It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peruvian Air Force pilot shoots at UFO.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Has anyone hit a saucer.
Does it dent.
When powered up in control of the ether we might have a 'shields up'
situation.
Treky guys might be interested in that aspect of the Tesla ether craft.
Take something we have that has no ether control and go near
the ether controlled saucer like Mantel's aircraft.
We know the answer.
Bill Lyne's rifle was checked by the NM Sheriff's office due to a
reported shot at a saucer so who can tell what foolish people are out there.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

Hello cavscout11cav,

The aviation term max service ceiling is an indication of how high you can fly and still expect to be able to manuver,

including being able to continue to climb at 1000 feet per minute. You are corrrect that 63,000 for this aircraft is

difficult, but it not impossible for an experienced pilot.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Another excellent thread by Karl 12.

Would put this in the top 10 UAP incidents of all time.

If the UAP was an ET-designed planetary probe it would have been designed to deflect potentially damaging space debris moving at relative velocities much higher than those of the aircraft's 30 mm. shells. The UAP may have easily deflected the shells with its own propulsive force field. As Spikey pointed out, the pilot may have been mistaken in his belief that the UAP absorbed some of the shells.

The UAP's cream-coloured top, also observed in other cases, may have been an insulating feature designed to protect the craft's computing and control equipment from intense stellar radiation when surveying planets close to their parent stars. Many such planets have recently been spotted by the Kepler Space Telescope.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
Very interesting. I must say though, this is one heck of a pilot, he managed to get 16,415 ft above the max service ceiling of his aircraft with cannons attached to his wings.

That is some heck of flying there

He made it to 63000 ft.
Max service ceiling of SU-22 clean configuration 46,585 ft.

All publicly available maximum service ceiling for military aircraft doesn't tell you how high or how fast those aircraft indeed actually go. The Russians were and are still into injecting things into turbines for quick performance enhancers. Kinda like kids today with their rice burners and NOS bottles.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
He was hired to open fire on the UFO.....he did no damage to it...but....what kind of impression did he give? They hovered and observed us.....I think perhaps they would have been friendly.....but we were not...so why would any peaceable aliens want to contact us anymore........

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
reply to post by karl 12

What you said about other UFO sightings maybe true, I'm just referring to the lack of evidence in regards to this Peruvian incident and it's because of the lack of evidence that the case should be scrutinised more closely. A pilot's word alone is not enough for this case to be taken seriously, unless you can come up with other witnesses or other evidence, such as radar or cockpit recordings etc. These days there are plenty of con artists in ufology who will say and do anything simply to make money.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by kindred]

If you are the one who has the sighting, then your are the one buying to books to try and get a perspective on the
event. The writers are the people who are doing the research and writing the books.
edit on 19-5-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
that's a very intelligent "weather balloon"

still it was stupid on the pilot part to shoot at him, why would he do that

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartan1337
that's a very intelligent "weather balloon"

still it was stupid on the pilot part to shoot at him, why would he do that

The ' balloon' was in restricted airspace, obviously did not respond to any attempted communication, and as was stated in the OP there was a fear of espionage. For sure it would have been fired at given it was meant to be a ' balloon' that could possibly have had monitoring equipment onboard.
IMO anyways.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Interesting account indeed. This story was actually described in great detail in Leslie Kean's book. If this is real, I would think that this aerial device probably didn't know the plane had a mechanical weapons system so when he fired on it, there was no jamming since his weaponry was all mechanical. Get it?

So maybe the first set of rounds took the UAP by surprise and it couldn't/didn't get out of the way in time so it had to absorb/deflect the rounds. The next time the pilot was about to fire on it, the device moved out of the way as to not take a direct hit.

It was interesting to note that every time the pilot had locked on to the target and was about to fire, it would move upwards and out of the way. Telepathy involved? Or maybe it knew something of the mechanical systems involved? Not sure.

Creepy story indeed but again, if real, was a damn good UFO/AUP story.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I know I'm posting this really late, but I have recently found another case where a UFO was fired upon—this time with a more damaging effect.

GI Fires Upon an Unidentified Aerial Object

Following is a transcript of an interview between Mr. Francis P. Wall, a private first class in the U.S. Army during the Korean War and Mr. John Timmerman who is Project Manager for the photo exhibit of the J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies in the Fall of 1987. It has not been edited in any way. This interesting event began at dusk and ended at about 9 pm local time.

"This event that I am about to relate to you is the truth, so help me God. (Note 1) It happened in the early Spring of 1951 in the country of Korea. We were in the Army infantry. I was in the 25th Division, 27th Regiment, 2nd Battalion, "Easy" Company (note 2). We were in what is known on the military maps as the Iron Triangle, near Chorwon. We were to the left of Chorwon, just across the mountain ridge from this city - town - whatever you want to call it. It is night. We are located upon the slopes of a mountain, between the fingers of a mountain as they as they run down toward the valley below where there is a Korean village. Previously we have sent our men into this village to warn the populous that we are going to bombard it with artillery. Upon this night that I'm talkin' about, we were doin' just that. We had aerial artillery bursts comin' in. And we suddenly noticed down, with the mountains to our backs, we noticed on our right-hand side what appeared to be a jack-o-lantem come wafting down across the mountain. And at first no one thought anything about it. So we noticed that this thing continued on down to the village to where, indeed, the artillery air bursts were exploding. And we further noted, by the way, it had an orange glow in the beginning, we further noticed that this object would get right into... it was that quick that it could get into the center of an airburst of artillery and yet remain unharmed. And, subsequently, this time element on this, I can't recall exactly, I would say anywhere from, oh, forty-five minutes to an hour all told." Figure 6 is a sketch of the object made for the author by the witness on May 10, 1989.

"But then this object approached us. And it turned a blue-green brilliant light. It's hard to distinguish the size of it, there's no way to compare it. It pulsated. The light, that is, was pulsating. It wasn't, ah, regular. Alright, this object approached us. I asked for and received permission from Lt. Evans, our company commander at that time (note 3), to fire upon this object, of which I did with an M-l rifle with armor-piercing bullets, or rounds in it. And I did hit it. It must have been metallic because you could hear when the projectile slammed into it.

"Now why do you say, why would that, ah, bullet damage this craft if the artillery rounds didn't? I don't know unless they had dropped their protective field around 'em, or whatever. That this, ah, technology envisions, that they had to protect it. But the object went wild and it... the light was goin' on and off and it went off completely once, briefly. And it was moving erratically from side to side as though it might crash to the ground. Then, a sound, which we had heard no sound previous to this, the sound of, like of, ah, you've heard diesel locomotives revving up. (Note 4) That's the way this thing sounded. And, then, we were attacked, I guess you would call it. In any event, we were swept by some form of a ray that was emitted in pulses, in waves that you

From this book (pages 18 and 19)

ETA: there is also a cool sketch of the object made by the eyewitness in that same section

edit on 1-4-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lowneck

Would put this in the top 10 UAP incidents of all time..

I'ts certainly up there mate
- as part of his ongoing series of interviews with South American Military Officials, A. J. Gevaerd discusses this case with Peruvian Air Force Colonel Julio Chamorro and it may be an extra bit of useless information but it seems at the time of the UFO incident over the airbase, it was full of Soviet military installing defense apparatus:

In Peru, yesterday, I interviewed retired Peruvian Air Force Colonel Julio Chamorro, who is now a flight navigator with a cargo company that operates flights to the Peruvian Amazon in Antonovs. Chamorro was the man who initiated the process of creation, from 1999 to 2001, of the Air Force's Oficina de Investigacion de Fenomenos Anomalos Aeroespaciales (OIFAA), an office to receive reports of UFO sightings, centralize and co-ordinate their investigations and inform the population. It was all official.

One such installations is the La Joya Air Force Base, in Arequipa, in the deserts of south of Peru. It was there that fighter pilot Oscar Santa Maria made his astounding pursuit of a UFO at close range, in the 80s. I have learned that the base was full of Soviet military at that time, as part of Peruvian-Soviet Union agreements to perform military operations in the country, including training and installation of defense apparatus...

link

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Compelling story. I love how the military's first reaction is to shoot at it, then when that doesn't work they just kinda say "ehh, screw it" and leave it there.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiretolive

Compelling story. I love how the military's first reaction is to shoot at it, then when that doesn't work they just kinda say "ehh, screw it" and leave it there.

Conspiretolive, thanks for the reply and yes the report is a pretty compelling one, especially as it's backed up by a U.S. Department of Defense document (although the U.S. Government claims it stopped collecting information about UFOs in 1969).

It also seems it's not just the military who nearly (or do) open fire on unidentified flying objects -here are some other police reports where officers have almost fired at UFOs.

Red Bluff UFO Incident, August, 1960:

CHP Officers C. A. Carson and S. Scott driving East at 2300 on a back road South of Red bluff suddenly sighted what they first took to be an aircraft about to crash just ahead of them. Pulling their patrol car to a rapid stop and jumping out to be ready to render whatever assistance they could, they were astonished to see the long metallic looking object abruptly reverse its initial steep descent, climb back up to several hundred feet altitude and then hover motionless.

Next it came silently towards them until, as Officer Carson put it to me, "It was in easy pistol range". They had their pistols ready and were debating to fire when it stopped..

Thread

The Exeter UFO Encounter, New Hampshire - Sept. 3, 1965:

"What did you guys do when you saw that thing?" I asked.

"Well, it seemed to tilt and come right at us. Norman told me later that I was yelling, 'I'll shoot it! I'll shoot it!' I did automatically drop on one knee and drew my service revolver, but I didn't shoot."

Thread

Police UFO/USO Case from Tocopilla, Chile, September, 1971:

The colonel reveals, for instance, that the sergeant walked towards the cliff armed with a rifle. "When he arrived to the place where he couldn't advance further (the edge of the cliff), the sergeant yelled toward the sea; not obtaining a response he made a series of shots towards the luminous object, states the second report. "Suddenly, this object moved extremely fast in the direction of the rocky cliff, arriving at a distance no more than 50 meters from the place where the police were."

Thread

The Portage County Incident, Ohio - April 17, 1966:

Wilbur "Barney" Neff - Police auxiliary

When the Ravenna radio operator suggested to Neff that he take a shot at the UFO, Neff replied that it was like nothing he'd ever seen before, and implied he'd rather not try shooting.

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Baloney balloon explanation.

Peruvian Air force General informs UFO researcher that the incident had been a 'mistake'.

The general was courteous, but in answer to my questions about the attempt to shoot down a UFO, he explained patiently that a mistake had been made, there had been no UFO and what was seen was only "meteorological balloons."

I thought it was odd that those fighter pilots would try to shoot down balloons and that the chief defense attaché at the U.S. Embassy would bother the Defense Intelligence Agency, the NSA, the CIA, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the State Department over something so seemingly trivial.

Great balls Of Fire

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

They don't know what something is so they shoot it? It makes no sense or is the Peruvian air force really that ignorant?

The motto: Shoot first, ask questions later. Lol

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
These Aliens must love us...
i mean, if you had the technology to travel vast distances, say for a Sunday outing with your kids, and when you get to your destination you find yourself being pursued and fired upon by a bunch of trigger happy hicks, would you make a date to come back because it made a exciting Sunday for your Kids, or would you make plans to have these pesky varmints reported and taught a lesson (at a later date) they'll never forget..??

These welcome committees scare the hell out of me, i hope our visitors are keeping a score card on who's doing what to who when it comes to retribution time....

ordinary Joe 1
Military 0

and i hope they are a fair bunch and note the difference between "Us and Them" .
:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
thanks for this post karl

i wonder why he didnt experince hostile act from the UFo after he shoot it.. UFO at corales attack hunters who shot at it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i re-read some of vallee's book and found out interesting pattern :

- UFO attack people that show aggresion towards them, symptom including direct attack using light-ray, low flying / agresive maneuver , paralyzing people or Electro Magnetic Jamming to electronics..

- UFO seem to bait people into focusing their attention to them first, then after they got people's attention they start to do their 'routine' doing crazy maneuvre, moving closer to witnesses, scaring people

- UFO seem to prefer darkness , or dusk/dawn , the traditional hours for ghost / faerie / paranormal thingy. Is this UFO phenomena a new packaging for the old ghost phenomena ? tailored to modern scientific mind who dont believe in ghost and fairies anymore ?

- UFO appearance near large body of water, witness the Yukon UFO, Lago de Cota photo, Ingo Swann's UFO in Alaska, Giant Pyramidal UFO in Pelotas above a lake, 3 UFO accosting a small plane above mexico's lake, numerous USO/UFO, UFO terrorizing belem/corales amazon riverine..

i feel that this peruvian pilot got lucky , he dont end up vaporized or jammed like iranian pilots.. or maybe because he use a cannon not a radar controlled missile ? SU-22 is pretty decent but kinda outdated as far as avionics goes.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Or the gun-camera footage. If he was within 300 feet of the object, the gun camera footage would conceivably be among the best of the UFO ever captured.

That is a good question -maybe the CIA and NSA were asking (or could answer) the same question whilst compiling reports about a subject they pretend to have no interest in.

Following on from this point it's interesting to note that not one frame of gun camera UFO footage has ever been released and declassified by the U.S. Government (or the Peruvian Government) -there's a thread here which deals with the subject and also mentions specific cases where military aircraft have been scrambled to intercept UFOs.. so where's the footage?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Great point.

Has the pilot mentioned whether or not the plane even had a gun camera? Do we know whether or not that model of Soviet plane deployed in Peru normally had a functioning gun camera in those days?

Of course, if really pressed they could claim it was broken or had no film in that particular case or that the film was overexposed, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join