It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa - Global warming is conclusive

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
reply to post by unityemissions

the science behind AGW is absolute - it is as good as science gets.

Then you don't know much about the scientific method.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

If you even understood what was being said you would not present arguments which have nothing to do with the debate - global warming is a trend - got it yet ??? Global warming means there will be climate change - they are one and the same - when I warm the kettle it is water warming -  and funnily enough there has been a temperature change - wow - awesome argument you presented.....that was hard to destroy.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Oh wait and nasa is funded by who?

I'm still trying to figure out the democrats stance on global warming. Is it caused by man or is it natural? So this is the first time in earths history that it has warmed?

And last but not least when is Pelosi going to give up her jets? Is nasa going to cancel the remaining shuttle launches because of global warming? Slowly switching to be a "green" society will not do anything. Drastically changing by completely eliminating any carbon footprint will. Lead by example and we can start with Gore...o wait...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

One of the things that I find missing in most of the debate relating to Global Warming is discussion of previous warming and cooling trends in history that quite obviously had nothing to do with man-made "greenhouse gas" emissions.

www.longrangeweather.com...

The referenced website contains a very nice graphic that shows quite nicely the cycle of warm and cool periods over the last 2,500 years. I think that most would agree that the warmest periods...at about 1100 BC and at 1300 AD (both warmer than now)...had nothing to do with mechanized man's activities.

So, obviously other key factors are at work in these cycles.

Also of note is the information given that temperatures have been on the decline since 1998...

Just in case some might think that the authors are Global Warming "deny-ers" they do actually state in their writing that they believe while man is not the main cause of the any warming cycle, that we are making things worse.

I am not exactly sure to what extent we are...but I certainly do believe that we are smallish players in all of this.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

reply to post by expat2368

Are seriously trying to claim that the entire scientific community has not taken into consideration the variation in global temperatures throughout earths considerable history when arriving at their conclusions - seriously - do you think they just skipped over that.....?

This is where you are wrong, lumping the entire scientific community into the pro-AGW camp.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by ParaShredder]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by audas

Yeah ah I think he is trying to say that scientists have not really considered the earths past climate trends...

For awhile scientists failed to acknowledge that earth had a warming period in medieval times. They just need time to formulate their story to the evidence and facts. I refuse to live in fear or take orders from people like gore or pelosi who release more pollutants into the atmosphere in one day than I will in a lifetime. All these climate meeting accomplish nothing except the exact opposite for what they claim to be there for. Maybe ill listen once we receive a leader that bikes or walks everywhere they need to go.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
reply to post by audas

One of the things that I find missing in most of the debate relating to Global Warming is discussion of previous warming and cooling trends in history that quite obviously had nothing to do with man-made "greenhouse gas" emissions.

www.longrangeweather.com...

Audas wont read it because it does not support his dogma.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Novel
Oh wait and nasa is funded by who?

I'm still trying to figure out the democrats stance on global warming. Is it caused by man or is it natural? So this is the first time in earths history that it has warmed?

And last but not least when is Pelosi going to give up her jets? Is nasa going to cancel the remaining shuttle launches because of global warming? Slowly switching to be a "green" society will not do anything. Drastically changing by completely eliminating any carbon footprint will. Lead by example and we can start with Gore...o wait...

The facts of global warming have nothing to do with politics - it is a scientific fact. Not a political position - are you confused by something ?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
reply to post by audas

....blah blah blah....

Wrong - and FALSE -

If you bothered to ever read a single paper or book on this subject you would realise how incredibly ridiculous this assumption is -

James Hansen's most recent book on this deals with this comprehensively - for once in your life read a book which may challenge your assumptions.

It will clear up a lot of these myths for you. The only reason you have not to read it is because you are afraid that your conspiratorial fantasies will be torn down - these may well be your only avenue to self empowerment - a common psyhcological trait amongst denialists - so why not be brave - confront your demons and inform yourself.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaShredder

No becuase it has been dealt with a thousand and one times in a thousand and one papers and a thousand and one publications it is the very bedrock from which the hypothesis was formed - it is THE REASON why research continues in the Antarctic into ice core samples - to understand the fluctuations in the historical record relative to historic carbon dioxide levels - der.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The facts of global warming have nothing to do with politics - it is a scientific fact. Not a political position - are you confused by something ?

Again, explain the scientific method to us all and why you continue to spout that AGW is a fact when it is not.

I know plenty of people that think Niels Bohr's planetary model of the atom is fact when in reality that model of the atom was abandoned by physics decades ago.

Just because you and a band of corrupt scientist say AGW is a fact, does not make it so.

You need to present a scientific case and properly answer criticism without throwing "crack pot" at every negative reply.

There are plenty of climatologists that disagree with AGW.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I guess all the methane from horse crap caused the melting of The Little Ice Age back in the 1500s.

wiki

But I do believe we are warming now.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I. The scientific method has four steps

1. Observation and description of a phenomenon or group of phenomena.

2. Formulation of an hypothesis to explain the phenomena. In physics, the hypothesis often takes the form of a causal mechanism or a mathematical relation.

3. Use of the hypothesis to predict the existence of other phenomena, or to predict quantitatively the results of new observations.

4. Performance of experimental tests of the predictions by several independent experimenters and properly performed experiments.

Oops cant do number 4, so AGW never advances from a hypothesis to a theory much less a fact.

Your experiment would have to use at least two identical earths and be able to adjust climate altering factors on a global scale.

Not to mention you would have to have reliable temperature data and we have not even seen that yet. We cant even go back and look at the original temperature readings because that data has been destroyed. All we a left with is exstrapolations(number fudging).

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaShredder

Again, explain the scientific method to us all and why you continue to spout that AGW is a fact when it is not.

I know plenty of people that think Niels Bohr's planetary model of the atom is fact when in reality that model of the atom was abandoned by physics decades ago.

Just because you and a band of corrupt scientist say AGW is a fact, does not make it so.

You need to present a scientific case and properly answer criticism without throwing "crack pot" at every negative reply.

There are plenty of climatologists that disagree with AGW.

What - thats what this thread is about - the evidence presented - why don't you do the contrary.

The position on AGW of the entire scientific community from climatologists, planatolmogists etc is that BASED ON THE EVIDENCE there is 95% certainty - thats more certain than the sun is in our solar system -

Sorry but it is you who needs to provide evidence which counterbalances the incontrovertible, insurmountable body of evidence - the original post is about EVIDENCE - please read before throwing accusations around - MODS !!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaShredder

Um - right.

Do you know how many studies make up the IPCC report ? How many studies were looked at by Hansen ?

Your talking absolute garbage - totally devoid of any connection to the reality of the research which is being done into this issue - honestly quite bizzare comments.

Thanks for your petty rundown on the scientific method - glad you have taken it upon yourself to rewrite 500 years of collective wisdom to suit an incredibly insular and regressive position.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
I guess all the methane from horse crap caused the melting of The Little Ice Age back in the 1500s.

wiki

But I do believe we are warming now.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

Wrong way round.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think the one biggest thing that destroys the global warming debacle is the factions promoting it so hardcore and trying to use it create new revenue streams, and using it for political gain..
when Al Gore lost the election to GWB, in his farewell speech he had Bill Clinton right beside him, and Al Gore started in with his global warming pitch, and I saw Bill Clinton laugh a little bit at Al Gore while he was stammering about how much damage the human populace had already done to the atmosphere...
8-10 years later shows Al gore having made tons of money from this, and all the poeple that supported him way back, and still today, are the very same people supporting carbon taxes and those kinds of things. These include many people in other countries belonging to globalist groups like tri-lateral commision and CFR.
If you round up all of these a-holes, you will soon find it very easy to connect all of the dots and put them in a big box just like some game of monopoly and R.I.S.K mixed together. These people are the same players in many other global schemes taking place under our noses.

Regardless of any of the AGW having any truth to it or not doesnt even matter anymore because of the corruption being attempted and the fraud against taxpayers being promoted over it, and the huge sums of money being earned by the principals, just like Al Gore to name just one of the worlds biggest goons. What I do on his grave some day sure won't pass for flowers..

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Well actually, I have spent a huge amount of time studying the "global warming" issue. I looked at both sides of it and I determined that the "AGW" proponents are driven by an agenda and not by the science. Actually there are a couple of elements to that side of the issue. The people who are really concerned about our environment and the people who are USING those who have genuine heartfelt concerns in order to further their monetary and control agenda. The C02 thing is just hilarious and the idiots that have bought into the insanity that it is causing the earth to warm when it constitutes such a small percentage of the atmosphere are even more so. C02 is GOOD.. makes plants grow much better. I just want to puke when I hear people who have bought into Al Gore's climate Hoax road show talk about reducing their "Carbon Footprint". In fact I suspect that the whole "Carbon Footprint" issue will eventually turn into the biggest single joke in the entire history of human existence on Earth.

The real issue and the real science is that temperatures on Earth have been much warmer in the past when there was no industrial revolution than they have been recently.

Anyone who looks at the real evidence will conclude that the Sun is the primary force behind the climate on Earth. It is interesting to note that the so called "AGW Climate Scientists" totally ignored the effect of the Sun on climate change. The single thing that provides 99.999% of the heat to the Earth and they totally ignored it. Anyway back to the Sun which is currently in a very inactive period and has been since early 2008. There are virtually no Sunspots and the Sun's magnetic flux is at historic lows. The REAL DEAL on climate is this: Sunspots and the magnetic fields they generate protect the Earth from Cosmic radiation. With the activity of the Sun at such low levels the Earth gets exposed to more radiation from space which interacts with water vapor in the atmosphere to create clouds. The radiation also provides energy for lightning. Guess nobody has noticed the increase in lightning strikes? The increased cloud cover reflects the Sun's energy back into space. The last time the Sun did this Europe froze over and they had the mini-ice age. This Solar minimum is on its way to equaling the Maunder minimum and may surpass it in depth. This Solar minimum will be known as the "Gore Minimum" in honor of the dimwit that got his plans to become a multi-billionaire on the backs of the entire global population shot down when the Sun decided to take a nap.

Last Summer I predicted a very harsh winter and I was correct. They are still having record breaking cold temperatures and late snow in many areas in the U.S. This summer will be wet and colder than normal and with the current volcanic activity and the continuing lack of Sunspots I predict that next winter will be even worse and the possibility in many areas of a summer without a summer. IF the Sun stays quiet as it is now there will in the next few years be massive crop failures and starvation.

I do not make those statement lightly and I am very prepared to take the "heat" if my predictions are wrong.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

The number of studies makes no difference. Only truth in reporting does.
And now it is known and admitted the data is flawed.

I can hire 10,000 scientists to do studies supporting the moon is made of cheese. That does not make it a fact.

Oh, and cry "MODS!!" all you want. I see you are taking a play from the pro-AGW handbook, if there is a dissenting study or result, sweep it under the rug, discredit it and write sneaky little e-mails to each other.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by ParaShredder]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Rubbish.The part in bold says it all.

IF you were hoping to enjoy plenty of sunny World Cup barbecues, dream on. One weather expert with a 90 per cent success rate predicts we are in for a wet and lousy summer.

Forecaster Piers Corbyn, who has controversially made fortunes betting on Britain’s changeable climate, says June, July and August will be very variable, ranging from average to pretty lousy with heavy bouts of rain.

He said: “I am afraid it’s not going to be a hot summer. It might be humid and muggy at times but we’re certainly not in for massive amounts of sunshine.

“I know that’s disappointing to people but we’ll all just have to prepare ourselves for a bit of a dull summer.”

The London-based weatherman, whose company Weather Action claims to use scientific techniques to predict the changes in the weather, put the dampener on other forecasters.

He claimed some predict glorious weather in a bid to attract Government funding for climate change research.

Mr Corbyn, 63, said: “Most of the theories surrounding climate change are complete nonsense. The earth has been cooling since 2002. It’s the opposite of what they say.
“Our political leaders are wedded to this notion of the earth heating up but it’s just a tactic to impose green taxes to build wind farms that have no human benefit and do nothing except take up large amounts of space and make a lot of noise. I hope that our new Government will wake up to the reality of climate change and stop using it as a political tool.”

Elaborating on the reasons for his company’s success rate, he said: “We use predictable aspects of solar activity which is particles from the sun affecting the upper parts of the atmosphere and circulation. This then shows us the changes in the weather.”

In addition to the UK, Weather Action also forecasts the weather for events around the world.

www.dailyexpress.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join