It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Transit of Venus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
All 2012 theories aside, the one I find most interesting are the landmarks of Easter Island and the large structure said to be directly related to Mayan culture as a landmark from which to view the transit of Venus in 2012 as well as the galactic alignment.

What is most noteable about this place called the Galapagos Islands is that it is directly North of the winter solstice ecliptic as in December 21. South East from there is Easter Island at about December 5 Easter Island is due south of the ecliptic path. Also very noteable is directly North of the Galpogos is the city of New Oreleans.

Of course most of this taken from one of the best documentaries I have seen on History Channel, the documentary itself "Apocalypse Island" only says so much about the extroardinary history of this remarkable sight.

Did you know that the transit of Venus is a very rare event that reoccurs twice during an eight year period in araound a period of about 250 years?

In fact the last time before 2004, the last occurence Darwin the man behind evolution himself had traveled to the Galpogos and viewed the transit of Venus from that exact location.

So anyway the mayan structure according to the documentary, is a giant structure resembling a panther and a phoenix if I am not mistaken. Metaphiorically speaking it is a direct metaphor that ties all of the secrets of life and our existence together in one simple phrase. I am having troube remembering the phrase, but the phrase came to me in a dream last night and was in it's original form translated to me from latin. I don't remember the exact message of the phrase even in english and I definitely don't know latin so I need your help.

Are their any mayan scholars who can help me find the phrase? It has to do with that exact location and the transit of Venus, it also speaks of a panther and a phoenix, but it is the phrase itself that got away from me, I would love to find out.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It looked like a rock to me. Typical of eroded volcanic terrain.

The transit of Venus will be visible all over the world. But actually might not be visible at the location of the "monument".

The eclipse will not be total (only about 90%, and that makes a big difference) on Robinson Crusoe Island, where the "monument" is.
Lat.: 26.3189° S
Long.: 79.9255° W
Eclipse

I thought the show was pretty awful myself.

[edit on 5/18/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
OK so just to sound even more crazy, the events that lead up to this in my dream was that me and a couple of friends (in my dream) where analyzing data from the oil spill and doing research on the origins of the pipeline that erupted.

Then we were wathching this movie and at the end of the movie there was that phrase spoken and written in latin about a phoenix and a panther in latin and then translated into english. This was of course ginving us all the history and mythology on the phoenix and panther which I am struggling with now cause I don't remember any of it hardly.

But in the dream the phrase was the very end of the movie, it tied everything together. It made sense of so many things that don't make alot of sense.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why wouldn't it be visible from there?

Dont get me wrog, I think there would be better spots and all.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Well, I was making a rough guess based on that map I posted. But according to this site:
www.transitofvenus.nl...

The Sun will have set before the transit occurs.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It looked like a rock to me. Typical of eroded volcanic terrain.

It very well could be, but it is also heavily covered in vegetation. I don't think anyone could tell if it had been carved at all until it was removed, or studied in some way. Do we know if this has been done?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Yog-Sothoth]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I do agree that is most definitely a possibilty that I have considered. It does seem that the transit of Venus would be more visible from the eastern hemisphere. That aside, I had stumbled on galpogos before ever seeing the documentary and was noticing some interesting things on Google Earth. One thing that made me notice it was marked with a big fat red marker, one day so I started exploring.

What I find most interesting is the location, it lies on the equator at the mark of the winter solstice. There is something very special about this place.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Yog-Sothoth

According to the documentary's theory it was cut away from the existing ground.

The entire Island is on the ring of fire and is a volcanic island.

So both theories are acceptable.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
With all the theories out there on increased volcanic activity because of some pole-shift, you'd think you wouldn't wanna go there. The view from Easter Island on 12-21-2012: $300-1200 round trip. Burning alive whilst watching a beautiful rare event: Priceless.

Worth the potential risk to view it on that specific geographical location? Not in this poster's opinion.

[edit on 5/18/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I saw the 2004 transit. I had my son check it out with me even though he was only 3. I told him he won't remember, but I'll remind him.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Do you understand that "Apocalypse Island" is not the Galapagos? It is this island: Isla Robinson Crusoe:
img88.imageshack.us...
It is 2,400 miles southeast of the Galapagos, 400 miles offshore of Chile.

While the Venus transit (June 5-6, 2012) will be visible from both the Galapagos and Easter island (neither of which have any connection with the Maya), the total eclipse (November 13, 2012) will not be.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the mark of the winter solstice". The winter solstice does not occur at a location. It occurs at a time. It happens when the Sun hits the tropic of Capricorn (23.5° south), it has nothing to do with the equator.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

There has been no increase in volcanic activity. Pole shifts have not happened in 200 million years. It is likely that no pole shifts have occurred in 800 million years.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Forgive me for not noticing that. But my OS is running on prehistoric technology.

Kidding. But I am running mac 10.3.9 so my abilities are in limbo and I have troubles, especially with google maps.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So thats alot closer to easter Island?

Thanks for your patience with me.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Nothing to forgive.
Like I said, I thought that History Channel show was awful. Full of bad info.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree. But. is this island southwest of the galapogos or southeast?

Sorry don't know but if it was 2400 miles SE, wouldnt that put it somewhere in Chile or west of it? Or did you mean to say SW?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Call it south-southeast. A bit east of south. 400 miles off of Chile.
Paste this into Google Earth, if you have it.

33°37'59.15"S, 78°51'7.38"W

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Re the 2012 Venus transit, here's a clip from 'The Orion Prophecy' by P. Geryl

"I had seen on the computer simulation that Venus makes its retrograde movement slightly to the right-hand side above Orion. But was that true? Wasn’t the screen giving an unclear image? I therefore decided to go to Urania, a star observatory and planetarium near my home. On an "open day" they simulated planetary movements, and I asked them to plot the movement of Venus in 2012. It was projected on an immense screen on which you could clearly see the circle-shaped movement. Some adjustments relating to the angle of the earth in relation to Venus were made, in such a way that Betelgeuse and Bellatrix came to lie aligned beneath Venus. The outcome was sensational!"

"In 2012 Venus will stand still exactly above Betelgeuse, a red super giant, and will make its retrograde loop. But this is not all. Venus also stands still above Bellatrix after which it will continue its loop! This means therefore that Venus will make an exact circle-shaped movement above the most important and highest stars of Orion, among which is found Betelgeuse! You cannot imagine a more spectacular code than this one! By this and other reasons am I so convinced of the fact that 2012 is the date of the next cataclysm."

"A Double Even More Spectacular Code!
While Venus makes her retrograde loop, it will pass before the Sun!
Venus passes before the Sun on the sixth of June 2012. She will be in the middle of the Sun at exactly 1.30 AM.
Venus will be in the middle of her retrograde loop the fifth of June at 20.18 PM. This means that Venus will stand in the middle above Orion while it passes before the middle of the Sun! Hence the connection from Venus, Orion and the Sun.

It is for this obvious reason that these scientists took this code as a warning for the End Times. The glyphs from my book The Orion Prophecy will become much clearer now"

Here come de debunkers!

mclinking

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I found it. But I could have sworn that in the documentary they were talking about that galapogos. Yet one is on the north of the tropic of capricorn and the other on the south, that is quite different.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

And what does anything about apparent motion have to do with anything? Just curious.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join