It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Experts Warn Of Meltdown 2010 : Martial Law : Economic Collapse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So, Ameritrade mysteriously let me in with no problem now that the market is closed. Earlier the problem was not the typical server problem. The problem was that the system kept telling me my password or username was wrong. When I called in to them, they were aware of the issue and it was system wide? How does the system lose everyone's password and username?

Anyway, I was planning on selling a couple of stocks today. My portfolio lost 8% today while I did not have access, and each of my stocks are trading even lower in after hours trading, so I put orders in to sell first thing in the morning.

I have a feeling that I will not be the only one doing that exact same thing, so be prepared for a HUGE drop first thing in the morning. I haven't decided yet if I will immediately buy up some stuff as the market falls, or if I will take my cash and buy more bullets and rice, LOL!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There is also the fact that unless you are an ace of all trades there are resources which you can't produce but other people have a skill in making them. For example, do you know how to make cheese? or how to make bread? Are you a doctor? a dentist? If you had a large family, and if every member of your family was skilled at something different you might not have a need for any type of currency. But this is not the case for most people. Eventually you will need to visit a dentist, or a doctor, or will have the need for any other trades you don't have any skill on.

If you have the need for a doctor, and that doctor does not have land, what use is it to him/her to get a goat for his/her services?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
>> That makes the MOST sense to me -- either the PTB wants to keep the system from collapsing, because with the status quo -- THEIR money has value. If the Dollar collapses, everything they've stolen is useless.

Not when they have bought large amounts of silver, gold, and other precious metals.

Just do a search on the large amounts of silver and gold which have been bought by the elites as well as countries like China, Russia, etc.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
All of the predictions in the media right now seem to be all over the spectrum.

My question is, should I continue with my plan to reroof my home, or should invest in ammunition and sand bags??

I think I can still return my two skids of Certainteed Landmark Special 50 yr shingles if the economy goes south, but I've got to now.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 6EQUJ5

My question is, should I continue with my plan to reroof my home, or should invest in ammunition and sand bags??

I think I can still return my two skids of Certainteed Landmark Special 50 yr shingles if the economy goes south, but I've got to now.

Reroof the house.

Ammunition should be bought a little out of each payday to not raise red flags.

I am now buying canned and frozen seafood. It may not be edible or available for long!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That is a conspiracy in itself. Everyone password and username all locked out, Why? To keep you out and control the market.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
BTW, just think about this. What do you think is going to happen for example in the U.S. with the economy of the gulf states, and states like Florida, and even most of the eastern coast of the U.S. in the next few weeks as the spilled oil gets moved up in the North Atlantic conveyor belt all the way to the northeast?... You think the economy of those states will get better or worse?

There is a real possibility that AT LEAST tourists will be evacuated from the areas which will be affected, which means billions of dollars lost in tourism.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks for the tip on the seafood. However, I purchase imitation crab meat at my grocery store. I don't believe there's ANY real seafood in it, so I doubt there's any danger of a drop in supply due to oil spillage(s).

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
MASS quantities of large bags of rice into grocery stores. I'm curious, is this happenning in stores around your area? The bags i guess weigh about 30 pounds or more. This is happenning in strores all around here in MN. hmmmmm.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ever think that perhaps this is a sort of domino effect?

One person says something is going happen, and it seems reasonable in a sense. So EVERYONE starts saying it. Except they all put their own spin on it, perhaps to cater to their intended audience.

Sort of like how theres as many apocalypse predictions as there are people in this world, and each of them is different in some way.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The rice, the rice. So much rice, what on earth are they going to do with it all? 30 and 50 pound bags. Who is going to buy a 50 pound bag of rice? Come on, whats wrong with this picture?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I have a feeling that I will not be the only one doing that exact same thing, so be prepared for a HUGE drop first thing in the morning. I haven't decided yet if I will immediately buy up some stuff as the market falls, or if I will take my cash and buy more bullets and rice, LOL!

It's chill, if the world ends tomorrow we can watch it on CNBC

I'd bake ya a cake or something but I think I'm gaining too much weight already. I hate being preggers.

Rule 48 in effect for sure tomorrow! I personally think you should just go to your local coffee house, buy a drink and chill. We will all be ok.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Is this movie coming out this summer ? *grab some popcorn* it's gonna be a blockbuster.

btw check this link, sorry it's in french but use an online translator if you want. This was from 2006 and they predict the same thing for 2007 and nothing happened.

www.alterinfo.net...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Kaynos]

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Kaynos]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I did not see Tyler Durden with Zero Hedge listed.
www.zerohedge.com...
You can add his name to the list.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
These are the threads that put the fear of God in me. I am not prepared in the least, so should the SHTF, I'll be at the mercy of the waves. It takes money to prepare, and well, that's something that has been hard to come by the last couple years since I was laid off from my career job.

I'm starting a new job, and I hope that I'll have a little time to get some canned goods and water at least. I'm just along for the ride.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
MASS quantities of large bags of rice into grocery stores. I'm curious, is this happenning in stores around your area? The bags i guess weigh about 30 pounds or more. This is happenning in strores all around here in MN. hmmmmm.

ok nothing to see there. in any way you want to spin the conspiracy 30lb or 50lb bags or rice don't mean squat. why would they feed you if their intent was to depopulate the earth?

i don't know if you've ever noticed but their are items that have grown in size over the last 20years while others have shrunk. its profit for the stores.

Don't buy frozen food, you're wasting money. what if tomorrow there is a black out that last days. your frozen supply will becom more useless each time you open the fridge.

Like an other poster said before we should not fear a market colapse, 1 bcs the stock market was invented in the 12th century, we managed to live before that. 2 its a simple erase button for everyone at the top to simply get rich again.

while it may hard at first humans will surpass this problem, simple evolution.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Focus on your home! No need to let fear mongering take over your life. This is what the right wing media wants from you.

When Bush was president, it was terrorism that we should fear. Now Obama is in office, the righties are telling us to be afraid of our own president.

Nice people huh

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have been hearing these types of predictions for 3 years. Personally, if it doesn't happen this year then I'm just going to roll the dice and stop preparing because if I have to eat one more damn bowl of rice and beans I might get mistaken for an illegal immigrant. My bedroom looks like a silversmith shop from all the 75% off sales that I have gone to.

I'm ready, so I'm just going to party and enjoy what could be the last summer as we know it. I suggest everyone else do the same. Soak life of every drop you can. My first step will be cracking open a beer, fireing up the grill, throwing on a steak and enjoying a cool spring evening.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by TheRoadLessTraveled]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What if all this doom and gloom was just a way to get people to go out and shop more? I like the fact that the OP discredited Webbots, as Webbots get most of their "information" from the searches being done and what people are typing online.

We recovered from the 1929 collapse, and we will recover again. There is no scary NWO Illuminati group running the show. I used to run around Chicken Little like some of the readers in this thread. Look at these sources, more specifically these "prophets" and "future readers" and their accuracy rates. You'll see that they are fake and trying to make a quick buck. AKA they are scamming you.

These kinds of threads irk me more than any other on ATS. It is fear mongering at best, and causes people to panic. The average American is struggling as it is to get by during turbulent times, they don't need to be bombarded by these 24 "experts" who are quacks when it comes to saying things like this.

Remember this, the American dollar is backed today by peoples trust and faith in it since it is run by the Federal Reserve. By telling people to do this, you are almost ensuring that this terrible things happen. What if the Conspiracy nuts are actually the ones exacerbating the situation by running around with Tin Foil Hats on?

By twittering reports these experts give, telling your friends and family to take their money out of the FDIC insured banks, and all of the other quack advice... You are causing more turmoil than good.

Call me a dis-info agent. I don't care. You can read my old posts from when I first joined ATS or any of my old threads and see that I was just as ridiculous as anyone who would call me such.

I am not saying that we do not have rough times ahead, following market trends any half-witted individual could make such a connection. But I am not scaring people into thinking Martial Law will be imposed, that terrorists will attack, that the Government will go against their word on FDIC and screw us over, talk about 'inside connections who know Illuminati elite' and so on.

Would an inner-circle Illuminati elite (if they even existed) tell their dark evil plans? I'm sure it was just a spy we on ATS put into there to fool them and extract sensitive information.

Guys, listen. It is important to question your government and not buy into everything that they tell you. But please, PLEASE record what you are saying and play it back and tell me that hearing it aloud doesn't make you sound like a complete nutcase? Think before you drink the kool-aid these experts are dishing out. Because when conditions do get worse, and the sky hasn't fallen, you will be responsible for all the money you spent on doom and gloom and your fall out shelters and your MRE's and everything else you bought.

Let the flaming begin...

-Sliadon

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Focus on your home! No need to let fear mongering take over your life. This is what the right wing media wants from you.

When Bush was president, it was terrorism that we should fear. Now Obama is in office, the righties are telling us to be afraid of our own president.

Nice people huh

you are correctamundo my friend. live your life the way you want to.

the stock market is a scam anyway, speculating on other people's debt and betting against win or lose each quarter. that is called gambling in Vegas and should not be the base of our system.

And don't buy into the whole buying gold hype, you're only adding fuel to the fire for those who own all of the gold which in turn they will buy from you again when prices drop in huge amounts and then sell in small amount when prices rise again. unless you have physical gold in your hands don't waste your money.

You're better off dumpster diving and collecting broken laptop and pc's. chips have gold in them and people throw those away everyday, just take the time to take em appart. by the time the world falls appart
you'll have a decent supply which you didn't pay for.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join