It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Experts Warn Of Meltdown 2010 : Martial Law : Economic Collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How many points will be knocked off worldwide stock exchanges when California defaults (or gets bailed out with printed money)?

Everyone knows that Cali is a basket case and the fall of the world's 6th largest economy is going to pull lots of stuff with it.

Everyone knows, not just 24, not just experts.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have at a bad feeling that S*** is going to hit the fan and my feelings for the most part have been true. Every Pay Check I have been stocking up on food, water, and ammo for months, almost to the point of braking myself of any extra cash for fun.

If the market crashes be ready for trading as the most valuble assest!

Good luck to you all and please start getting ready!

-Camaro

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

Keep drinking that coolaid... Even Ghandi wrote in his autobiography:

Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.
Gandhi, An Autobiography, p. 446 (Beacon Press paperback edition)

Every time the people in a country were disarmed they were made into SLAVES...yet there are people like you who haven't learnt this yet, and that shows you need to pick up a few history books to awaken from your ignorance.

An example of British thinking in colonial times:

"No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion." --James Burgh (Political Disquisitions: Or, an Enquiry into Public Errors, Defects, and Abuses) [London, 1774-1775]

And thoughts (on this subject) of the man who wanted to rule the world:

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed the subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty." -- Adolf Hitler (H.R. Trevor-Roper, Hitler's Table Talks 1941-1944)

The leaders of our freedom struggle recognised this, even Gandhi the foremost practitioner of passive resistance and non-violence had this to say about the British policy of gun-control in India:

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi (An Autobiography OR The story of my experiments with truth, by M.K. Gandhi, p.238)

www.abhijeetsingh.com...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Lets see here.....

Economic collapse...

People lose everything....

Rich loose a percentage....

Rich come in and buy up everything pennies on the dollar....

People build up wealth again.....

Rinse and repeat.....

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Zaanny]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The thing I hate about trends forecasters, and people who try to predict the future in general, is that they assume that everyone has to operate within a certain set of rules. The world we live in has ditched the rules a long long time ago - meaning the people in power have free reign to do almost anything they please - open "discount windows" or elaborate borrowing schemes that most people can't figure out (but is just another ruse to pump monopoly money into the system). This is what gives the system such ridiculous resilience.

At first, the markets were supposed to implode in the early 2000's.. Then 2007, 2008, 2009, now everyone is worried about this fall, next year, etc, etc, etc.

If the system ever comes crashing down, it will be because honest people set honest rules and enforced them (or when the powers that be want to crash it). Until that happens (honest people in DC? lol... I'm so silly), you can just kiss your standard of living goodbye.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Martial Law was also predicted to take place when Bush was president.

Another theory, another president. Next one in office, there will be just as many predictions on martial law and how the government wants to kill us.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Ameritrade is down right now? I just got off the phone with them and they told me they are in "red alert right now." They don't know why they are down, and the guy I spoke with said he has never seen this happen before!

The DOW is going down, down, down.

The internet is working slow today, and my computers at work have gone down several times as well?

Where is ATS on this thing? Are we missing something?

Chill, ATS has been predicting a stock market crash every week for pretty much the last 6 months. When it happens you will be the first to know. Dow is at -230 as I type this.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

And people like you were claiming "there is nothing going to happen to the economy"... and here we are...millions have lost their jobs, the situation in Europe is worse than in the U.S. as for example unemployment in countries like Spain is at 20% if not more, but we are catching up...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The world economic system is highly interdependent and extremely delicate. We recently saw how the collapse of a single financial institution (Lehman Bros), which was largely engineered by naked short sellers, almost imploded the entire world system. That was no chance occurance, it was the result of a deliberate attack by shadowy hedge funds.

The current economic system will inevitably collapse. It was designed to collapse, because the only way the economy can grow in this system is by expanding debt.

Every dollor is a note--an issuance of credit, so the more dollars in existence, the more debt there is, and there is always interest attached to that debt, which exceeds the total amount of dollars in existence. This is how the system was set up, and those who designed it were not idiots. They knew, without a doubt, that some day the debt would exceed the ability of anyone to pay it back, hence--collapse.

The question is who benefits from an economic collapse? The answer should be obvious. The beneficiaries will be the Federal Reserve (the primary issuer of credit and debt) and the major banks that own the Federal Reserve (and the other central banks around the world).

When you default on a debt, the collateral put up to secure that debt goes to the lendor. Hence, when the global collapse occurs, paper money will become worthless, but the vast majority of real property in the world will fall into the hands of the ruthless banks, which set up the system in the first place (with the complicty of corrupt politicians).

As Carrol Quigley wrote in "Tragedy and Hope" (Quigely was Bill Clinton's mentor at Georgetown University, and was mentioned by name in Clinton's inaugural address):

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world’s central banks which were themselves private corporations.”

This plan is about to come to fruition. Whether or not they will, in the final analysis) succeed in creating a new feudal system (lords and serfs) remains to be seen. I dont think it will work out in the long run.
But I do believe that this cabal is about to pull the plug on the current system, so that they can give it a shot.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The million dollar question is "which way does it go?" Meltup or Meltdown?

If you believe Celente, then we are headed for hyperinflation, and, i would be able to pay my loans back in inflated dollars.
Bankers do not want inflation; as it takes away the "equity" in cash. Tangibles or the things you can put your hands on skyrocket in prices along with interest rates. I remember the 21% rates of the 70's.

During the Great Depression, we had massive deflation. In this scenario cash is king and anyone owing money on anything is screwed as the value of the asset is much less than the loan.

So, we have conflicting advice. Some experts are saying, "Sell everything and become liquid!(cash)" If you are stuck with cash in hyperinflation--you get screwed.

Others are saying prepare for inflation. If you are in cash or depend on a fixed income for retirement, you are screwed. By inflating the dollar, the real estate crisies ends-the loans get paid back; and, social secrurity remains solvent; however, you won't be able to buy anything with your proceeds. Also, in this scenario-the lawsuits begin to wane from all the chicanery.

If we have hyperinflation, watch real estate go through the roof again.

Either way it goes, some will win and some will lose.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse Tell that to all the mothers who children were shot and killed walking home from school because some thug wanted to become a gang member .A majority of people that are killed by guns are Innocent people and young children......Guns always end up in the wrong hands.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ogbert

During the Great Depression, we had massive deflation. In this scenario cash is king and anyone owing money on anything is screwed as the value of the asset is much less than the loan.

Well, considering ole King of the Turbo 3000, Mr. Ben Bernake has already stated he will drop dollars out of helicopters before he sees deflation-I don't think we are gonna see deflation. I actually did send Bennie an e-mail in which i gave him my address and told him he was more than welcome to drop it off at my house. Haven't seen the copter yet though, kinda disappointed.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ogbert
The million dollar question is "which way does it go?" Meltup or Meltdown?

How about chaos?

How about a deflation in wages and earnings with an inflation in commodities? Imagine having no job and $8.00 a gallon gasoline.

How about a total collapse in retirement pensions(so old people have to work again), no jobs, and $8.00 a gallon gasoline?

How about farmers losing their lands, no food, no jobs, and $8.00 a gallon gasoline?

How about entire states defaulting, civil service going out on strike, rampant crime because of no jobs, and $8.00 a gallon gasoline?

It's not whether it is a "meltup" or meltdown, its that society is in danger of MELTING.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I always love these gloom and doom threads. I wouldn't doubt that the S is going to hit the fan one of these days, but what is someone like me supposed to do? I have a very young daughter and wife to take care of. I don't have buckets of cash lying around to buy supplies and stockpile food. The only thing I've really invested in are common metals (brass and lead).

Looks like I'm screwed. Not as screwed as the goons who come to take my stuff, though.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Originally posted by wayno
Reading through all of those mini reports and watching the Bob Chapman video, I come to a slightly different conclusion on things.

What is becoming crystal clear is the extent to which the "bankster" moniker has been well deserved. The need to end that tyranny is at hand.

It ain't going to be easy or pleasant, but it will be necessary. The collapse of the economic system will be a good thing. We should not bemoan the destruction of that evil system.

Some of the reports spoke of a rebirth in "American" ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit to come up with a new and legitimate way of not only "surviving" but improving the way we live our lives.

We hate the current system; yet we fear its demise. We shouldn't. It has to to be torn apart. The banksters need to go down so the rest of us can begin to have a life.

I don't think the new system will be something we will want. The same PTB that are bringing down the current system will be the same PTB that bring in the new system. They are all about control.

Think - Cashless society
Think - RFID or plastic only
Think - Everything you do will be tracked
Think - Be part of the new system or starve
Think - TPTB will use force to eliminate nonconformists

...or, maybe not.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

And people like you were claiming "there is nothing going to happen to the economy"... and here we are...millions have lost their jobs, the situation in Europe is worse than in the U.S. as for example unemployment in countries like Spain is at 20% if not more, but we are catching up...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

Just curious, when did I ever predict nothing bad would happen to the economy?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
When the economy hit rock bottom...

Here's what i did! I started my own crops and bought me some seeds of various kind, mainly for the fun of it but as far as the foodstorage goes i have enough potatoes for many many years and other organic food.

cucumbers, carrots, onions, pumpkins, potatoes, corn and so on and so on. My land of disposal is aprox 100x75 feet, located on my own property, not much, but ull be amazed how much food you can produce on such small piece of land.
The food is healthy and never ending when you use the new seeds from each crop. I'll make it some what bigger next year and start put some seeds in stock.

When it all come arround i cant probably sell my gold nor eat it. The gasprice might be redicculous high so i cant drive to buy me some pharmacuiticals if needed, hence the organic food for health.

Fresh water might be the biggest problem, maby some decades from now.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Why?

Why would they collapse the system? What is the point?

It's not that they will collapse the system they have no choice its the simple math of fiat currency, it is inevitable and all the ups and downs of the manipulated markets are a taking of wealth. They are squeezing every last dime they can out of the economy and suckers because they know one of these times they will not be able to manipulate it back up They manipulate it down then buy and then manipulate it up and sell. People need to get out now and put thier money in hard assets like preparedness!

All these elites have all divested out of the markets largely, and they are only playing with paper now to manipulate. Why do you think they are buying up all the real gold and silver etc? Even those commercials you see on TV now "to send us your old gold" Are fronts for the banks and even the government mint. THEY KNOW WHAT COMING And the dollar is on borrowed time and has been for the last two years.

It's never going to be the same again our society is a corps and we are like maggots living off a dead corps of a society as it crumbles to the dust. It will not sustain us much longer. Be prepared for it or you will most likely perish in the great die off when the last vestiges of society fall!

OP you should add Ron Paul in there and Jim Rodgers. Ron Paul has been calling this accurately for decades

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well,I saw this coming along time ago.

It was every time I read of a company closing factories laying people off and sending jobs over to China.

I just couldn't understand how a nation with as many permanently unemployed and the loss of the tax bases of large companies,sustain itself.

The unlimited,unregulated use of credit to create a false impression of stability also gave me a sick feeling.

Our children and grandchildren are all doomed.

Whenever I read threads like this I wanna run out and buy cases of water

Why would anyone knowing that money maybe tight,purchase with hard earned money something that comes out of a tap for almost free.

If our Great grandparents generation walked in to a store and saw bottles of water being sold next to sodas,they would have howled with laughter.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
reply to post by ElectricUniverse Tell that to all the mothers who children were shot and killed walking home from school because some thug wanted to become a gang member .A majority of people that are killed by guns are Innocent people and young children......Guns always end up in the wrong hands.

No the majority of people killed by guns are crooks criminals and gang members killing each other. Innocent people and small children while tragic barely even registered as fraction of a percentage. Stop believing the media BS.

Armed citizens stop more crime in America then all LE combined that includes local state and federal. Usually because they were the intended victims. media never reports the thousands of lives saved regularly by armed citizens. Doctors kill more people then guns do!

Simple logic Tells us gun control and gun banning is a crock. If gun control worked LA and NY city (which have some of the strictest gun laws in the country) would be some of the safest places on the planet when in fact they are some of the most dangerous. NY City has a higher murder rate the Baghdad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join