It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Excuse me. Did you watch the video?

That is private property the police officer is on.

This is not the big city. Dogs do not have to be on leashes when they are on private property. PERIOD!

Do you live in a house. Well like another commenter stated, would you be okay if a LEO came to your door, the dog came running up and the LEO placed one in the dog?

Same thing. The LEO had no right to even be there let alone shoot the DAMN dog.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by N.of norml

its just a Dog, seeing the Video,it was running full throtal at the copper,
he was right in shooting it,yes i know i will be gunned down by the animal lovers of ATS

my dog is my family member and i love him more than anyone else in the world. shooting my dog is like shooting my son/brother/father...and i will shoot back.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
tbh it's hard to tell what the dog was about to do. You can clearly see the dog run towards the cop but because there is no sound you can't tell whether it is growling or barking. If a dog runs towards you, you can generally tell wether it is going to attack or be playful, we can't tell from this video what the dog was doing. If I was in that situation and a big dog was running towards me with venom in its eyes and snarling, I wouldn't hesitate to kill it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I know that most folks in huge areas do not keep their dog on a leash, because my aunt and uncle have a dog and they make it roam around the neighborhood chasing rabbits and squirrels out in the big open fields! The fact is if they have company they would hold its collar or they would throw it inside the house if company approached their front steps because my aunt and uncle know that the dog is crazy when the dog meets someone new.

There is not enough information to say if it was the owner's fault though because we do not know where the dog was in the first place. Was the dog already outside? Was the dog inside the house and rushed outside when he heard the officer?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by fordrew]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
reply to post by Gazrok

Really? Do you think the officer knew that it was a 35 lb terrier approaching him? MAYBE YOU KNEW HE WAS A TERRIER AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO SO MANY TIMES but the cop did not have that privilege. He did not expect for a little animal sprinting FULL speed at him. He stopped to ask for directions. Do you think he wanted to shoot the animal? He was scared $hitless. It was the homeowner's fault fully for not having a leash on and approaching the officer. Or have the animal contained in the house.

I take it you have never visited someone who lives in the country and has dogs, dogs will run up to anyone that comes near its owner house to smell/lick them or will bark at them from far away. The cop should of known how to tell if a dog is aggressive or not. If you watch that video again you will see the cop had enough time to see if the dog was being aggressive or not.

The cop was in the wrong for shooting this animal, plus his department trying to pay the person to keep quiet is wrong.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

One can only wonder how far that stupid animal love thing goes.
I bet there are people out there who, if they see a man and a dog fighting, don't help the man kill the dog but rather help the dog killing the man, because animals are "precious" to them

Really, a dog as a family member? You love him more than say your parents? Your family? There's no way i can express what i think about that stupidity

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

And should 'company' arrive out of the blue and due to being distracted or even on an area of the land that didnt directly face the driveway that dog escaped the collar grabbing it would be perfectly acceptable for said 'company' to gun down the dog?

Your relatives would just shrug it off? Oh well, this unannounced company which I never invited to my property just shot my dog dead how about some lemonade?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo007

Originally posted by fordrew
reply to post by Gazrok

Really? Do you think the officer knew that it was a 35 lb terrier approaching him? MAYBE YOU KNEW HE WAS A TERRIER AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO SO MANY TIMES but the cop did not have that privilege. He did not expect for a little animal sprinting FULL speed at him. He stopped to ask for directions. Do you think he wanted to shoot the animal? He was scared $hitless. It was the homeowner's fault fully for not having a leash on and approaching the officer. Or have the animal contained in the house.

I take it you have never visited someone who lives in the country and has dogs, dogs will run up to anyone that comes near its owner house to smell/lick them or will bark at them from far away. The cop should of known how to tell if a dog is aggressive or not. If you watch that video again you will see the cop had enough time to see if the dog was being aggressive or not.

The cop was in the wrong for shooting this animal, plus his department trying to pay the person to keep quiet is wrong.

Once again buddy, you have the opportunity and the LUXURY of watching the video over and over and over and over, but the cop only had a split second chance to react. The dog owner sounded like she knew it was her fault for letting it happen. I think the important issue here is the headquarters bribing the lady to keep it a secret.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I seriously don't know why ANYBODY is trying to argue about this video? The cop was in the wrong:Bottom line. There is no excuses, he was wrong. Anybody who thinks otherwise, is wrong. Trying to bribe someone not to speak, is evidence enough that even the cop knew he was wrong. You can argue about how you think the animal was coming off, but even the cop knows he was wrong.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

its just a Dog, seeing the Video,
it was running full throtal at the copper,
he was right in shooting it,

yes i know i will be gunned down by the animal lovers of ATS

It's just a dog?

It was only a living, flesh and blood creature that had a bond with it's owner, not that important is it?

You're an idiot.

A complete and utter idiot.

Just as disturbing as your ridiculous comments is the fact that you have some people agreeing with you.

You, and the people that starred you, are just as dumb as the cop in the video.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

A split second? Watch it and count. From the moment he notices the dog he has an eternity to decide what to do as far as "tactical" situations go. He could have taken a seat and written a novella in the amount of time he had.

The mental stoppage of time that occurs in distress or "tachypsychia" would have doubled or tripled the perceived time span.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

From where I see the stupid crown goes to you.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
THE COPS TRIED TO BRIBE HER!

Why would they do that if they did nothing WRONG?!

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by fordrew

A split second? Watch it and count. From the moment he notices the dog he has an eternity to decide what to do as far as "tactical" situations go. He could have taken a seat and written a novella in the amount of time he had.

The mental stoppage of time that occurs in distress or "tachypsychia" would have doubled or tripled the perceived time span.

Stand up from your seat. Take two steps back. A dog would be 5 feet in front of you after the two steps.

edit : the cop takes like 4 steps back... But does the dog start his sprint when he starts taking his steps back?

link   

Looking for Directions ? Are you kidding me ?

It was more like, Ah just had my coffee (caffeine) and donuts (sugar) and I'am all amped up and want to go use my gun and shoot somethin' !

He probably had some type of grievance with HER, the owner and decided to take it out on her dog, thinking that he was going to get away with it.

Which is most likely why the owner of the property had had the cameras installed in the first place.

Unfortunately for him:

1.) The said DOG (an Airedale Terrier) was on it's own private property.

2.) Officer really had no real legitimate authority/authorization to be on her property (ie court sanctioned summons, search warrant, etc.) outside of "Asking for Directions".

3.) LEO to have the right to defend themselves against bodily harm but The victiim,said DOG, had not actually touched him prior to being killed, and thereby had not actually indicated any REAL threat of bodily harm upon said LEO.

Can you say "Trigger Happy " ?

Hence why she is filing suit against the LEO for trespassing.

Just another case of a Bully with a Badge.

'Nuff said.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
reply to post by Crimson_King

One can only wonder how far that stupid animal love thing goes.
I bet there are people out there who, if they see a man and a dog fighting, don't help the man kill the dog but rather help the dog killing the man, because animals are "precious" to them

Really, a dog as a family member? You love him more than say your parents? Your family? There's no way i can express what i think about that stupidity

So it's stupid to love another living thing? I seriously wonder if your IQ is anywhere near three figures. Judging by your comments I'd say you're way off.

It would be great if ATS screened potential members so we could avoid annoying, idiotic people like this.

A dog is a family member if it's your pet, genius. No one's saying we should love our pets more than our relatives, that's just dumb. But don't you think if you own a pet that you'll develop a close bond with them which is a form of love? You care about them. Or are you too thick to understand that?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Beast Of Gevaudan]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
This is horrible. This cop should be tried for murder. When a civilian kills a police dog, they are charged with murder so it should work the other way around as well. In fact, police officers should be held to a higher standard since they are supposed to be representing the law. The police seem to have stopped serving the public and instead, they are serving a police state. When are the people going to start holding the authorities accountable and demand our god/s given liberties.

What a shame as there are many good police officers still out there, they just happen to be over-shadowed by the cops on a power trip. This police officer needs to be in prison, period.

--airspoon

[edit on 18-5-2010 by airspoon]

No, you are wrong....as much as cops would like for us to be charged with murder for killing a cop dog, the law pertains to human beings only. Homicide means the death of a HUMAN, not a dog.

I had a good chuckle not too long ago; A cop from Florida was vacationing locally here in the Smoky Mtns and brought his police dog with him...he was a cop in Florida. The dog got away from him and when he found it later on, it was hanging from a tree, badge and all...dead as a doornail.

Someone had done a favor to a bunch of drivers and cannabis smokers and wasted the dog. Most people know how many evil deeds a cop can do abusing the instincts of a dumb animal, and decided to retire the dog and make coppie weep a while.

While I am a dog lover, I do not like them being used a instruments of evil by the cops; drug dogs are totally different than a tracking dog or even an attack dog. N.C. got rid of all its attack dogs and changed them all over to drug dogs because they make more MONEY for them...simple. Take the dogs away and you lower the revenue the cops make busting petty pot users and harrassing drivers for consent.

Of course the cops have as much consideration for dogs as they do people, and will shoot OUR dogs anytime they want...well, that door swings both ways....WE can shoot their dogs as well!!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

And this statement alone shows EVERYBODY here in this forum, that you have no comprehension skills whatsoever. He never said that he likes his dog more then his parents, he said he likes them just as equal. He holds his pet in such high regard as a family member, and that if his dog dies, then he will mourn the loss, as if his father or brother died. And yes, he likes his pet, what is so friggin wrong about that?!?! I'm not the biggest pet owner, and don't have any, but I'm not ashamed of anybody who is, cause I can actually do the math, and understand why.

There's no way I can express what I think about your stupidity.

Oh, and once again, the cop tried to bribe her, so even he knows he was wrong.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

I have to admit, in most cases I try and find a way to defend the actions of police, if they are defendable. In this case, this guy F'ed up royally. It makes me sad to watch the video. I am so ashamed that he would do such a thing. It just makes no sense, I hope he is fired for it. Hope the lady gets rich because of it too. Buy a whole mess of dem der dogs.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

Not ashamed to say I love my dog more than my parents.

More than my siblings.

Perhaps more than my children given my dog and I have been together longer and experienced more things together.

He's like an old war buddy. Bonds dont get much stronger than that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join