It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant theme of ANGER on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The harshest economic times we've known in our lifetime, approaching what looks to be a long hot summer, lots of dehydration to make you angry. World Cup
beer...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

A wise "man" once said something very intelligent about hate...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/0779c7efd0fa73a4.png[/atsimg]

Can't remember his name or what he said but it made sense...

Peace

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

DAMMIT! You understand that you have just taken 12 hours of my life today right? I'm gonna have to watch all 6 now. I had so much I wanted to get done today too.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by Skyfloating

You're so very right. And like another poster said, we are beginning to reflect the MSM because those are the sensationalized stories that get people's emotions riled when they are full of rhetoric.

Many posters aren't realizing they are part of the problem when they are starting threads based on news stories whose sole purpose is to create a divide or blame this group or another while detracting away from the ROOT CAUSE which very often tends to be our corrupted government.

I've admittedly been getting very angry at the increased intolerance, bigotry, and racism (with a small dash of sexism) going on on ATS. When you try to point out the ignorance they accuse of being on the side of the enemy. It really blows my mind!

I'm so sick of the "you're either with us or against" us mentality, I can barely stand it. It's black or white. No gray. You can't simply disagree without being lambasted with insults or innuendo as to your lack loyalty to America. The latter really gets me riled.

I agree with you and i don't condone anger in terms of mindless racism, bigotry etc. But when i see some posts, some absolutely hateful, smug posts even posts that make claims with faulty logic or truth" that some people post in ignorance or just to stir things up, these people exist all over the "journalistic" news corporations and have ruined our society. Sensationalists looking to cause argument, disagreement and anger without reasonning; racism, slander, disrespect. gah!!!! sorry im still angry at this "proof" of god post. See, this, is the type of foolishness we're getting on here now.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think the underlying reason for increasing anger is that as we become more and more connected, people are seeing more clearly the reality of the world and it is generating a lot of fear. People are being forced to realize that things are not ok and that our ways of life maybe aren't as right as we want them to be. Obviously America and the rest of the Western world is being shown that we are in fact impacting the world in a MAJOR way. And we are failing with the responsibilities that go along with that. Other countries' citizens are being shown that it is possible to be free and at the same time watching their own governments forcing a lifestyle or religion (or absence of religion) on them. Obviously, that is occuring in western culture, just not as severely.

Governments are unable to hide their issues as easily and their citizens are losing faith in them more and more. Their safety is more and more coming into question.

Corporations' continued failings are causing severe economic distress on a Global scale and at the same time it seems that nothing is really being done about it. They are basically doing whatever they want.

Basically, when a person is shown their shortcomings they get defensive. When a society is shown the same thing, it is the same, just on a larger scale. Currently the entire World is being shown this via TV, news, the Internet, etc. We are becoming more aware of how imperfect things are and our small world views are being dented and sometimes crushed.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think many of us are expressing some sort of passion/anger toward the "outside world" as it were, because those of us who are members here are seeing the slow decline of the world around us, and many of those in the "outside world" are either ignorant of it or just too obsessed with the latest celebrity gossip to really care about it. I think the mentality of "someone else will fix it" or "it will get better" is why so many of us are angry on ATS. This I believe goes beyond the name calling, the grammar Nazis (which I am one of them), the personal attacks, etc. I think as a whole collective we can agree that the events in the world are indicative of something. The ways we interpret them are vastly different in some cases, but the consensus remains the same that I believe many of us are tired of seeing the "regulars" just blindly walking off a cliff every day. In that respect I think many of us care enough to voice our opinions, and this website is the perfect medium in which to do so. We may have arguments, disagreements, major brawls, but when it comes right down to it, so do many families out there, and I consider ATS as an extension of my family. When we care enough about something that we get angry about it, it means that there is the opportunity to change the situation in which we are in.

Just my $.02

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Anger is an excellent motivator.

The only question is what makes us angry & whether we are able to express it in a healthy manner.

Just as in any good drama (and as David Icke often states), you have problem > reaction > solution

90-something% of the threads on here are discussing what the Op considers a problem & is looking for people who might have a solution after intelligent discussion. Most posts include someone's opinion. If people could post to these types of threads without it allowing it to become personal, we would be able to reach a viable solution.

Take for example the threads about police shooting the family dog(s), what we should be discussing is if the police used extreme measures which caused a death. Period. Yes, the majority of people who love & respect animals are going to be offended by the officer's choice to destroy & take a life. Nobody really cares if you think it's "just a dog" it's a living creature. Period. The question remains: Did the officer(s) have the right to do this & what's your evidence? The only part where your opinion should matter is the officer's punishment/nonpunishment. You think he deserves to sit in a cell for five years? Fine. You think he deserves desk duty & retraining? Fine. You think he deserves to be devoured by a pack of severely abused dogs? Fine. We are all entitled to our opinions. Your personal feelings about the victim(s) are inconsequential to finding a solution.

Another angry thread is how people want to argue about how devastating the oil spill is. Devastating is devastating. People who want to contemplate how devastating can wait about 2 years, then let it rip.

All I'm saying is that anger a healthy emotion, but it needs to be used in the right way. A constructive way.

If you're angry about Ron Paul being removed from your state's ballot during the last election. Great! Let your anger allow you to begin a thread on here about it. Maybe we can help answer why & how it happened & what should be done about it. I don't care how you feel about him personally. Was a crime committed & did he deserve it?

The goal is to allow anger it to motivate you. We fail when we let it eat us alive or use it in a way that creates more anger, which will always succeed in taking us further from a solution.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I have whats called passive anger, i channel it out in ways that i do as i am very passive. So its not a problem.

But my writings on here are true as the uk government and police spent 18 years trying to frame me and do all sorts of things to my life.

I just come on here and will tell people what they do, and advise people they should never be violent just tell and explain what happens in this world to us people who are victimised.

Anger is a good thing, for me especially and i channel it in my own way. How you do it is your business, but always be passive.

Yeah..enjoy it while it's legal.

(please check u2u/you have me posted as writing things I didn't write)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join