It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peruvian Air Force pilot shoots at UFO.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

reference to the varient at: www.hunterteam.com...

The SU22M-4 is the final export version of the type and represents the pinnacle in the evolution of the design. It is still widely used in Europe and the Middle East, being broadly compatible to a Tornado GR1 although lacking the latter’s all-weather capability. Like the Tornado it is equipped with a laser range finder designator and terrain following radar and could be equipped with bombs, guided missiles & rockets in addition to the installed twin 30mm canon for the air to surface attack role. Air-to-air threats were countered via rockets, guided missiles and canon in addition to the extensive ECM and chaff / flare systems.

Max Operating Height
46,585ft 14,200m

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

What you said about other UFO sightings maybe true, I'm just referring to the lack of evidence in regards to this Peruvian incident and it's because of the lack of evidence that the case should be scrutinised more closely. A pilot's word alone is not enough for this case to be taken seriously, unless you can come up with other witnesses or other evidence, such as radar or cockpit recordings etc. These days there are plenty of con artists in ufology who will say and do anything simply to make money.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by kindred]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
UFO cases by pilots are always among the most interesting of course. There’ve been several cases of pilots firing on ufos without any impact or retaliation at all. Now what we have to ask ourselves is what kind of terrestrial technology, known or unknown that can dodge or “absorb” projectiles? Unless, these pilots are delusional or there’s a secret global coordinated scam à la MJ12 to get reputable pilots to fake these encounters.

Come on now, something’s got to give.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

What really scares me about this is the fact every time a UFO (by defintion) type object is observed or detected we launch an unprovoked attack on them.

Great message to all Aliens.....what a peaceful race these humans are - NOT !!

THE DAD

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
2 positive things strike me about this video.

1. It was fired upton and did not retaliate, it evaded the 'lock-ons' without missles being fired. Why would a UFO do this when it would simply be easier to destroy the plane?

2. The UFO gave no chase, even after being hit by the plane and aggressive threats from the plane?

I can only assume 2 things as to why it didnt fight back/destroy the plane.

1. It simply couldnt be bothered fighting/destroying the plane because it felt far to superior to the plane and it was simply toying with it

2. The UFO and its occupants are frienly towards humans and will not engage in violence against our race.

The two reasons above could be concerning. If they were toying with the plane it would clearly suggest that they are extremely capable of huge destruction and a sense of humour that could be very very dangerous to human life. And if they are 'good' ET's who wouldnt hurt a human, why on earth are they being hidden from the mass people? Is the governments of the world trying to formulate a plan to either seize technology from them to wage war against them?

Both of these assumptions are very scary, i dont know who i'd rather trust, humans stealing technology from positive species or ET's with a sense of humour...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

Well that's why we need hard evidence, so that we know whether they are being truthful or not and if they are, then the evidence would allow us to determine whether these craft are terrestrial or extraterrestrial.

nanomaterials that can absorb projectiles
www.nanowerk.com...=3134.php

D3o: Hardest Substance on the Planet

www.metacafe.com...

www.popsci.com...

d30 Armor

With the amount of resources the US military has, who knows what secret tech they may have developed.

reply to post by jrmcleod

Considering he was ordered by his commander to intercept and shoot down this object. There's a possibility that this was simply a top secret test being conducted by the military to test out their new technology.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by kindred]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Of course we all know UFO - unidentified flying objects don't exist right? I mean Aliens, ET whatever you want to call them are just a figment of wild imaginations right?

Give me a break, here we have a Peruvian airforce pilot coming forward explaining to the world his experience with a craft 'out of this world' this isn't some top secret spy plane designed by terrestrials ifso where is it now 30 years on, where is the technology that exists on this planet NOW that mimics similar manoevers, answer There isn't any

At this point, I came within about 300 feet of the UFO. It was about 30 feet in diameter. It was an enameled, cream-colored dome, with a wide, circular, metallic base. It had no engines, no exhausts, no windows, no wings or antennae. It lacked all the typical aircraft components, with no visible propulsion system.

What frustrates me is that the debunkers/skeptical minded people will stay away from this thread because they know that it cannot be so easily debunked. This is real people and the sooner we start to realise this the better it would be for everyone.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I am Oscar Santa Maria Huerta, official pilot of the Peruvian Air Force, currently retired. On April 11, 1980, at 7:15 in the morning...

www.ufodigest.com...

...VEHICLE WAS SPOTTED ON TWO DIFFERENT OCCASIONS. THE FIRST WAS DURING THE MORNING HOURS OF 9 MAY 80, AND THE SECOND DURING THE EARLY EVENING HOURS OF 10 MAY 80...

THE PILOT, ACCORDING TO A THIRD PARTY,

Subject: 1980 BRAZILIAN FOIA

www.cufon.org...

Anybody see a problem here?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by transiant]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I know La Joya Airbase location. It's in the middle of the south desert coast of Peru, between Nazca (famous Nazca Lines) and Tacna (Chilean border), to give you an idea, is like Roswell. It is a very restricted area and if you get to close, they'll arrest you or shoot you.

The perimeter walls are close to the "Panamericana" highway, so when you drive you can see them but stop the car is not recommended.

Another thing I heard many times is that there are some underground facilities since the 80's. when asked several militar friends about that , never got an answer.

good day.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Trueman]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
He used a "high speed, medium range, low level ground attack aircraft with limited air-to-air capabilities to intercept an UFO at 135% of the "official" service ceiling of the SU-22. And he was able to follow it for 22 minutes. OK.

But it would be more realistic if he said he was flying a MIG-25.

Feet and miles or knots is the standard measurement in aviation and nautical even in metric countries.

This is wrong! Russian aircraft have metric instruments. Heck, even the RAAF is flying their Hornets with metric altimeters.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Interesting story.

Something that sticks out for me that no one has mentioned is the size and distance of the object.

It was spotted 3 miles away and we later learn it was about 30 feet in diameter.

To me that sounds pretty hard to spot.

To put it into perspective, 30 feet is about the size of an ultralight's wingspan:

This launch of a Ares I-X rocket was filmed from 3 miles away:
(At the 0:31 second mark is when the camera zooms right back to show the actual distance)

The Ares I-X rocket is 310 feet long.

So the UFO was less than a tenth the size of the Ares rocket....

Not saying it would be impossible to spot, but it would be bloody hard.

[edit on 21/5/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

If I was the pilot I would have flown right into it like kamakaze style

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

He did say it was very bright/luminous, would that not make it easier to see to with the naked eye even if 30ft in diameter and such a distance away?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by moebius
He used a "high speed, medium range, low level ground attack aircraft with limited air-to-air capabilities to intercept an UFO at 135% of the "official" service ceiling of the SU-22. And he was able to follow it for 22 minutes. OK.

Feet and miles or knots is the standard measurement in aviation and nautical even in metric countries.

This is wrong! Russian aircraft have metric instruments. Heck, even the RAAF is flying their Hornets with metric altimeters.

Peruvian Air Forces never had MIGs "in service" as far as I know.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by moebius

Well maybe he flew civilian aircraft too .When the control tower calls an aircraft does he say "maintain flight level 350"(35,000 feet) or does he say "maintain flight level 10 kilometers".Why try so hard to debunk this report,what does this pilot gain from talking BS?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Peruvian Air Forces never had MIGs "in service" as far as I know.

I just wanted to point out that the SU-22 is not the best choice for high altitude intercept missions. And his numbers fit much better to a MIG-25.

Well maybe he flew civilian aircraft too .When the control tower calls an aircraft does he say "maintain flight level 350"(35,000 feet) or does he say "maintain flight level 10 kilometers".Why try so hard to debunk this report,what does this pilot gain from talking BS?

I have no idea about Peru, but the Russians and Chinese are using a Metric Leveling System. If you are not able to switch your instruments to meters be sure you've got a conversion table.

I don't say that he is talking BS just that some numbers and units are somewhat suspect. Maybe a translation issue?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by moebius

Yes it could be a translation problem.As i said in an earlier post ,he is chasing a ufo so the adrenaline is flowing and he may have some issues recalling exact details,But all this talk of details is not that important,He is not the only one who has been in this situation.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

That's why I haven't completely accepted that it couldn't be seen.

If it was reflecting sunlight directly at the people on the ground, then yes it would be easy to spot.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I've heard about this from a program on the History Channel. If I can recall, there was a couple of pilots that were ordered to shoot down a UFO, like the one over Tehran, Iran. Militaries in the past and possibly right now, from around the world make their actions perfectly clear on this. Shoot first, Ask questions later, also by applying the Hostile Label to the Extra Terrestrial Presence across the globe.

There's an extremely dark agenda taking place secretly, by leaders across the world but not many people are taking a serious interest in what is going on. As was said before, if the Extra Terrestrials (That are currently visiting us) were Hostile, we wouldn't be here right now. However, since we are not alone in the Universe, I do not doubt that there might be hostile intelligent races out there, but if the military keeps engaging unknown intelligences in our skies and the space that surrounds us, we'll surely get that dreaded response that many people think only happens in the movies. We don't need a real life version of the movieIndependence Day, we are not built for the Alien Invasion Scenario that we are setting up for ourselves.

One can laugh all he/she wants but that wont stop our leaders from provoking war with intelligences other than ourselves. Only after a catastrophe takes place, humanity finally unites as one.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDeath

What's actually good about this case is he confirmed a direct hit and the thing was still intact, apart from battle of LA i don't know of any other case that had direct hits. The Iran case his guidance system started malfunctioning etc I do wonder what he meant by it 'absorbed' the hits though...it seems a strange way to describe it imo.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Solomons]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join