It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by godddd
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

So then you love the ones who hurt you or steal from you?

yes..

unconditionally.......

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by godddd

So then you love the ones who hurt you or steal from you?

Why not? What does fearing them gain? I can defend myself against their crimes and still love them just the same as I can love my child even in the face of his transgressions, and just as my son loves me, even in the face of my transgressions.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
bet you all would run screaming like girls from a spider grizzle and mob coming at you with pitch forks and torches yelling kill the monster .
The dead guy who wants to eat your brain. Hope hes not expecting a large dinner.
o and don't go into the water.
no one can purge all fear if you managed that you would no longer be an animal (all animals can have fear humans are included.
fear is natures way of being sure you fight or run like the wind give a better chance you make little copy's of your self.
you say you have no fear ok walk through Harlem at 2 am with cash sticking out every ware . if you truly have no fear then do it after all theres nothing to be afraid of

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

exactly, all they mean is pretense that is why they never say anything about objective action or result
how they can judge private places to say that we fear or something like that to mean being superior to us, when it is because of our fears that minimum sense of existence is running the shows too for everyone bases reality

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
accutly I have a even better idea find the tallest building you can .
goto the roof theres a edge oo 8 inches wide around the whole thing'
now be sure its windless ok get up and walk that edge once around the whole thing.
the funny thing is most people couldn't do it . But why 8 inches is plently of room and theres a nice flat roof not 2 feet down on one side . so unless your jumping you wont fall and yet you will be shaking in your boots.
probably 95% of people could do even that.
O ps no way im walking through harlem or walking the edge.
and if the dead guy wants my brain he better be prepared to be BRAINED lolol i Realy don't worry to much about going into the water never seen a 20 foot brim eat a guy.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Fear is biological, love is not. Love is spiritual, and we, in our biological constructs are both biological, and spiritual. Herein lies the contradiction, and given our inherent subjectivity as a biological construct, we often find it difficult to ally our biology with our spirituality, and contradictions often confuse us. It is wholly possible for two contradictions to both be true. Truth is not limited to our subjective understanding of it. If we are eternal beings, and I believe we are, then how contradictory can we get by agreeing to enter into biological constructs that die, and furthermore are programmed to survive? What an utterly bizarre contradiction that is, but if we are eternal beings, then that is truth in all its contradictory glory.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
yikks imas had to read your reply 3 times until i finely understood what you are saying .
dude you a professor?Or just running for office? obtw your cool im not picking just stunned on how articulate you are. i cant wright one line with spell checking 3 words lol

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Wrong my friend. To walk down Harlem at 2am with a load of cash sticking out of your pocket would be an un-wise choice at best not! a way to prove that fear has no hold on a person. To live without fear is to know that this life is not everything and death is not an end. Both you, I and everyone here is eternal, this world/life/dimension is one of many. Look beyond your fears in this life and you will realise they are trivial. We are eternal and from what I can gather living down here is one of the dullest dimensions we experience......

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
it is total nonsense this use of the word love to anything and from mature men that mean loving god that way

say that you wont take offense from who hurt you, that you dont judge who act objectively against you, that you dont mean to abuse the situation and eat it yourslf alive, that you forget about it, that you dont care, a lot of things can be said more appropriate to your particular means in mind

but love is something completely different and it is not the love of a son or a father or a mother, love is only you as living free alone from witnessing positive objective you with superior positive objective as else to realize more absolutely so you the living free could be more free positive living too

it is always the mean yourself result, but if ones dont think about it it is because they are themselves so they dont ahve to precise what they expect and put conditions, while they are enjoying witnessing objective absolute life somewhere they wont break that down for expectations precisions

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1

Wrong my friend. To walk down Harlem at 2am with a load of cash sticking out of your pocket would be an un-wise choice at best not! a way to prove that fear has no hold on a person. To live without fear is to know that this life is not everything and death is not an end. Both you, I and everyone here is eternal, this world/life/dimension is one of many. Look beyond your fears in this life and you will realise they are trivial. We are eternal and from what I can gather living down here is one of the dullest dimensions we experience......

moral of the story: have no fear, as long as you keep common sence.
case closed?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I believe that part of life is not having fear, but it is a defense mechanism as well.

One thing that makes us human is that we are able to override our animal instincts, one of which is fear. Imagine you are in a parking garage at night waiting for the elevator. The elevator doors open & there's one man inside. He smiles at you, but you still have a bad feeling in your gut. Here's the part where humans override instinct: You tell yourself that you're being silly & get into the elevator.

Any dog, given the same circumstances would trust his instict & run away. There would be no way that a dog would allow itself to get into a metal box without any real way out with another creature that is giving it bad vibes. Possessing the ability to ignore animal instincts is part of the downfall of man.

Yes, certain fears need to be overcome. These fears include caring if someone likes/dislikes you, if your lover is cheating on you, not speaking up because you may appear stupid, & a whole other long list of fears that truly have no bearing on your life.

I agree with the Op who talked about the people with pitchforks coming to get you. Yes, that's scary & your fear would allow you to quickly decide if you should stay & fight or jump out the back window.

Fear is not a bad thing. The same way anger can lead to a constructive action, so can fear.

Last of all, I'd like to mention that Buddhism is not all about learning to extinguish your fears. It's also about learning & growth. They believed in reincarnation & that one is doomed to repeat life until they learned to abandon whatever human trait was holding them to earth. Let's also remember that they certainly feared coming back as a roach or other vile creature, which enabled them to keep striving to be a better, more pure human so they could leave the earthly realm & travel to a greater, more spiratual existence.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
umm jean wile I could never be that poetic i aggree with you .
we are more then the some of our parts. and personally i think if there is a god he loves contradiction . why am i saying this heres some fun facts .
what can be used to start and make a fire burn but also will put it out?
why the answer is water plan old h2o toghter it puts out a fire apart it can create one. Now is that cool of what>
salt if you have none you will die if you have to much you will die.
theres hundreds of examples of contradictions in nature and humans have taken this to a whole new leavle.
stupid spell check

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
running away from an angry mob with pitch forks doesn't mean your afraid, as i've already posted, it's common sence

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
running away from an angry mob with pitch forks doesn't mean your afraid, as i've already posted, it's common sence

I'm not going to argue semantics. We are in agreement, we're just saying it differently. Or maybe, I would be in fear of being turned into a pin cushion with pitch forks. Whatever. I was just using it as an example.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
yea dr slim thats why i posted the second example of walking the ledge the is none active threat there and yet people still couldn't do it.
but if thats not enough well ill stop here because theres one thing that even Buddha himself wold have feared but i wont post taht because it realy is a big none active not directed at you fear abut i will say this every parent who loves there child has this one

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

that is nonsense sorry again to contradict what you are here, fear is not biological lol, animals awareness objective expression is exclusively their fears, how could you think that a body fear, it is u and the wills of not fearing is obviously from fearing too much, relax
any situation can be dealt about objectively and that dont alter what you are positive about yourself and your expectations of much more positive they are

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
yea dr slim thats why i posted the second example of walking the ledge the is none active threat there and yet people still couldn't do it.
but if thats not enough well ill stop here because theres one thing that even Buddha himself wold have feared but i wont post taht because it realy is a big none active not directed at you fear abut i will say this every parent who loves there child has this one

I don't want this to turn into an argument, but I don't see where overcoming the fear of falling off a building has anything to do with raising your spiritual awareness. I live in a state where the land is completely flat. Therefore, the fear of falling off a cliff has no place in my mental state of fear. If I lived within the Dogon tribe & feared falling off a high cliff, it may cause me some problems in my everyday life, which would need to be overcome if I am to exist within the tribe & do my part. See what I'm getting at?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

The end justifying the means is a Machiavellian thought, and Machiavelli was all about fear. It is self evident that the end is always brought about by the means. Whatever means were used, that will justify the end, and never the other way around. In order to get to C., one must first start from A., and then go to B., and then they are at C, but one can not get to C., if there is no B., and yet, this is merely in the physical world, which is all we can honestly discuss here and now, or more correctly Now Here.

If you choose to fear, this is your choice, and that is okay. I don't know who you think is judging you for choosing fear, or insisting that love is less than what others might say, but it seems this judgment you fear is coming from you. You are free to fear or love, but it is very difficult to do both. Perhaps, and I wouldn't know, but perhaps it is not possible to both fear and love. This is why I say, fear is what we feel in the absence of love. Fear if you must, my friend, but don't let your rage or frustrations imbalance you, as you are wiser when you are calm. I have seen this to be true.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
we all overcome fears we need to overcome to advance in our everyday existance, correct? it can be compared to evolution maybe. (on a smaller scale)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
imas your ovesly a very intelligent person but jean wasn't saying that fear isn't biological.
he was saying theres two parts one biological the other spiritual.
the biological part is what creates all the normal emotions all animals feal .
fear anger ( wich is just fear in discise ) but love is a spiritual emotion that transcends the biological . the love of a mother for her babys will over ride any fear to the point a rabbit will go after a fox if thats the only way to try and save the baby.
so his point was fear is biological but love is spiritual personally i aggree
have seen way to many times animals humans included give there life for there loved ones it goes way beyond self preservation

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join