The whole secret of existence is to have no fear

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

Originally posted by juveous

“The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.”

- Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

Edit: I actually agree on the fear part, it's the part about "reject all help." That has me confused.

It's not in the sense that you "cannot be helped", it is that you "should not fear not being helped". If you were starving you would beg, but that does not mean that you should look at those who do not give you food with malevolence. You cannot be mad at people that do not help.

The context the quote is probably most referring to as rejecting help is in the previous sentence "depend on no one" - when we depend on people, we fear what becomes of us when they do not so choose to help us.

Edit: even though we accept help - if we never did, it would be impossible to fear losing it - but if you never accepted help, because you did not want to fear losing help, you would then fear the fear of losing help. It is about losing the conditions of fear not the opportunities that create fear.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by juveous]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

i like yours as well klaatumagnum which proove how truth is about sameness result of different free livings sources, thanks

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
LOL wtf is this? A subjective orgy? Hey fellas lets help the now and alive.How does a famine create 100,000+ graves in a year?
How is it that billions of dollars dont reach children dying from malnurishment?
What conspiracies can you elaborate on?
What solutions do you have?
----Sorry Soupaloop and Jahimian rhapsidoy....I need help. for this paper L0L!

new topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join