It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

There needs to be a new law: When a department is found to be lying on behalf of its officers, every single managing cop in that department along the entire chain must be fired and indicted for conspiracy. And every officer that lies to cover up the actions of another officer need to be prosecuted for conspiracy also, with the sentence being no less than that received by the cop that actually does the thing.

Cops ARE out of control. anyone here who tries to assert the "just a few bad apples" defense is either a lying cop themselves or simply an apologist. This stuff is ingrained and an epidemic among modern American law enforcement. We have converted all our police forces from peace officer units to paramilitary units, with all the bravado, machismo and sadistic behavior that comes with it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

We need security from the cops. They are criminal gangs opearting under the cover of law.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by romanmel

We need security from the cops. They are criminal gangs opearting under the cover of law.

That is the root of a lot of the ethno-centric groups out there. Many street gangs started with that purpose in mind to protect themselves from racist or rogue cops. Eventually they lost their way and devolved into criminal enterprises. Not at all ironically much like the cops. The only difference being the cops are established "good-guys" and the groups formed to stand against them were established immediately as "bad-guys" by the cop loving status-quo.

I can see it now. Form a group just to watch the cops, don't arm yoursleves or speak any of the typical "libertarian" line and just for simply airing the notion that perhaps the cops in your area arent holier than thou saviors sent from the pope's ass will get you labeled a "domestic terror" group and demonized on a national level.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by N.of norml

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

www.youtube.com

Woman captures officer shooting dog on home surveillance camera.
(visit the link for the full news article)

On the video at the bottom it says this footage is from 2008. Couldn't you find something more recent to slaughter the cops with? I mean there's plenty out there. Why are you digging up mummified remains?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I don't know if you live out in the country or not, but in my hometown, this dog was doing its job. Dogs are not just cuddly pets for everyone, but working animals as well, on which many humans depend for protection, (among a myriad other services as well).

If that officer doesn't have a warrant, I can't see how there was cause for such action. That officer should have gotten right back in the car and gone somewhere else for directions, because no matter how much some would like it not to be, there is still such a thing as defense of private property (hence the beware of dogs sign outside my house.)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
Couldn't you find something more recent to slaughter the cops with? I mean there's plenty out there.

Yup. Just today:

Cop arrested on meth and weapons charges

Cop charged with steroids

Cop accused of illegal strip search

Yesterday:

State marshall and son arrested on gun charges

Off-duty cops leave party and die in crash (driver inattentiveness)

Police comissioner begins prison sentance

Cops fire into home, kill sleeping child

Makes you wonder how much garbage is not getting caught.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
That dog looks pretty vicious.

There seems to be a fair number of trigger happy U.S cops.
I'm sure the big hard police man could deal with a barking dog - it wasn't even a dangerous breed FFS. - Perhaps he hadn't fired his gun for a couple of hours.

Disgusting...burn in hell.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Here are some more.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Look at this one!!! Cop shoots a weiner dog just because he barked at him! A FREAKING weiner aka Dachshund dog! He got fired thank god. Look at this video people im sure some of you cop can do no wrongers will agree with this one as well::::

www.youtube.com...

The cop in the op video could have got back in car. Instead he wanted to use his gun. He had other options.

The people agreeing with him are the ones who like that feel of power and adrenaline going in their veins as they play God just because they can!
Even when numerous options are on the table.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by ker2010]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
1. Not everyone in the world loves dogs (and other animals) because dogs can be filthy and carry diseases.

2. Certain beliefs prevent people from coming in contact with dogs.

3. Why isn't that dog on a leash or something?

4. i

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is absolutely horrible. this is a crime and the cop should be charge for animal cruelty and be sued for mental anguish. cops that get into the work for the wrong reasons seem to mess things up. i bet he was showing off just as the woman had said.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If he killed my dog then he better kill me before I blow a hole in his head.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 19-5-2010 by fordrew]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Cute dog.... but it was doing a full on sprint towards the officer.... that would be scary # to deal with... I really can't blame the officer... by the time he discovered the dog was running up to him and he was taking his steps back he could not get inside the car... and I do not know what happened beforehand either. Sorry people, but I have to side with the cop on this one. There is no excuse for the owners or someone to hold it's leash. I would be scared $hitless if it was running so fast at me, he took the two steps back and the dog was a few feet in front of him.

But what really appalls me is the fact that the department offered her money to shut her up.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
OK, I usually defend cops AND being tough with out of control dogs......but this is just stupid. How can anybody defend his actions
If this guy feels threatened by a fuzzy terrier then he has no business being in law enforcement and trusted with a gun. This would be like if an old granny came up to him waving her walking stick - should he shoot her because he feels threatened? Ridiculous

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
That cop should be fired for doing this. What kind of person just shoots a dog for no reason. I could understand shooting the dog or using non-lethal methods if the dog was attacking him. It just shows how much he cares about animals.
He wasn't dispatched to that location, he went up to that house "to ask for directions". I think all cop cars these days have a computer in them with maps.

Cops don't know how to use mace anymore? they just reach for a gun to shoot dogs that comes near them. This will make the community want to help local law enforcement.

Most dogs will approach people they don't know coming onto its owners property like that. If you look at the dog in that video you can see his tail is wagging and head is low in a non-aggressive stance. (running up to smell/lick the new person)

The officer was in the wrong for shooting this animal.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Echo007]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Terrifying. Truly terrifying.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

ts just a Dog, seeing the Video,
it was running full throtal at the copper,
he was right in shooting it,

yes i know i will be gunned down by the animal lovers of ATS

If it were a dog that actually posed a threat to the officer, I may tend to agree with you...but a 35lb terrier?

Really?

"Just a dog"? Many folks see their pets as part of the family (and there's a reason animal cruelty is against the law). I'd think the woman has a good case against the cop for animal cruelty, to be honest.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
This would be like if an old granny came up to him waving her walking stick - should he shoot her because he feels threatened? Ridiculous

He would have. Most cops would have. They would have pointed their guns at grandma, "ordered" her to drop the stick, and if she didnt drop the stick they would have shot her dead.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Really? Do you think the officer knew that it was a 35 lb terrier approaching him? MAYBE YOU KNEW HE WAS A TERRIER AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO SO MANY TIMES but the cop did not have that privilege. He did not expect for a little animal sprinting FULL speed at him. He stopped to ask for directions. Do you think he wanted to shoot the animal? He was scared $hitless. It was the homeowner's fault fully for not having a leash on and approaching the officer. Or have the animal contained in the house.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Who the hell in rural Oklahoma on massive tracts of open land is going to tether their dog to the railing?

Better leash those kids too. Lord knows when a cop is going to show up unannounced and murder one of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join