It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
we all overcome fears we need to overcome to advance in our everyday existance, correct? it can be compared to evolution maybe. (on a smaller scale)

YES! This was my point exactly. Allow me to refer to the dumbing down of mankind. If we have now evolved to the point where we can override our animal instincts, are we not evolving for the worse? If more people would trust their gut instincts, or common sense, we are moving further away from our spiritual selves & becoming more like machines. "Man in elevator might not be safe, but I'm programmed to believe that elevator & people in it are safe. I'll get in anyways. I'm being silly to think this man will rape or kill me. Truth is not stranger than fiction."

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Your poetry is all your own my friend, and I urge you to bask in your own glory, and sing not just the body electric, but harmonize with the spirit beyond that electricity. Thanks for sharing those contradictions, it brought a smile to my face.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
i've seen that quite a lot in the animal kingdom and with humans, the thing is it isn't for everybody, a lot of people are self centred and would rather not risk their own life, even for somebody they love, take for example, if your friend was in a fight, would all of your other friends join in to help? it is not the same as a mother fighting off a predator, but it is not a rule. it has it's exceptions.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
dr slim there is the one that as i said Buddha him self couldnt over come.
and ill not post it as its such a tarble fear .
but as i also said its a fear thats none active ( not happing at this second)
none directional ( not going to happen to you)
and has to do with ever person who ever truly loved there children .
if you never have them then your almost off the hook with this fear .
but it is just as strong if you realy love any one else your mom dad sister friend lover.
so its not one that anyone other then a Hermite who had lived alone for 50 years can avoid

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

Any hunter knows the bitter consequence of killing its prey in a manner that brought about fear first. Venison taste best when the prey never saw it coming, and it is the toxins of fear that make that meat so bitter.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

running away from an angry mob with pitch forks doesn't mean your afraid, as i've already posted, it's common sence

Its pretty normal to be afraid when someone attacks you or you are being hunted.
But thats not fear.. its danger you are running from, so we must not confuse fear and danger

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
of course, i used to hunt a lot as a child (my teenage years) but as i got to an age where i realised what i was doing, i stopped. i still eat meat, but i no longer kill animals. but this is feel is going off topic so back to bussiness

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by godddd

running away from an angry mob with pitch forks doesn't mean your afraid, as i've already posted, it's common sence

Its pretty normal to be afraid when someone attacks you or you are being hunted.
But thats not fear.. its danger you are running from, so we must not confuse fear and danger

i was posting to make a difference between the different emotions or whatever you want to call them: fear, danger, common sence... etc, all different.

link   
hu its not that easy to get around the person who is that self centered is SAVING THE ONE THY LOVE
as for animals who run there are times when just love wont save them and nature has alwances for that so they run. a forest fire cant be fought all you can do is run as a rabbit a pack of wolfs cant be fought as a squril all she can do is run and try again.
your going behond whats possible with that but if theres a chance even a small one mom will give her life for THAT chance.
i have seen mother cats stand on there hind legs and fight singial pit and win to save there babys and i have seen a mother cat attacked by a pack of pits run and they ate her babys she loved them just as much but know love wasent going to save them her daeth would be in vain
no my friend running to save your self over you child just means you LOVE YOUR SELF MORE

link   

i've seen that quite a lot in the animal kingdom and with humans, the thing is it isn't for everybody, a lot of people are self centred and would rather not risk their own life, even for somebody they love, take for example, if your friend was in a fight, would all of your other friends join in to help? it is not the same as a mother fighting off a predator, but it is not a rule. it has it's exceptions.

I agree, but then again, if you are getting the crap beat out of you & your friends won't intervene ~ maybe you should've feared having (female anatomies) as friends.

We must all choose our friends wisely. We need to know that the people we have surrounded ourselves with care about us as much as we do them, or there isn't a symbiotic relationship with you/they need each other most. I have been lucky to have friends who have my back & they have proven this. I'm a woman & was at a party where a guy decided he'd grab my breast. I punched him in the jaw & it was his horrible mistake to punch me back. Needless to say, I then found out that my friends were worth their weight in gold as they then proceeded to drag him outside & teach him a lesson.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
when what i call a fearful situation confronts me i remind myself that the moment will fade into on the journey of eternal existance. Like a single mile marker on a 2000 mile roadtrip. This reduces the emotional reaction enough that the situation can be analyzed and a lesson learned.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
what a story. as for the mother protection thing, if she was outnumbered, then why should they all die? if i knew i would die fighting for a cause which would also die, why bother if there is completely no chance? is it not better to save yourself and let the death of the cause carry on. take for example a hunter shooting rats, if they run, they may save themselves but their children will die, if they stay to fight, they will all die.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
hahaha i like you aftertought you that the key isnt it being sure the people you love more then your self love you more then them selfs.
yae thats when they will teach that cad a lesion pull you from a burning building only to be burnt thats true love thats the one fear that cant be over rode and still be true love. The fear of something happing to the one you love and NOT BEING there to stop it with your life its self if nessery

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

this is again nonsense since obviously you dont talk about anything objective, how are you all knowing of truth in such opposite terms that mean nothing really and about the worse only as objective evil
it is you who is of absolute fear since you cant see positive sense existing, for you fear is to mean the opposite like education system, and that is the whole truth there is nothing but someone who mean to educate from opposites

my choice is me not fear or love or whatever and me as my whole life points is surely not yours in anyway
but your choice is the clear one since it talks about things as sources, meaning being you a negative one so you dont exist and you are not, and negative cant be but itself negative choice for less forever

you cant speak objectively because all your means is you as subject positive one where is any sense of what you realize when you mean to talk about yourself and never from any objective fact, and what justify your easy jump on another to judge what he is as a living from few words about his opinions on a particular general topic, but who never sees anyother but himself and at that limitation rate of himself that never mean to be a positive objective fact

all your means to say that evil persons are who fear is to justify them as meaning justifying yourself, nothing is but objective facts who kill others never show any doubt or fear sense as you say
that is your extrapolation on whatever you want or mean about you, it is not any truth when obviously it is never an objective fact
on the contrary mackavelic persons are clearly the free ones laughing about everything and never meaning anything about them at all and those are who can do the worse

and being wise is your choice and another can mean being him and not something already existing to consider it the rule
people choices always is to be true which mean positive themselves really to mean more
so keep your calmness to yourself choice face a lot of people communicate really better when they mean what the other say and consider it right

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by godddd
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

So then you love the ones who hurt you or steal from you?

Why not? What does fearing them gain? I can defend myself against their crimes and still love them just the same as I can love my child even in the face of his transgressions, and just as my son loves me, even in the face of my transgressions.

Why should you fear them? so if you dont fear someone you love him, and if you dont love someone you fear them?

When someone wants to hurt me, they can try but i will fight back
When someone steals from me, i will try to find a way to get it back.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
dr slim dont skim the replys i said with no chance at all she would run death would be self defeating in that case the pack of dogs teh forest fire they will run leaving the babys to die so theres a chance to try again but if its just a singial wolf on the other hand they may stand there ground to try and save the babys .
I have seen cats back off a singial big dog like this

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Fear and suffering only happen in your mind, when this is realized you will become liberated. Danger happens during a situation and action is taken. No body chooses this response, it is immediate. Fear is what we feel sitting in comfortable surroundings thinking of the past or the future. Fear is something we do to ourselves, by believing that we are somebody who can do something. However, when we see that we have no control of the past or future, that we are demanding answers to impossible questions, that there is no one in charge, we stop going to the mind for answers. Then and only then will we see that the fear drops away all by itself.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

what a story. as for the mother protection thing, if she was outnumbered, then why should they all die? if i knew i would die fighting for a cause which would also die, why bother if there is completely no chance? is it not better to save yourself and let the death of the cause carry on. take for example a hunter shooting rats, if they run, they may save themselves but their children will die, if they stay to fight, they will all die.

I know from experience that rats will fight tooth & nail to protect their young, but on a similar note, I'd like to talk about rabbits. I have a free-range rabbitry. These are extremely large rabbits I raise. A few months back when they had a litter, the kits were just starting to come out of the burrow & wander around. I was in the kitchen, which faces the back yard, & I had the windows open since it was still in the lower 70s. All of a sudden, I heard a horrible shreik come from the back yard. I looked out the window to see my male rabbit hot on the heels of a cat who was running for its life!

Maybe this is why most rodents have survived the odds when other mammals don't. All I know is my buck was protecting those kits with all his might. God only knows what kind of damage he would've inflicted on that cat if he hadn't gotten over the fence in time!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
gads imas I cant even take a stab at your last reply .
but to pick one small part wich could be out of context if so sorry.
Im not judging anyone this post is about fear all i am doing is pointing to the one fear no one not even you can ever purge you will eather fight or run to live.
I know this is true because your here as am i .
the only thing in dought is who that fear is centered around.
your self your friends your lover your children no matter who it has to be there if its not You will not be able to save who ever from what ever is happing

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join