It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

This is for all the Canadians

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As it seems dire here in the United States of America, I was wondering if you could tell me the correct way I would go about getting legal naturalization to your wonderful country? As I would never intend on being a dirty illegal, and I am a law abiding citizen of this or any other country.


I put this in skunkworks because I could not figure anywhere else to put this. It would be understood if it is moved.

Anyway the length of time of the procedure is not of consequence because I still have about 20 months left to finish my associate's degree in I.T. on American grants and student loans. The cost is of no consequence either, as I will work my bloddy Tukas off to make the amount needed, I just need to know the procedure.


Thank you to all my friends in Canada.




posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


Good Morning,

The easiest way to become a naturalized citizen would be to marry a Canadian. If your not into that, then have a career that is in demand. For the most part it's quite easy to become a citizen if you really want to and aren't just trying to get on social programs.

If your not used to harsh winters, I would suggest the west coast. It rains a lot, but it tolerable in the winter.

Good Luck
..Ex



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here's the website to see if you qualify and how to help you attain status very quickly...

If your working in IT, it's in demand...

www.cic.gc.ca...

~Keeper



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


Good Morning,

The easiest way to become a naturalized citizen would be to marry a Canadian. If your not into that, then have a career that is in demand. For the most part it's quite easy to become a citizen if you really want to and aren't just trying to get on social programs.

If your not used to harsh winters, I would suggest the west coast. It rains a lot, but it tolerable in the winter.

Good Luck
..Ex



I grew up in the northeast America and am used to cold weather.


Is I.T. Administration in demand there?



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


You'll need to get your dogsled license and keep a team of dogs so you can get around. I hope you like dogs. If you can't hunt you'll be spending a lot on food for the dogs. Can you hunt?

Also, we'll help you build your first igloo but after that you're on your own. For medical help the local shaman is usually available unless he's on a dreamquest.

Enjoy our country!



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


Any IT position is in high demand.

Canada is in the process of revamping it's technical infrastructure.

Companies like Telus, Bell and Rogers are lying down fiber among other things and schools are attempting to uprade themselves as well.

You would not have a problem finding employment with such a job.

Just check out the website, the links on the left provide a good summary of what's needed and all the applications can be found there as well.

~Keeper



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Here's the website to see if you qualify and how to help you attain status very quickly...

If your working in IT, it's in demand...

www.cic.gc.ca...

~Keeper


Thanks for the link...yeah I am going into I.T Administration, good to know it's in demand... I already have ms office suite got a High B+ in the class ansd no one here will hire me, already filled out tons of job app's on line to no avail.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


You'll need to get your dogsled license and keep a team of dogs so you can get around. I hope you like dogs. If you can't hunt you'll be spending a lot on food for the dogs. Can you hunt?

Also, we'll help you build your first igloo but after that you're on your own. For medical help the local shaman is usually available unless he's on a dreamquest.

Enjoy our country!


Stereotypically anyways. haha.


Here in the "Thompson/Okanagan" of British Columbia, we are semi-arid desert and closely resemble Nevada, with scorching summer temps and not too bad winters.

I don't even own a dog. A good set of mucklucks will do.

Good luck.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


You'll need to get your dogsled license and keep a team of dogs so you can get around. I hope you like dogs. If you can't hunt you'll be spending a lot on food for the dogs. Can you hunt?

Also, we'll help you build your first igloo but after that you're on your own. For medical help the local shaman is usually available unless he's on a dreamquest.

Enjoy our country!



LOL I love dogs, but I think they'll love my cats even more(Oh no Kitty became dinner) and yes I can hunt bow and arrow, I can hit a target very well, I was in the military....I think your post is in jest.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Wait just a minute according to this:



Time lived in Canada

To become Canadian citizens, adults must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying. Children do not need to meet this requirement.

You may be able to count time you spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident if that time falls within the four-year period.


So you have to be in the country for three years is there another procedure to move there like a visa thingy or such? Or do they want illegal aliens? I am confused.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by ldyserenity]



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


As your "immigrating" to Canada, yes the process is different...


Here's the site: www.cic.gc.ca...

~Keeper



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Thanks I looked at the rest of the site, It seems I will be best finding an employer. My field is not listed, they have more specialized I.T. Professions, however if I get employment than I can get a work visa. Then after three years try for citizenship. Sounds alright to me.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


Yup and if you find love while you here and get married it will be far easier for you
.

Like I said, you won't have a problem, especially not in your field of work.

I know, I own 3 IT related Businesses and I can't hire enough people it seems lol

~Keeper



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


Yup and if you find love while you here and get married it will be far easier for you
.

Like I said, you won't have a problem, especially not in your field of work.

I know, I own 3 IT related Businesses and I can't hire enough people it seems lol

~Keeper


Good maybe You'll hire me lol, j/k no pressure.


Good for me my other two will be in college by the time I am ready for the move, I also have four years of french class, though it has been over ten years, but a quickie brush up would probably get me fluent again.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


Unless you move the New Brunswick or Quebec, the French will really be just a plus for you.

The other provinces you'll probably meet more people who speak Mandarin than french.

I would recomment the East Coast for you, it's pretty, but the West Coast has more money and more money to be made from them.

Let me know when your done your studies, I might just have a position available. I'd be happy to give an ATS friend a chance at a job in my wonderful country
.

~Keeper



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Awesome I will definately let you know when I am finished with my schooling. Are you on the West coast or the East. I always thought it's be kind of cool to live by the falls, And I would never want to live in NY so I always considered The Canadian side by the falls. I bet it's gorgeous.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I honestly think the east coast is amazing. When I lived there and went drove around the shoreline is just amazing scenery. The Bay of Fundy is an amazing place to go to.



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull
 


I bet it is. I have seen pictures. I might have to come up for a vacation and check out some areas.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by ldyserenity]



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Awesome I will definately let you know when I am finished with my schooling. Are you on the West coast or the East. I always thought it's be kind of cool to live by the falls, And I would never want to live in NY so I always considered The Canadian side by the falls. I bet it's gorgeous.


I live in New Brunswick.

20 mins away from the beach, a hour from moutain climbing and amazing camping.

Love the East Coast, I was born in the West Coast and came here about 20 years ago, and even if it's a bit more "redneck" than the rest of the country I don't care.

And the people are amazing. That whole nice Canadian thing came from the East Coast I am sure lol.

~Keeper



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The anointed one will be VERY displeased with your decision.
But I'm not complaining, the sooner the creme ala creme leave America (with their plunders as well) the sooner I can fill the void as a mercenary in L.A. by 2020, having been previously pushed out of my home and country by high property values and increasing corrupt cronyism. (I'm joking I think)



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join