It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Atheist.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Not debate or personnel attacks.

What I have found though is this. One need not ask an atheist anything outside of what he/she is eating for breakfest or lunch without preparing for personnel attack. At the least when asking an atheist about breakfest one had better be prepared to debate the evolution of the chicken that laid the scrambled egg.

Hello pot, meet kettle..... see what you did in the quote above? Exactly what you asked other people not to do.... very "christian" of you btw...Christ would have done the same i guess.....

You post "no debate or personal attacks", and then you do attack by stating all atheists are only bitching and debating evolution....

So what has this thread brought you?
You posted a "biblical" question about something that's not even mentioned in the bible....and yet you preach about "bringing intelligence" to the debate...sigh...

it's very clear you don't even want to debate, nor "research"

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

After seeing the all the post, I came to the conclusion that it would be prudent to answer a few questions. However upon doing that I found that one cannot give an idea without it falling into personnel attack such as your pot calling the kettle thing. I guess you did not read all the immediate attacks? Of course not.

Here's the thing and I' will repeat it one more time I started this thread with a question. Ah to hell with it, you read the thread.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by XyZeR

After seeing the all the post, I came to the conclusion that it would be prudent to answer a few questions. However upon doing that I found that one cannot give an idea without it falling into personnel attack such as your pot calling the kettle thing. I guess you did not read all the immediate attacks? Of course not.

Yes I did, and you're just as guilty of it as some of the atheists in this thread.
so calling out the atheist only resort to personal attacks when you do the same is the definition of hypocrisy

My "pot calling kettle thing" was posted to show you that you've taken part in these personal attacks which you so condemn....

Here's the thing and I' will repeat it one more time I started this thread with a question. Ah to hell with it, you read the thread.

Yeah I read the entire thread and how it backfired on you.
You got tons of answers, but none of them brought satisfaction .
What did you presume, that asking that kind of silly question would make people review their religious beliefs?

You asked us what we would do in case of a "Biblical rapture"... an event not even described in the bible....

So basically you asked us to post what we would do if "your fantasies" come trough....in the name of "pure research"...

That was the "tongue in cheek"-vibe I got the minute I read your OP question.

Let me ask you: do you want this "rapture" to happen?

Would you like to see all the non-religious people on this earth killed in one massive genocide?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Well, I would answer OPs question, but I am not an atheist.
Also, as the poster above said, what is there to answer when there is no rapture? It's not something the Prophets or Jesus described. It's basically derived from the private "letters" of some dude who declared himself Christ's apostle, without ever meeting Christ.
So, basically, hot air.

The OP should have posted the question "what would atheists say if th Judgement Day happened" as foretold in the Holy Books. But then again, they wouldn't be there to answer, would they?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Gday,

I think the number will be in the million's. Probably 90 to 100 million.

I find this so funny...

You THINK?
Is that number in the bible?
That's what YOU wanted to talk about, remember?

You MADE UP that number.
And when I asked where you got it, you said it would about 2 billion - ALL the Christians.

Probably 90 to 100 million?
Or 2 billion?

Does the bible say ALL Christians will be caught up?

No.
It says one will be caught up, another will stay behind.

K.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Gday,

The number I gave was a guess here's a better number:2,100,000,000source
Looks like I was under guessing by a 100 million...oh well
[edit on 17-5-2010 by Loken68]

Hahaha.

You guessed 90 to 100 million.
Then you said 2 BILLION.

Now you think you were wrong by 100 million?
In fact you were under by 2 BILLION or so.

You can't even tell millions from billions.

K.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by The Pelican
Let go of your atheist beliefs for a tiny second and think thoroughly about it. If (in your case, "if") Jesus Christ did return and the rapture happened and you were stuck on Earth and ultimately destined for Hell, what would you do? Don't come back with snazzy replies like most of you.

If it actually happened people would become believers.
That's obvious.

But why won't you answer the other question :
If it turns out your beliefe is wrong, what will YOU do?
Most believers simply refuse to answer.

Like most here won't actually discuss what the bible says :
"we'll be CAUGHT UP into the clouds, to be with Jesus in the air, for ever".

Do you agree with the bible on that ?
What will YOU do up in the air with Jesus?

K.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Gday,

we will be CAUGHT UP into the clouds to be with Jesus in the air for ever

Kapyong
Where is the paqssage that your using? What translation are you using for your resource. I do not agree your bible.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

The passage YOU cited !!!!!!!
NOW you pretend you don't even recognise that passage ?????

Let's recap :

1. Loken started a post to discuss the biblical account of the Rapture

2. I asked him what the Bible said about the Rapture

3. Loken wouldn't answer, just abused me - it's clear that Loken did not know at that point the Rapture is not clearly laid out in the bible at all.

4. Loken eventually posted that the Rapture was found in "many places" in the bible, but did NOT quote a SINGLE one.

5. The main passage cited was the I Thessalonians 4:16-17
"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."

6. NOW, realising how ridiculous that is, Loken pretends he has NEVER even heard of that passage.

Incredible dishonesty.

K.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Kapyong]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Gday,

The heart of the post and what "I" was seeking in the first is plain and pure research. Not debate or personnel attacks.

YOUR posts have mostly been personal attacks.
Meanwhile, you IGNORE any discussion of what the Bible says about the Rapture - the subject you pretended you wanted to discuss.

What I have found though is this. One need not ask an atheist anything outside of what he/she is eating for breakfest or lunch without preparing for personnel attack.

You started this post to attack atheist[sic]
You've spend most of it attacking atheists.

Hypocrite.

At the least when asking an atheist about breakfest one had better be prepared to debate the evolution of the chicken that laid the scrambled egg.

You KEEP bringing up evolution
AND
you keep telling people NOT to talk about evolution!

Hypocrite.

K.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Gday,

After seeing the all the post, I came to the conclusion that it would be prudent to answer a few questions.

Great.
We've been waiting for you to answer....

However upon doing that I found that one cannot give an idea without it falling into personnel attack such as your pot calling the kettle thing. I guess you did not read all the immediate attacks? Of course not.

WTF?
You cannot answer questions without making personal attacks?
You have a real mental problem there.

We DID.
We READ your posts,
We answered you.

You ignored most of the responses.

You refuse to discuss what the bible says :
"we will be CAUGHT UP into the clouds to be with Jesus in the air for ever".

Does that embarass you ?

K.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

You refuse to discuss what the bible says : "we will be CAUGHT UP into the clouds to be with Jesus in the air for ever".

You misquoted, that statement is not in the Bible:

The actual passages reads:

I Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Young's Literal Translation
(1Th 4:16) because the Lord himself, in a shout, in the voice of a chief-messenger, and in the trump of God, shall come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ shall rise first, (1Th 4:17) then we who are living, who are remaining over, together with them shall be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in air, and so always with the Lord we shall be;

"we will be CAUGHT UP into the clouds to be with Jesus in the air for ever".

You expect someone to discuss a misquote of a Biblical verse base upon your modification of the actual statement. The original passages does not state "with Jesus in the air for ever", it states " always with the Lord we shall be". Now where do you get the idea that is "in the air for ever". Only the initial meeting is "in the air".

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

I answered your question even though I originally asked for no debate in the thread. But you came along after several atheist made logical remarks and started a debate. Anyone can go back to page one and follow the thread. I told you Kapyong several times that it was not open for debate. But no you just kept on and on using non-Biblical or made up verses to create a stumble but when corrected you just move on to a different tack. I gave you sourcess but they weren't good enough, even though yours were fake with no research used at all. I did not post this thread to entice debate. But you carried it from evolution to lies.

After receiving several u2u's from different ATS member's both Christian and Atheist I decided to do a little research on you and found the following:

1.Not only are you an atheist your a satanist.
2.You do no research other than copy and paste. I found your one created thread else where on the internet by a different author.
3. You only post on thread's to cause criticism and to engender strife.
4. You use ATS to further "your" agenda

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Loken68]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by jagdflieger
reply to post by Kapyong

You refuse to discuss what the bible says : "we will be CAUGHT UP into the clouds to be with Jesus in the air for ever".

You misquoted, that statement is not in the Bible:

The actual passages reads:

I Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Young's Literal Translation
(1Th 4:16) because the Lord himself, in a shout, in the voice of a chief-messenger, and in the trump of God, shall come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ shall rise first, (1Th 4:17) then we who are living, who are remaining over, together with them shall be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in air, and so always with the Lord we shall be;

Now where do you get the idea that is "in the air for ever". Only the initial meeting is "in the air".

Does it say they MOVE on to somewhere else?
No.

It says :
"and SO always with the Lord...".

or
"and THUS we shall always be...

This "so" and "thus" makes it CLEAR the being in the air is how we shll be for ever.

But strangely, none of you believers want to admit the bible says silly nonsense.

K.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Does it say they MOVE on to somewhere else?
No.
It says :
"and SO always with the Lord...".

Neither does it says that they don't move someplace else. It just says "meet in the air"

or "and THUS we shall always be...
This "so" and "thus" makes it CLEAR the being in the air is how we shll be for ever.
But strangely, none of you believers want to admit the bible says silly nonsense.

Wow!!! Us ooor Christians have been misreading that passage for the last 2000 years along with a few atheists. Now Quentin is here to tell us what it really means. You just see silly nonsense because that is all you want to see.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So,

being CAUGHT UP into the clouds, to be in the air with Jesus, (then according to you moving off somewhere else that the bible never said.)

That's not silly to you?
You actually BELIEVE that will happen?
Seriously?

You guys REALLY believe that will happen?
I'n finding it hard to believe you are serious.

K.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong
So,

being CAUGHT UP into the clouds, to be in the air with Jesus, (then according to you moving off somewhere else that the bible never said.)

That's not silly to you?
Seriously?

K.

I'm finding it hard to believe that after you goaded me into answering you, you still avoid the questions put forth. Welcome to ignore.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

"Asking an atheist to be serious about God. Is like asking a thief to go find a policeman ".

[edit on 18-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

So,

Yes the Bible does say, but you have to look elsewhere.

That's not silly to you?
Seriously?

Yes we are serious. And about being silly. Don't you think it kind of silly for an atheist to be spending time debating the meaning of Biblical passages (a document he claims to be myths) when he could be spending his time shagging his girl friend, or fishing, or having fun in the pub?

Yes we really believe that will happen at some time or another. But we wonder if you are being serious since you have failed to respond to many challenges to you position with silence.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Asking an atheist to be serious about God. Is like asking a thief to go find a policeman.

Good quote - can I use that if I say you were the author?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

You can do what ever you like if you do not use the exact quote.
Here is the exact quote.

Telling an atheist he must find God Is like asking a thief to find a policeman.

I only borrowed from it, because I can't remember who said it. Was it Ellington?

That figures ! No wonder I couldn't remember. It's author unknown Einstien .

[edit on 18-5-2010 by randyvs]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join