onions and garlic. No matter how great it tastes with onions and garlic, it's still belief.

Can some one tell me what is the difference between Santa Clause and Jesus Christ because I am not getting it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by The Elect of God is here

what if i could prove you wrong?
would you read it?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
OMG no where does it say in the article that Jesus betrayed God and it's proven.....WOW!!!!!! they find a cemetery and your going nuts....please!!!!!! everyone knows there was all kinds of religion, even back then, the disciples went around teaching about this even.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

There is an enormous difference between Jeshua ben Joseph and Santa (an anagram for you know who). Though in their coding and hijacking of all spiritual messages, and coding all things to Saturn, your words are only concerning the twisted trappings that Rome and the illuminati have on things, they mean nothing to the historical Jesus.

Searching for the historical man, who's message of love had many followers, and who was most likely trained in India, where he probably incarnated before, for I believe strongly he came many times to Teach and inspire us to: look within for the Kingdom of Heaven, that we are the Many Branches of the Vine, the Infinite Family of Light, to do unto others as you would have done unto you, to Forgive all, to Shine your Light, not put a lampshade on it, to not worry about materialism, what clothes you wear, food you eat, and renounce status, reputation, wealth, but share with all. To consider all worthless, but keep searching for the precious pearl, the diamonds in life. And to have faith, that these things that he did we can do also.

His message was not meant to be hijacked by Rome, so that we would not go within our hearts, but obey authority and pay tithing/taxes forever to the new Roman Empire.
The reason he was chosen over others had to do with the Love & Light in his words, that draws us, we are drawn to this message, so they used and twisted that one.

The earlier followers of Jesus were gnostic and shared everything.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

The earlier followers of Jesus were gnostic and shared everything.

Unity_99,

Are we really meant to follow Jesus? Or are we meant to follow each day that life presents to us?

What is more real, this text on your screen or some idea about a deity that represents our primal imagination, our desire for something greater then ourself?

That said, what is greater then the self? We seek to preserve it to such a state that it witnesses something we call God?

Is God external, internal or similar to the reflection of one's mirror? There must be more to God then some man-made ideas. Certainly the pages of a book pale in what is written in our human life.

From my perspective, God is everything. You included.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Jesus was here to point the way, not to "convert everyone to God".

You do not know what God wanted of Jesus or of anyone else.

Jesus did not rule in Israel.

Do you have anything to say with any truth in it?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Truth, what is Truth?

I could hold truth in my hand, and give it to you. You could take it and only see fools gold.

Truth is subjective, yet relative to you.

You are an example of truth, living in human flesh. That is the truth you know.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The graves could still be Israelite , Even the israelites worshipped pagenisms many ,many ,times in there history , these graves could simply be from a generation of israelite pagans , frequently embracing idol and foriegn god worship is rabid thoughout there history, and King Solomon was seduced by foriegn religeons , why freemasons have a huge interest in king solomons darker history .... Still S& F , re, Graves could still be Israelite .

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I don't think the real man ever expected us to follow him. I believe he came many times, and that out of those who had followed, there would be some exceptional teachers who would give birth to new teachers in every generation, with different cultural versions of the message, which never about worship of someone, or a Church authority and taxes.
His wasn't an end all to religions or spiritual growth like the made it. It was a baton that should be passed on, an individual search for perfection and love in our own hearts meeting our own Higher Self, and growth.

I believe he was a Hybrid, and also a great Teacher, one of the Higher Selves that incarnate from the Beyond who had already passed the tests here in this Universe, a beloved Brother, the Family of Light. We're all Brothers and Sisters.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Can some one tell me what is the difference between Santa Clause and Jesus Christ because I am not getting it.

Ironicly, you may have answered your own question...
If you have a RATS subscription check this thread out...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

"He"..."You"..."Me"... we are all self-similar. We are all parts of a greater whole.

We are all participants in the "Reality" at hand.

That said, what "we" implying you and everyone who reads this, each have a subjective and very individual relationship with not just our "Belief" in a God, but the very real life that stands before us.

This is the heart of what all else matters. It is what we are composed of. In this "it" do we find God or do we find ourselves? Proximity to the truth is a constant, the realization of the truth is often not.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Has anyone grasped the fact that Judah was under Roman occupation 2000 years ago. Of course there were pagan shrines in Israel at that time. If built by nobody else, then built by the Romans who were pagans. Not to find some pagan shrines in Israel from that period would be very strange. So where is the shock to that story. I think if you dig deep enough in Israel, you will find altars from the Babylonian occupation, and the Greek occupation, even maybe some stuff from Egypt.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by jagdflieger]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The real concern is ....just what is happening to the graveyard now?

from yahoo linked article:

Protesters claim an emergency room extension at Barzilai Hospital in the city of Ashkelon is being built on an ancient Jewish cemetery. They demonstrated there when officials began removing graves this week, and rioting erupted in ultra-Orthodox areas of Jerusalem.

The Israel Antiquities Authority said Thursday the discovery of the 2,000-year-old incense altar, along with the nature of the graves, shows the cemetery was pagan.

Since the evidence points to the graves being Pagans, will the protests end as the graves are not Jewish ancestors? Will the site still recieve proper moving and re-internment of the remains?
Will University seek to determine the ethnicity of the remain in the graves?
Will the addition to the hospital be scrapped?

these are the more important questions ~in my mind~
?? if the graves are of early-Christian cult members, Roman occupiers, Pagan followers if Diana, instead of Jews

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Not Jewish graves? They'll just get bulldozed into a hole then.

Kind of ironic that the Jews get so uppity at the thought of old Jewish graves being dug up, yet think it's ok to build a "Museum of Tolerance" on top of one of the oldest Muslim grave sites in Jerusalem. Not much respect there at all - in fact, kinda makes them look a little intolerant and racist.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

This simply means humans haven't change, they have been doing the same thing over and over again, the cycle might change, but we haven't.

We are waiting for a trigger, but a trigger won't be triggered unless certain conditions are met, those conditions are controlled by us.

Once we find and accept our responsibility, only then will we get out of this never ending cycle.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

what if i could prove you wrong?
would you read it?

Please do. I want you to, because I was about to as well.

And so The Elect knows (and anyone else interested), after freeing the slaves out of Egypt, they traveled for 40 days and nights before Moses directed them to 'The Land of Milk and Honey' (Israel). If anyone knows the Biblical story on this, you will know what I am saying. Before they went in to even settle in what we now call Israel, they were instructed on what to do and what they'd find there. There were Pagans already on this land worshipping their gods already, and God told Moses they were NOT to fall into their way of worship. So that explains how a Pagan alter was found in this land.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Persephone1]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Elect of God is here
To all you said

Please take the time to read this article I am giving you. It is pretty extensive, but quite clear on so many things!

And ftr, you're wrong.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

We are becoming here, in quantum, forever, though in No TIme, this moment is not set and always was global, to our entire Infinite "roll of film" metaphorically speaking. We are the Infinite Family of Light, the Many In One, and this is making it real, this is the clip that holds the film in, in terms of Infinity and Quantum.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join