It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona dares L.A. to carry out boycott [Updated]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Penumbra
Illegal Immigrants need not apply...

Im pretty sure that anyone against the law is pretty much against it because its going to force discrimination. You can't just ask a person to hand over their papers because they seem to be an illegal immigrant.

The air has a pre civil war with a little bit of Nazi Germany feel to it..

I am perplexed by your understanding of our laws even before the Arizona law was signed.

Let me ask you one thing? Have you read the Law or are you like those many Kool Aid Drinkers like Obama, Pelosi, Holder, Napolitano, Lets jump the cliff together, etc etc that follow the masses without ever reading the laws?

I think I take it you haven't read the law escpecially the carefullly crafted Arizona Law, which states that a lawful interaction can only deem it necessary for papers to be asked. Not because you look Illegal.

By the way how does one look Illegal, are the dressed a certain way, it sure can not be based on skin tone as I am brown, but I a citizen with a little bit of accent. But is there way to pick out an Illegal from the crowd? Please formulate your own opinions after reading the facts and don't be a blind follower.

If you still end up going against it, that is your choice but you are on the wrong side of fence...literally

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm sure I'll be called all sorts of names since that seems to be the allowed trend on ATS these days.

I agree with those saying this is childish. That's exactly what it is. What are they going to solve with all this arguing back and forth? "I'mma boycott you...No I'mma boycott YOU". Cali really doesn't have any business saying anything to Arizona, but I will say people need to stop getting up in arms and furthering a fight that shouldn't be happening. I'm not going to boycott anyone.

Generally, when adults have a problem they sit down and talk. At the end of that discussion there is normally an agreement. Most of the time this involves compromise. Now, I know this might seem a little foreign to people out there since this is the U.S and everything seems to be "My way or the highway" these days, but hey, the truth of the matter is nothing will be solved be the extremes of both sides. It's tough to be a moderate in this day and age. Everyone is screaming at you because you don't go with the extreme side of either argument. The sad truth of the matter is the problem will not be solved by the radicals in both camps fighting. With that I'm done with these threads, tired of all the fighting and negativity with not one shred of hope for an actual workable solution.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Workable solution? Arizona offered and is implementing the solution. Federal Fat Cats should have been doing their job in the first place instead playing basketball or canoeing.

Ah, so you do not like the Arizona solution because you think it is not workable.
I think it is already working as the majority have started to pack up bags are fleeing to the sanctuary havens. If you reside in such sanctuary havens, please enjoy the burden.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I said nothing about the Arizona law. Quit making assumptions
www.foxnews.com...

This is what it is coming to. Really, how stupid can both sides get here? You know how many people are caught in the middle? This is disgusting. People need to cook, clean and eat and they need power to do that. Both sides need to grow up and that's the end of it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

*snip*

You are doing nothing more than hurting the people that live here. Why? It's not our fault, we didn't do a thing to get you mad at us. Why do something because you're mad at the government idiots for not doing their jobs?

*Sighs* What's the point, most of you fools won't listen.

mod edit: removed personal attack

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Duzey]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by antonia

Workable solution? Arizona offered and is implementing the solution. Federal Fat Cats should have been doing their job in the first place instead playing basketball or canoeing.

Ah, so you do not like the Arizona solution because you think it is not workable.
I think it is already working as the majority have started to pack up bags are fleeing to the sanctuary havens. If you reside in such sanctuary havens, please enjoy the burden.

The "Arizona solution" doesn't really resolve anything. All it does is give the local LE the right to ask for proof of citizenship if a person is stopped in the act of commiting a crime or infraction. Kinda the flip side of the sanctuary cities.

Here is were the devide and conquer is working great. The illegals flock to the sanctuary cities. "True americans" rally behind AZ and states that are anti-sanctuary and probably leave sanctuary cities.

Slowly turn up the heat till things boil over or until they offer the "solution".

[edit on 19-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
i wonder if this will lead to civil war between states, there is alot of emotion in the air over immigration, we are just beginning to recover from the recession and now we start to fight each other and make it all worst, its a shame :-(

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by prionace glauca

I said nothing about the Arizona law. Quit making assumptions
www.foxnews.com...

This is what it is coming to. Really, how stupid can both sides get here? You know how many people are caught in the middle? This is disgusting. People need to cook, clean and eat and they need power to do that. Both sides need to grow up and that's the end of it.

The only people stupid are the one promoting boycotts and in tune with the philosophy and politics of the people behind the boycotts. So I pretty much know where your alliance from the many other threads regarding Arizona's Law.

Arizona has been forced to deal its hand as a bunch political hags in KaliPHOnya keep throwing tantrums. If you care to read the letter Mr. Pierce wrote you might find it very enlightening as to how maturely he handled himself unlike the dancing puppets promoting more boycotts.

As for the people stuck in the middle, last I checked the majority of people support the Arizona Laws, not only in AZ but nationwide. This is a democracy right? Oh wait you don't believe in majorities unless it panders to your philosophy. Got it,

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There ya go! I hope AZ sticks this out and shuts off the power. The idea that Arizona's enforcing of Federal Immigration Laws is something that should be boycotted by the politically correct masses is a sad indicator that much of the nation is not simply ignorant to what's going on here, but are also racist themselves, and unable to believe in the value of equal enforcement and treatment under the law... no matter what your skin color is.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
The "Arizona solution" doesn't really resolve anything. All it does is give the local LE the right to ask for proof of citizenship if a person is stopped in the act of commiting a crime or infraction. Kinda the flip side of the sanctuary cities.

Here is were the devide and conquer is working great. The illegals flock to the sanctuary cities. "True americans" rally behind AZ and states that are anti-sanctuary and probably leave sanctuary cities.

Slowly turn up the heat till things boil over or until they offer the "solution".

The divide and conquer is being initiated by fools who pander to the ILLEGALS and the fools who support the boycotts. We already know you are part of this crowd of division.

Illegal immigration enforcement is making headway because Arizona. Now 13 states are taking up similar measures. National Support is at an all time high.

ARIZONA HAS NOT DIVIDED AMERICA, BUT HAS BROUGHT IT TOGETHER.

Just look at the unity spread across the Nation on this issue, besides those boycotting fools who are looking for political power.

Here are some PEW Research numbers for you to dive into....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54c77a156eea.jpg[/atsimg]

Lights Out.....

[edit on 19-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The divide and conquer is being initiated by fools who pander to the ILLEGALS and the fools who support the boycotts. We already know you are part of this crowd of division.

Illegal immigration enforcement is making headway because Arizona. Now 13 states are taking up similar measures. National Support is at an all time high.

ARIZONA HAS NOT DIVIDED AMERICA, BUT HAS BROUGHT IT TOGETHER.

I don't pander to illegals or support the boycotts. I just don't believe you are going to get the things you want done actually done.

I do admire those that will fight the good fight even if they are left on the ground when the fight is done. (not sarcasm)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I don't pander to illegals or support the boycotts. I just don't believe you are going to get the things you want done actually done.

I do admire those that will fight the good fight even if they are left on the ground when the fight is done. (not sarcasm)

Things are getting done because just look at the panic in the Illegal community....you might not like it. But laws that severely cut into ones illegal behavior are not very well liked. You might not be part of that behavior but those who are and support such behavior will definitely throw a fit.

Yes the American Citizens are quite the crowd to be admired for. Their own government is against them, the sitting POTUS Obumbus is against them, The Home Land Security is against them, The head of the DOJ and the entire Democratic & some Republicans are against them.....Yet the American Citizens Still stand up in face of such odds to fight for their sovereignty and protection.

American Citizens should be admired for their stance when even the world is against them for wanting to protect their own borders.

Go Arizona and all of those American Citizens standing up for this. Bravo,

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
This is bad times boys and girls. States fighting against each other is going to tear us apart for sure.
We need to find some way to stay united. We need to work together for a solution and not find ways to hurt each other. This is hurting the entire USA.

That is the plan, divide and conquer, while everyone argues over this BS, the government secretly implements the Real ID chip and so on. Who is really paying attention to the big picture? Not many.

And so they make claims that this is a good thing and they have no idea how deep the deception goes. Till they are dragged from their homes and taken away, then they wonder what the hell happened, "I was all for it", will be their claim, but in reality, it is what TPTB were after all along. And the public buys it hook, line and sinker!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

I would suggest that you are the one that should do some historical research. How do you think the Mexicans acquired their land ? BTW the ancestry of Mexicans include Spaniards from Spain which is a European country. The Indians themselves took from other Indians also, killing them and raping their women. These behaviours have been going on since man first came into existance.

Mexicans and anybody else can come and live in this country as long as they do it legally.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

...Yet the American Citizens Still stand up in face of such odds to fight for their sovereignty and protection.

That's the thing I don't really believe. In the short time that I have been on this planet and have had use of reason I have seen the US citizens coerced by TPTB under the guise of sovereignty and protection. They scare them and then they rile them up to go shed their blood in foreign lands all the time chipping away at their freedoms.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted already, but here is the link to the Arizona Commissioner's letter.

www.foxnews.com...

Best. Letter. Ever.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That's the thing I don't really believe. In the short time that I have been on this planet and have had use of reason I have seen the US citizens coerced by TPTB under the guise of sovereignty and protection. They scare them and then they rile them up to go shed their blood in foreign lands all the time chipping away at their freedoms.

What you should be scared about is being used as sheeple in the political gains....You see the Divide has been a constant theme in this administrations policies and the democrats playbook. Obama attacked the Boston Cop, when his professor buddy was in the wrong, Obama the first to criticize the law after he didn't even read it.

TPTB is scared of the Tea Party Movement and the Americans using their constitution again. For years, congress and this administration have tried to flush down the constitution or burn it...but those days are coming to an end along with the free reign the Illegals have enjoyed.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If people will actually read through the California Penal Code, they will find language virtually identical to the requirements of Arizona's SB1070 Law.

Every law enforcement agency in California shall fully cooperate with the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service regarding any person who is arrested if he or she is suspected of being present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws. (b) With respect to any such person who is arrested, and suspected of being present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws, every law enforcement agency shall do the following: (1) Attempt to verify the legal status of such person as a citizen of the United States, an alien lawfully admitted as a permanent resident, an alien lawfully admitted for a temporary period of time or as an alien who is present in the United States in violation of immigration laws. The verification process may include, but shall not be limited to, questioning the person regarding his or her date and place of birth, and entry into the United States, and demanding documentation to indicate his or her legal status.

hat tip/source - MoonBattery

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

What you should be scared about is being used as sheeple in the political gains....You see the Divide has been a constant theme in this administrations policies and the democrats playbook. Obama attacked the Boston Cop, when his professor buddy was in the wrong, Obama the first to criticize the law after he didn't even read it.

You keep saying this administration. The government has been screwing the citizens of the US for at least a hundred years and they are still doing it. You talk about voting them out. You are the sheeple.

Thomas Jefferson said:

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty"

I'm sorry but this has already happened.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It is a bluff on AZ's part, and a nasty one at that. They would never do it as it would risk lives, shutting down power to hospitals, etc. Such a move would not win them sympathizers.

I'd like to see them try though. A shooting war between states would wake some people up. I anyway predict TX will be its own country by 2030. CA will join with OR and WA and will exit the union by 2050.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join