It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peruvian Air Force pilot shoots at UFO.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
Very interesting. I must say though, this is one heck of a pilot, he managed to get 16,415 ft above the max service ceiling of his aircraft with cannons attached to his wings.

That is some heck of flying there

He made it to 63000 ft.
Max service ceiling of SU-22 clean configuration 46,585 ft.

That's a very interesting fact...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Origin
One aspect of this report makes me think it's bogus that is the part where the pilot was ordered to fire on the object.

There's another incident here where a pilot was ordered to open fire on an unidentified object - the documents in this report are worth a read as well.

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Or the gun-camera footage. If he was within 300 feet of the object, the gun camera footage would conceivably be among the best of the UFO ever captured.

That is a good question -maybe the CIA and NSA were asking (or could answer) the same question whilst compiling reports about a subject they pretend to have no interest in.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Very interesting. I must say though, this is one heck of a pilot, he managed to get 16,415 ft above the max service ceiling of his aircraft with cannons attached to his wings.

He made it to 63000 ft.

Service ceiling is not absolute ceiling.

T.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Triangulum]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
All the best sightings seem to happen in the air. Especially when it comes to commercial jets.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

The su-22 is the export version of the su-17 "fitter" which has a service ceiling of 59,050 ft so its possible to attain the claimed height of 63,000 as he was low on fuel(less weight)and also used up ammunition ,again less weight .Remember he is chasing a ufo so some discrepancies in altitude could be attributed to the fact he was excited and scared.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

What you said maybe true to some extent, but we only have his word to go on, which for most people, especially the scientific minded types just isn't enough. How do you know he's not making it up. There's no evidence, just his word. Where's the cockpit video recordings of the encounter, where's the tesimonies of the other 1800 men including the commander who all saw this object? Surely they can't be too difficult to track down.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by kindred]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Interesting...

Would it ever come to an intergalatic exchange? We might lose at that one.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

One aspect of this report makes me think it's bogus that is the part where the pilot was ordered to fire on the object. They don't know what something is so they shoot it? It makes no sense or is the Peruvian air force really that ignorant?

Said object was unidentified and in secured airspace. I think normal would be to blow it up.
That said and no photos, radio communications, proof of any sort other than this guy seems like a solid individual! But they did have some time to observe said object.
I would love to believe, but until someone shows me something other than a mile away totally blurry in the dark picture of sasquatch…. Well I call fairytale too
Give me proof, this is not a Jesus or Elvis sighting plus I’m not a man of faith anyway.

(Edit)
And to boot this story is 30 years old?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by g146541]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by yeti101
so wheres the photos, video , radio communications you know Evidence? Peru hiding it? 2 hours nobody got a telescope and took a photo? The peruvian gvt may have the best evidence ever in their possesion.

Or the gun-camera footage. If he was within 300 feet of the object, the gun camera footage would conceivably be among the best of the UFO ever captured.

You know if people had the evidence (if it's real) and wanted to release it it would already be known to us. Coming to a post about someone's account of what happened and asking where is the footage, photos, radio comms...is almost like asking that we make some footage of what his brain saw. The guy had a story and Karl was kind enough to post what the guys story was. If you believe it fantastic, if not great too...but to all the people asking for evidence stop and take it for what it is...a guy telling people of an experience that happened to him.

Doesn't mean it's true, but if you are coming to these forums for proof of UFO's you're probably in the wrong place. Sorry if it seems like the post is just aimed at you two, but it's aimed at a lot of people who straight up ask for proof. If the thread was about proof we would be hitting national news not the ATS forums... It's a story/account like most things in this forum.

Edit: Also thanks Karl I like reading your posts, you provide interesting reading material while I'm at work.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by Everwatcher33]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rowsdowerr
All the best sightings seem to happen in the air. Especially when it comes to commercial jets.

Maybe that’s why they are called UFO’s and not USUV’s?
Dunno here it makes sense to me.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
What you said maybe true to some extent, but at the day the only thing we have to go on is his word, which for most people, especially the scientific minded types just isn't enough.

Kindred, granted there is only circumstantial evidence in the form of eyewitness testimony (and government documentary evidence) to substantiate this incident but if you look through the cases on this thread there are pilot incidents which involve (sometimes multiple) radar confirmation and/or electromagnetic interference effects - there are also cases where unknown objects have been witnessed by more than one aircraft and/or people on the ground.

Here are some interesting scientific reports on pilot UFO incidents - there are quite a few other credible reports here.

56 Pilot Sightings Involving Electromagnetic Effects

Aviation Safety in America: A Previously Neglected Factor

Other Technical Reports

Cheers.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is a great case and yes it was shown on UFO hunters along with an Iranian pilot that also shot at a UFO.

Cases like these where a pilot is actually order to intercept and shot a UFO are in my opinion some of the best evidence available.

I remember thinking at the time and still that this something everyone should know about but realizing that sadly that many don't.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

He made it to 63000 ft.

With all due respect mate, do not take the official figures as 'set in stone'.

The SR-71A 'BLACKBIRD', the MIG-25 'FOXBAT', the F-20 'TIGERSHARK' and the YF-23 'BLACKWIDOW II' are all mentioned to have flight envelopes that exceed what is officially published.

After talking to many military jet pilots over 25 years, I certainly am of the belief that an official flight envelope is not what many military aircraft are limited to, the official published figures account for safety amongst other factors.

The reality is usually between 10 and 20 percent higher than the offical published figures, and in some cases alot higher than this.

Keeping the SU-22 in the air at that altitude would have probably entailed using the afterburner, as he explained he ran out of fuel and had to glide it back partially.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Triangulum

One aspect of this report makes me think it's bogus that is the part where the pilot was ordered to fire on the object. They don't know what something is so they shoot it? It makes no sense or is the Peruvian air force really that ignorant?

Really? That's all it takes? I suppose you'd feel differently if an object was flying towards New York City or Washington DC. Said object being unidentifiable via visual observation, IFF or radio communication. How long would you like the Air Force to wait before trying to down the object?

T.

You mean like they didn't do during 9-11?

But that's beside the point.
If an unidentified and clearly ET vehicle is headed toward our cities I would hope they would confirm hostile intent before starting an intergalactic war that would surely get us vaporized. Any ETs that could come here from light years away undoubtedly have the technology to easily annihilate us. It would be foolish to fire on them.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

You beat me to it. It does seem silly to believe that the performance numbers found through civillian channels ie the internet etc.. on military craft and weaponry would be anything other than a number impressive enough to propogandize the ignorant masses. Of course the ceiling on the s22 is greater than that reported.

I mean why spend billions in top secret development to turn around and tell your potential enemies your hardwares capacities.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Everwatcher33

Quote:

"Doesn't mean it's true, but if you are coming to these forums for proof of UFO's you're probably in the wrong place. Sorry if it seems like the post is just aimed at you two, but it's aimed at a lot of people who straight up ask for proof. If the thread was about proof we would be hitting national news not the ATS forums... It's a story/account like most things in this forum."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually if I was a retired military person, government official, or even
an EBE, with something to disclose, I would probably disclose it here "first" before it either was ignored or laughed at by the MSM; knowing that at the very least, it would be paid attention to by persons who
are genuinely interested in these topics.... and even if it was only done as a "test" to determine reactions to same, before hitting the MSM.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

You and Skellon are exactly right. Specifications for military aircraft are always grossly underestimated. Why would you want your enemy to know exactly what your aircraft can do? For example, about the only published information that is exactly right regarding the aircraft type that I flew on for 20 years is the number of crew members. In addition, the aircraft manufacturers lay out self-imposed limitations which equal about 80% of the aircraft's true capability (to prolong component life) which can be exceeded if deemed necessary.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Everwatcher33

Great response, I like the way you think!

I am all for that kind of mentality, when it comes to dissecting stories like this. I mean how many posters, requesting for more evidence, Photos....etc... does it take to get that point across. I am down for skeptical thinking but, no need to over emphasis the point. He was just presenting this pilots case and letting everyone check it out for themselves, don't expect to come in here and find the holy grail of UFO evidence!

But, this story and many more like it are very interesting, but you truly don't know the validity of this man. None the less, i think it sounds legit, as far as I am concerned... But, then again who knows what the agenda the governments of the world are pushing....

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, thanks for posting that one mate -it's certainly an interesting watch and they go into quite some detail about the object's flight characteristics and government documents.

Incident 1:28

Government documents 1:19

Cheers.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
its obvious, there are other intelligent life forms, alien to this world or not, they have technology different from ours, difficult to understand by our standards, apparently more advanced.

they may have a more advanced culture than we but may not be the case, they may have went into a peaceful development but I don´t think this is the case, they may have advanced outposts in earths vicinity or they may have some sort of folding space technology.

they are probably much older than we but they may not even be an original species, they may be a creation, an enhancement of an older species, we could be in this situation or by natural selection a few abducted and modified individuals may have prevailed over the others...

and I really don´t expect to have answers to these conjectures, I know these are possibilities so I´m prepared for the day I realize I´m not special in this aging universe.

I will laugh when they disclose what they know because I already know more, because the facts they have are not needed for someone who tries to understand its place in this universe.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join