It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona dares L.A. to carry out boycott [Updated]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It's looking like a good time for LA to go green on their own.

In my opinion, this is the time for LA to follow through. Make a point, this will only make Arizona look worse. Before, Arizona was only going to lose a vary small percentage of its market base. Now that they have upped that ante, they have the opportunity to make Arizona lose their pride.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
LA Also gets water from AZ via the Colorado aqueduct.
Turn that off to.

Always wanted to see LA go dark and thirsty. maybe someone will turn off the other aqueduct.

Be careful how you turn LA off.
Most of the rest of Calif agrees with AZ and the state grid is likely to go to rolling blackout across the state to cover for LA.

Let those fruits and nuts in LA and any other cities in Calif that boycotts AZ stand (in the dark) on there own and leave the rest of Calif out of it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I just heard from my neighbors they are canceling bus line travel from CA to AZ, and they have to now drive to CA to go pick up their mom. Do not know if it is true or not, but if it is , that is messed up.

Boycotts are nuts. Pretty soon you will have people in CA asking everyone for ID to see if they are from Arizona. Profiling? HA.

Im tired of special interest groups acting like they are the majority.
I have read this bill. I bet people that are against it have not. They have it in their head anyone can be Id'd for being Mexican because thats what these groups want them to believe. A lot of people know this is not the case, but spout this crap anyway, because they or someone they know are here illegally.

I lost some friends today who are from CA, because I support the bill. They have family in Mexico and family here illegal. They asked where I stand, I told them, now they will not speak to me. They said I hate Hispanics. Give me a break. My best friend is spanish, there are spanish in my family, and my family supports this bill!!

I really think we are going to see a race war over this. It is sad. Tensions are getting hot in the area I live on the amnesty trail and I think it is going to get a lot worse.

I agree with the above poster, states going to war with other states is NOT a good thing. This is going to be the straw that brings us down.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

All the states bordering Arizona should make those with Arizona plates show their papers to cross their borders and pay for a visa for all those in the vehicle.

And your problem with Arizona's law is that it profiles certain people

I'm all for border protection but targeting Hispanics and making them a scapgoat for what should be solved along the border; not state wide.

So if they make it past the border they should just be allowed to roam freely throughout the country in direct violation of our immigration laws ?

If the feds would do their damn jobs the states wouldn't have to.

Do you sell your products in Chicago ? If you do could you tell me the name of them , because I wouldn't want to inadvertantly give you any of my money.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

Do you sell your products in Chicago ? If you do could you tell me the name of them , because I wouldn't want to inadvertantly give you any of my money.

Yes actually I do sell some of my welded steel metal sculpture to Art Institute of Chicago Gallery. A beautiful facility that sells our work quite well. I also sell at the Old Town Art fair when I get accepted. It is a very high quality juried art festival that draws great sophisticated crowds with lots of disposable income. Thanks for asking. And allowing for a little blatant self promotion.
While in Chicago last summer I was fortunate enough to sit in with Joe Bonamassa at the Underground. I Love Chicago.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by whaaa]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
And so it begins. You see the problem with boycotts, is that many people fail to realize, that all states are ultimately interdependent on each other. Some states produce the raw materials, that are turned into the finished products in another state. Vital resources flow between states as part of commerce, now in a normal economy, boycotts of products or places come and go, but this is not a normal economy, it is in a slump and slowly recovering. Now Arizona is taking a lot of flack for taking a stance and removing the gloves off of the law enforcement, to allow them to opperate within the full laws of the federal government. They have a problem, and unfortunately, the root cause is illegale immigration. Many people fail to realize, that it has to be ultimately shameful that one city in the United States of America, is the kidnapping capital of the country, number one in that, and the second in the world. This is not something to be proud of, and from all reports the victims and perprators of the majority of these crimes are illegale immigrants, caught up in the drug trade. Now whether we like it or not, the drug cartels of Mexico are getting more and more violent and lethal. And with the mexican military and police, it is a split chance that some are corrupt and in leage with the cartels, combined with a porous border where anyone can walk in and disappear into the US. Now California has its sanctuary cities and those who are illegale immigrants are leaving Arizona, and Arizona is going to ensure that the state of California starts to feel the pinch in power and water. Though I wonder what will happen when the state of California starts having to deal with the same problems that AZ is having and if they will change their minds once it starts?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Boycotts and trade wars generally backfire. Why doesn't LA boycott Mexico? They have much stricter laws against illegal immigration than Arizona. You would be hard pressed to find a nation or state outside of the US that doesn't. Every major nation in Asia does - including the developed nations such as Japan and South Korea. The Middle East and North Africa certainly does. We do.

Here are some examples of how serious most nations are when it comes to border security. I had a friend who was on a sailing holiday near Turkey and the military fired warning shots at them for coming too close to the border. In North Africa there are actual mine fields between nations to stop people crossing the border - Morocco I believe. For a lot of people complaining about the Arizona law, international condemnation in particular it's pot meet kettle.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Jacob08]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I intend to boycott any city or state that boycotts Arizona. Starting with Boston MA. The fact is the majority of Americans support Arizona. It's about time the US shut down it's open border policy. If that has to be done at the state level, then so be it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
For all you doubters as to whether or not problems exist with
illegal aliens in the United States, please read all of the information,
in the following poster's thread, and subsequent comments, I believe that if you do, you will finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and understand why those of us who are most effected by the problem, are taking a stance, and are saying no more:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
There is no right or wrong in this situation. I do not believe Arizona should start blaming LA or boycotting them. Its really the Federal governments responsibility to keep the border secure from illegals and all of this in fighting is dangerous.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

[snip] the mexicans have as much of a right to be here as you... their ancestors were roaming north ameria through arizona texas new mexico cali and some other places way before the white people from europe came.. im half seminole indian and i am fightin for the mexican people... my wife she is a mexican. my ex wife is an illegal mexican. if you look at history you will see the people from europe came and took everything from the indians and the mexican people who were in those states listed above, and killed sooooooooo many of them and indians and raped their women..

Personal attack removed

[edit on 19/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Dont know if anyone else pondeered this.

But if all the illegals left LA,

Wouldnt LA need like 25% less electricity?

Problem solved!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Who is any part of CA to try and make a statement. They need to worry about their own state and how bancrupt it is. They are just causing themselves more problems. Plus, a who lot of people in LA are ILLEGAL MEXICANS, that is where most of the problem is coming from. Screw them all GO ARIZONA!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I live in Los Angeles, and I actually AGREE with Arizona sticking it to us. Most people here HATE Villaragosa, I don't know how that guy is still in there. I wanna see Arizona give it to us so that little bastard be forcefully made to walk the plank by Los Angeles citizens.

I also know MANY people here that support the Arizona idea but are too afraid to say it because they feel it's not a PC thing to say in a town full of "brown people". L.A. needs to have it's butt kicked, we need a lesson from a state willing to protect it's people unlike us, the SUPER Sanctuary city.

I DARE Los Angeles to tumble with Arizona over this. I'll watch while eating popcorn.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

Didn't think of that. Nice catch.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It almost sounds like those drum beats of civil war are getting a tad bit louder. Perhaps the next civil war will be over immigration. But then again maybe that's what the PTB want; for us to kill each other off for them.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The shift from states' rights to "federalization" and from reason to "moralization" has been pretty massive the last century, and I've seen a great deal more of that 'mentality' in southern California where I was (barely, it turns out) educated than most other areas of the country where I have lived. I might add that the instant jump to "You just hate them because they're ____!" is part of the same profile.

This idea that it is the business of any state that is not Arizona, what Arizona chooses to do, is just an example of the cultural miseducation regarding moralization-as-power ("think of the children!") overriding both law and reason. As if it is anybody else's business.

The only thing affected in California by Arizona's attempt to defend their own borders is that yet-more of the vast illegal population might end up in California. Since CA -- L.A. at least, certainly not a single person I know still living there -- is apparently in favor of no enforcement of borders, I think maybe it would be cheaper for AZ to contract with Greyhound and a small security agency and just bus them all to California. Then CA would be happy as they weren't being deported, and the illegals would be happy as they weren't being deported, and if it's in any way cheaper or less trouble -- particularly for families with children -- then it's a win-win all around.

I'm not surprised that California reacted like this while Texas promptly began to enact a similar law. In fact that would all be kind of amusing if it weren't such a bad situation for Arizona.

I wish there was a way or place that people around the nation could go tell Arizona's people and leaders that we totally support and encourage them. I'm sure they hear all the whiner drama queens trying to impose their opinions against AZ, but perhaps less from the larger population of general public that is very much in favor.

I'd be all for making a similar law for Oklahoma where I'm currently living.

I detest the situation in Mexico that drives a lot of the illegal immigration -- I really pity these people. If I were Mexican I would probably be a slave cleaning houses in L.A. instead right now too. Unfortunately there are some situations that in 'small' number are not much problem, but en-masse become a sheer disaster, and that's the reality of illegals at this point.

As much as I have nothing against individuals, and feel the situation with children born here is a heartbreaking point (they are Americans, but whether they can stay when their parents leave is another story), I do feel the priority should be the well-being of Arizona and any other state.

When it gets to the point that your borderlands are warzones, your people are constantly at risk, the kidnapping ratio is insane, armed guerilla groups are killing locals with some degree of abandon, and your economy is being bled bigtime from services to edu to prisons -- it is long past time Arizona started to defend itself. More power to them.

Even if I hated it, I would think the idea of boycotting the state ludicrous. I think all these holier-than-thou pseudo-moralists should go on boycotting Arizona, that is their right, just like it's Arizona's right. But in the end, unless you count all the illegals themselves, I think the number of people supporting Arizona's efforts is so exponentially more than those against it, that the boycotters are eventually going to be the ones suffering, not to mention looking like total retards.

Just by chance (I am 14 nationalities) I look more mexican than plenty of actual mexicans, and I would be happy to visit AZ and to show my ID to Arizona police (or those of any other state). I wouldn't be afraid or outraged. It isn't personal. I wouldn't take it so.

RC

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm not sure if many of you actually paid attention in your American History classes, or if you suffered the conspiracy by the liberal agenda to change our nations history, but this is damn near identical to how the Civil War started.... States boycotting each other, even though they where interdependent on the slaves(now read as illegal immigration). California needs the cheap labor(free/slave) of illegals to sustain their lifestyle. As do the rest of us. However many of have realized the failure behind this model.

The problem is the protectionists aren't doing it to better the plight of the illegals(slaves). But because they are just as bad as those ostriches with their head in the sand, they're just saying kick out the illegals. I say if the illegals are willing to sit down, learn the language, and become citizens, not through an amnesty program, but actually register, get a Taxpayer Identification Number, pay taxes, let them stay! But if they just want a free ride, sorry, that's now how this country has ever operated.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It is easy to say many things, but more difficult to put one's money where one's mouth is. Kudos to Arizona. Viva States' Rights!

Really though, TPTB just want the little people fighting the little people and ignoring the Goldman Sachs Bankster Rape of both countries.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
This is bad times boys and girls. States fighting against each other is going to tear us apart for sure.
We need to find some way to stay united. We need to work together for a solution and not find ways to hurt each other. This is hurting the entire USA.

Sounds like you want people to compromise instead of upholding the law. As far as I'm concerned this illegal issue is a no brainer. They are here ILLEGALLY. ILLEGALLY! On top of that they are committing crimes and murdering our own citizens. We compromised with the government already and look where it got us---NOWHERE! If the federal government won't get its corrupt butt up to deal with the issue of illegal immigration then its the responsibility of the states and the people to deal with it. And quite frankly its about time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join