It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

You are delusional for thinking that the officer came to shoot her dog. Very delusional.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This cop was severely out of line. How come he grabbed his gun & not his taser? Hmmm???

Besides, he was on PRIVATE PROPERTY!!!! The dog had every right to defend his territory. That officer had enough time jump onto the hood of his patrol car if not get inside & shut the door.

I hope he is brought up on charges of police brutality & discharging his firearm before attempting non-lethal force. I also hope he is then put into a cell with an inmate who goes by the nickname Mad Dog.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by richierich
While I am a dog lover, I do not like them being used a instruments of evil by the cops; drug dogs are totally different than a tracking dog or even an attack dog. N.C. got rid of all its attack dogs and changed them all over to drug dogs because they make more MONEY for them...simple. Take the dogs away and you lower the revenue the cops make busting petty pot users and harrassing drivers for consent.
No, you're not a dog lover like you're trying to convey to us. We can tell you're just trying to save your own ass, to build your case. You're trying to tell us, that drug dogs are "evil", because they sniff out the illegal drugs, so we should kill the dogs, because we should be able to partake in illegal activities? They are cop dogs for a reason! They have a job, just like any other police officer. Yes, some police officers mess up, but for the most part, they have a duty to uphold the law. You shouldn't want to kill anybody who is doing their job of upholding the law. I'm sorry you can't smoke your weed freely, but that doesn't mean you should be able to kill a dog who is just doing it's job. Having a laugh at that is truly mindblowingly despicable. I hate to say this, but you have smoked yourself stupid!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here's another nice one

The cops took the time to handcuff the woman, throw her to the ground, then shoot her dog.

Dont know why they handcuffed her. The article says she wasn't arrested.

The cops were at her home because of a noise complaint.

"I said 'Don't shoot my dog,' And just like that, he shot her."

[edit on 19-5-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I thought I was done with this thread, but I can't believe there are still people saying the cop was afraid for his life!

Afraid...maybe, if he has some phobia of dogs, but not afraid for his life.
He backed up to his car, the dog circled and gave him a little room like dogs do. It didn't lunge. The cop could have extended a hand to see what the dogs intentions were.

He was on Private Property and the dog was doing its job! He is carrying a gun, bullets, pepper spray, and wearing a uniform. Good Dogs hate all of those things. Cops know this. Mailmen know this. UPS drivers know this.

So, is it ok for a total stranger to walk up to your door, kill your dog and leave? That is exactly what happened! He wasn't serving a warrant, he wasn't there on business, he wasn't on public property.

The fact that this is a cop seems to be getting people all weird. This is JUST A MAN! A MAN that is intimidating to a dog because of his offensive smells, rattling tool belt, and stiff uniform.

What if this were a vacuum salesmen? Is it ok for a vacuum salesman to come to your door, ring the bell, shoot your dog a couple of times, and then leave?

COME ON PEOPLE, THERE IS ZERO JUSTIFICATION FOR THIS! ZERO! JUST PLAIN NOT ACCEPTABLE EVER!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
considering i dont have a pet nor do i intend to get one, feel free to shoot the imgainary one.
one thing the copper wasnt at the door he was approching the house from the driveway when the mut ran towards him. so this could easily have been on the streets.
i accept what he has done

Since we're all about neglecting the facts here, please review the video.
1) Rural location, so any reference to the "streets" is irrelevant.
2) Police car, meaning he could retreat to police car and use "siren" to gain owners attention, if no owner available then also no directions.
3) Cop is on private property, thus not entitled to any special privilege of position.
4) If he were actually there to address a dangerous dog complaint, animal control would also be there.

You can "what if" to your hearts content, but this was not in any way a justifiable shooting. Sometimes things are fuzzy enough to have a defensible position, this thread just isn't one of them. The cop was either a coward, or a coward showing off for his friend in the car.

..Ex

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
reply to post by nh_ee

You are delusional for thinking that the officer came to shoot her dog. Very delusional.

Actually the video supports this conclusion far more than the logic that he was "looking for directions".

Nothing in the video suggests that he wasn't there to kill the dog. Please see other post regarding police cars have "sirens"

..Ex

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

C'mon, it's not like it was a pit bull foaming at the mouth. I routinely have unknown dogs rush up on me when I arrive at some of the places I end up visiting. Some much larger and more threatening looking and I don't harm them. Somebody's a little scared of dogs I think.

I hope a kid doesn't rush up to greet him, you don't know what will happen.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Having worked in animal control and owning dogs, I can say the following based off of what I know:
1) Both are at fault. The deupty did not have to kill the dog, that is correct, however, it was not under control, or restrained. It was running out towards the deupty. There is no real way to tell if the animal is going to attack or is being friendly.
Now the next question that must be asked, as it has occured to me, if that dog got out, and got hit by a car, would she still be trying to sue the city, county, state and the driver of the vehicle?
For my own point of view, I do own a dog, and several cats. The cats are all indoor, and the dog when it is out, is always in an enclosed area or on a leash, as to control where it can and can not go.
The problem that I am also seeing in the video is that there is no sound. You see if there was sound to the video, then we could hear if the dog was growling or not, no sound, then it is going to boil down to a case of he said/she said and the court will have to decide who was in the right and who was not. I find it in bad taste that they tried to bribe her to keep silent and I wonder how much they offered her to keep silent, if it was going to cover for the cost to replace the animal.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Check out this keystone cops video.
www.youtube.com... pay for alot of needless effort.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by earthdude]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

God forbid the kid have a big yellow super-soaker. The cop might have to kill everyone in town.

Cop shoots 4 kills 1 over squirt gun

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So now I should say why I posted this thread, or rather point out the posts that inspired me to put up this video from 08
For one it is a slam dunk against the cop so when the apologists showed up in the thread it would really flesh out how far they will go to put their nose up LE's backside.
So now looking back on 6 pages it is obvious who is either just trolling or is seriously hindered in their humanity.
As I said I do know there are good men and women in LE, but, and a big but) it is like this they are like a drop of clean water in a bucket of sewage.
It is obvious that for some posters here ANYTHING is OK as long as there is a badge attached.
Perhaps next I will post a link to the local cabal that ran a rape ring for several years during traffic patrol and see how that gets "excused away" or the dumb cop who tried to break a car window with his weapon and capped the guy for having a stuck window and being flustered by a armed man screaming at him to open the unopenable window.
So yeah, this post really fleshed out just how bad it has become for reasonable people to discuss a very real problem with LE and just how threatening it is to some very scared and narrow minded individuals.
It is pretty obvious these are weak scared people who look to LE like a protective daddy by the folks thinking that dog was "dangerous" even if it was coming out pissed.
And finally regarding this particular instance the bottom line is if this cop was actually afraid of this little dog then he need to quit and be a janitor.
Because if he is so afraid off a little dog he needs to kill it how will he react when real danger is present?
Now please post some more apologies as they are becoming a bit entertaining seeing how far some will twist things to make it all OK.
N.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Dont think anyone has posted this yet but I believe this was the end result of the lawsuit:

story

CHICKASHA— Grady County commissioners will pay $15,000 to a woman whose dog was fatally shot by a sheriff's deputy who had stopped to ask for directions.

Tammy Christopher initially asked for $25,000, alleging deputy Sean Knight "grossly overreacted" when he killed the dog on Aug. 25.

Her attorney, James B. Brunson of Oklahoma City, declined to comment on the settlement, citing a confidentiality agreement.

A tort claim filed in September accused the Grady County Sheriff's Department of trying to justify the shooting by claiming Christopher's dog, Bruiser, had been aggressive.

Christopher contended she never received any complaints about her dog, according to the tort claim.

Sheriff Art Kell said he didn't know any details about the shooting because it occurred before he took office. He did say deputies have the right to defend themselves.

Knight was serving a tax warrant last summer when he stopped at Christopher's house near Blanchard to ask for directions.

He walked to the front of his patrol car before retreating as the dog approached, as seen in a surveillance video Christopher posted on YouTube.

Knight shot the dog when it closed in on him.

"It was just unfortunate," Kell said.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at www.tulsaworld.com...

How funny that even this goes back to taxes?

Also, doesnt look like there were any repercussions for the cop at all.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan
A dog is a family member if it's your pet, genius. No one's saying we should love our pets more than our relatives, that's just dumb. But don't you think if you own a pet that you'll develop a close bond with them which is a form of love? You care about them. Or are you too thick to understand that?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Beast Of Gevaudan]

I eat animals and that's the only thing i do with them and the only reason why they exist, just the thought of having a ugly, dirty and stupid animal (and that's what a dog is) running around in my house is a disgusting thought

And your answer and all the other like that crimson guy just shows how stupid and mindless people can be

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
im starting to hate cops more every day, if ANY HUMAN kills my dogs FOR ANY REASON on MY PROPERTY, THEY IN TURN WILL DIE BY MY HANDS AND THAT IS A PROMISE.

I almost feel like i should warn the local police here, that if for any reason (they dont have a reason, i dont break the law) they need to come on my property, that there might be an over excited husky/lab coming to greet them.

That soul-less pig didnt have an official reason to be there in the first place. If it was police business and he NEEDED to go on her property, THEN got attacked/charged by the dog its a different story (you DONT have to kill the dogs in this instance either, you soul-less m***erFu***rs). But as it says the piglet was there just to ask directions, what kind of retard precinct doesnt have RADIO to contact HQ to ask THEM for directions, or GPS or their CPU? With all the tech they have in police cars i doubt they have to stop, get outta the car and ask for directions.

Police attitude towards dogs and animals, even humans, is despicable. Mankind has been domesticating dogs for THOUSANDS of years LOL!! COMON YOU COPPERS< cant you figure out their behavior by now, its not a big super secret code only known by elites of the NWO, dog behavior is VERY WELL UNDERSTOOD. Most dogs will charge people, either in a friendly, defensive or aggressive manner. Cant you use you effin' tasers you love so much instead of your pistol, hunh big man?

What?!?! Is it in police training to shoot dogs even if they pose the slightest threat?? Im sure you thugs can figure out a way to subdue a dog without killing it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Although I am an animal lover, I agree.
What we don't know is what actions were going on off camera. Was the dog growling in a sit stay position or was in bare toothed on the attack?
We also don't know precisely what the cop was thinking at that moment as he may have though the dog was on a leach and out of range until it was too late to get in the cruiser.

The owners think a camera is absolute proof and are speculating on the motive. Camera footage with audio proves very little if you don't have the complete incident and therefore the full context of said incident on tape.

Even cops deserve there day in court.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeedawg

When I was a teenager, I mowed lawns. I went onto a woman's property and knocked on her door. She was a very frightened old lady with a huge German Shephard snarling at the door. She didn't want my services. As I walked back to my truck, I heard a screen door, a foot step, and then felt a huge chomp on my butt!

I weighed about 120lbs at the time and so did the dog! I turned, grabbed the dog by his tale and his throat, spun around lifted and slammed him to the ground. I heard all the air whoosh out of him and he laid there whimpering for long enough for me to get into my truck.

The dog was fine, I was fine, the lady was fine. No guns, no lawsuits, no headlines. And that was a very dangerous dog intent on harming me!

If a trained police officer 5 times the size of this dog, being attacked from the front, with multiple weapons at his disposal cannot figure out a way to defend himself without using his gun, then he needs to lose his job, and start flipping burgers. He doesn't even deserve to be a mailman!!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
If a trained police officer 5 times the size of this dog, being attacked from the front, with multiple weapons at his disposal cannot figure out a way to defend himself without using his gun, then he needs to lose his job, and start flipping burgers. He doesn't even deserve to be a mailman!!
Well, seeing as he was looking for directions in his own town, I doubt being a mailman is an option.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Good god! I can't believe people are fixating on a rural lap dog and questioning IT'S MOTIVE. Are some folks so ignorant they do not realize the dog was in the right and the cop was the trespasser? Are some of you such quaking children you would actually fear such a dog as in this tape?
Even wound up to fight that little terrier could at best leave a bad bruise maybe a little scrape, at best and that's if the cop just let him bite which a boot would prevent.
Thing that bothers me is I know you folks are not confined to posting on the internet. I actually must share a world with you. Given the responses I have seen regarding police abuses I find the thought sobering.
N.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join