It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant theme of ANGER on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have been sitting here in recent months becoming increasingly concerned about the anger that is constantly prevalent on ATS. Regardless of topic, or what someone's viewpoints are, the nearly constant theme is anger. Not everyone, mind you, but most. Conservatives are angry, liberals are angry, moderates are angry, men are angry, women are angry, young adults are angry, Americans are angry, Europeans are angry, central Americans are angry, South Americans are angry, Asians are angry, etc. It crosses all topics and barriers.

With that in mind, I think this is an important topic. We may not agree on things, but the underlying reasons for the anger are probably similar. There is a seething anger out there amongst all classes and across the political spectrum, which could end up very destructive. Its like a gun powder keg that just needs a match.

So before things blow up, lets discuss why the anger is out there. This isn't about finger pointing at other groups. But sit and think, why is everyone angry? What can we do to defuse that anger?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by johnny2127]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have whats called passive anger, i channel it out in ways that i do as i am very passive. So its not a problem.

But my writings on here are true as the uk government and police spent 18 years trying to frame me and do all sorts of things to my life.

I just come on here and will tell people what they do, and advise people they should never be violent just tell and explain what happens in this world to us people who are victimised.

Anger is a good thing, for me especially and i channel it in my own way. How you do it is your business, but always be passive.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I honestly think that it is the media that has caused this anger in people. The media (Television news, newspapers, TV in general and movies) seem to want to make people angry in which ever way possible. This is a huge problem, i agree. They force subjects down your throat that they know will provoke a negative emotion and they have been doing this for years, it sickens me. We need to take a lesson from the Bonobos and not be such angry and violent common chimpanzees! Visit my thread to see what i am talking about..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Anger is definitely not the goal.
However, I would argue that it's on the path to the goal -- which is awareness.

Kind of like the steps to the grieving process, I think becoming aware to the "system" has it's own steps. I guess I think that anger is better than apathy.

Having said that, hopefully the anger will subside and people will reach the next "step" which is action. Action is always best accomplished with a level head and an unemotional state of mind.

But much like the kid that just found out that Santa is a ruse, I think we are seeing people that are finally looking "under the curtain".

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Having the same topics/arguments over and over and over again with no real creativity makes things sink to the level of anger.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

What i think is the anger is caused by ignorance. ATS is becoming more and more like the mass media, a mirror of it. the contraversial thread titles that are incredibly ignorant and almost with an agenda of attracting anger, because anger means flags. It's pathetic. Thats what annoys me anyway.

When someone posts and meaningful post with facts and evidence with some coherent progressive debate in mind, that gives me hope. But the majority of posts are the type that promotes anger and ignorance.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have been avoiding many internet sites because of this. I find that the anger is contagious. The cause of the anger is the world's loss of prosperity. When we begin to find out why things are more difficult, it angers us. Ignorace is bliss and the internet destroys ignorance. We deny ignorance and then the hate and anger seeps in. I may just choose to remain ignorant about many things, just so I can be happy.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

How much does it have to do with the way that convictions expressed on this forum sometimes develop into what are effectively religious beliefs- whether it be Nibiru, the power of the London Bankers, timeline shifts, etc, etc? Then, if they are challenged, the impact is similar to the questioning of a religious belief.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It should be pretty obvious that we're a bunch of madmen.

To be sane in this world is insane, imo.

I'd much rather hang out with someone who had fire in his heart, than a clueless fool.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this a few minutes ago.
I agree with you.
When debunking something there is never a reason to call people names or to point out grammer issues.
You would think people could talk about things like human beings yet there is always alot of unneeded anger and sarcasm which to me I find to be unproductive.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
For certain types of people expressing anger is more important than discovering the truth about something.

The angry crowds believe that they are fighting against the problem when actually they are part of it.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Alot of threads get thrown off by those grammer police people. How many people write on the net and always check every word?

I just ignore the grammer police, as long as the reader can read what i mean, so what?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I think you are so close to being right on the money, and certainly worth expounding upon. Anger is not the best emotion to hold when living or dealing with life, but anger is a far cry better than apathy, or worse, propitiation, or controlling others, or covert hostility. Anger is a sign that people are rising up above lower emotions, (although sometimes it is descending from a higher emotional state), and no one stays at anger for long. One either ascends into a more conservative outlook or better into action, and even serenity, or they descend down into covert hostility, or worse.

It is my belief that the anger evident in this site is more an indication of people rising up out of lower emotions and aspiring to reach their maximum potential. In this regard, the anger evident is a fairly good sign, and for those who have mastered staying above anger, and controlling their emotions, then the goal should be to help these angry posters rise up to the emotional level they want to be at. I think we all want to be at either action or serenity, and serenity can not sustain itself if action is not employed. For those that are angry, that is their action at this moment, and for those at action or above, helping them realize their own true potential for real action, and the subsequent serenity that follows is a worthy goal, in my opinion.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

And yet even when a topic or significant scientific breakthrough is announced like I did in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It generates very little interest, which is amazing to me. Do people
not realize the potential positive impact to our enviornment and even
society as a whole from reduced energy costs (plastic is made of oil) with a product that has been developed that will eliminate the need for the use of plastic?

This makes me very angry
Lol, just kidding

but it does make me wonder

[edit on 18-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I do not see a generalized 'anger' as in rage-hate

i see only 'Passion', for the posters point of view

If this site was al harpsicords, daffodils & gum-drops ...
i would have been long-ago-gone

your POV is a little, shall we say fabricated

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
CONFESSION:

I chucked a temper tantrum here, today, not because I opposed views, but because of manners or a lack of. It was quite undignified and I'm a little ashamed of myself, especially as I threw the spelling/grammar card in the face of the person I was responding to.

I don't have much to say in my defence other than I went out of my way to help this person and they were rude because they didn't get exactly what they wanted. I totally overreacted and I suck.

MY VIEW OF ATS:
However, trying to be objective about this - I didn't "tantrum" because I disagreed with the view being expressed - which seems to be the usual cause of anger on ATS. The problem that I mostly see on here is usually people thrashing one side of an argument simply because they're opposed to it. This very, very rarely results in anything but an escalation of anger on both sides.

My advice - take a deep breath, count to ten. That might not work In Real Life, but when you're typing, on the internet, it's a lot easier to be less aggressive about what you post. You don't necessarily even have to take the feelings of an opposing party into account, if your argument is valid it will bear up under scrutiny, whereas shouting people down will just inflame their stance and you get to a stalemate.

Yours sincerely

A Dick!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." - Lena Horne

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
For certain types of people expressing anger is more important than discovering the truth about something.

The angry crowds believe that they are fighting against the problem when actually they are part of it.

"The Truth about Nibiru" these are the types of threads worth fighting for because at the moment there is no "TRUTH" and people claiming truth are ingesting fear into people who go along with this whole doomsday theory.

That's what i will fight against, ignorance, that's the fire burning in my heart, promote love, deny ignorance.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Im Angry that theres a lot of people out there who arent angry.

No really..

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
I have been sitting here in recent months becoming increasingly concerned about the anger that is constantly prevalent on ATS.

I used to find ATS an entertaining escape from my daily routines. The more outrageous the theory, the more entertained I am. So I love threads like the New Zealand moved on the map and the moon hoax threads. But if you visit them all these days you seem to get is people who hate on others. On the moon hoax thread is filled with a bunch of attacks on people for believing the theory. Same thing with the New Zealand moved on the map thread. They don't bother mentioning any evidence... they just go straight into attacking people and their style of argumentation. Its all just a bunch of anger and its not really something I welcome at all.

I responded with a whole bunch more anger directed at them because I was angry that they couldn't mind their manners. It isn't right and they make ATS a lousy place to be... I don't like it.

Edit - shortened quote

[edit on 18-5-2010 by truthquest]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join