It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa - Global warming is conclusive

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Link

climateprogress.org...

NASA has predicted and then confirmed Global warming - the most recent trends point to the hottest records EVER - all of this during the lowest solar activity cycle on record -

thanks to everyone who stood in the way of dealing with this with thier RIDICULOUS conspiracies and denial of science.

Unless of course you are smarter than NASA - or they are part of the conspiracy too......

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

For what it is worth, I have seen very few people deny global warming on ATS (although recent volcanic events might soon change that) ... what is still up for debate is to what degree, if any, human activity influences this warming.

Not taking a position either way, as I simply don't know.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

?

Riiight - I've been on here for years - and the rhetoric changes with each new day -here are some FACTS...

"The greenhouse effect was discovered by Joseph Fourier in 1824, first reliably experimented on by John Tyndall in 1858, and first reported quantitatively by Svante Arrhenius in 1896"

So we have known the science for over of the green house effect caused by certain gases for almost 200 years - what up for debate ?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Right...
NASA had bad data...
Until 'science' can accurately predict weather 7 days in advance, I find it hard to believe that they can forecast changes in climate. Also they New York Times has said that there has been no statistically signifigant global warming since 1895.
No warming since 1895
I'm sure NASA is a holy uncorruptible organization, right? Basically NASA was started by a nazi scientist, and recently coc aine was found in a NASA facility. I know these things don't mean anything about the science but I'm just pointing out that NASA isn't exactly perfect.
This isn't a conspiracy theory, it is just reality. There is a continuing push for global government on the back of this supposed climate crisis, now who benefits from something like this? The ultra-wealthy globalists and the elite political class. It is easily conceivable that they used their influence and/or money to tweak the numbers. It has happened before and it will again.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I would not put much stock in NASA's abilities regarding climate science since they can't even verify and keep track of their own data.

EXAMPLE:
www.sott.net...

But the church of Anthropogenic global warming must keep the faith.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by ParaShredder]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
oK so we are supposed to believe that all the continents were actually connected to eachother at one point...

and we are to believe that ice ages happen frequntly on this planet...

and that these fantastical dinosaur creatures existed on earth a one point...

Does this sound like a place that is stable?

and now we are supposed to believe that 100 years of industrialization is ruining the planet?

Negative effects? certainly

The root cause of global warming? Nope

I believe this is UNIVESRAL Warming

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91
reply to post by audas

There is a continuing push for global government on the back of this supposed climate crisis, now who benefits from something like this? The ultra-wealthy globalists and the elite political class. It is easily conceivable that they used their influence and/or money to tweak the numbers. It has happened before and it will again.

This is the real story behind the scenes, but either some are too brain washed by the propaganda, or they are part of the agenda.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

Yep - NASA dont know - LMAO

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
before the industrial age the river thames use’t to freeze over so much they rode horses on it. (snow! so they did not slip) for 3 months. do a google on “river thames freeze” now you dont even get any ice at all.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
"Scientist admits there has been no global warming since 1995

The global warming movement is facing a one-two punch today, as a key figure of the Climategate scandal admitted that there is no evidence the earth has warmed recently and new research suggests existing records aren’t sufficient support for global warming claims.

Phil Jones, who stepped down from his position at the Climatic Research Unit after emails surfaced showing the unit apparently conspiring to manipulate climate data, also said global warming may not be unprecedented after all." source:dailycaller.com...

The obviously biased source website in th OP fails to mention any of this.

Just push the agenda and answer no questions. Keep telling a lie often enough and people will begin to believe it.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Global warming is very real, their is a reason we are seeding the atmosphere.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaShredder
"Scientist admits there has been no global warming since 1995

The global warming movement is facing a one-two punch today, as a key figure of the Climategate scandal admitted that there is no evidence the earth has warmed recently and new research suggests existing records aren’t sufficient support for global warming claims.

Phil Jones, who stepped down from his position at the Climatic Research Unit after emails surfaced showing the unit apparently conspiring to manipulate climate data, also said global warming may not be unprecedented after all." source:dailycaller.com...

The obviously biased source website in th OP fails to mention any of this.

Just push the agenda and answer no questions. Keep telling a lie often enough and people will begin to believe it.

Yup - science is able to put people on the moon, develop laser guided missiles but cant take an accurate thermometer reading - FFS - get a life.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Nasa - the worlds leading scientific establishment has said categorically the evidence is in - so when you post crack pots, from fringe websites saying otherwise - you will be derided - evidence from reliable source negating the SCIENCE or silence - innuendo, hearsay and conjured opinion counts for nought.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm probably one of the few people here who will agree with you. I think that there's agenda on both sides, but none of these can get in the way with the hard data.

There's an agenda by oil companies to discredit AWG, and an agenda by globalists to push the carbon tax scam. Neither of these realities take away from the situation at hand.

The earth is warming, and we seem to be contributing to this. To what degree? I haven't a clue. I'm concerned that our collective footprint may be tipping us over the edge of a natural cycle towards an unknown, and destabilized future.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The Carbon emissions trading scheme is a fraud - even James Hansen agrees with this - however that is not the point - the science behind AGW is absolute - it is as good as science gets.

Read Storms of our grand children for a good understanding of how well we understand it,....great read.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
What is conclusive is that NASA has been drinking the Al Gore fruit punch.

Man made "Global Warming" is the HOAX of HOAXES. There have been many periods in the history of the Earth that were warmer, when man was not around. The Earth is cooling and not just because of the volcanoes. Like it or not the Sun drives the climate on Earth, always has and always will.

The Sun has entered a quiet period and cooling is going to be our problem in a very short period of time. It is going to be so funny when all the global warming hoaxers are trying to explain why global warming is bringing on a new ice age.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Oh please not this global warming crap again

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by time91
reply to post by audas

Right...
NASA had bad data...
Until 'science' can accurately predict weather 7 days in advance, I find it hard to believe that they can forecast changes in climate. Also they New York Times has said that there has been no statistically signifigant global warming since 1895.
No warming since 1895
I'm sure NASA is a holy uncorruptible organization, right? Basically NASA was started by a nazi scientist, and recently coc aine was found in a NASA facility. I know these things don't mean anything about the science but I'm just pointing out that NASA isn't exactly perfect.
This isn't a conspiracy theory, it is just reality. There is a continuing push for global government on the back of this supposed climate crisis, now who benefits from something like this? The ultra-wealthy globalists and the elite political class. It is easily conceivable that they used their influence and/or money to tweak the numbers. It has happened before and it will again.

Could not agree more my friend . People defending this nonsense can't even get what they are defending straight , what is it ? Global warming or climate change .They seem to change it to suit their arguement and new found religion as need be . Can't predict one weeks weather in a straightline but they know it all . Their limited thought capacity even limits their memory of the winter just gone !Goldfish have a greater mental capacity than this !But I'll give N.A.S.A credit for copying the goldfish bowl for space helmets

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Nasa - the worlds leading scientific establishment has said categorically the evidence is in - so when you post crack pots, from fringe websites saying otherwise - you will be derided - evidence from reliable source negating the SCIENCE or silence - innuendo, hearsay and conjured opinion counts for nought.

t

Deny, deflect and claim any opposing source as crack pot. Typical response from a religious fanatic.

NASA is not all you claim it to be. They fund many scientific projects, many times with opposing results. Press releases are dependent who the current administration is.

Your previous list of NASA achievements was mostly done by engineers not climatologists.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Ummm - wow you clearly have never ever ever read anything on this subject at all.

Are seriously trying to claim that the entire scientific community has not taken into consideration the variation in global temperatures throughout earths considerable history when arriving at their conclusions - seriously - do you think they just skipped over that.....?

No - they didn't in fact what you are talking about has been well and truly considered - you simply fail to understand what is being said.

The point is that the earth had considerably higher C02 concentrations in the past - and this is the major driving factor in the debate.

The solar debate has also be studied considerably - and if you looked at the link you would understand this.......

Thanks for pointing out the absolutely bleeding obvious though - like the entire scientific establishment hasn't seen your incredible insight - LMAO

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join