It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulated Terrorist Attack in Long Beach Will Test First Responders' Skills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Simulated Terrorist Attack in Long Beach Will Test First Responders' Skills

latimesblogs.lati mes.com

The simulation will involve an actor pretending to be a gunman and a fake contamination of hazardous materials near Rainbow Harbor, officials said. The exercises are part of California's annual two-day homeland security and disaster preparedness drills.

Thousands of first responders from the local, state and federal level are taking part in the exercises, which include a fake attack on a container ship at the Port of Oakland, a bomb explosion at the Port of Redwood City, and terrorist attacks in waters off Los Angeles, San Diego and Long Beach.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
LOL

Perhaps Cali should be focused more on its ever depleting financial armeggeddon and skyrocketing joblessness and homelessness rates, rather than wasting more tax-payer dollars on the faux 'war on terror'.

While the real terrorists in the mega corporations, military industrial complex, Wall street and central banks continue to violate us with impunity, we still have their servants do this merry-go-round of obliviousness, focusing on some make-believe 'foreign enemy', at our expense.

Maybe we the people should conduct our own drills of shutting down the REAL crooks who are violating us all? heh-heh

latimesblogs.lati mes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Considering all the simulations that were going on on September 11th 2001 this concerns me.
I would not participate in any "exercise" the US government wants to simulate. They have already used the excuse of "running drills" once before in order to have an actual attack take place. If I were in Cali I would run far, far away from this.

I like what you said about what California should be focusing on , OP. SnF

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Yes, indeed, I almost mentioned that as well.

TPTB may be prepping for their next false flag op.

These 'drills', whatever the purpose, are nothing more than window dressing.

Our real and greatest enemies are not from some foreign land, but right amongst us.

Sigh.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Those guys were driving all their squad cars on Bellflower Blvd at 6AM this morning...now I know why! Unmarked and regular.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

So you don't believe the USA has any enemies?

You don't believe they are willing to attack the USA?

You don't believe in training, and preparation?

Your psychosis is getting the best of you.

I do agree that the banks, and corporations that raped America of it's money should be turned to dust, but that is not going to make me start a topic dismissing law enforcement training and practice and some how spin it into a wall street / bank / corporation hate topic.

Sometimes you ATS members care about one subject so much that you twist everything into something it is not, and then ignore the issues that you would normally care about if you weren't so caught up in the rage.

The OP is all over the place.. I suggest the OP takes a break from conspiracies for a while.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well, hello to all. This is my first post ever after years of lurking in the shadows and reading amazing and not so amazing posts.
Anyway, the reason I write is that the place I work for just held a seminar on what to do if we are in a hostage, terrorist or other situation. They talked about where to hide and what not to do and this whole laundry list. I found it odd and out of left field.
In my head, no thanks to ATS
I'm thinking, they must know something...first words out of his mouth, we don't know of anything specific.

OK...that's all I got, but I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for all the news and awakenings you have given me over the years. Hopefully I can be a more diligent poster. Take care and God Bless...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

What is with this jumping on the "false-flag" bandwagon with people on ATS, lately?

TPTB may be prepping for their next false flag op.

These 'drills', whatever the purpose, are nothing more than window dressing.

AND, where in the article does it specify that the actor pretending to be a "terorist" is foreign? It is intentionally generic, for it is well-known that domestic 'terrorism' is a constant threat, as well as "external", or foreign potential.

Sheesh, really! These sorts of exercises are conducted very frequently, all over the country.

I guess most people don't understand the point of these practices.

As to "wasting" taxpayer's money? Really??

I guess, then, it's also a "waste" to train, and provide continuing education for: Firefighters, Peace Officers, Municipal Workers, etc?

[edit on 20 May 2010 by weedwhacker]

new topics

top topics

join