It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona dares L.A. to carry out boycott [Updated]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Originally posted by whaaa
I'll run my business as I see fit. You run yours according to your needs and wishes. That's the way it's done in America.

That is, unless I happen to have a rule, in my business, which you don't like "ideologically".

This whole boycott thing really is silly, isn't it?

"ideologically"??

It's possible that I might boycott your business because I find you personally offensive. That's also my right as an American.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

No, because we will be in Aspen, Vail and Crested Butte.

Nice, I ski year round at Mount hood...but in any case I see you as one who doesn't really know what it would take to get this problem under control, BTW this is coming from a guy with a brown wife and 1/2 brown kids...

Edit to say: We have no issues with going to Ariz anytime and if by chance we were asked for identification I would not only show it but tell the cop that we support their efforts in getting this under control.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I'm all for Arizona doing what they did.They had to protect their citizens. Protecting our borders from foreign invaders should be priority #1. National guard should be on the border right now. Something should have been done way before it got to this point.

I just think California did not fail Arizona. The government failed Arizona. We should not be fighting each other, we should be joining together to figure out a plan to fix the loophole that allowed this mess to happen to the country.

Digital_Reality, Youngster,,,, As long as you have people in the United States of America that believes there in no need for boarders and laws.
People that believe most of America was stolen from them. People who have No Regard For Our Laws and Our Way Of Life, People who believe that we need to learn and speak their language because they Do Not Want To Learn English.
People who want their culture to be recognized and Sh@t on Our Culture.
When you understand that, then you'll understand that only standing and fighting that good fight will win the day. You need to be proud of the Fact, Americans Died For Our Liberties and Rights we enjoy, Don't try to take any of my Liberties or Right away from me. I fought in Viet-Nam and left buddies there and I left a lot of blood there too.
SH$T, Don't get me RANTING, To OLD!
These people need to understand we have our RIGHTS! Until they are Legal,,, They Have NONE!

I'm right there with you man. Lets stay united and get the bums out of government that failed at their job of keeping our borders safe.

You need to be proud of the Fact, Americans Died For Our Liberties and Rights we enjoy, Don't try to take any of my Liberties or Right away from me

Oh I'm proud, more proud than you could imagine. I'm very well aware that my liberty is the product of my forefathers who fought and died not just for themselves but for the liberties of others generations to come.

That was instilled into my upbringing.

link   

It's possible that I might boycott your business because I find you personally offensive. That's also my right as an American.

While that is true, you are the one who brought up the whole "ideological" argument. So this last statement doesn't really have anything to do with the topic at hand, now does it?

link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
Your white america will never come tards.

No one cares about the color, that is propaganda too my friend. If it was 25 million blond Swedes it would still be the same problem.

IT IS ABOUT NATIONALITY!!! as in non-American

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

So what crimes are you and your girlfriend planning on committing? Because her papers will not be asked for unless she has already been detained for committing a crime.

On topic though I will laugh when L.A. goes greener because they are not getting their power from AZ. I fully support AZ as do many here in my area. We have decided to remove our support form CA and L.A. and give our support to AZ, support being finacial of course. To say it in a clearer manner we boycotting as well. Any cash that would have went to L.A./CA will now go to AZ.

Sucks to be illegal in AZ I guess, maybe they should have done things the right way.

Raist

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Sorry Man didn't mean to RAG On YOU so much,
I know, you meant well, Just Old Age and I'm DAMN GRUMPY WITH OUT MY LATE-NITE CUP OF COFFEE.
I smell it brewing now.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

------------------------------------------------

Sounds similiar to what a manager in New Mexico told me last year.
He was trying to hire some new employees and a a guy came into
apply, normal application process etc. After checking some references
within the state, he decided to hire the guy, and asks for the normal I-9 info which are used for verification of identity, right to work here, etc.

The guy replies that he didn't have any of those. The manager asks why not. The guy replies because he had just arrived from Mexico, but says he does not have any papers yet, but not to worry, he was going to
buy some first for $50 from some place in Dallas; but could have good
looking papers in two days thru overnight service, that the manager would like. Manager passed on hiring him. Guy leaves the office, goes to one of the manager's nearby competitors, and is hired the same day, no questions asked. .......

----------------------------------

And to answer your question as to how we determine who/which companies are hiring illegals, that is simple. INS can run undercover stings with operatives posing as potential employees... go thru the scenario as above, multiply that times 9-10 employers in one town, and you will know.....

[edit on 18-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
[No one cares about the color, that is propaganda too my friend.

Absolutely correct. Unfortunately, the person to whom you directed the post just decided to call names and run away, so he probably won't see it.

Isn't it funny how the only ones referring to "race" are those who think they are opposed to this law. I say "think" because none of them ever quote any passage of the law and attempt to argue it on its merits. EVER! Hell, Eric Holder and Janet Napolitano publically admitted they haven't even read the blasted thing!

You can bet I'll not be losing any sleep over being called "bigot" by them. I know the truth and they are clueless.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Sorry Man didn't mean to RAG On YOU so much,
I know, you meant well, Just Old Age and I'm DAMN GRUMPY WITH OUT MY LATE-NITE CUP OF COFFEE.
I smell it brewing now.

No problem at all.
Thank you for your service to our country.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

"ideologically"??

Would please care to tell us the name of your business? just U2U to me so that we can help you out in your boycott. Anything to help you out mang.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I love it!

I would say, bring it on Cali, and any more takers!

How much do you want to bet that these nut jobs in L A, and then some, haven't even READ the Bill, like Napolitano(Big Sis), Holder, and others, (They Admitted they didn't read it!)

I almost wish I made this up!

People, WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
And to answer your question as to how we determine who/which companies are hiring illegals, that is simple. INS can run undercover stings with operatives posing as potential employees... go thru the scenario as above, multiply that times 9-10 employers in one town, and you will know.....

[edit on 18-5-2010 by manta78]

Screw the arguably "racial profiling" of "sting operations". If there are no illegals to hire, companies can't hire them... can they?

Anyhow, an I-9 does not verify identity. That's the "independant contractor" version of a W-2. All that's needed is a SS# that somehow fits into the system and verification is done. Sheesh. My SS# has been used at least 3 times by at least as many other people with hispanic names, and I'm not hispanic... so nothing is proved there.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
California is in dire need of a hot cup of shut the f_ up. What a collective ass that state government has become.

AZ would do well by cutting it's power exports to Cali. This could very well be a hot summer. May I suggest issuing a new boycott priced "value added" electric service?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm still waiting on someone to put forth a valid argument about how this is about race and not about protecting American citizens, fortifying our borders, promoting legal immigration and so forth.
How is this about race if we're holding our neighbors to the south to the exact same standard as our neighbors to the north, east and west?
How is that f'n racism?
Aaaaaaaand, last I checked, there aren't a whole lot of Canadian drug cartels crossing over the border and slaughtering local farmers in the dead of night.
So, if this is going to be an argument about culture, then make sure that you're defending the whole of a culture, not just a bit or a piece.
Dude, I'm itching to go party in Mexico because I've heard it's just awesome fun.
But it's dumbasses like these that will get me murdered for legally crossing the border during turbulent times.
Am I making sense right now?
Maybe not!
Is it true, regardless?
Quite possibly.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
Absolutely correct. Unfortunately, the person to whom you directed the post just decided to call names and run away, so he probably won't see it.

Isn't it funny how the only ones referring to "race" are those who think they are opposed to this law. I say "think" because none of them ever quote any passage of the law and attempt to argue it on its merits. EVER! Hell, Eric Holder and Janet Napolitano publically admitted they haven't even read the blasted thing!

You can bet I'll not be losing any sleep over being called "bigot" by them. I know the truth and they are clueless.

The truth is that screaming "racist" is a very powerful tool that is used as a weapon.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
They're just pissed cause L.A. is going to beat them in the play-offs.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
They're just pissed cause L.A. is going to beat them in the play-offs.

Newsflash: Nobody gives the F'k about the Suns, if you cared to read the article in the OP. You will see the number of time Arizona pushed for withdrawal of the boycott, but the children never listened.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This boycott Arizona crap is getting ridiculusly out of hand now. If people want to voice their opinions by boycotting the state, fine that's their right. But when they attempt to force others to join in their boycott that's overstepping their boundaries.

I saw this on the news today and it really ticked me off. A high school in the Chicagoland suburbs is cancelling the girls basketball team's trip to Arizona during christmas break to play in a tournament. These girls worked hard all year to be able to play in that tournament and now they will be denied this opportunity because some school officials don't agree with Arizona's law that simply mirrors a federal law. Of course the school officials are doing this under the guise of the student's "safety".........

But in an e-mail, Sue Hebson, assistant superintendent of the Highland Park/Deerfield School District, said the decision not to allow the team to travel to Arizona was based on safety rather than a political statement.

"Rather, under long-standing constitutional law, all school districts are required to provide an education to all children within the district's borders regardless of immigration status," Hebson said in a statement. "Similarly, when our students travel, the school district is responsible, both legally and ethically, for their safety, security and liberty.

"District 113 (Highland Park/Deerfield) boasts a diverse student population and, as a school district, we believe in equal opportunity for each of our students," she continued. "The selection of a varsity basketball team for the 2010-2011 winter athletic season will take place in November, 2010. The team has yet to be selected. We cannot commit at this time to playing at a venue where some of our students' safety or liberty might be placed at risk because of state immigration law."

www.suburbanchicagonews.com...

What a bunch of hogwash

I hope if LA does carry out their boycott Arizona does cut off their electricity.

States fighting with each other over a bunch of people that are nothing more than criminals from the minute they enter our country.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
[Reply to abecedarian:

Originally posted by manta78

abecedarian says:

Screw the arguably "racial profiling" of "sting operations". If there are no illegals to hire, companies can't hire them... can they?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
manta78: I answered your question you asked below:

abecedarian: "Anyhow, people say "target the companies that hire illegals"....
Well, how do you do that? You first have to determine which companies are hiring illegals, and that means you have to determine WHO is illegal so you can see which company hired them... and how do you do that?"

manta78: says: As to how can we determine who/which company is hiring illegals.

manta78 says: see the "how from the from my reply to you.

manta 78 says:
1. And yes "stings" are legal, are conducted by INS, and yes I-9's are required to be completed by all employees and employers in the United States, including for citizens. There is no "racial profiling" because there are no exceptions. Either the employer has the form on file for an employee or not. Sounds like to me that you did not want to hear an answer that makes sense....hmmm.

2. Obviously if you ss# has been used 3 times by illegals, it probably has been "sold" somewhere along the line. You may even be able to petition the SS office for a new number, which may be approved, although not an easy process.

3. I am 100% against illegal immigration, and support the rights of Arizona, or any other state's rights who may pass similiar legislation if that is what it takes to at least slow down this problem. We all know that federal legislation is already on the books, but if that is not
effective or working to stop the problem, can you really blame a state for taking a stance?

4. One very simple suggestion I made here at ATS on one of the many immigration threads is for state governments to utilize something that they already have which is a driver's license, and merely add a code
such as C for citizen, RA for registered alien etc. to person's driver's licenses to help with this identification problem. Most states require that a birth certificate or passport be provided before an id is issued anyways. Officers are going to ask anyone they stop for ID normally, so it is applied universally to all persons who are stopped.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abecedarian says:

"Anyhow, an I-9 does not verify identity. That's the "independant contractor" version of a W-2. All that's needed is a SS# that somehow fits into the system and verification is done. Sheesh. My SS# has been used at least 3 times by at least as many other people with hispanic names, and I'm not hispanic... so nothing is proved there."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
manta 78 says:
1. I suggest that you review the laws regarding I-9.'s It is a form kept in the employee file for the government that helps to verify identity, (I did not say it does, as obviously papers can be faked as pointed out in the example) and shows INS investigators that the employer has tried to comply with the law, and then it is up to them (INS) to determine if the information provided on that form is accurate.

2. I suggest you review the document below, which again is required by all employers in the United States. If your employer is not completing this form, which requires both your signature, and the employer's signature, they are potentially facing very heavy fines for each employee.

Here's the form:

www.uscis.gov...

Especially note this from the form which states:

"What is the purpose of this form? The purpose of this form is to document that each new employee, both citizen and non citizen, hired after November 6, 1986, is authorized to work in the United States."

[edit on 19-5-2010 by manta78]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join