It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by N.of norml

its just a Dog, seeing the Video,
it was running full throtal at the copper,
he was right in shooting it,

yes i know i will be gunned down by the animal lovers of ATS

Your not smart.and fail to use logic and are part of the problem.

Thank you for continuing to spread ignorance...

You mean a 170-200 lbs man is helpless against a 35 lb dog ?

Why are dog's allowed as pets if they are such a threat to man ?

O wait they aren't ...

And I don't even like dogs......

But at the worst....worst he could have taken a swing or kicked at the dog to shew it away....I'd rather have a cop kick my dog in the ass then shoot it...

I guess that wasn't an option though.......

What happened if her 35 lb kid came running at the cop....Does he shoot it for fear from pure fear for his life ?

I doubt it......he probably would punch a 35 lb kid though.....

Defending ignorance is worse than the actual ignorance..

And If this post gets deleted for me speaking the truth then this site is spreading ignorance.....IT has been fair so far...lets just see

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well most of you already know if you've seen any of my past postings that I will usually try to see both sides of the story having a Military and LEO background , but this is a case where it seems to be pretty evident.

This is simply a use of force FAIL. You don't go onto private property and kill someones dog for what seems to be no reason. I can tell you that the time It took that officer to identify a perceived threat and react to it , He very well could have avoided the incident altogether and stepped back into his vehicle.

When I saw the title of the thread I thought "ok here we go , ANOTHER cop bashing thread"
, and I was pretty sure that it was the usual one sided argument with people posting based on past experience , emotions and not facts, THEN I watched the video.

Incidents like this make ALL LEO's look bad because of one poorly trained officer. I can only go by what was on the tape , and I wasn't there. But this is so outside the realm of justification that I really don't need to say anything else about it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

yay another person to compare a Kid to a Dog
seriously whats with that?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Sure I can see where you are coming from, but when you are on private property with mace, a tazer, a nightstick, fists, feet and are six inches from your car door you don't have to discharge a firearm. Especially against an animal that is 1/3 the size and 1/3 as strong.

He damaged personal property when he had no right, period.

----

You know in Wyoming you can still hang someone on your own property for stealing cattle or horses. Hows that for holding animals before human life?

What could this cop be charged with? So far I see disorderly conduct and destruction of property added with civil damages the court deems appropriate. The cop broke the law whether you like dogs or not.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by DaMod]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the normal "cop posters" here on ATS, that try to justify any and all outrageous actions by police officers, aren't joining in on this discussion. I know many of them are dog lovers. Guess it even turns the stomach of a hardened cop to see one of their own blow away a loyal dog, such as this.

There has to be somthing in this story that is not being told. I'd like to know the real reason the cop stopped at this house. Cops often lie to cover their backside when they realize they did something wrong. They aren't very bright though and many times make up an alternative reason for situations that just don't make sense. This is one of those occassions, IMO.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Considering that GPS is standard issue in police vehicles I would say yes.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowonder
This is absolutely horrible. this is a crime and the cop should be charge for animal cruelty and be sued for mental anguish. cops that get into the work for the wrong reasons seem to mess things up. i bet he was showing off just as the woman had said.

I really believe most probably 98% of cops get into the line of work for the right reason; “to do some good” I really believe that.
But I do believe a comparable amount becomes desensitized demoralized or just feel hopeless, after all it is a thankless job and no one wants a cop till they’re in trouble.
They write tickets that never make it through court because the department won’t pay court time; arrests get dropped because meth was spelled myth (true story).
These things happen, problem is the officer must realize this and fix the problem. Most wont because they believe they are held up to a superman standard.
It sucks but we’re all human and are all fallible.
I’m not saying what the officer did was right but, too bad it all happened that way.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

Originally posted by Curio
Anyway, I don't really agree with your post. He could have fired in the air, in front of the dog, even kicked dirt in its face....whatever. He used lethal force FAR too quickly. Dogs run up to people ALL the time without incident - he had many options at his disposal and could have made sure of the dogs intentions before gunning it down. As I said earlier, I think cops get a hard time and I also think they should be allowed to use lethal force on a dog if the situation warrants it. In just think this wasn't one of those situations.

Now that just may be the single dumbest thing I've ever read. Let's break that down:

He could have fired in the air, in front of the dog

So risk a ricochet that could kill the officer, a bystander, or simply waste the attempt at safety?

even kicked dirt in its face

That's going to do exactly what to a dog that's attacking?

he had many options at his disposal and could have made sure of the dogs intentions before gunning it down.

There it is....he didn't ask the dog what his intentions were. Brilliant! Let's wait until the dog has a good hold on my leg/arm before I try to defend myself!!!

You people have to ability to sit there in safety and consider this. Most of you have never been a high stress situation when you only get to make one choice for life or limb. Tazers are not your first choice for protecting your life, that's why they are in a more unobtusive locaiton on officer's belts than their firearm.

I will never try to claim the cops are always in the right of that abuse of position doesn't occur, but this is simply rediculous. He had one chance to protect himself and he made the right choice.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by KILL_DOGG]

Umm..no offense man, but are.you absolutely stupid? You seriously are claiming he was in danger and the only option was to kill a dog, while being IN REACH of his car door. Theres no question, the guy was WAY out of line..the dog weighed a whopping 30lbs. I have a much bigger dog at almost 100lbs. And i can handle him, as do my friends who simply push an EXCITED dog off of them. Actually im not going any further with this, but I will say that was the most ignorant post I've read in a while.
Peace

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stonedgolfer

Exactly, you know how to handle YOUR dog, your friends know how to handle YOUR dog. What do you do when a strange dog charges you? How would you respond? And you might want to do some research into the breed, they are well known as agressive dogs. Ignorance is bliss my friend, as you have just demonstrated with your uninformed words.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by KILL_DOGG]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
To those who are trying to divert from the real issue by questioning why he was there "asking directions".
he was serving a tax warrant in a rural area and pulled into the wrong place so he said he was asking directions rather than even admit the mistaken address, given as mentioned he had GPS and could not get to his correct destination.
N.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

OK. Lets forget the dog, and forget the Cop.

A man, any man, drives about 100 yards up your driveway, then walks another 20 or 30 feet toward your house uninvited. Then the man "thinks" he sees a bumble bee or a spider out of the corner of his eye and he spins around and flails and breaks your nice expensive planter hanging from your porch. This particular planter is very special to you and has emotional value in addition the monetary value.

What do you think is appropriate punishment for a person coming onto your property uninvited and breaking your precious stuff?

Did you see my much earlier posts comparing the dog to a hired security guard? Same scenario, guard is tasked with protecting the property, sees an armed man trespassing and hollers for the man to stop while reaching for his gun, the trespasser/cop sees a man with a gun and kills him. Who is in the wrong? The guard doing his job, or the cop trespassing and overreacting?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ok... My last post was deleted and I was warned.. So I am going to go mother goose on yo arse. There once was a police officer. He had a dispatcher doing a ride along for his shift. Now, this officer was patroling his very own area. The ride along was a dispatcher for the same dept. This would lead anyone to believe that they had a good sense of location , since IT WAS their own town they were patroling. They were talking over violating people rights.... they were also laughing and showing complete pleasure in the new AZ. law. One even joked about how he needed next to zero education to do his job. The other joked about how the physical requirements for his position were a farce. While laughing and drunk with power...they got lost. So being a very evolved male..he was not afraid to stop and ask for directions. They saw a quaint little house and decided that the owner would surely be able to give them directions...One officer got out of the car to go ask for directions... The other reached in the bag to get the last dohnut before his riding partner returned. The officer that had exited the vehicle was immediatly faced with a life and death situation... There was a BEAST of a monster dog .. this monster he was faced with, was at minumum 300lbs of pure evil that wanted nothing more than to tear him limb from limb. BUT ...this was no normal officer.. This officer had his associates degree...he had also met his seat belt quota 3 months straight.. this monster did not stand a chance!!!! The officer took 2 steps back and fired his monster slayer... He could have used his mace/tazer/batton or even his boot... BUT.. why would he .. he had just stopped to ask this homeowner for help..he was trespassing on this monsters property... With that being said.. the monster HAD to DIE!!!... Now.. what he didn't expect.. When he looked over the monster.. He realized it was nothing more than a 35 lb dog. .. So he devised a plan.. "I will tell everyone that this little dog tried to kill me and I was fighting for my life".. Then the officer found out that all of this was caught on video... uh oh... Then to make it worse.. The public rallied together and had a mass prayer.. As bad as it is.. They prayed that he would develope face and arse cancer at the same time... Within a year this officers rectum fell right out.. But this wasn't all that bad.. due to the fact that he had to drink all of his food...due to the loss of the lower half of his face.... then in true irony..2 of his children were mauled beyond recognition by a pack of weiner dogs!!!!..
Have a blessed day!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

So your post gets deleted and you get warned....so you decide to post this piece of garbage? Yeah....FAIL!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

I 100% expected this from you. No matter what you will say this was the right choice.. You are obviously biased. This was total crap.. If this was my dog.. I would have instantly Sniped this officer and accepted the consequences. A police dog is considered an officer.. But our personal pets are disposable? The cop is obviously "slow adult". The police have enough power... They do not need a mouth piece on the web to stick up for them.

Needed to clarify... Kill Dawg is warnign for anyone that doesn't agree with him. Officer Dawg!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Why do you hate dogs. There must be a story behind that. Tell us about it?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If I kick a police dog.... Instantly I am arrested for assaulting a police officer!!!! I am replying to the other poster, not you Blain
You can not have it both ways. When I see a K9 officer.. I wonder why the more intelligent one is riding in the back.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I nearly always side with the LEO's but in this case I can't. That was clearly a person who should never have been issued a badge.

He pulls into private property without any cause or reason and then shoots a dog for protecting it? I'd think the woman will win her suit and that officer will likely loose his job, which is as it should be.

Those of you who blame all Cops for the actions of a tiny number of them who are bad, are just as bad in my book however. Your the reason I keep a 45 in my desk drawer and a shotgun under my bed. I've never known a Cop Hater who was not themselves a criminal.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mjsmor

reply to post by mjsmor

I dont condone dog fighting its disgusting. But the PB was bred to fight dogs for a reason its the best. The Best Pitbull will beat the best of any breed in a one on one match. This is why the dog was bred. People fought all kinds of dogs over the centurys and the pit was the most consistant winner. DO some research read up on pitbulls and dog fighting history.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by ker2010]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Kill Dawg,

Why would you randomly pick all of my posts to WARN. They might not be what you want to hear ...but they break no T&C.. I hope you are warned for wasting their time.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
I see now. Please edit your post.

[edit on 5/19/2010 by Blaine91555]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join